Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

Postby tipper » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:47 pm

Booney wrote:Over $1.2m per year to keep Footy Park in order.

and the crows are on a peppercorn rent for their facilities there arent they? have paid eff all in rent since their inception, and from memory have a contract guaranteeing that for some time to come? 400k doesnt even scratch the surface
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Panther Pack » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:33 pm

MW wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:
21 Full Time Professional athletes v 21 Part Time Semi Professional athletes is just not fair no matter which way anyone words it.

Look at your bloke that ripped his hamstring.....you could see it on his face that he knew that in all probability that his season is over, probably hasn't worked at his day job outside of football this week, accumulated medical bills and rolled up for training long after the little bubble crow boys have gone home to sit on the couch and watch Home & Away....

Wasn't 21 full time professional athletes but lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story hey

You have misunderstood me I didn't say last weekends game was 21 full time professional athletes but the fact is it can be 21 full timers v 21 part timers which i don't think is fair.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby wild dog » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:01 pm

matt35 wrote:I personally was disappointed with the Crows turn out. Certainly more than your average game, but disappointing nonetheless. Weather in the morning would have put some waverers off if it was anything like where I was more generally, even we had second thoughts and that's saying something. A later time slot would also have helped, but we know why that was not possible. In spite of all that there was still a year on year crowd increase for the first week of finals, a far cry from a record low that some were predicting-we fell to less than 6k in 2013. I fear my partner and I will be two of very few Crows there at 12:10 on Sunday, but we'll be there regardless. P.S obviously nobody on here talking about quiet Crows supporters were sitting near my partner and I; probably not a bad thing. :)

Are you suggesting that Crows reserves supporters somehow contributed to an increase in the crowd for this years elimination final? For that matter, are you suggesting the Crows reserves are a reason for increasing crowds from 2013?

No idea where you sat, but at the scoreboard there wasn't any support for the reserves. Biggest support group I saw was the flag bearers at the start of the game. That group ably demonstrated the Crows demographic, god bless em.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:19 am

wild dog wrote: Biggest support group I saw was the flag bearers at the start of the game. That group ably demonstrated the Crows demographic, god bless em.

Bright red cheeks, and white hair with a blue rinse?

Hang on, they could've been bulldogs fans! ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby wild dog » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:01 pm

Magellan wrote:
wild dog wrote: Biggest support group I saw was the flag bearers at the start of the game. That group ably demonstrated the Crows demographic, god bless em.

:lol:

They would be welcomed, but I don't think they expected the response their beloved team copped from the Dogs fans.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby goddy11 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:41 pm

goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:15 pm

wild dog wrote:
Magellan wrote:

:lol:

They would be welcomed, but I don't think they expected the response their beloved team copped from the Dogs fans.

For shame, Centrals fans. They're the team for all South Australians. Failure to clap at the designated time means you're not a South Australian, and is tantamount to treason. Severe penalties apply. 10 to 20 years locked up in the West Lakes Shed without a thermos and sandwiches with the crusts cut off.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:23 pm

thats just barbaric magellan. surely that punishment is against the geneva convention? i mean, having to eat the crusts, thats just inhuman
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby therisingblues » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:57 pm

You'll do what the scoreboard tells you to, or you'll all be sent to bed wearing the yellow away pyjamas, without the number "19" on the back, or the front pocket.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:23 pm

tipper wrote:thats just barbaric magellan. surely that punishment is against the geneva convention? i mean, having to eat the crusts, thats just inhuman

Will make your hair curly.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:03 pm

therisingblues wrote:You'll do what the scoreboard tells you to, or you'll all be sent to bed wearing the yellow away pyjamas, without the number "19" on the back, or the front pocket.

Jeez, no Eddie Betts, that is rough.
Magellan
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL