F%#k me
I've just realised what I've done :shock: :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Re: AFL Womens League

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:23 pm

tipper wrote:personally i dont see what this thread is doing in the SANFL section. shouldnt it be moved into the AFl area if it is an afl womens league?

Left it here as some are arguing it impacts on if a national reserves comp goes ahead or not which has a major impact on the SANFL.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2049 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:32 pm

Any grassroots club either sanfl or ammos who field a womans team will have a shitload of money thrown at them.
Any propaganda handed down to junior clubs lately features prominently pics of girls, immigrant kids, & the all time special girls with hijabs (?).
The AFL are going after this market hard.
Compulsory to now list an AFL club on registrations which I'd say is handed over to the clubs database.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby dogbreath » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:41 pm

bennymacca wrote:a topic such as this certainly brings the mouth breathers out in force :D

and a few lemons :)
dogbreath

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Q. » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:26 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Any grassroots club either sanfl or ammos who field a womans team will have a shitload of money thrown at them.
Any propaganda handed down to junior clubs lately features prominently pics of girls, immigrant kids, & the all time special girls with hijabs (?).
Compulsory to now list an AFL club on registrations which I'd say is handed over to the clubs database.

How dare they diversify their audience and participants!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:28 am

Q. wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Any grassroots club either sanfl or ammos who field a womans team will have a shitload of money thrown at them.

How dare they diversify their audience and participants!

I'm actually for it
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby wild dog » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:18 pm

Cant help but get the feeling there are some hipsters frequenting the thread.
How will this league really work is the question. Is it another grandiose AFL announcement which is essentially just a grab to monopolise and strangle out any form of alternative. Get a couple of good teams, get some decent ratings and say hey presto, we are now the guardians of women's football.

Its nothing really new, organised leagues have been going around since the 90's. I remember the Thunderbirds for a while there getting some reasonable numbers in participation. Participation for girls is great, anything to break them free from the current stereotypes that are forced upon them. Anyone with a daughter between 5 and 10 knows what you are confronted with when you go shopping for clothes.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:00 pm

wild dog wrote:Cant help but get the feeling there are some hipsters frequenting the thread.
How will this league really work is the question. Is it another grandiose AFL announcement which is essentially just a grab to monopolise and strangle out any form of alternative. Get a couple of good teams, get some decent ratings and say hey presto, we are now the guardians of women's football.

Its nothing really new, organised leagues have been going around since the 90's. I remember the Thunderbirds for a while there getting some reasonable numbers in participation. Participation for girls is great, anything to break them free from the current stereotypes that are forced upon them. Anyone with a daughter between 5 and 10 knows what you are confronted with when you go shopping for clothes.

Calling people who support Womens football hipsters is akin to saying anyone from Smithfield supports organised crime. Pretty average stereotype, both of them. Perhaps there are some people on this thread who actually have some knowledge on the topic and believe in and actively support the concept. I for one am shocked as to why anyone would be against creating an opportunity for Females in Football.

Whether people like it or not it is coming that much is for sure.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:27 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
wild dog wrote:Cant help but get the feeling there are some hipsters frequenting the thread.

Calling people who support Womens football hipsters is akin to saying anyone from Smithfield supports organised crime. Pretty average stereotype, both of them. Perhaps there are some people on this thread who actually have some knowledge on the topic and believe in and actively support the concept. I for one am shocked as to why anyone would be against creating an opportunity for Females in Football.

I cant see how it affects people badly enough to complain about it? The argument that money should be spent on grassroots football is redundant because the Womens League will boost girls participation from a young age and hence will boost grassroots football.. The numbers don't lie, participation of girls in football has increased remarkably over recent years, so why who is it harming to bring in a proposed 6 team comp to run for a couple of months per year, give the young girls a pathway in the game.. Such a massive growth potential I think it would be a blight on the AFL if they didn't do it, rather than the opposite..

And if people think it is taking the place of a potential reserves comp they are deluded..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby wild dog » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:30 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

Sensitive. :lol:
If you bothered to digest the content of my post you wouldn't have shot from the hip in your reply. There is no argument from me about the merits of establishing a semi profesional woman's league. I encourage it. Its about who does it and their motivations. Im happy to debate that, but trying to hijack an agenda by claiming the high moral ground is a sign of intellectual weakness and immaturity.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:35 pm

human_torpedo wrote:I cant see how it affects people badly enough to complain about it?

Because the SANFL is the most important comp in history and if money isnt poured into that in preference to literally anything else then that other thing is a bad idea.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:55 pm

Thats just clutching at imaginary straws
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11844 times
Been liked: 3600 times

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:56 pm

No, I think he got hold of one, at least.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:57 pm

wild dog wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Sensitive. :lol:
If you bothered to digest the content of my post you wouldn't have shot from the hip in your reply. There is no argument from me about the merits of establishing a semi profesional woman's league. I encourage it. Its about who does it and their motivations. Im happy to debate that, but trying to hijack an agenda by claiming the high moral ground is a sign of intellectual weakness and immaturity.

I'm not sensitive I'm realistic and have an understanding of modern football programming and who runs these program's. I'm sorry if you don't. As for their motivations, does it really matter. Whether you, Graham Cornes or any other poster like the idea doesn't bother me at all and that's fine. Nobody has to like it but my point is it is being built to cater for it's ever growing market.

I guess my intellectual weakness inhibits me from explaining to you clever folk. Sorry was that immature, us Hipsters tend to do that when we are out thunked :roll:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:42 pm

bennymacca wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:I cant see how it affects people badly enough to complain about it?

Because the SANFL is the most important comp in history and if money isnt poured into that in preference to literally anything else then that other thing is a bad idea.

Would an Adelaide Crows fan know much about what history is??? ;)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:15 pm

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

pretty much exactly proving my point there.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:24 pm

bennymacca wrote:
whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

pretty much exactly proving my point there.

Thought the wink might have a dead cert to give away i was having a laugh.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Q. » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Do hipsters even like footy?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jim05 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:17 pm

Q. wrote:Do hipsters even like footy?

They ride there on their fixies
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:19 pm

Q. wrote:Do hipsters even like footy?

Yes we do :)
wristwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL