Rnd 4 - Norwood v Port @ Adelaide Oval (Fri N 24/4)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 4 - Norwood v Port @ Adelaide Oval (Fri N 24/4)

Postby philcas » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:50 pm

Can never understand how guys with poor kicking technique & skills get on an AFL list. They have very litle time improving kicking of players like butcher's there main focus is improving fitness &strength along with developing game style. Most players will improve skills &efficiency through the repetitive training if they heve good skills to start with
philcas
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:56 pm

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:
JK wrote:I think Juice would probably annoy most outside of his own club. Be nice to see him find some form that's for sure. I wasn't at the game, but doesn't sound as though he did anything Butcher didn't do (except maybe miss a goal from near the goalsquare, although Juice did manage that the week before lol)

I don't understand how Butcher is on anybodies list still....he looks surprised when he does something half decent.

He was very lucky to get a contract extension at the end of 2013, covering '14 and '15. At that time though we had Redden with a long term injury and Renouf about to be delisted, we really needed him as fall back for Westhoff in case Westhoff had to ruck. If Lobbe went down during 2014 we would have been stuffed. Trengove and Westhoff would have had to ruck and Butcher would have come back in purely for structure.

He won't be at Alberton in 2016.

He's a Monty to join the Bluebaggers. He can lineup for goal alongside Jones and Casboult. You could have Judd, Harvey, Black and Ablett in their prime in the midfield and still fail to kick ten goals.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:
JK wrote:I think Juice would probably annoy most outside of his own club. Be nice to see him find some form that's for sure. I wasn't at the game, but doesn't sound as though he did anything Butcher didn't do (except maybe miss a goal from near the goalsquare, although Juice did manage that the week before lol)

I don't understand how Butcher is on anybodies list still....he looks surprised when he does something half decent.

He was very lucky to get a contract extension at the end of 2013, covering '14 and '15. At that time though we had Redden with a long term injury and Renouf about to be delisted, we really needed him as fall back for Westhoff in case Westhoff had to ruck. If Lobbe went down during 2014 we would have been stuffed. Trengove and Westhoff would have had to ruck and Butcher would have come back in purely for structure.

So no chance of the Maggies bending the rules to keep him on their SANFL list?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby HH3 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:04 pm

I reckon they'd be more interested in bending to rules to get him off the list right now. We've got better forwards running around in our Div 4 reserves. No joke.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:06 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:

So no chance of the Maggies bending the rules to keep him on their SANFL list?

Who knows mate, we need to release Harold Holt first, maybe give Elvis a break from our administration team before we work on our next conspiracy though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7532 times
Been liked: 10839 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:20 pm

I think all clubs would allow bending of rules to allow him to stay at Port Magpies . You'd rather him playing against you than with you. :D
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:27 am

One thing I'll say about Butcher, we'd be a much better team if the likes of Harvey and Shaw put in the same effort that Butcher does.

The biff in the first quarter was great too, Norwood player goes down like he's been decked and people tried to take Butch on, who got a good punch in then ragdolled a couple of Norwood players who tried to take him on
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:42 am

RustyCage wrote:One thing I'll say about Butcher, we'd be a much better team if the likes of Harvey and Shaw put in the same effort that Butcher does.

The biff in the first quarter was great too, Norwood player goes down like he's been decked and people tried to take Butch on, who got a good punch in then ragdolled a couple of Norwood players who tried to take him on

Yeah I did like that part too. He ruined all his hard work. Missing that goal, and then the next quarter playing for frees. He got bodied out of the contest in the middle and threw his hands up like he should get the free.

In my experience, if you're struggling, put your head over it and take a hit. That'll get the adrenaline pumping.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:51 am

RustyCage wrote:One thing I'll say about Butcher, we'd be a much better team if the likes of Harvey and Shaw put in the same effort that Butcher does.

Correct.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Booney wrote:Who knows mate, we need to release Harold Holt first, maybe give Elvis a break from our administration team before we work on our next conspiracy though.

Come on mate, we all know Harold Holt plays for North.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:Who knows mate, we need to release Harold Holt first, maybe give Elvis a break from our administration team before we work on our next conspiracy though.

Naw, Holt is clearly a Tiger: he went missing halfway through a term.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1565 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby JK » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:53 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

Naw, Holt is clearly a Tiger: he went missing halfway through a term.

The Port(sea) tide did him in late in the year .. Yep sounds like a Tiger
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:34 pm

Luke Wilson says hi.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:36 pm

Booney wrote:
RustyCage wrote:One thing I'll say about Butcher, we'd be a much better team if the likes of Harvey and Shaw put in the same effort that Butcher does. Correct.

Incorrect.

They'd all have to play in a team that cared if they won or lost first.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Booney wrote:

Correct.

You guys see them more but going on the games ive seen them play against Norwood im not convinced either of them will make it to the next level.
Not every draft pick turns out a winner unfortunately
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby saintal » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Shaw always had a (dare I say) McKernan-like laconicness when at South.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 433 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:14 pm

topsywaldron wrote:

Luke Wilson says hi.

Excellent, tell him I said "Hi" back.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:15 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
Booney wrote:
RustyCage wrote:One thing I'll say about Butcher, we'd be a much better team if the likes of Harvey and Shaw put in the same effort that Butcher does. Correct.

Incorrect.

They'd all have to play in a team that cared if they won or lost first.

*runs in - slings shit - runs out*

Busy day again Mr?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:40 pm

About the level of response I'd expect.

By the rules of their license to play in the comp, Luke Wilson shouldn't be playing for Port this year, even in the scratch match outfit he's running around in . However he is.

And you even have the temerity to complain when people claim Port do whatever they want.

Have some more of that Kool Aid Booney, sure tastes nice doesn't it.

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:52 pm

topsywaldron wrote:About the level of response I'd expect.

By the rules of their license to play in the comp, Luke Wilson shouldn't be playing for Port this year, even in the scratch match outfit he's running around in . However he is.

And you even have the temerity to complain when people claim Port do whatever they want.

Have some more of that Kool Aid Booney, sure tastes nice doesn't it.

Your constant insinuation that the Port players don't care if they win makes you sound like an ignominious buffoon. I went to the game as a neutral and saw a good contest where guys crunched in and gave their all. I don't normally reply to your rubbish but seriously get a clue. I can respect that we have differing opinions but the notion of league footballers not trying is beyond stupid.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 852 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL