The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby PhilH » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:38 pm

So then the Power rookie list a 29yo with 117 games of AFL experience (Tom Logan) who will in all likelyhood only play for the Magpies the entire season.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby carey » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:48 pm

PhilH wrote:So then the Power rookie list a 29yo with 117 games of AFL experience (Tom Logan) who will in all likelyhood only play for the Magpies the entire season.

You don't honestly think Port rookie listed Logan to keep playing SANFL? Come on Phil your smarter than that.

Have at look at the likes of Adam Schneider it pays to have experienced 'Rookies'
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby goddy11 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 am

sib wrote:The below are the rules

THE South Australian Football Commission has ratified changes to the Port Adelaide’s player regulation rules in the SANFL League competition for 2015.

Port Adelaide participated in a review of the player regulations, which allows it to contract players to play for the club in its SANFL League and Academy sides for a set payment fee, along with the SANFL and Adelaide Crows.

The primary change to the regulations currently impacting Port Adelaide will see an age limit applied to new recruits for the Magpies.

From 2015, all new Port Adelaide recruits must be under the age of 23.

Contracts for all of the club’s SANFL players will only be permitted for a term of up to one year, however contracted players will be eligible to have their deals renewed at the end of each season for another period of up to one year.

Contracted players will not be forced to leave the club after they turn 23, should the club elect to extend their contract for another season.

Players must also be recruited from within South Australia, however that rule will not be applied retrospectively.

That means players like Anthony Biemans will be permitted to play on with the club if it chooses to renew his contract.

On the whole, it means little will change for those SANFL players currently contracted to the club, but Port Adelaide will need to abide by the new rules for all future recruits.

Port Adelaide chief operating officer Stephen Dawes said the changes still allowed the club to proceed with its aims of having a genuine grassroots involvement in the League for the future.

“The SANFL has engaged us through the process and we provided valuable feedback into the player regulations model for our club next year,” Mr Dawes told portadelaidefc.com.au.

“We believe these changes will have little if any adverse effect on the football program we put in place at the end of 2013 and have run throughout this season.

“What it means is that Port Adelaide can continue to recruit and develop Under-23 players from SA in our League and Academy sides next year, which we believe is a wonderful thing.”

The SANFL’s player regulations for Port Adelaide are able to be review at the end of each minor round season as part of an agreement entered into by the club and League last year.

So what is the benefit of this to the SANFL or PAP?
Are PAP trying to get some advantage or recruiting foothold? All the SANFL clubs have recruiting zones, so where do the Academy players come from?
Are they taking other clubs SANFL player to top up the magpies.
Why do they need grass root footholds if the PAM are there only as a development side for PAP reserve players? The Adelaide Crows rely on picking up reject country players to make up their numbers.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 567 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby stan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:19 am

goddy11 wrote:
sib wrote:The below are the rules

THE South Australian Football Commission has ratified changes to the Port Adelaide’s player regulation rules in the SANFL League competition for 2015.

Port Adelaide participated in a review of the player regulations, which allows it to contract players to play for the club in its SANFL League and Academy sides for a set payment fee, along with the SANFL and Adelaide Crows.

The primary change to the regulations currently impacting Port Adelaide will see an age limit applied to new recruits for the Magpies.

From 2015, all new Port Adelaide recruits must be under the age of 23.

Contracts for all of the club’s SANFL players will only be permitted for a term of up to one year, however contracted players will be eligible to have their deals renewed at the end of each season for another period of up to one year.

Contracted players will not be forced to leave the club after they turn 23, should the club elect to extend their contract for another season.

Players must also be recruited from within South Australia, however that rule will not be applied retrospectively.

That means players like Anthony Biemans will be permitted to play on with the club if it chooses to renew his contract.

On the whole, it means little will change for those SANFL players currently contracted to the club, but Port Adelaide will need to abide by the new rules for all future recruits.

Port Adelaide chief operating officer Stephen Dawes said the changes still allowed the club to proceed with its aims of having a genuine grassroots involvement in the League for the future.

“The SANFL has engaged us through the process and we provided valuable feedback into the player regulations model for our club next year,” Mr Dawes told portadelaidefc.com.au.

“We believe these changes will have little if any adverse effect on the football program we put in place at the end of 2013 and have run throughout this season.

“What it means is that Port Adelaide can continue to recruit and develop Under-23 players from SA in our League and Academy sides next year, which we believe is a wonderful thing.”

The SANFL’s player regulations for Port Adelaide are able to be review at the end of each minor round season as part of an agreement entered into by the club and League last year.

So what is the benefit of this to the SANFL or PAP?
Are PAP trying to get some advantage or recruiting foothold? All the SANFL clubs have recruiting zones, so where do the Academy players come from?
Are they taking other clubs SANFL player to top up the magpies.
Why do they need grass root footholds if the PAM are there only as a development side for PAP reserve players? The Adelaide Crows rely on picking up reject country players to make up their numbers.

Reject country players? Seriously there are some good country players out there buddy. Don't tarnish them because you having a swipe at the AFL reserves sides.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Reddeer » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:47 pm

The Crows and Power only regard their SANFL teams as practice for the AFL sides. Therefore they should be treated as practice matches in the comp and games against them should not be for premiership points. This could be compensated by playing those games for a sizable reward for the winning teams individual players involved, if they do not have AFL contracts. The AFL listed players should have enough incentive to perform so they can make their AFL team. Then the only teams that play finals are the real SANFL teams after round 18.
Also it is beyond my understanding why the Power are allowed to have the extra B team.
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Rising Power » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:53 pm

Reddeer wrote:The Crows and Power only regard their SANFL teams as practice for the AFL sides. Therefore they should be treated as practice matches in the comp and games against them should not be for premiership points. This could be compensated by playing those games for a sizable reward for the winning teams individual players involved, if they do not have AFL contracts. The AFL listed players should have enough incentive to perform so they can make their AFL team. Then the only teams that play finals are the real SANFL teams after round 18.
Also it is beyond my understanding why the Power are allowed to have the extra B team.

This was an SANFL* demand to ensure that the reserves fixture matched the league (other than Crows games) and not result in 3 different clubs requiring change rooms on match day.

*This is a lie
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby goddy11 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Reddeer wrote:The Crows and Power only regard their SANFL teams as practice for the AFL sides. Therefore they should be treated as practice matches in the comp and games against them should not be for premiership points. This could be compensated by playing those games for a sizable reward for the winning teams individual players involved, if they do not have AFL contracts. The AFL listed players should have enough incentive to perform so they can make their AFL team. Then the only teams that play finals are the real SANFL teams after round 18.

My point exactly.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:42 pm

I think that question has most people baffled.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby goddy11 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:56 pm

I watched the crows player walk off to the visitors change rooms at half time with no issues other than being behind on the scoreboard. Are the Magpies the only team that complains about SANFL change rooms.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby heater31 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:06 pm

goddy11 wrote:I watched the crows player walk off to the visitors change rooms at half time with no issues other than being behind on the scoreboard. Are the Magpies the only team that complains about SANFL change rooms.

Think it was more the PAFC coaching staff having issues with the space provided....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:06 pm

heater31 wrote:
goddy11 wrote:I watched the crows player walk off to the visitors change rooms at half time with no issues other than being behind on the scoreboard. Are the Magpies the only team that complains about SANFL change rooms.

Think it was more the PAFC coaching staff having issues with the space provided....

yep. the PAFC coaches need room to leave directions up on the board
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11896 times
Been liked: 3618 times

Postby stan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:53 pm

There was some talk about the clubs starting the process of getting the AFL teams removed. I think it was all hear say but still any further news. I'll even be happy to hear the updates from Cibo at Norwood.
stan
Coach

Postby CENTURION » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:45 pm

stan wrote:There was some talk about the clubs starting the process of getting the AFL teams removed. I think it was all hear say but still any further news. I'll even be happy to hear the updates from Cibo at Norwood.

once again, why don't you be proactive & speak to your board and/or President.
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Fluffbag » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:14 pm

Rising Power wrote:

This was an SANFL* demand to ensure that the reserves fixture matched the league (other than Crows games) and not result in 3 different clubs requiring change rooms on match day.

With Sturt u/18 team playing last Saturday at Woodville there was 3 different clubs on that day

*This is a lie
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby stan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:47 pm

CENTURION wrote:
stan wrote:There was some talk about the clubs starting the process of getting the AFL teams removed. I think it was all hear say but still any further news. I'll even be happy to hear the updates from Cibo at Norwood.

Sure I'll speak to Joe for a straight and reliable conversation [emoji6]
stan
Coach

Postby CENTURION » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:29 pm

stan wrote:
CENTURION wrote:

Sure I'll speak to Joe for a straight and reliable conversation [emoji6]

Is he the only member* of your board?
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:56 am

My commute occasionally takes me past the south side of Adelaide Oval. There is a frieze painted across the windows at ground level, featuring an image of a player from each of the eight SANFL teams - in official 2014 premiership order from left to right - all wholly above the text "THIS IS SANFL" or similar.

This morning I noted that a ninth image has been added. It has clearly been added post facto, being at the leftmost extreme and not above any of the text.

Clearly one of the interlopers is a little bit precious about its true identity.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:13 am

Pseudo wrote:My commute occasionally takes me past the south side of Adelaide Oval. There is a frieze painted across the windows at ground level, featuring an image of a player from each of the eight SANFL teams - in official 2014 premiership order from left to right - all wholly above the text "THIS IS SANFL" or similar.

This morning I noted that a ninth image has been added. It has clearly been added post facto, being at the leftmost extreme and not above any of the text.

Clearly one of the interlopers is a little bit precious about its true identity.

Sorry, who was being a bit precious?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7512 times
Been liked: 10808 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:00 am

Just reiterating the SANFL's place nowadays is the lead in ABC news bulletin report on the competition this morning:

"In the SANFL, Brad Crouch is unlikely to play again this season..."

I dunno, the near bottom Bays beating the reigning premiers and premiership fancy might have been a good lead.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:00 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Just reiterating the SANFL's place nowadays is the lead in ABC news bulletin report on the competition this morning:

"In the SANFL, Brad Crouch is unlikely to play again this season..."

I dunno, the near bottom Bays beating the reigning premiers and premiership fancy might have been a good lead.

True, but people wouldn't have believed it and turned off.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7512 times
Been liked: 10808 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL