Elizabeth & Unley to Host NAB Cup Games

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Elizabeth & Unley to Host NAB Cup Games

Postby Wedgie » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:52 am

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
PhilH wrote:There are also some facility upgrades to things like the interchange benches, coaches boxes and desks for media. From a pure radio broadcast viewpoint City Mazda was a major improvement after their NAB cup game, will be interesting to see what media facilities are like at Unley next year .. can someone please get a game at Prospect?

No thanks, we'd prefer a brewery convention.

Would you guys be able to organise a piss up in a brewery convention?

Maintaining the theme of football coming second at Prospect. ;)

2nd?
We wish!
Try about 36th!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3918 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:49 am

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
PhilH wrote:There are also some facility upgrades to things like the interchange benches, coaches boxes and desks for media. From a pure radio broadcast viewpoint City Mazda was a major improvement after their NAB cup game, will be interesting to see what media facilities are like at Unley next year .. can someone please get a game at Prospect?

No thanks, we'd prefer a brewery convention.

Would you guys be able to organise a piss up in a brewery convention?

Maintaining the theme of football coming second at Prospect. ;)

Unlike the men ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:15 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:There's just way too much disrespecting Unley on this thread.
Yes, it is a work of art. The clean air and view of the hills might be unappreciated by folk with shittier home grounds. Not understanding the infinite wisdom of having the crowd and all facilities on the one side of the ground for convenience and atmosphere is perhaps stubborn jealousy. The grandstands with their wonderful blending of old and new encapsulates different eras of the SANFL and are obviously educational as well as aesthetically pleasing. Then there's the welcoming Sturt folk themselves. They'll never tell you to **** off, much. A more socially adjusted gathering on the terraces you will not find in the southern hemisphere.
So considering all that, why not have the candy stripes and the Eagles play a game on such hallowed turf?

Such hallowed turf you decided not to play there for some years, did you not?

"Socially adjusted...they'll never tell you to **** off"....Seems you're speaking in an uneducated sense, have you been to Unley? :lol:

The quote reads, "They'll never tell you to **** off, MUCH" I was actually thinking of making that line into part of a little ditty I am thinking of composing, entitled "An Ode to Unley"
"We're socially adjusted, we're in good touch,
We'll never tell you to **** off much.
The terraces roar, the mighty Unley crew,
When we play footy we first remove the poo."

Oh, yes. There was a time the oval was considered to sacred to play on, I'm glad you picked up on that. :lol:
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:24 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:There's just way too much disrespecting Unley on this thread.
Yes, it is a work of art. The clean air and view of the hills might be unappreciated by folk with shittier home grounds. Not understanding the infinite wisdom of having the crowd and all facilities on the one side of the ground for convenience and atmosphere is perhaps stubborn jealousy. The grandstands with their wonderful blending of old and new encapsulates different eras of the SANFL and are obviously educational as well as aesthetically pleasing. Then there's the welcoming Sturt folk themselves. They'll never tell you to **** off, much. A more socially adjusted gathering on the terraces you will not find in the southern hemisphere.
So considering all that, why not have the candy stripes and the Eagles play a game on such hallowed turf?

Such hallowed turf you decided not to play there for some years, did you not?

"Socially adjusted...they'll never tell you to **** off"....Seems you're speaking in an uneducated sense, have you been to Unley? :lol:

The quote reads, "They'll never tell you to **** off, MUCH" I was actually thinking of making that line into part of a little ditty I am thinking of composing, entitled "An Ode to Unley"
"We're socially adjusted, we're in good touch,
We'll never tell you to **** off much.
The terraces roar, the mighty Unley crew,
When we play footy we first remove the poo."

Oh, yes. There was a time the oval was considered to sacred to play on, I'm glad you picked up on that. :lol:

I'll have you know during that SANFL hiatus I actually graced the turf of Unley. Some poncy ex-college mob played on it, we, from Lockleys, were quite unwelcome in our fleet of anything but Range rovers. :lol:

In fact, that game sticks out in my memory of my playing days quite vividly. I'm pretty much 6' on the dot, we had a smallish side, I was one of the tallest 3 or 4. I trot out to CHB, playing "above" my size ( more of a flank / pocket really ) and a chap, perhaps 25kg heavier and about 6-8 inches taller than me grabs me by the throat, throws me flat on my back, stands over me and says "Don't ******* touch me, or the ******* ball".

His flanker makes his way over, as I rise from the dog shi....I mean, turf and notes "Sorry mate, he's not kidding, he's a Star Force officer who loses his shit this side of the line". Well, at least I didn't have to wait long for the first siren.....only one lifetime. :shock: :lol:

( P.S - He played quite well, that day. At least from my vantage point he looked to get a bit of it :D )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10816 times

Postby RoosterMan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:38 am

Bounce of the ball wrote:Oh well dont go bud.

Plastic atmosphere ? What does that mean ? Forcing people to stand in the same place ?

It will be a great advertisement for SANFL footy I think. Hope Glenelg get one too , brilliant . North will get one too , hopefully they straighten the ground up so the goals line up. Good for local clubs.

If there's an AFL game at Prospect, I am there. That would be brilliant.
RoosterMan
Rookie

Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury West

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL