The future of West Adelaide.

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Postby wycbloods » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Strawb wrote:Problems I have already said on here. We have an ageing membership base. A lot of young families can only choose one event to attend and the crows take preference at times over the SANFL team. Westies is a proud club and time will tell on our survival. It was mismanaged for years by a former individual at the club but I am not willing to go there.

The bloke who left the place with a shit load of money that the current board has seen dwindle down to next to nothing.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby CENTURION » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:04 pm

vultures circling...............
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Strawb » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:37 am

wycbloods wrote:
Strawb wrote:Problems I have already said on here. We have an ageing membership base. A lot of young families can only choose one event to attend and the crows take preference at times over the SANFL team. Westies is a proud club and time will tell on our survival. It was mismanaged for years by a former individual at the club but I am not willing to go there.

The bloke who left the place with a shit load of money that the current board has seen dwindle down to next to nothing.

Yup he left the club with money. Ask about the books that seemed to disappear when he left the club. He took a lot more money than he left.
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby CENTURION » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:46 am

[quote="Strawb"]Problems I have already said on here. We have an ageing membership base. A lot of young families can only choose one event to attend and the crows take preference at times over the SANFL team. Westies is a proud club and time will tell on our survival.

this sounds like Sturt's problem as well. that's why they need to relocate to where there is a growing young community. or maybe West should!
CENTURION
Coach

Postby holden78 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:22 am

holden78 wrote:So jumping ahead here I'm guessing Mickan's position isn't to be filled since Collo is full time and can spare 3 days a week for paper work etc. now that his gamestyle is fully developed at the club! Oh just in case anyone is still in doubt about it ...Collo sproutingly says " once we have the ball stop, prop, give backwards or wide until as a team we are so dizzy with delight, we almost jizz, thus forgetting where the goals are and what they look like!". :oops:

So what isn't factually correct?
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby DOC » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:07 am

CENTURION wrote:
Strawb wrote:Problems I have already said on here. We have an ageing membership base. A lot of young families can only choose one event to attend and the crows take preference at times over the SANFL team. Westies is a proud club and time will tell on our survival.

this sounds like Sturt's problem as well. that's why they need to relocate to where there is a growing young community. or maybe West should!

So, no problems if they head Muno Para or Salisbury?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 741 times
Been liked: 2111 times

Postby CENTURION » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:10 am

already taken.
CENTURION
Coach

Postby SDK » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Head further west ..... into the sea and across the gulf. That really WOULD be West Adelaide.
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby Sojourner » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:58 pm

If we look at the areas allocated to West Adelaide across the suburbs, areas that contain decent numbers of young families are getting more difficult to find, i am guessing Aberfoyle Park if that is not Glenelgs area is probably their best bet for that demographic, some way from the club.

Pretty sure its been brought up before about West Adelaide having a venue at Aberfoyle Park to tap into that group of people and also for the fact that venues in the outer suburbs do better $$$ than many in inner suburbs via the Pokies. Its a great idea but needs a pretty fair injection of capital which they don't have on hand, not unlike the hole in the bucket scenario.
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby SDK » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:33 am

I remember not that long ago Westies were dominating the old U17 and U19 comp. What happened to those kids and that system ?
SDK
League - Best 21

Postby Wedgie » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:59 am

Sojourner wrote:If we look at the areas allocated to West Adelaide across the suburbs, areas that contain decent numbers of young families are getting more difficult to find, i am guessing Aberfoyle Park if that is not Glenelgs area is probably their best bet for that demographic, some way from the club.

I think Aberfoyle Park will be drying up soon and changing into an older suburb with a further move down south. Plus its only ever supported one SFL side. Biggest high school in the state now is in Reynella East.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:18 am

SDK wrote:I remember not that long ago Westies were dominating the old U17 and U19 comp. What happened to those kids and that system ?

Exactly what I was thinking
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jim05 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:36 am

SDK wrote:I remember not that long ago Westies were dominating the old U17 and U19 comp. What happened to those kids and that system ?

They had a fair few drafted to the AFL for memory
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brodlach » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:53 am

Jim05 wrote:

They had a fair few drafted to the AFL for memory

As Jim said plenty drafted but also a few passed away sadly.

There are also many still there and a couple like Anderson and Heinze who have left and now come back
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby wycbloods » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Strawb wrote:
wycbloods wrote:

Yup he left the club with money. Ask about the books that seemed to disappear when he left the club. He took a lot more money than he left.

That's a load of crap and the reason the club had to pay him more when he left due to the claims they made against him.

He run the place significantly better than anyone since has.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Psyber » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Strawb wrote:
wycbloods wrote:

Is it time to involve the people who investigated Craig Thompson??
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby holden78 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:01 am

Without Port Flowers the whole comp would be way better off..... seriously!
All they do is suck money out of the SANFL and community; we'd be better off each and every club.
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby CENTURION » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:49 am

this might sound crazy but why don't they rotate the club's zones? Your team gets allocated a zone for 5 years, then it gets passed on to another SANFL side.
CENTURION
Coach

Postby CENTURION » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:49 am

holden78 wrote:Without Port Flowers the whole comp would be way better off..... seriously!
All they do is suck money out of the SANFL and community; we'd be better off each and every club.

wrong thread
CENTURION
Coach

Postby SDK » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:27 am

Wrong thread but correct information.
SDK
League - Best 21