The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:33 pm

UK Fan wrote:DOnt forget to get the SANFL annual licence fee properly valued by independent interstate valuers.

WAFL getting $400K, VFL clubs can earn over $1 mill for 3-4 year affiliations with AFL Clubs.

We get $50K.

YOu want to hurt these pricks.

Go for their hip pockets.

They say they we cant afford it well.... bugger ye orf cos thats the value.

Not hard.

thats 50k per club, right?

so the crows would be paying 350k a year?

does port also pay a fee?

surely the WA clubs arent getting 400k each?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Spargo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Port pay a fee? =)) =)) =)) =))
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5548 times
Been liked: 5175 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Spargo wrote:Port pay a fee? =)) =)) =)) =))

I was asking the question, as i genuinely didnt know.

dickhead
bennymacca
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:04 pm

bennymacca wrote:
UK Fan wrote:DOnt forget to get the SANFL annual licence fee properly valued by independent interstate valuers.

WAFL getting $400K, VFL clubs can earn over $1 mill for 3-4 year affiliations with AFL Clubs.

We get $50K.

YOu want to hurt these pricks.

Go for their hip pockets.

They say they we cant afford it well.... bugger ye orf cos thats the value.

Not hard.

thats 50k per club, right?

so the crows would be paying 350k a year?

does port also pay a fee?

surely the WA clubs arent getting 400k each?

The West Australian reported that a new deal had been proposed and accepted by the G7 clubs.
Under the deal an extra $120,000 will be paid to the clubs and the East Perth and Peel clubs will have no out of zone players.
Clubs will now receive $150,000 in cash and a further $120,000 in management grants.

WAFL clubs get $270K each.

SANFL get $50K a year plus $10K for marketing. Crows pay $400K ($50K times 8) of the above.

Port pays nothing cos they killed off Port Magpies and took there spot via the merger many season ago.

I wonder why the SANFL didnt seek an independent valuation based on vfl/wafl models to seek the correct compensation for SANFL clubs whilst signing off on the agreement stating they had done due diligence.

I just cant figure it out. :roll: :roll:
Last edited by UK Fan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:05 pm

bennymacca wrote:

I was asking the question, as i genuinely didnt know.

dickhead

I was actually laughing at the thought of port contributing a dividend to the SANFL, not at you Benny.
Lowering yourself to name calling now? :-Q
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5548 times
Been liked: 5175 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Spargo wrote:I was actually laughing at the thought of port contributing a dividend to the SANFL, not at you Benny.
Lowering yourself to name calling now?

sorry, the context wasnt clear :D

UK Fan wrote:The West Australian reported that a new deal had been proposed and accepted by the G7 clubs.
Under the deal an extra $120,000 will be paid to the clubs and the East Perth and Peel clubs will have no out of zone players.
Clubs will now receive $150,000 in cash and a further $120,000 in management grants.

WAFL clubs get $270K each.

SANFL get $50K a year plus $10K for marketing. Crows pay $400K ($50K times of the above.

Port pays nothing cos they killed off Port Magpies and took there spot via the merger many season ago.

I wonder why the SANFL didnt seek an independent valuation based on vfl/wafl models to seek the correct compensation for SANFL clubs whilst signing off on the agreement stating they had done due diligence.

I just cant figure it out.

Thanks for that

certainly seems to me that at the very, very least port adelaide should be paying the same amount as the crows.

one thing i dont really get - the talk about a national reserves comp is that to run those teams would cost on the order of 300k a season or so - if the clubs are already paying this, why not just funnel that into that comp instead?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby cennals05 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:28 pm

There was a story on Channel 9 News on the 16/9/2015 regarding the AFL Reserves in the SANFL. It stated that the SANFL Commission will be deciding after the Grand Final whether there would be restrictions placed on how many players the Reserves could field in each game (they mentioned a maximum of 14) and also whether Port would retain their home games.

As member number <insert member number here> of <insert club here>, I would prefer if they were removed from the League entirely, however I believe these restrictions are a step in the right direction. Many SANFL supporters feel they were not listened to by their club with the initial vote. This has caused many to not renew their memberships and stop attending games. It is now time for the Clubs to show some loyalty back to their members and supporters. This is why I am asking that all Clubs let the Commission know that I support these changes being made.

I would also like the Clubs and the Commission to consider making the Port Adelaide Football Club pay the same fee as the Adelaide Football Club currently do. They have decided to become the Power Reserves, this no longer entitles them to consider themselves as a ‘Foundation’ club.

Crowds are down 13% this year and for all but one club (WWTFC) the Reserves sides have impacted negatively on crowd averages as shown in the table below. This shows that the Reserves sides are not attracting new supporters to the competition as promised. This is why it is imperative that the Clubs act now to try and recover those lost members and supporters that walked away from the competition when the Reserves were admitted.

Thank you
<insert name here>
Attachments
SANFL_Crowd.JPG
SANFL_Crowd.JPG (23.81 KiB) Viewed 673 times
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:33 pm

I don't think that table helps at all.

Some of the differences are less than a handful of people. Hardly compelling numbers.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7527 times
Been liked: 10836 times

Postby cennals05 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:40 pm

Booney wrote:I don't think that table helps at all.

Some of the differences are less than a handful of people. Hardly compelling numbers.

The point being made is that the Reserves have not provided an increase in crowd numbers as they said there would be, therefore the clubs need to try and re-engage those that have walked away from the comp.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:50 pm

My first option.

Boot the INTERLOPERS out of our comp.

However if the above never eventuates then

Second option.

Crows and Power play under same rules

1. 10 to 12 AFL players only

2. all games away games

3. increase payment to SANFL Clubs for the priviledge of playing in our comp

Two ways of doing this

1 A flat $200,000 for each SANFL Club from both the interlopers
or
Someone work out what the cost would be for a AFL reserves team to traipse around Australia to play in a AFL RESERVES comp

Say hypothetically it comes to x millions of Dollars then charge them half that amount for the privledge of playing in the SANFL.

In other words hit them in the hip pocket.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:18 pm

UK Fan wrote:Port pays nothing cos they killed off Port Magpies and took there spot via the merger many season ago.

Port pays nothing because the SANFL lets it, pure and simple. The above statement is utter pap (*) and can serve only to let the SANFL try and save face after what was a very, very stupid decision.

(*) no pun intended
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby LPH » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:21 pm

Yeah, I laughed at that too!
I assume they haven't even paid back the 'Advance' on the AFL Dividends they recieved in 2011/12...
Pay a fee, yeah right :roll:
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Based on the attitudes of the supporters in this thread, I don't think it's ever going to work. If you're going to want to hamstring the teams so much that they can't compete or make money, then there really isn't any point. I do find it strange that Centrals roll to flag after flag after flag, Norwood win three in a row ... but now Port make the finals twice, and Adelaide have a couple of good wins and all of a sudden everyone is worried the AFL teams will dominate...?

As for Port Adelaide contributing financially to the SANFL. If Adelaide Oval revenue, AFL licence revenue (twice over), SANFL licence revenue, redistricting Port's junior zones and then a quite tidy TV deal isn't enough, then I question the entire sustainability of the competition.

Hopefully the AFL start up a legitimate reserves comp soon and the SANFL can be left to it's own devices.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:39 pm

morell wrote:Based on the attitudes of the supporters in this thread, I don't think it's ever going to work. If you're going to want to hamstring the teams so much that they can't compete or make money, then there really isn't any point. I do find it strange that Centrals roll to flag after flag after flag, Norwood win three in a row ... but now Port make the finals twice, and Adelaide have a couple of good wins and all of a sudden everyone is worried the AFL teams will dominate...?

As for Port Adelaide contributing financially to the SANFL. If Adelaide Oval revenue, AFL licence revenue (twice over), SANFL licence revenue, redistricting Port's junior zones and then a quite tidy TV deal isn't enough, then I question the entire sustainability of the competition.

Hopefully the AFL start up a legitimate reserves comp soon and the SANFL can be left to it's own devices.

So how would you feel if a SANFL club was allowed to join the Ammos and retain their $400k salary cap whilst every other side in the comp has a $80k cap?
Id imagine most people in the ammos would be jumping up and down
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby heater31 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Jim05 wrote:
morell wrote:Based on the attitudes of the supporters in this thread, I don't think it's ever going to work. If you're going to want to hamstring the teams so much that they can't compete or make money, then there really isn't any point. I do find it strange that Centrals roll to flag after flag after flag, Norwood win three in a row ... but now Port make the finals twice, and Adelaide have a couple of good wins and all of a sudden everyone is worried the AFL teams will dominate...?

So how would you feel if a SANFL club was allowed to join the Ammos and retain their $400k salary cap whilst every other side in the comp has a $80k cap?
Id imagine most people in the ammos would be jumping up and down

Add to that train 4 times a week with weights, skills and game plan meetings whilst the rest just train twice a week and show up on game day to play....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:48 pm

If they didn't in any way dominate, I couldn't care less. Mate, I am from Mitchell Park, we compete against clubs with bigger budgets than us every year. Budget disparity happens in every division in the SAAFL.

If the AFL teams had steamrolled the comp ya'll would have a point. But, alas, they haven't, so you don't.

If you wanted to go down the "competition integrity" line, then again, AFL players have played major parts in Central and Norwood flags over the years, so really, the SANFL has been compromised for donkeys years.
morell
Coach

Postby LPH » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:49 pm

Not to mention Medical Staff, Recovery Facilities & access to Full time Training...

As for the "Centrals & Norwood" comments - good, at least they were using the SAME conditions
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby LPH » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:51 pm

morell wrote:If they didn't in any way dominate, I couldn't care less. Mate, I am from Mitchell Park, we compete against clubs with bigger budgets than us every year. Budget disparity happens in every division in the SAAFL.

If the AFL teams had steamrolled the comp ya'll would have a point. But, alas, they haven't, so you don't.

If you wanted to go down the "competition integrity" line, then again, AFL players have played major parts in Central and Norwood flags over the years, so really, the SANFL has been compromised for donkeys years.

Who DEVELOPED the majority of them?
Don't they deserve that contribution?
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby UK Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:54 pm

morell wrote:If they didn't in any way dominate, I couldn't care less. Mate, I am from Mitchell Park, we compete against clubs with bigger budgets than us every year. Budget disparity happens in every division in the SAAFL.

Just to clarify your comments.

Im a Port fan.
Port want this.
Im a sheep and cant think for myself
So I support what PAFC does.

Heres a 3 second puss weak justification to support my clubs stance.

Appreciate your input Booney II.

Do the rest of SA football a favor and make like Tony Abbott.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby morell » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Who developed and honed their skills to become more than ordinary SANFL players?

How can you on one hand claim the SANFL is compromised because two teams that haven't at all set the world on fire are part of it - but then claim the MULTIPLE FLAGS won by teams that had a large proportion of AFL trained players contribute to them - including AFL players that have had nothing to do with those clubs as juniors - is not "compromised".

If anything, I would have thought staunch SANFL fans would prefer the comprised teams to be limited to two, rather than every team. On GF day this season you know its going to be 100% SANFL club Vs 100% SANFL club. Much better IMO.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL