Re: SANFL Round 3

Postby Magellan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Dogs72 wrote:
Magellan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Central 13.19(97)
C(@$s 6.7(43)

Dogs by 54

Final scores

Well done Dogs. I bet there's some really disappointed Crows players driving home from the Ponderosa, wondering where it all went wrong and still shaking from a merciless post-game blast from the coach.

Yeah, and the supporter looked shattered.

Well, that's what happens when you can't find your 2017 season ticket lanyard to proudly show off your free ticket to a game you don't really care about and that 50,000 other lucky people also have.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Spargo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Glenelg only themselves to blame
You could tell 5 mins into last qtr that South were trying to save the match
The standard of umpiring was deplorable
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5521 times
Been liked: 5156 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:37 pm

Good work Dogs, great to see those crooks lose
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Gozu » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:51 pm

I only saw the second half but Centrals were very impressive if anything they looked like the AFL reserves side just wanted it more.

If Butcher works out how to kick straight they'll give it a shake.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby vics01 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:15 pm

SPARGO
The standard of umpiring was deplorable

Polite understatement.. Both games were affected by the standard..
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Hazydog » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Dogs72 wrote:
Hazydog wrote:
Dogs72 wrote:
matt35 wrote:Think Norwood will win comfortably over West: Port to have a reasonably comfortable win over North: Glenelg to keep the Carey-Darley cup right where it belongs: Adelaide to score only their second win at Elizabeth, and the Eagles to have a 4-5 goal win over Sturt.

Yes, Central are $3.18. Now that I couldn't resist that cd no chance.

Dogs haven't set the world on fire just yet with a good half a dozen 1st choicers out but given the Crows only have 11 listed players named ( I'll happily be corrected) and the complete back 6 and interchange made up of development players I've loaded up myself. Good record out there as well

Yay. The only time I've been happy with c$&@; being in the league (now they can pi$& off).

The $15 for 40+ was gratefully received! I'm not a massive punter but turning $20 into $130 seemed easy pickings once I saw the Crows side named. Possibly the weakest they have ever sent out.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Grenville » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:44 pm

Dogs were ok, their opposition was garbage. I was glad to see after the game Roy wasn't that happy, against a good team that still wouldn't have cut the mustard. Foot skills were ordinary again, tackling and chasing much better. Highlight of the game was Butcher taking a nice grab over his opponent about 30m out then playing on straight into a cu**s defender. Not much going on between the ears with that lad.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby saintal » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Always enjoyable beating the Bays...

After a poor opening 15 minutes South controlled the match to 3/4 time, opening up a 40 point lead. Thought our tall defenders were very good and had the better of the aerial battles. Stopped running in the last (2 days less preparation than the Bays a factor?) and the Bays got a sniff, and had the game gone another 10-20 seconds they may have pinched it. A missed opportunity for some % for South..

Overall booted 5, including 3 in the third term and is improving each week. Beautiful kick of the footy. Usual likes of Seccull, Liddle and Cross busy in the middle, and as mentioned thought our backs were excellent for 3 terms.

Umpires far too whistle happy (61 frees in total, without a heap paid for out of bounds). Some extremely soft calls and the usual array of bewildering HTB decisions.

An ordinary game at times (flooding..) but the right result.
Last edited by saintal on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby therisingblues » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:18 pm

Magellan wrote:
C(@$s 6.7(43)

Dogs by 54

Final scores

Well done Dogs. I bet there's some really disappointed Crows players driving home from the Ponderosa, wondering where it all went wrong and still shaking from a merciless post-game blast from the coach.

Probably more shocked that their coach actually stayed for the entire game if this is true.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Magellan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:42 am

therisingblues wrote:
Magellan wrote:
C(@$s 6.7(43)

Dogs by 54

Final scores

Probably more shocked that their coach actually stayed for the entire game if this is true.

Going by the result it sounded like he just phoned though the pre-game instructions from the Gold Coast. Probably reversed the charges whilst he was at it.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby am Bays » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:53 am

Well done Pa...., Well done Sou.....,

Well done that team from the other side of Cement Hill....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:38 am

Anyone give sturt much hope on Tuesday, $4.10 the win seems overs?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:46 am

daysofourlives wrote:Anyone give sturt much hope on Tuesday, $4.10 the win seems overs?

Yeah, I've had a nibble at that price. Sturt are still a very good side with a slight Premiership hangover. Think they can get up
Jim05
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:48 am

daysofourlives wrote:Anyone give sturt much hope on Tuesday, $4.10 the win seems overs?

Im interested in others opinion on this too. Home match, the Anzac fixture, expect the Blues to have a real good crack on Tues.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:48 am

Jim05 wrote:

Yeah, I've had a nibble at that price. Sturt are still a very good side with a slight Premiership hangover. Think they can get up

Yeah same, and had a bit at the 40 plus at 23's, ya never know
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:18 am

SABRE wrote:
Second Team wrote:Special mention to the Norwood hero scumbag in white who abused our fullback when he hobbled off with a serious knee injury. What a wanker. Norwood fans should be ashamed. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dunno who that bozo was 'ST' but he's not one of us mate. I've been a NFC supporter/member since 1967 and can't say I've ever seen this boofhead before. Unfortunately every club gets one of these turkeys turning up and they're an embarrassment for everyone.
Too much alcohol, too few brain cells.

Did you notice the Weslo Security bloke come and stand right beside the wanker? Ya' never know, it just might have been disgusted Norwood supporters that reported him. Anyhow, let's hope the injured Westies player makes a speedy recovery and that the unknown flog who abused him wins the next 'Darwin Award'.

Luv,
Sabre.

Well said. Every team has them.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 738 times
Been liked: 2104 times

Postby Magellan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:24 am

DOC wrote:
SABRE wrote:
Second Team wrote:Special mention to the Norwood hero scumbag in white who abused our fullback when he hobbled off with a serious knee injury. What a wanker. Norwood fans should be ashamed. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dunno who that bozo was 'ST' but he's not one of us mate. I've been a NFC supporter/member since 1967 and can't say I've ever seen this boofhead before. Unfortunately every club gets one of these turkeys turning up and they're an embarrassment for everyone.

Did you notice the Weslo Security bloke come and stand right beside the wanker? Ya' never know, it just might have been disgusted Norwood supporters that reported him. Anyhow, let's hope the injured Westies player makes a speedy recovery and that the unknown flog who abused him wins the next 'Darwin Award'.

Luv,
Sabre.

Obnoxious boofheads and wankers? Not every team. I know one that doesn't.
Magellan
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:24 am

DOC wrote:
SABRE wrote:

Luv,
Sabre.

Jim, youre quiet on this one, what were you wearing ;)
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Spargo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:27 am

On form alone, $4.10 is unders.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5521 times
Been liked: 5156 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:27 am

daysofourlives wrote:
DOC wrote:
SABRE wrote:

Luv,
Sabre.

Jim, youre quiet on this one, what were you wearing ;)

Norwood guernsey and scarf like most weeks. I save most of my abuse for the two AFL reserves sides
Jim05
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL