Cornes complaint

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Cornes complaint

Postby JK » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:35 pm

Probably need to know specifics to know if he has a point or not. As I said elsewhere, the Hill as usual was passionate but friendly enough, I had beers with both Port and Norwood people at different occasions. We do need to be mindful of not keeping kids away from the comp if they feel threatened, and physical violence and racist or sexual taunts etc are obviously a clear no-no. But at the same time you have to question whether these ex-AFL players complaining, are doing so because they come from the more sanitised and sheltered AFL environment?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Grenville » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:49 pm

I've got a couple of Norwood mates who were standing in front of the Premiers Bar and they reckon The Chad might be acting a wee bit precious.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Gozu » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:09 pm

HTFU

This sounds a lot like two AFL prima donnas not being used to dealing with SANFL crowds. You're no longer in the sanitised AFL bubble.

What next no eye contact allowed with the great Chad Cornes on his way back up to the box?
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby blood bath » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:28 pm

Wasn't as though the Chad ever incited a crows crowd...
blood bath
Under 16s

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:28 pm

JK wrote:Probably need to know specifics to know if he has a point or not. As I said elsewhere, the Hill as usual was passionate but friendly enough, I had beers with both Port and Norwood people at different occasions. We do need to be mindful of not keeping kids away from the comp if they feel threatened, and physical violence and racist or sexual taunts etc are obviously a clear no-no. But at the same time you have to question whether these ex-AFL players complaining, are doing so because they come from the more sanitised and sheltered AFL environment?

Good comment. I have been to games where Norwood played and some of their supporters were aggressive and embarrassing. It even involved more mature woman walking back to the car. I never witnessed or experienced a hostile Norwood crowd until Bassett took over ? Is there something in that ?

On the other side is Cornes a bit precious as well. What it displays is the angst with the AFL reserves inclusion not the Port/ Norwood rilvary and that is exactly why Younie has been quoted.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:35 pm

blood bath wrote:Wasn't as though the Chad ever incited a crows crowd...

Very valid comment. Maybe people just don't like him and Port. Surprising.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:39 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:
blood bath wrote:Wasn't as though the Chad ever incited a crows crowd...

Very valid comment. Maybe people just don't like him and Port. Surprising.

Didn't help that Port went the man on the night either. Sharrad copped a bit of grief after throwing one at JD that earns him a weeks holiday
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Grenville » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:15 pm

The ultimate hypocrisy would be if Chad accused someone of spitting on him.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby stan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:34 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:
JK wrote:Probably need to know specifics to know if he has a point or not. As I said elsewhere, the Hill as usual was passionate but friendly enough, I had beers with both Port and Norwood people at different occasions. We do need to be mindful of not keeping kids away from the comp if they feel threatened, and physical violence and racist or sexual taunts etc are obviously a clear no-no. But at the same time you have to question whether these ex-AFL players complaining, are doing so because they come from the more sanitised and sheltered AFL environment?

Good comment. I have been to games where Norwood played and some of their supporters were aggressive and embarrassing. It even involved more mature woman walking back to the car. I never witnessed or experienced a hostile Norwood crowd until Bassett took over ? Is there something in that ?

On the other side is Cornes a bit precious as well. What it displays is the angst with the AFL reserves inclusion not the Port/ Norwood rilvary and that is exactly why Younie has been quoted.

This is probably what concerns me that we need to be careful of stopping familes coming to the game as we want the families and younger generation as part of the future. Also being on the ground during the breaks around the huddles is great but this sort of thing could take that away.

But Im mindful that Cornes is bit of a precious flog. Did some fans over step the mark, well maybe but lets all take a breath just for a sec.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby locky801 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:41 pm

_52272673_crying-baby.gif
_52272673_crying-baby.gif (41.97 KiB) Viewed 1489 times

Chad been taking lessons from Daddy
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3733 times
Been liked: 1176 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:11 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:PORT Adelaide and Adelaide have called for greater security at SANFL matches after Chad Cornes labelled the crowd at Norwood Oval last week as “probably the most abusive I’ve ever been involved with either at AFL or SANFL level’’.

Crows SANFL coach Heath Younie backed Cornes’s call for greater safety measures for players and coaches and revealed Adelaide employs its own plain-clothes security guards to deal with crowd trouble “just in case something happens’’.

At what proportion of Clowns games would there be more security in the crowd than Clown fans? Got to boost the crowd figures somehow I s'pose.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:19 pm

We don't like you. Get out of our comp fool.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:44 am

Shows the intelligence of people, on here and at the footy, if I abuse shit out of the players and coach enough they'll leave. Dead set **** head if that's your preferred method of stating your case and shows you've not got the intellect to approach the situation in any manner to make a real difference.

Pretty sure Chad has thick skin, pretty sure he's been around the game long enough to know what's par for the course and what's not. **** me, he's a Glenelg boy, his fathers Graham and he's a Port man at heart now....like he's never copped a serve before!

Alberton hasn't ever been a sanctuary for the intellectually superior or culturally advanced, for sure, but some of the stuff I've heard and been threatened with in the last two years has been remarkable and as noted above, if you're that ******* thick to think that you'll be the catalyst for the sides being removed from the competition I wish you luck surviving in this world without opposable thumbs.

I too have thick skin, very thick around the middle and give as good as I get but I have never threatened anyone with physical violence or ( as at Woodville last year - lol ) - "I'll shit in my pie bag and stick down your ******* throat". I trust his work for the dole scheme is going well.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7512 times
Been liked: 10808 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:52 am

Well, no doubting that there are passionate supporters out there and going by Facebook, it would seem it was one of those passionate supporters who set this whole scenario up.
From what I can read, via Facey and in the story, there appears to have been two issues on the night.

1) A confrontation on field in which Kane Cornes was insulted, to which he responded in kind. The comments from both men seem OTP and deliberately provocative. It would seem that one person instigated the issue and went to FB to let everyone know, the other involved himself in the verbal altercation and then had a bigger mouthpiece to make a noise about it. A couple of hundred Facey followers v a man with massive media contacts looking to make anything into a story.
I reckon if the Kane doesn't want to deal with stuff like that, he shouldn't respond. He's a club official and should handle the situation with dignity.
The supporter might need to consider whether his up-close verbal attacks are doing his club and SANFL supporters any favours.

2) The other situation seems to be about Kane and his family attending the game and having to leave early. As a parent, I sympathise with that - but, earthy banter is what you'll get from any footy crowd: AFL, SANFL or grass roots. I don't reckon what you hear at Norwood is any different to what you hear on any other terrace. I suggest that that stuff doesn't go on around the players' families at AFL level as they sit with each other and are relatively sheltered from the hoi polloi. I understand that Kane might have felt disappointed in what was going on around him, but it is no better, nor worse than what goes on elsewhere. You do have to choose where you stand/sit at any football game, depending upon the crowd that is around you (my experience at Norwood is that if you want a moderate football experience, you don't sit near the Baulderstone Stand, nor Hill at Norwood).

They're two different situations being used to build up a story involving a high-profile football family who love the media - and banter - when it's in their favour.
But the other bloke involved in the on-field 'discussion' with the master crowd baiter probably needs to consider his actions as well.
Last edited by Dogwatcher on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Wedgie » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:53 am

Booney wrote:Shows the intelligence of people, on here and at the footy, if I abuse shit out of the players and coach enough they'll leave. Dead set **** head if that's your preferred method of stating your case and shows you've not got the intellect to approach the situation in any manner to make a real difference.

So if you abuse people you're a dead set **** head? :lol:
I assume this is an April Fools post? :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2058 times
Been liked: 3911 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:55 am

tigerpie wrote:Bit rich coming from port I would've thought. Do they hear their own ferals at alberton?

That's not really the point, however, every club has ferals, anyone who says they don't is kidding themselves but it comes down to how far you go with what is said, if a line is crossed it isn't acceptable, simple as that and regardless of who, where and when.

I've spoken to a few people about this and one stated the 3/4 time Port huddle was on a knifes edge and could have escalated to be out of hand very quickly. If it's at that point, it's gone too far. No?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:57 am

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:Shows the intelligence of people, on here and at the footy, if I abuse shit out of the players and coach enough they'll leave. Dead set **** head if that's your preferred method of stating your case and shows you've not got the intellect to approach the situation in any manner to make a real difference.

Might need to read it again, if you think abusing people is the way to fix the reserves issue then yes, you are, how can it help any efforts to return the SANFL to what it was?

All it will do is give more people reason not to attend.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:01 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Might need to read it again, if you think abusing people is the way to fix the reserves issue then yes, you are, how can it help any efforts to return the SANFL to what it was?

Apologies, I thought you were taking the piss by abusing people for abusing people.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2058 times
Been liked: 3911 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:04 am

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Apologies, I thought you were taking the piss by abusing people for abusing people.

I'm not Taylor Walker.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:18 am

late twist in this story should be that it was a port supporter that was having a go at the chad.

just like the bloke who chucked his membership card at the crows players at prospect that turned out to be a crows supporter and nothing to do with North :lol:
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL