Round 3 live scores

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 3 live scores

Postby PhilH » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:08 pm

Personally I would not mind an October GF .. (if we can get Adelaide Oval).

also would love some SANFL games starting the week before the AFL Thursday Night start

Both are AFL free weekends and thus give the chance for some promotion, media coverage and in turn better crowds.

But it stretches the season even further ...
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby VALE PARK » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:25 pm

The poor littles princesses how would they cope with a couple of extra games.
Might break their nails and get weary.
I though it was a game of strength endurance and skill etc etc.
Perhaps they do need a day off every few weeks to recover from some rough play the poor darlings!
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby therisingblues » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:47 pm

heater31 wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
heater31 wrote:
VALE PARK wrote:Any reason Glenelg and Norwood didn't play?
Both clubs probably played internal trials.
What a waste.
Makes no sense to me.

If they did play an so did all other teams during their bye then get ready for the Grand Final to be held in August before the AFL even starts finals......

It shouldn't be based on 18 rounds. Simple.
The ridiculous programming is to cater for the reserves. The whole bloody comp revolves around them now.
Those that give a shit the least shall inherit the comp.

But you can't have some teams playing each other 3 times.....imagine the uproar if Centrals draw a full strength Cows outfit 3 times......

I think that is a lesser hindrance than the medley of byes we have at the moment.
How old are you Heater? Can't you remember the system before Torrens and Woodville merged? We had 21 round seasons back then, and you played teams that finished around the same place on the ladder as you did the previous year. So Port, Norwood, North and Glenelg would play each other 3 times a year more often than not. Before then it was based on crowd figures, but they had to stop this system, because although Sturt were still pulling top 4 crowds, we were finishing bottom of the ladder, so there was the situation of the bottom placed club playing the Premier, Grand finalist and Prelim loser three times a year because their fans were too loyal. Anyway, that is a good example of how the system was tweaked to ensure fairness. Honestly, I would rather 21 rounds, and have to play Adelaide 3 times because we are too good rather than the competition be ridiculed by the present programming structure.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby therisingblues » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:51 pm

PhilH wrote:Personally I would not mind an October GF .. (if we can get Adelaide Oval).

also would love some SANFL games starting the week before the AFL Thursday Night start

Both are AFL free weekends and thus give the chance for some promotion, media coverage and in turn better crowds.

But it stretches the season even further ...

Yeah, the SANFL grand final the WEEK AFTER the AFL. Our time in the sun.
Instead the AFL has ensured they get the final game, and our Grannie has to compete with the media frenzy circling the National competition.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MatteeG » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:22 am

What would make the most sense is to play all other sides once. Then a Bye mid year. The play all sides again. Then finals.

The finals could then be promoted during the horrendous last few minor rounds of the AFL when half the sides have shut up shop and play severely compromised sides. I couldnt care less if the GF was played last weekend in August.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:10 pm

saintal wrote:
Booney wrote:2300 odd at Alberton and about the same at Unley.

1300 odd at Carlunga.

Poor crowds across the weekend apart from the much spoken about game at Woodville.

Noarlunga turn out was disappointing given South are playing some good footy, weather was ideal and the reigning premiers were the opposition. Very few opposition fans made the trip on Saturday, but Noarlunga crowds the past couple of years in particular are a concern.

I think there was a junior carnival at Woodville on Sunday, is that right Phil H?

Also, must be said that Phil and his team at the Eagles do a lot of excellent work with kids in the zone and promotion of their home games.

As for the crowds at Noarlunga, they'll never improve IMO.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7543 times
Been liked: 10874 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL