Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

Postby Magellan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:32 am

LPH wrote:Would love to see the 'Crow on a Stick' - might be a bit easier than a 'Cow' :)

Also a bunch of blokes brandishing beef shaslicks might not get the point across. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:49 am

images.jpg
images.jpg (27.71 KiB) Viewed 874 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:40 am

therisingblues wrote:
whufc wrote:Crows by 72 points

Barmby and Holman to get reported

What the lowest ever crowd to a SANFL final

With two of the northern suburbs biggest amateur clubs in grand finals on Saturday plus a small Crows crowd could be embarrassing

I actually think Crows will turn out in force. This'd hold the novelty value of a slow-down potentially. I really hope regular SANFL fans get down there and back the Doggies in.

remember, the actual slowdown is on sunday too down at glenelg.

royal adelaide show, slowdown, the general apathy of crows supporters to the reserves. it is all lining up to be a poor showing

edit, i was wrong above. i thought he games were sunday as all the sanfl finals used to be. just realised they are saturday this week
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby DOC » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:46 pm

Any chance Centurion and Eric make a showing?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 732 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Postby MW » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:51 pm

Some of you have some incredible reasons for hypotheticals...how 'bout waiting till after the game beforecomplaining about crowds, players, crows supporters etc
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:52 pm

I actually think it'll be a good crowd. With no AFL on and it being at the Adelaide Oval with tens of thousands of free tickets they should come out of the woodwork.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby UK Fan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:44 pm

DOC wrote:Any chance Centurion and Eric make a showing?

Nope
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby therisingblues » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:39 pm

MW wrote:Some of you have some incredible reasons for hypotheticals...how 'bout waiting till after the game beforecomplaining about crowds, players, crows supporters etc

I actually think there'll be upwards of 5,000 Crows fans there. Just how far upwards, I'm not sure. But the conditions of our old stand alone Grand Final, played AFTER the AFL season are partly replicated here with no AFL on this weekend.
I am worried for the Central side that has to play in front of such a one sided crowd, especially if opinion on this board is an indication.
I will not be there.i have an outside chance of getting to the Sturt game, but I wish I could be there to support the Dogs in the early game.
We'll know how correct I am in that prediction by this time tomorrow. I reckon there'll be about 13,000 to both games, with about 5,500 going for the Ravens. There'll possibly be a few Crows members who turn up to support Sturt, and that'll boost figures. Unfortunately those would most likely support the Ravens in the early game also.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby VALE PARK » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Might be stretching it a bit to get to 10K for both games including players,umpires and officials even with all those free tickets!
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby jo172 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:11 pm

Crows had to get SANFL permission to rest Rory Sloane and Brodie Smith this weekend

Michelangelo Rucci, The Advertiser
18 minutes ago
Subscriber only

CENTRAL District’s outrage at the AFL-based Crows gaining special permits for Cam Ellis-Yolmen and Paul Seedsman to play in Saturday’s SANFL elimination final has a bizarre postscript.

Adelaide also had to seek SANFL permission to NOT play new All-Australian midfielder Rory Sloane and Crows halfback Brodie Smith against the Bulldogs.

Under SANFL rules, the Crows were compelled to play both Smith and Sloane — who both missed Adelaide’s last AFL home-and-away game against West Coast due to, respectively, injury and suspension — in this week’s State league finals.

This clause was written in the AFL-SANFL interchange agreement — with the introduction of AFL reserves teams in the State league in 2014 — to avert the Crows and Power stripping their SANFL sides of talent during finals.

;)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Venga Bus » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:17 pm

This whole AFL V SANFL thing is tearing the local comp apart and the sooner the powers to be see this and do something quickly clubs are going to start falling over. I know of life long supporters of the SANFL refusing to go any games that feature the 2 AFL teams. When will it stop.
And to alienate me even further how is it that Crows members who have never been to a SANFL game get in for free and proud members like myself who pay the full SANFL club membership and season ticket get nothing, just another slap in the face for the SANFL. I WILL be there Saturday and by #hrist I hope Centrals win, not for the club, players,support staff (volunteers) and supporters but for the sake and livelihood of the SANFL.
Venga Bus
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Pag » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Stupid scheduling by the SANFL (Channel 7) in the first place. Got ammo and country finals/GFs being played all over the place, why not just play them on the Sunday like usual with no clashes with other footy?

We'd love to spend our club's Silly Sunday on the hill watching a couple of mates play for the Dogs, as I'm sure some other clubs across the city would have. Instead, we'll be at the pub.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Pag wrote:Stupid scheduling by the SANFL (Channle 7) in the first place. Got ammo and country finals/GFs being played all over the place, why not just play them on the Sunday like usual with no clashes with other footy?

We'd love to spend our club's Silly Sunday on the hill watching a couple of mates play for the Dogs, as I'm sure some other clubs across the city would have. Instead, we'll be at the pub.

Reckon they want maximum preparation time for the playing surface in readiness for 3 games in 24 hours....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Agree with Pag. Scheduling balls up here. Not saying they will miss out on drawing a decent crowd but I think more people will not attend on the Saturday due to Country/Amateur GF's and finals than would have not gone due to Fathers Day on the Sunday..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby MW » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:07 pm

jo172 wrote:
Crows had to get SANFL permission to rest Rory Sloane and Brodie Smith this weekend

18 minutes ago
Subscriber only

CENTRAL District’s outrage at the AFL-based Crows gaining special permits for Cam Ellis-Yolmen and Paul Seedsman to play in Saturday’s SANFL elimination final has a bizarre postscript.

Adelaide also had to seek SANFL permission to NOT play new All-Australian midfielder Rory Sloane and Crows halfback Brodie Smith against the Bulldogs.

Under SANFL rules, the Crows were compelled to play both Smith and Sloane — who both missed Adelaide’s last AFL home-and-away game against West Coast due to, respectively, injury and suspension — in this week’s State league finals.

This clause was written in the AFL-SANFL interchange agreement — with the introduction of AFL reserves teams in the State league in 2014 — to avert the Crows and Power stripping their SANFL sides of talent during finals.

;)

This got glossed over too quickly...thoughts?
MW
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:15 pm

MW wrote:
jo172 wrote:

18 minutes ago
Subscriber only

;)

My immediate thought is that the whole thing sounds very contrived. But I guess when you're trying to mash two separate competitions to resemble a seniors and a reserves, while pretending integrity there's going to be a few of these.
My next thought would be that I've heard of no precedent where a player MUST play. If they were forced to stick to the rule I reckon Sloane would spend most of his time on the bench, potentially could hinder the Ravens.
Anyway, considering that I hate the Ravens presence in the SANFL and it's debatable if they are gaining or losing out of the non-application of this rule I don't really have a clear stand point on it.
A direct contravention of the rules in order to gain an advantage is a different matter.
What do you think MW?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby whufc » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:32 pm

MW wrote:
jo172 wrote:

18 minutes ago
Subscriber only

;)

It was in the Crows best interests to not play them

A this going to be another '4K crowds' we are looking after your best interests when really it's only our interests we care about
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:58 pm

I think the Crows did bend the rules and kept them out of the side so they had a better chance of beating North Melbourne the following week. The rule is in place to stop AFL listed clubs resting their players during the SANFL finals.
Just thought it was slightly hypocritical to focus on Seed and CEY and not this issue that's all.
MW
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:03 pm

MW wrote:I think the Crows did bend the rules and kept them out of the side so they had a better chance of beating North Melbourne the following week. The rule is in place to stop AFL listed clubs resting their players during the SANFL finals.
Just thought it was slightly hypocritical to focus on Seed and CEY and not this issue that's all.

I think it just highlights the issue further that literally the rules don't apply to the AFL clubs and they can do whatever suits there best interests at the time regardless of rules in place.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Pseudo » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:56 pm

↑ this.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL