SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Postby Shoot it » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:23 pm

UK Fan wrote:
jo172 wrote:It's well documented why Kurtze left. You cannot be a Senior Associate at Thomson Geer and commit to SANFL football. He'd be putting in 60 hour working weeks regularly. You cannot combine that with what is expected by a league club if you're doing the right thing by your employer and your club.

Short of Sturt topping his wage (which would be 6 figures) he was never going to continue playing SANFL.

He wants to keep playing though, at a level he can give a commitment to. If he can earn a few dollars doing so, so much the better.

Thank you.

Yet again not having a crack at Angus(I'd do the same)simply the fact the above will continue to occur salary cap or not. Plus aren't Allan and Kurtz assistant coaches ???

You are aware of the justification as to why the salary cap was brought in was to try and prevent the above ???

jo172 wrote:Re Marquee players, the top paid SANFL players earn more than any community player as it is. This wouldn't accomplish much. If it's financial incentives the League needs to raise the salary cap league wide and increase game payments for League and Reserve. Whether this is actually sustainable I have no idea

Pig shit they would. Daniel Motlop stated I'm playing country footy cos I get more than playing at North ffs. Sanfl salary cap is just over $300k no one player would be getting football payments of anywhere near what welsh/Petrie/Clayton/sheedy/Waterhouse/ladhams and co. have been getting paid In country leagues for years.Are you suggesting James Allan with his employment gig at Pembroke is taking a massive pay cut purely for the honor or representing a div 3 club.

Dreaming.

Marquee players(even if half wage is not included in salary cap)is one suggestion for sanfl to try and truly combat the issue.

If Ammo/country clubs are allowed to attract marquee players for their clubs why can't SANFL clubs is my question ??? Maybe concentrate on the big picture.

UK Fan - you may be better off not commenting on things you know little about.

Ammo's don't have the marquee player available, and the country clubs have to include the marquee player inside their cap. James Allen also got boned from Norwood so was looking for a new club anyway as well. = both players can only be paid $400 maximum per game
Shoot it

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby therisingblues » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:32 pm

Yeah, possibly. But coaches are always going to look for the best man for a position whether that means head hunting or otherwise. In Macgowan's case he deserved to get the opportunity at the higher level, he was doing everything right and showed a natural understanding of the coaching game. He made the decision to go when he did however, no doubt had he filled out the two years as he wanted at Sturt, and IF those years resulted in a premiership then he most likely have been in demand elsewhere for an AFL assistants gig. Regardless of how pushy Clarkson was, the decision was Rick's to make, and he had options.
Had quite a big impact at Sturt, and brings a different perspective to the Thomas discussion. No doubt Crows would also talk to a contracted coach if the situation required it.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby UK Fan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:06 am

Shoot it wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
jo172 wrote:It's well documented why Kurtze left. You cannot be a Senior Associate at Thomson Geer and commit to SANFL football. He'd be putting in 60 hour working weeks regularly. You cannot combine that with what is expected by a league club if you're doing the right thing by your employer and your club.

Short of Sturt topping his wage (which would be 6 figures) he was never going to continue playing SANFL.

He wants to keep playing though, at a level he can give a commitment to. If he can earn a few dollars doing so, so much the better.

Thank you.

Yet again not having a crack at Angus(I'd do the same)simply the fact the above will continue to occur salary cap or not. Plus aren't Allan and Kurtz assistant coaches ???

You are aware of the justification as to why the salary cap was brought in was to try and prevent the above ???

jo172 wrote:Re Marquee players, the top paid SANFL players earn more than any community player as it is. This wouldn't accomplish much. If it's financial incentives the League needs to raise the salary cap league wide and increase game payments for League and Reserve. Whether this is actually sustainable I have no idea

Pig shit they would. Daniel Motlop stated I'm playing country footy cos I get more than playing at North ffs. Sanfl salary cap is just over $300k no one player would be getting football payments of anywhere near what welsh/Petrie/Clayton/sheedy/Waterhouse/ladhams and co. have been getting paid In country leagues for years.Are you suggesting James Allan with his employment gig at Pembroke is taking a massive pay cut purely for the honor or representing a div 3 club.

Dreaming.

Marquee players(even if half wage is not included in salary cap)is one suggestion for sanfl to try and truly combat the issue.

If Ammo/country clubs are allowed to attract marquee players for their clubs why can't SANFL clubs is my question ??? Maybe concentrate on the big picture.

Ammo's don't have the marquee player available, and the country clubs have to include the marquee player inside their cap. James Allen also got boned from Norwood so was looking for a new club anyway as well. = both players can only be paid $400 maximum per game

I hear both are donating their match payments to charity and will live free of all things material.

Also heard their footy boots will be made of recyclable goods so boths existence is carbon neutral friendly.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:18 am

Come on Uk we all know once your hit 35 years old money becomes no factor in any deciscion people make

Could J Allan be the highest paid school teacher in SA!!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5611 times
Been liked: 2539 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby jo172 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:05 am

UK Fan wrote:
Shoot it wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Thank you.

Dreaming.

I hear both are donating their match payments to charity and will live free of all things material.

Also heard their footy boots will be made of recyclable goods so boths existence is carbon neutral friendly.

Were they playing for free at Sturt or Norwood?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:55 am

WOW assistant coach at an SANFL club. To good to refuse.

What a load of Steven Trigg.

Thommo your coaching career is obviously set up already . Youll be the next Jarrod Cotton.

Paul Thomas would of walk into an assistant gig at any sanfl club after he retired no matter what.

This position does nothing to help him as a future coach IMHO.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:28 pm

jo172 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Shoot it wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Re Marquee players, the top paid SANFL players earn more than any community player as it is. This wouldn't accomplish much. If it's financial incentives the League needs to raise the salary cap league wide and increase game payments for League and Reserve. Whether this is actually sustainable I have no idea

Dreaming.

Were they playing for free at Sturt or Norwood?[/quote]

Did they teach /assistant coach at norwood or sturt ???

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:09 pm

UK Fan wrote:WOW assistant coach at an SANFL club. To good to refuse.

Thommo your coaching career is obviously set up already . Youll be the next Jarrod Cotton.

Paul Thomas would of walk into an assistant gig at any sanfl club after he retired no matter what.

Unfortunately the original SANFL clubs cant sell the 'if things go well we will get you involved with the AFL team etc etc' spill.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5611 times
Been liked: 2539 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby UK Fan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:56 pm

whufc wrote:
UK Fan wrote:WOW assistant coach at an SANFL club. To good to refuse.

Unfortunately the original SANFL clubs cant sell the 'if things go well we will get you involved with the AFL team etc etc' spill.

They can sell the possibility of if things go well you could end up in AFL as a coach just as much as Matty Lokan/Mark Mickan could.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:57 pm

TimmiesChin wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Hardly poaching when cdfc advertised publicly for applicants for the position

And if the coach in question wasn't an applicant but asked to take the job ?

He wasnt.

He applied and got the publicly advertised job.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Second Team » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:33 pm

Any chance that anyone can post anything about player movements instead of this other rubbish about 3 players. Give in UK fan, you have lost this fight. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Second Team
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Wedgie » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:52 pm

He's won it quite comfortable especially with a bit of background knowledge.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:05 pm

Wedgie wrote:He's won it quite comfortable especially with a bit of background knowledge.

Albeit incorrect background knoiwledge
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1664 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Big Phil » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Second Team wrote:Any chance that anyone can post anything about player movements instead of this other rubbish about 3 players. Give in UK fan, you have lost this fight. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Is Tim Webber going to be playing in the SANFL in season 2016?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 273 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:20 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Wedgie wrote:He's won it quite comfortable especially with a bit of background knowledge.

Albeit incorrect background knoiwledge

Incorrect but I think we're talking about different knowledge. I have no knowledge of Kurtzes background/intentions/motivating factors.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Mark_Beswick » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:27 pm

Is Suckling still at the Parade? Been absent for a while and just catching up with rumours and news
Mark_Beswick
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:01 pm

Cam Hitchcock back into SANFL ranks next year.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Booney wrote:Cam Hitchcock back into SANFL ranks next year.

Glenelg? Or somewhere else?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:13 pm

West have signed former Collingwood utility Trent Stubbs who has played in the NEAFL the past couple of years. Midfielder who can play forward
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:53 pm

A few Port reserves players will be moving to other SANFL clubs, Glenelg and North Adelaide look like they'll be picking up some Magpie lads. In particular Ben Sawford looks to be heading to Glenelg as he looks to become a regular league footballer. Didn't have that opportunity at Port unfortunately.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10390 times
Been liked: 1534 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL