The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:32 pm

kickinit wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Okay so if a player isn't selected to play for a clubs League side then where does he play?

He will play in the SANFL reserves comp.

Only for 1 more year in your case
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby tigerpie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:21 am

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Now he is Nostradamus

He shall be called....Strokinit! ;)
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby beenreal » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:25 am

Jim05 wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Okay so if a player isn't selected to play for a clubs League side then where does he play?

The 2015 scenario sees the Port Adelaide Academy playing in the $ANFL Reserves. This maintains a commitment to junior football development that the other AFL mob refuses to embrace.

The Academy Report: January 23

By Jacob Surjan

I have found it really challenging but also exciting for the last few months since being appointed the club's Elite Football Academy coach for 2014.

It's a role which allows me to be involved in our AFL training and work with our development coaches Stuart Cochrane and Aaron Greaves to improve the craft and skills of our Power players and through that gain an understanding of the boys who might feature for the Magpies this year, our structures, our game plans - basically the way Port Adelaide plays footy.

More http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... -academy...
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:00 am

beenreal wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

The 2015 scenario sees the Port Adelaide Academy playing in the $ANFL Reserves. This maintains a commitment to junior football development that the other AFL mob refuses to embrace.

The Academy Report: January 23

By Jacob Surjan

I have found it really challenging but also exciting for the last few months since being appointed the club's Elite Football Academy coach for 2014.

It's a role which allows me to be involved in our AFL training and work with our development coaches Stuart Cochrane and Aaron Greaves to improve the craft and skills of our Power players and through that gain an understanding of the boys who might feature for the Magpies this year, our structures, our game plans - basically the way Port Adelaide plays footy.

More http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... -academy...

Ok fair enough, I was under the impression Port was only fielding 1 side in the SANFL from 2015 onwards
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:02 am

We all know the bullshit on the internet runs pretty deep.

Go find a topic anywhere in the world that has more people post on the topic, more posts on the topic and cover less ground than this ridiculous merry-go ******* - round than the thousands of posts on here on this subject.

They are / They aren't / They did / They didn't. **** me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7513 times
Been liked: 10808 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:12 am

I'd imagine there might have been similar discussions in the NFL when the new Cleveland Browns tried to steal the history of the old Cleveland Browns. Similar story except for the fact the original Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore unlike the original PAFC which got taken over and then killed off by their own Frankenstein monster.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2059 times
Been liked: 3912 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby o five » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:43 pm

Whats the salary cap for the clubs this year in the SANFL?
I have been told that there is two caps in place.One for the 8 SANFL clubs and one for the 2 AFL clubs.
If true, how is this going to work?
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:29 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:where centrals a AFL reserves side last year? The only reason our AFL side is named the power is because collingwood are in the AFL, if there was no collingwood in the AFL and Port's AFL side was known as the magpies and wearing the prison bar guernsey would would you still be crying? The sooner you muppet's realise that our SANFL side is the Port Magpies the sooner the crying will stop on this forum. I'm sure you have broken a record or something with how long you have cried over this topic.

Even if this were the case, the Port Adelaide in the SANFL League competition would still be a reserves side.[/quote]

You are wrong Pirate The Port Adelaide Football Club has TWO teams.

One team the Power will play with the big boys in the AFL the other Power Reserves team will play in in the SANFL.

They might be known as the Magpies locally however they still are the Power RESERVES a team where the majority of players are AFL players.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:39 pm

kickinit wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:You got no idea Mr Kickit I will say once again they are a AFL POWER RESERVES SIDE which part of AFL RESERVES do you not understand are you dyxlexic ???????????

well then if they are the port power reserves can you show me in a fixture were they are playing? As A port supporter I would like to see them play but I can only find Port Power in the AFL and the Port MAGPIES in the SANFL. The part of the AFL reserves I don't understand, is that the AFL only has 1 competition which isn't classed as a reserve competition. I am really struggling to find this second AFL competition or this second port power side. Seeing as we all know how smart you people from Elizabeth are, i'm sure you will be able to provide me with the information.

Well well well by your logic MR Kickit the AFL Crows which will also field a Crows Reserve team in the SANFL this year are really not a Crows reserve team ????

So answer my question to you is will the Crows and the Power have Reserves teams playing in the SANFL in 2014.

A very simple question to answer my astute friend.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:30 pm

How can they be reserves team? By being a reserves team that means every player on that team is a reserves player to the afl team which isn't true.

Now seeing as i've answered ur question are you going to provide that info on were this power reserves side is laying?
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:24 pm

Lets start again will make it simple for you to understand.

Anyone on this forum please correct me if I am wrong with the AFL squad numbers but the Power and the Crows have squads of 47 players respectively consisting of

42 Players
5 Rookies = 47 in squad right

Got it ok

AFL Power team consists of as does the Crows side

18 players
4 on the bench
1 emergency

Total say 23 makes the AFL team.

The remainder 24 players if injury free for each club will have to play somewhere right.

That somewhere is in the Power and Crows Reserves team in the SANFL competition.

So answer my question which I will really really make it so simple for you.

Will the Power and Crows have RESERVES teams playing in the SANFL LEAGUE competition in 2014 bearing mind that 6 SANFL clubs voted for this proposal last year also bearing in mind its been in the media and also on this forum where the pros and cons of having AFL RESERVES teams playing in the SANFL has been vigorously debated for many many months now.

Its very easy for you to answer my question with a simple YES or NO .

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:38 pm

If it looks like a turd and smells like a turd, it's a turd.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:44 pm

I outlined the AFL squad numbers and where the leftover players will play and you still cannot comprehend.

A simple YES or NO to my question is all I wanted its quite obvious you are just a simpleton or you must be abusing deleterious substances.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:45 pm

Sleeping Giant LOL not a turd just a knucklehead !!!

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Lets start again will make it simple for you to understand.

Anyone on this forum please correct me if I am wrong with the AFL squad numbers but the Power and the Crows have squads of 47 players respectively consisting of

42 Players
5 Rookies = 47 in squad right

Got it ok

AFL Power team consists of as does the Crows side

18 players
4 on the bench
1 emergency

Total say 23 makes the AFL team.

The remainder 24 players if injury free for each club will have to play somewhere right.

That somewhere is in the Power and Crows Reserves team in the SANFL competition.

So answer my question which I will really really make it so simple for you.

Will the Power and Crows have RESERVES teams playing in the SANFL LEAGUE competition in 2014 bearing mind that 6 SANFL clubs voted for this proposal last year also bearing in mind its been in the media and also on this forum where the pros and cons of having AFL RESERVES teams playing in the SANFL has been vigorously debated for many many months now.

Its very easy for you to answer my question with a simple YES or NO .

it just feels like hitting your head against a wall with you. What you couldn't do a simple search to find out how many players? there is 40 senior 5 rookies, teams will usually travel with at least 2 players. Will you ever see every one of the power players available, in a very very very rare situation. And to answer your question NO just so you got it NO.

Now as i've answered your's can you provide the info on were this extra power team is playing? It's pretty simple just add the link to the fixture of the competition they are playing in.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:49 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Sleeping Giant LOL not a turd just a knucklehead !!!

just a knuckle head, it's pretty funny how you can't provide a simple link to this mystery competition.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:53 pm

LOL so there will be no Power or Crow RESERVES playing in the SANFL this year.

Hey fellow posters there will be no Crows or Power Reserves teams playing in the SANFL in 2014 its just a figment of my imagination.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:55 pm

Hang on they might be playing in the Barossa League LOL

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:00 pm

OOPS hang on maybe I am confused its the VFL or the WAFL that they might be playing in.

Hang on have they got Reserves teams in their competitons.

Nah they have not.

Nah hang on they might have.

Shit I do not know do reserves team really exist ???????

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:17 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:LOL so there will be no Power or Crow RESERVES playing in the SANFL this year.

Hey fellow posters there will be no Crows or Power Reserves teams playing in the SANFL in 2014 its just a figment of my imagination.

I was only talking about the power reserves. The crows have a completely different setup to what Port have. But i'm not surprised if you didn't know that, seeing as you can't do any research to back up anything you say. Or when you do it's something completely different to what your trying argue.

Now if you want to keep saying there is a power reserve side can you please post the fixture to which comp they are playing in. If not then I think it's time to start crying about the dogs losing Holden's money
kickinit
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL