2006 SANFL Fixture

All discussions to do with the SANFL

2006 SANFL draw

Postby sturtpeter » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:30 am

I am going to be accused of being a bad loser again lol but based on that draw the SFC has NO chance of participating in Finals' action in 2006.

We play SA twice at Arctic Park in the first 13 Rounds and for the 2nd consecutive year NA does not have to venture to Unley.

Last season we were afforded the luxury of three matches against Glenelg and WA.

Our recent record against Centrals and the Eagles is disgraceful. We will need a miracle to finish in the 5.
Avid Sturt supporter and SANFL fanatic.
sturtpeter
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby ferret » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:56 pm

CD - It's no good having all your home games in the second half of the draw when there is a possibility of already being out of the reckoning for the finals.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 138 times

Postby ferret » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:03 pm

sturtpeter - you will never beat the Eagles while Sturt play that crap style of game. Eight wins in a row to the Eagles, the last by 77 points. You have a boneheaded coach who refuses to change the game style, so they deserve everything they get.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 138 times

Postby spell_check » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:07 pm

The Eagles away record is as good as the home record, especially at Noarlunga and Unley - recently.
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 183 times

2006 Sanfl draw

Postby sturtpeter » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:23 pm

I agree 100% with you ferret.

The game we played against your mob at Unley was worse than the Centrals' thrashing because at least we had half our team out that day.

I disagree with your opinions about Sticks. He is an innovative coach but the lads lack confidence when playing teams that physically intimidate.

we need a greater belief in our abilities and maybe with Brodie and Bruce Lennon at the helm we can improve, but making the 5 seems almost impossible I'm afraid.
sturtpeter
League - Best 21

Re: 2006 SANFL draw

Postby MST » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:27 pm

sturtpeter wrote:I am going to be accused of being a bad loser again lol but based on that draw the SFC has NO chance of participating in Finals' action in 2006.

We play SA twice at Arctic Park in the first 13 Rounds and for the 2nd consecutive year NA does not have to venture to Unley.

Last season we were afforded the luxury of three matches against Glenelg and WA.

Our recent record against Centrals and the Eagles is disgraceful. We will need a miracle to finish in the 5.

That is a disgraceful, defeatist attitude. To be perfectly honest, I have spent the last ten minutes registering so I could respond to such bollocks.
So we have to play the mighty South Adelaide twice at Noarlunga, heaven forbid...! I think our average winning margin down there is 10 goals +. As for North not coming to Unley, we have a better record at Adelaide where we WILL play them. Are we doomed to never taste victory against the Eagles or Central again? I welcome a round one appointment with the reigning Premiers. We will be fit and raring to go.

Sorry SP, but you need to have a good look at yourself mate.

Seeing as we are going to be spending a bit of time down South this season, I suggest you become a Panther Member because the attitude you are showing certainly doesn't have a place at my proud Club.
MST
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby JK » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:37 pm

Thats the attitude needed MST, all supporters should have the same belief and relish the opportunity to make new ground!!
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MST » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:45 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:Thats the attitude needed MST, all supporters should have the same belief and relish the opportunity to make new ground!!

Cheers Constance. I am pretty steamed up about it. Such a poor post from SP. I have often seen 'Smithy' berate him on footysa for posting rubbish and on this occasion I can see what he meant.

We play your mob at Adelaide Oval too this year so I look forward to beating the 'Legs again in 2006!! :D
MST
Under 18s

Postby JK » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:14 pm

I can understand SP's position if it's as he legitimately feels, and I've been as pessimistic toward my own club as anyone at times over the years, but I think it's important to have the same mindset as a supporter as you would hope the players have leading into various clashes ... Whilst I know it's proven incredibly tough in recent years for the Legs to get the points at either Elizabeth or Woodville, I welcome the clashes in order to guage any imporvement and possibly kick a monkey off the back ... Kinda like we did at Unley this year :wink:

Time will tell I guess how the Adelaide Oval clash unfolds this coming season, I'm pretty confident we can manage more than 2.5 this time around!! :?
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby giffo » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:43 pm

Very excited about the draw, especially the night games. North and Centrals at Adelaide @ night, much better than standing in a foot of piss in the dunnies behind the Groggies. :D SP, Central played twice at Nourlunga last year before round 13, one game in 38 degrees, the other 12 and rain. :(
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

2006 SANFL draw

Postby sturtpeter » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:04 pm

MST,

If my two posts don't fire up my beloved Blues nothing will.

We need to develop a winning culture against the top sides and can not rely on playing the lower echelon to make up the numbers in the Finals.

see you at the AGM next Monday week.
sturtpeter
League - Best 21

Postby MST » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:25 pm

sturtpeter wrote:MST,

If my two posts don't fire up my beloved Blues nothing will.

We need to develop a winning culture against the top sides and can not rely on playing the lower echelon to make up the numbers in the Finals.

see you at the AGM next Monday week.

You are right SP. If I bump into any of the boys over the next few days I'll be sure to get them to read your comments as I am sure they too believe 2006 will be a monumental waste of time and the sound advice is just what they need to change their perception.
MST
Under 18s

Postby RoostersRuleTheWorld ! » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:33 pm

:) Great to see more games at Adel Oval, and alot more Night Games too !
RoostersRuleTheWorld !
Under 16s

Postby Brucetiki » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:38 pm

The 2006 draw is pretty good in IMO. The 4 night games at NAP will be great. Only thing is I would have preferred the SF's to remain at AAMI, but that's my only complaint.
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 198 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby spell_check » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:48 pm

Upon closer inspection of the SANFLs' publication of the draw, I have noticed there is a stand alone game on a Saturday at Alberton between Port and Eagles. That's fine, but there is also a Saturday afternoon AFL match, which will probably cause some traffic problems for people who wish to get to Alberton. Perhaps one of the other games put down for Sunday of that round could make a swap for that game?
spell_check
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:13 pm

sturtpeter wrote:I am going to be accused of being a bad loser again lol but based on that draw the SFC has NO chance of participating in Finals' action in 2006.

This has got to be a record, even for Strut supporters. Excuses already and it's only December for Ablett's sake. Why so worried about Artic park? You'll win both matches and you can rug up and smuggle in a hip flask of whatever warms the cockles of your liver. And if you can't beat the top sides you're making up the numbers anyhow..leave that to us Redlegs who would gladly like to rejoin the finals action :wink:

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Ian » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:30 pm

sturtpeter wrote: and for the 2nd consecutive year NA does not have to venture to Unley.

And I've nearly forgotten how bad it smells :wink:

By the way, 2004, North also had to venture to Polar Park twice, got away with a 1-1 record, get over it, everyone has to go there sooner or later, and at least the crowd feels like a home crowd for the away team at Noarlunga.
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby spell_check » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:06 pm

Eagles haven't lost at Noarlunga since 1997.
spell_check
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:03 pm

Just on North not playing at Unley again, it was a choice by the Sturt FC, here's the full details of North's draw from http://www.nafc.com.au:

Glenn Elliott
02/12/2005

In releasing the 2006 Program, the SANFL was very mindful of the need be innovative in an attempt to address the issue of falling crowds at local football. To that end Clubs were asked make some concessions to allow the League to promote selected several blockbuster matches.
It is in fact a compliment to our Club that we will be involved in some of these matches. The key elements of our Club's Draw are as follows :

Match Schedule -

* 15 Saturdays
* 4 Fridays
* 1 Sunday [Glenelg's choice]

Game Locations -

* Prospect Oval - 7 matches
* Adelaide Oval - 4 matches - 2 Sturt games, both Clubs transferred their Home Games and shall share the Gate Proceeds.
* 1 Centrals game, transferred from Prospect [Sat] to Adelaide [Friday night] to avoid clashing with the Showdown [Sat 7pm]
* 1 Port Adelaide, neutral match programmed by the SANFL.

The decision to transfer two of our Home Matches was made in the best interests of the competition in the terms of maximising crowd attendances.

Sturt / North games have the potential to draw great crowds at Adelaide Oval which can generate significant returns for both Clubs. In the case of the Centrals match, the choice was to be the SANFL's "Match of the Round " or to compete with the Showdown.
We believe that this match has the potential to draw a significant crowd on the Friday night at the Oval as opposed to the Saturday afternoon.

It is important to note that Andrew Jarman is very pleased with our Draw and especially keen for the players to participate in important matches at Adelaide Oval which shall host all bar the SANFL Grand Final in 2006.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3923 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL