R21 - WWT Eagles v Glenelg @ Woody

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R21 - WWT Eagles v Glenelg @ Woody

Postby Mickyj » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:41 am

Itchy Tiger wrote:If that bump in the footage was the reason why he was reported then it shouldn't matter how many times he has been cited previously. The bump shown simply was not reportable. Mcgregor's high hit on Woodall was far worse and wasn't even looked at. Eagles fans on here are calling Woodall a thug based on seeing him play 2 games against them this season. In both games Boyd was actually reported for striking Woodall, found guilty and given fines. As I said previously, striking seems to equal being let off in the SANFL these days.

I'll be honest as I have been all along this was the only game I missed due to a busted ear drum .
I've read in Facebook SANFL page Glenelg fans going off.
What you say means nothing what eagles fans say means nothing
End of the day your player was reported for the fourth time in 2016 end result he was found guilty got games.
Your club promised to improve in 2016 have they ?
Any more complaints you should write a letter to the SANFL cause that will do the same as posting online
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Itchy Tiger » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:22 am

They have had 2 more wins, so that is improvement. Not sure what this has to do with the discussion though!
Itchy Tiger
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brown's Well

Postby Harry the Horse » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:46 am

Didn't go to the game .. haven't been since the occupation.
No vested interest .. couldn't care less.
But you simply can't suspend a bloke for that bump, regardless of how much of a thug he is or how many times he's been reported this season.
It just isn't a reportable offence.
Boyd looks up, sees contact coming, braces to reciprocate and comes off second best.
Not Woodall's fault if Boyd's got chalk shoulders.
At the end of the day, it's still football, not netball and Woodall is entitled to bump Boyd, as long as it's not high, to keep him away from approaching the stoppage.
Utterly embarrassing by the SANFL to book him, suspend him and then defend the 4-game ban at appeal - topped only by their inability to book umpires for the South-West reserves game.
No wonder it's all gone to the sh1tter.
You only have to look online at the enormous drop in traffic on this forum and others that proves people are turning away in droves.
What a Mickey Mouse League it has become. Very, very sad.
Harry the Horse
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:11 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Certianly not worth 4 weeks.. But surely Bays supporters weren't proud of the way their side went about it on Sunday.. Rough house tactics are one thing but I reckon they went too far. Reasoning behind it who knows.. But disappointing given they had shown some good signs at times this year and I am not sure that approach to games is the way forward as a club..

It was almost as disappointing as reading a Magellan post that has no pun involved..

I'll get onto it soon. My ego has been Boyd by the compliment. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 756 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:13 pm

Spargo wrote:Glenelg, is appalling the decision?

Edited for accuracy and Yoda.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 756 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby Mickyj » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Itchy Tiger wrote:They have had 2 more wins, so that is improvement. Not sure what this has to do with the discussion though!

Honestly to a football goer excluding last week . Football teams get better by improving skills changing tactics
Not by trying to play like a team from the 70s or 80s
So two more wins in the year are an improvement being thugs has got you into the 2016 finals . No it hasn't reckon rather than keep going on about this report of a player four times in a year why not get your team to improve skills and tactics
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:25 pm

I'd love an official (SANFL) explanation as to why that bump is reportable in any way.

Regardless of previous records, manner on the day, it simply isn't reportable.

Yet as mentioned, apparently striking is fine.

If we are purely rubbing blokes out on results of collisions I am out of here. Absolute Mickey Mouse.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 510 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby MatteeG » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:29 pm

Mickyj wrote:Football teams get better by improving skills changing tactics

Exactly. Boyd has destroyed us in many games, so this year we actually put a man on him for niggles and we are 'thugs' :roll:

Good luck in the finals, I'm sure all the other top sides will play gentle and let you play as you wish.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 510 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Itchy Tiger » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:02 pm

So you weren't there and you are calling Glenelg thugs?! You asked if Glenelg had improved, and I gave you an answer, then you shoot it down . As last year's final showed, your mob will have to play a lot tougher to be successful this year. Maybe the Bays have done them a favour?
Itchy Tiger
Mini-League

Postby Mickyj » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:14 pm

Itchy Tiger wrote:So you weren't there and you are calling Glenelg thugs?! You asked if Glenelg had improved, and I gave you an answer, then you shoot it down . As last year's final showed, your mob will have to play a lot tougher to be successful this year. Maybe the Bays have done them a favour?

Sorry I missed one game with a busted ear drum I was there for the GF except late October at a work function I almost died to a brain injury . Which is now a legal industrial battle I can't really talk about it . Except after 31 days in hospital and hampstead I had to look up that the Eagles lost 2015 my life is gone nothing left up top .
So I should never have been to any game in 2016 I should have on a cloud or in hell who knows .
I've seen the Eagles improve this year I've seen the losses South at their home ground hurt the Eagles
The AFL seconds sides beaten each of them once
Hell I was at Elizabeth oval with the flu and having head spins and nearly falling down but I was there
I get a burst ear drum that brought the eye spins I haven't had in a month I couldn't go .
At this stage I'll be at the parade .
You really think getting reported four times in 2016 is the way to improve
Hell I follow a team that's missed the finals twice in 10 years
I'd rather go to the finals including the grand final and loose than come online and say how much the teams improved yet can't win games to make the finals . Go ahead keep playing the tactics you are the SANFL need a team to miss the finals cause you keep getting reported
Go ahead complain about four missed weeks it's your last week in 2016
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:17 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Itchy Tiger wrote:They have had 2 more wins, so that is improvement. Not sure what this has to do with the discussion though!

Honestly to a football goer excluding last week . Football teams get better by improving skills changing tactics
Not by trying to play like a team from the 70s or 80s
So two more wins in the year are an improvement being thugs has got you into the 2016 finals . No it hasn't reckon rather than keep going on about this report of a player four times in a year why not get your team to improve skills and tactics

maybe you need to tell this to Boyd who was done for striking in the same game? a deliberate strike is surely more thuggish than a bump? and from my reading of the mrp decision, werent teh three other reports last season? or has the sanfl borked its description (wouldnt surprise me)

meanwhile, surely the sanfl are taking the piss? if that bump in the video is what he was reported for, how in hell did boyd get a fine for a deliberate strike in the same game? rough conduct is worse than a deliberate strike? bullshit. ive seen better hits in a country netball game that were let go by the ump. seriously, dont mess with those girls.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Relax Micky, it's alright mate.. No one is questioning your dedication.

Calling a side thugs while not having seen the game I cant defend unfortunately you're on your own in that instance

Did Glenelg go over the top with rough house tactics on Sunday? IMO yes. Was Woodall's suspension too severe? Yes. Have Glenelg shown signs of improvement from last season? Yes they have. Are they a finals capable side? No, not for another year or 2 on this current line of improvement. Was Boyd's report in retaliation to a number of incidents - yes it was. Does that make it right? No it doesnt
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby ferret » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:33 pm

WOODALL = THUG = 4 MATCHES
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 138 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Mickyj wrote:You really think getting reported four times in 2016 is the way to improve

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Woodall has only been reported once this year. IIRC the other three occasions were in last year's reserves comp. From three reports to one is clearly an improvement, and certainly better than the two offences notched up by Boyd this year. Given the similarity of the offences committed by the two players, and the fact that both of them have form, the only possible reason for the disparity between the penalties (4 games versus a slap on the wrist) is that one player's collarbone is made of glass.

From what I saw on Saturday there was a fair bit of niggle behind the play, and the Eagles gave as good as they got. Fair to say that the Eagles came to the game expecting a training run but instead encountered a team prepared to give a hard physical contest. If the squawking of a few Eagles fans on this thread is any indication then I conclude that the LPRs haven't seen another hard physical game all year. Once the Eagles decided to play the game properly then their class shone through against the lesser team, but clearly they are underdone and should be concerned heading into the finals.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1604 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Itchy Tiger » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Have a good read of what Human Torpedo typed. Makes a lot of sense. If you struggle with a bit of debate, then perhaps don't reply.
Itchy Tiger
Mini-League

Postby Mickyj » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:46 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Relax Micky, it's alright mate.. No one is questioning your dedication.

Calling a side thugs while not having seen the game I cant defend unfortunately you're on your own in that instance

Did Glenelg go over the top with rough house tactics on Sunday? IMO yes. Was Woodall's suspension too severe? Yes. Have Glenelg shown signs of improvement from last season? Yes they have. Are they a finals capable side? No, not for another year or 2 on this current line of improvement. Was Boyd's report in retaliation to a number of incidents - yes it was. Does that make it right? No it doesnt

I did say I didn't see the game the only one I missed
Just think it's never ending Glenelg fans going on about a report and if they actually were really bothered surely they'd write a letter to the SANFL
Mind you that and coming on here is the same result nothing
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Mickyj » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:48 pm

Itchy Tiger wrote:Have a good read of what Human Torpedo typed. Makes a lot of sense. If you struggle with a bit of debate, then perhaps don't reply.

Typical have a good cry see you next year you won't be following a league side in the finals
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:14 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Itchy Tiger wrote:Have a good read of what Human Torpedo typed. Makes a lot of sense. If you struggle with a bit of debate, then perhaps don't reply.

Typical have a good cry see you next year you won't be following a league side in the finals

Regardless of your head injury, you talk a lot of shit. Instead of having a go at everyone, maybe read what is being posted - then think about it.
You've posted more than anyone in this thread and weren't even at the game (yes, yes, we know why). That should tell you something.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5712 times
Been liked: 5277 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Mickyj » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:28 pm

Spargo wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Regardless of your head injury, you talk a lot of shit. Instead of having a go at everyone, maybe read what is being posted - then think about it.
You've posted more than anyone in this thread and weren't even at the game (yes, yes, we know why). That should tell you something.

Fair enough Spargo
I'll let you guys keep going on .
Honestly they both were reported one gets four weeks one gets a fine but with a broken collarbone will be unfit for 4 weeks
Can you point out the difference both will miss four weeks at least
Why keep complaining about the suspension they both will miss at least 4 weeks
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:32 pm

I think you are missing the point Mickyj. The tribunal inconsistency is the gripe here mate.. Sadly I think you don't get that. You're making it too personal when it isn't the case..

Lets just move onto the Parade this week and stitch up top spot that will leave us 1 win from a grand final
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL