Rnd 2 - North v Adelaide at Prospect Saturday 1.10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 2 - North v Adelaide at Prospect Saturday 1.10

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:28 pm

RB wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Master stroke by the North hierachy in moving the game to 1.10pm today, not sure the 6 Crows supporters there today would have gone otherwise.

You're gonna like kick off time for next week then.

12.10 on Saaturday, what a farce. Hope the North fans boycott it. Really need to stop bending over for the AFL sides. VFL games are often ran at the same time as their AFL sides are playing
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:54 pm

I can handle it if its for TV like it is this week.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Special One » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:26 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Special One wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Not one Crows player or official in our club rooms after the game.

Mind you the Crows coach abusing me walking out of the ground after I said "Well done, it was a good game, bad luck" did wonders for their PR I'm sure.

I see this part of their push to get into the SANFL is progressing as well as their prediction of 3000 Crows supporters per game.

Probably after what happen last year, why would they want to go in!

What happened last year?
Only thing I was made aware was Crows members throwing their Crows membership at Crows players whilst fans of both teams who were unneccesarily inconvenienced by the visiting team abused the people responsible for closing of an exit which had never needed to be done in the previous 100 years at the ground.

Personally I don't care if they come back but its yet another promise they've let down on, for all I care their whole lying underhanded cheating useless club can be swallowed up and die. They bring NOTHING to the SANFL except for plenty of negatives for the comp.
And if their coach is any indication of what the club and officials are like they can stay the **** away like they are, poor losers.

Umm how about... NAFC told Crows they were not welcome back in the club after game, Younie was abused by members. There seems to be a hatred between the two teams and it shows it in the field. It's probably the development of a new rivalry in the new revamp comp!
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Special One » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:29 pm

Jim05 wrote:
RB wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Master stroke by the North hierachy in moving the game to 1.10pm today, not sure the 6 Crows supporters there today would have gone otherwise.

You're gonna like kick off time for next week then.

12.10 on Saaturday, what a farce. Hope the North fans boycott it. Really need to stop bending over for the AFL sides. VFL games are often ran at the same time as their AFL sides are playing

This game was bent over by channel 7... They want lead in content to their afl games. With the crows playing home Saturday arbor and port away Saturday night. There was a slot open in channel 7, can't complain when it's on the main channel.
Special One
Rookie

Postby StrayDog » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:12 pm

Special One wrote:
Umm how about... NAFC told Crows they were not welcome back in the club after game, Younie was abused by members. There seems to be a hatred between the two teams and it shows it in the field. It's probably the development of a new rivalry in the new revamp comp!

Trying to put any kind of positive spin on this is futile, SO.

Competitive "rivalry" is healthy, but off field bollocks of this sort have sweet Frances Adams to do with rivalry and do nothing for the competition.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1159 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Special One wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Special One wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Not one Crows player or official in our club rooms after the game.

Mind you the Crows coach abusing me walking out of the ground after I said "Well done, it was a good game, bad luck" did wonders for their PR I'm sure.

I see this part of their push to get into the SANFL is progressing as well as their prediction of 3000 Crows supporters per game.

Probably after what happen last year, why would they want to go in!

What happened last year?
Only thing I was made aware was Crows members throwing their Crows membership at Crows players whilst fans of both teams who were unneccesarily inconvenienced by the visiting team abused the people responsible for closing of an exit which had never needed to be done in the previous 100 years at the ground.

Personally I don't care if they come back but its yet another promise they've let down on, for all I care their whole lying underhanded cheating useless club can be swallowed up and die. They bring NOTHING to the SANFL except for plenty of negatives for the comp.
And if their coach is any indication of what the club and officials are like they can stay the **** away like they are, poor losers.

North invited the Crows back last year but they chose not to attend, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story, we.even had a heap of Crows officials including Trigg to our Presidents Group lunch last year. The way Younie carried on at me on Saturday gives me an insight as to why he was abused. Probably well deserved!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Special One » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:51 pm

^^^^
I was told by a player from NAFC as I asked for clarification about the whole story, the response was 'they can get stuff, they're not welcome in our club'... I've had some contact with Younie in the past he has come across a nice person and easy to talk to. Like I said he probable cop something from a fan and took it out on you, which still isn't appropriate.
Special One
Rookie

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Special One wrote:^^^^
I was told by a player from NAFC as I asked for clarification about the whole story, the response was 'they can get stuff, they're not welcome in our club'... I've had some contact with Younie in the past he has come across a nice person and easy to talk to. Like I said he probable cop something from a fan and took it out on you, which still isn't appropriate.

It was probably that fan that he copped it from! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:57 pm

It was probably that fan that he copped it from! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:07 pm

I've known Heath for 15 years and have had heaps of contact, most of which I won't discuss on here.
Still think he's in a role very suited to him and wish him luck, a very professional guy usually who can be intense but I liken him to Mike Hussey with cricket when it comes to dedication and drive for his sport and role.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Gozu » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:33 pm

Crowd 2,465
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:35 pm

:-"
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Mic » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Gozu wrote:Crowd 2,465

Got just over 4,000 for our season opener against the Crows last year, in very similar weather.

The novelty of the Crows reserves has worn off.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby on the rails » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:35 pm

Wasn't it just over 4.5k last season with none of the supposed 4000 crows fans per game materializing as promised (which we all knew was bullshit) and even less coming as the years go on. What a farce that our league and club leaders all,ultimately appointed by members could be bullied and lied to re allowing AFL Ressies to taint the comp.
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:48 pm

on the rails wrote:Wasn't it just over 4.5k last season with none of the supposed 4000 crows fans per game materializing as promised (which we all knew was bullshit) and even less coming as the years go on. What a farce that our league and club leaders all,ultimately appointed by members could be bullied and lied to re allowing AFL Ressies to taint the comp.

Same amount of them were at the game this year, less than 50, just less North fans this year as they are even more disenchanted with the AFL debacle and who could blame them.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Agile » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:15 pm

This might be the first post about the GAME. Two things stood out for me. Marlon Motlop, Fantastic game and young Shilabeer was bloody good aswell. And what about the umpiring. Interesting . It was a good hard game with plenty of pressure so good to get the win to kick off the season.
It,s a Great Great Club, and the Club we Love, We,re the good Old Red and White
The Mighty Roosters we,re called , All for One and One for All
Agile
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Brendan M » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:00 am

Re: the umpires, not convinced about their new clothes. I was at Woodville and perhaps it was our less than excellent disposal but a few handballs and short passes went their way, bit of a clash of colours there. They also seem less visible.
Brendan M
Rookie

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby robranisgod » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:48 am

Agile wrote: And what about the umpiring. Interesting.

I like to see umpires be confident in their decision making and be in control of the game. That is exactly what Scott Thompson did on Saturday. What a shame that he was playing and not supposed to be umpiring.
Last edited by robranisgod on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 231 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Ian » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:53 am

Brendan M wrote:Re: the umpires, not convinced about their new clothes. I was at Woodville and perhaps it was our less than excellent disposal but a few handballs and short passes went their way, bit of a clash of colours there. They also seem less visible.

At once stage at Prospect there were a lot of trainers in green blending in with the umpires in green, I don't think this was very well thought through
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby JK » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:13 am

Brendan M wrote:Re: the umpires, not convinced about their new clothes. I was at Woodville and perhaps it was our less than excellent disposal but a few handballs and short passes went their way, bit of a clash of colours there. They also seem less visible.

They usually play for the Eagles anyway
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL