The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

by maccad » Sun May 04, 2014 3:00 pm

When was the last time an SANFL team was not playing in a televised game, for this weekend only port power and crows supporters get to see their teams on TV. I would have happily watched a the south and eagles game on TV today, I will not be watching another game where the crows or power are playing.
maccad
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

by RB » Sun May 04, 2014 3:14 pm

There's something wrong when there's an Sanfl game not featuring an Sanfl team. It's kind of pointless paying Seven all this money if this is what they're going to put on.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 772 times
Been liked: 1082 times

by Tassie Blues » Sun May 04, 2014 3:16 pm

maccad wrote:When was the last time an SANFL team was not playing in a televised game, for this weekend only port power and crows supporters get to see their teams on TV. I would have happily watched a the south and eagles game on TV today, I will not be watching another game where the crows or power are playing.

FYI both team are SANFL team playing today's game
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

by Mic » Sun May 04, 2014 3:33 pm

kickinit wrote:
Mic wrote:A couple quick questions:
-What was the result of the vote for the Power reserves side in the SANFL? DId any club vote "no"?
-Are Power paying each of the SANFL clubs $40,000/$50,000 this year to have their reserves side in the comp, like the Crows are?

Pretty sure the vote was 7-1.
Port will forego $400K of their Club distribution. Also the only members that get into games free are magpies members. If you have a power membership you get 0 SANFL games.

Who voted "No"?
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

by kickinit » Sun May 04, 2014 3:38 pm

Mic wrote:
kickinit wrote:
-What was the result of the vote for the Power reserves side in the SANFL? DId any club vote "no"?
-Are Power paying each of the SANFL clubs $40,000/$50,000 this year to have their reserves side in the comp, like the Crows are?

Port will forego $400K of their Club distribution. Also the only members that get into games free are magpies members. If you have a power membership you get 0 SANFL games.

Who voted "No"?

Think it was centrals. That deal was handed to Port, Port then voted if they would accept or decline.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

by Mic » Sun May 04, 2014 4:10 pm

kickinit wrote:
Mic wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Who voted "No"?

Think it was centrals. That deal was handed to Port, Port then voted if they would accept or decline.

Ok, Thanks.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

by sjt » Sun May 04, 2014 6:59 pm

C'mon port power reserves! If south can't win it, I hope port power professionals romp it in. It must be strange/ tough for South's chief executive Evan Arnold. He voted against his former employer being able to join the league
(Maybe he knew enough about them) and now they could be a big hinderance to South's success, and I know there's a long way to go.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

by Tech1 » Sun May 04, 2014 7:26 pm

kickinit wrote:
Mic wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Who voted "No"?

Thought it was West Adelaide, this all got lost though when the decision was made, hence people asking who rejected it. The original offer was exactly the same as the crows deal, you said no and somehow ended up with this current deal with only one club rejecting it, got to hand it to the people running your club, you have got a very very good deal and it's still staggering that this was excepted and nothing was mentioned about the differences in the media, it was if they all thought it was the same deal before the season started.
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

by on the rails » Sun May 04, 2014 7:34 pm

Can C7 introduce "arse cam" so Soders and that wannabe clown Giniver can host telecasts from inside the "bowels" of the AFL State League Comp? Those fvckwit cvnts who voted the shambles in better hope they don't meet me face to face as I am jot surevi will be able to show my normal restraint!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

by Dutchy » Sun May 04, 2014 7:38 pm

tipper wrote:Well here I am at lameroo. Top of the table clash (who would ever have thought I could say that abkut peake??) $5 to get in, including car park, $7 for a rum can, $3 for a glass of port!! And two teams fighting hard for a win under the same rules...plus the president of peake isnt a ****.

ill watch a great game, spend less cash and get more hammered than if I was at prospect. Bohdan, once the people you have driven away fill their weekends with other things, and the novelty of reserves sides wares off, all you have tok look forward to will be an empty stand and a few geriatric haply clappers to blow smoke up your arse.

Enjoy
Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ezactly what Im doing and really enjoying grassroots footy. Not missing the SANFL at all, which saddens part of me.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2331 times
Been liked: 3555 times

by on the rails » Sun May 04, 2014 7:43 pm

Sadly Dutchy I don't miss it either and my wallet is alot healthier!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

by sjt » Sun May 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Dutchy wrote:
tipper wrote:Well here I am at lameroo. Top of the table clash (who would ever have thought I could say that abkut peake??) $5 to get in, including car park, $7 for a rum can, $3 for a glass of port!! And two teams fighting hard for a win under the same rules...plus the president of peake isnt a ****.

ill watch a great game, spend less cash and get more hammered than if I was at prospect. Bohdan, once the people you have driven away fill their weekends with other things, and the novelty of reserves sides wares off, all you have tok look forward to will be an empty stand and a few geriatric haply clappers to blow smoke up your arse.

Enjoy
Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ezactly what Im doing and really enjoying grassroots footy. Not missing the SANFL at all, which saddens part of me.

I had the day off, not going to attend a rollover clubs home game. Turned out a good game to miss.
sjt
League - Best 21

by kickinit » Sun May 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Tech1 wrote:Thought it was West Adelaide, this all got lost though when the decision was made, hence people asking who rejected it. The original offer was exactly the same as the crows deal, you said no and somehow ended up with this current deal with only one club rejecting it, got to hand it to the people running your club, you have got a very very good deal and it's still staggering that this was excepted and nothing was mentioned about the differences in the media, it was if they all thought it was the same deal before the season started.

The original offer handed to us was the same as the crows. We rejected and put forward what we wanted, which was rejected by the SANFL. We where then handed the deal we have currently. The deal was voted on by the SANFL clubs before it was even handed to Port.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

by sjt » Sun May 04, 2014 7:47 pm

kickinit wrote:
Tech1 wrote:Thought it was West Adelaide, this all got lost though when the decision was made, hence people asking who rejected it. The original offer was exactly the same as the crows deal, you said no and somehow ended up with this current deal with only one club rejecting it, got to hand it to the people running your club, you have got a very very good deal and it's still staggering that this was excepted and nothing was mentioned about the differences in the media, it was if they all thought it was the same deal before the season started.

The original offer handed to us was the same as the crows. We rejected and put forward what we wanted, which was rejected by the SANFL. We where then handed the deal we have currently. The deal was voted on by the SANFL clubs before it was even handed to Port.

I don't think that's true.
sjt
League - Best 21

by cennals05 » Sun May 04, 2014 7:49 pm

I posted something on Twitter to the 6 clubs that voted yes saying well done for handing Port Reserves the premiership. Had a reply from an Eagles supporter calling me a sooky lala and no one cares what I think. Then when I said he obviously did because he replied, he said that he studies negative people so that's why he's interested. I doubt that's even true, but I hope he recognises the irony in his first reply.

I am really finding it hard this year to go to the football. It is such an unfair competition. The clubs have made their decision and there is nothing I can do about it. I don't want to be angry and annoyed every time I go to the football or read the results. The only solution is to remove myself from the situation, which means no longer following the SANFL. I just don't know if I'm ready yet, but it's something I see happening in the near future.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

by kickinit » Sun May 04, 2014 7:51 pm

sjt wrote:
kickinit wrote:

what part?
kickinit
League - Top 5

by johntheclaret » Sun May 04, 2014 7:53 pm

kickinit wrote:
sjt wrote:
kickinit wrote:

what part?

The "we where then" part
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

by kickinit » Sun May 04, 2014 7:59 pm

johntheclaret wrote:The "we where then" part

I'm not going to quote the entire article, but you can start from the part quoted below.

What the SANFL have come back to us with is the following model:

This deal had already been voted on before Port had accepted it. If it was a deal Port had put together why would we vote on it?

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... ies-update
kickinit
League - Top 5

by Tech1 » Sun May 04, 2014 8:01 pm

cennals05 wrote:I posted something on Twitter to the 6 clubs that voted yes saying well done for handing Port Reserves the premiership. Had a reply from an Eagles supporter calling me a sooky lala and no one cares what I think. Then when I said he obviously did because he replied, he said that he studies negative people so that's why he's interested. I doubt that's even true, but I hope he recognises the irony in his first reply.

I am really finding it hard this year to go to the football. It is such an unfair competition. The clubs have made their decision and there is nothing I can do about it. I don't want to be angry and annoyed every time I go to the football or read the results. The only solution is to remove myself from the situation, which means no longer following the SANFL. I just don't know if I'm ready yet, but it's something I see happening in the near future.

Some say negative, some say realist. To me, i'll enjoy watching my club win lose or draw. Not happy with either the crows or power teams, especially practically handing a flag to the power reserves. At the end of the year i'm hoping there will be significant changes made and we can see a much more even competition but not holding my breathe, wait and see i guess.
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

by sjt » Sun May 04, 2014 8:30 pm

kickinit wrote:
sjt wrote:
kickinit wrote:

what part?

I believe the intricacies of the deal weren't voted on by the clubs. The actual conditions were determined by the sanfl commission. Club influence on terms was limited once they made the idiotic decision to vote in the professionals.
sjt
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL