SANFL Club Finances

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Postby kickinit » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:04 pm

Special One wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/north-northeast/central-district-bulldogs-call-for-fans-to-back-the-club-to-avoid-cuts-to-junior-programs/story-fni9ll1r-1227150954316

It was all fine when they were winning and that amazing dynasty has actually done harm. I also think that Centrals may not have planned ahead very well as it was always going to end.

You also have to consider the area they are in. A lot of people in that area would work for Holden or someone who does work for them. Tough times a head out there, I only expect centrals situation to get worse.

Is it time for the SANFl to drop the Jnr's and we have a separate Jnr's program?

Funding has significantly drop due the AFL trying to black mail the SANFL to change their name. Been told by a stakeholder of the SANFL, SANFL will disclose and have a crack at the AFL once a confidentiality agreement finishes.

Do you really think that will happen? The SANFL is never going to go out and bad mouth the AFL. The AFL have too much control, you think things are bad now doing that will kill the SANFL.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby knowledge » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:25 pm

kickinit wrote:
Special One wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/north-northeast/central-district-bulldogs-call-for-fans-to-back-the-club-to-avoid-cuts-to-junior-programs/story-fni9ll1r-1227150954316

It was all fine when they were winning and that amazing dynasty has actually done harm. I also think that Centrals may not have planned ahead very well as it was always going to end.

You also have to consider the area they are in. A lot of people in that area would work for Holden or someone who does work for them. Tough times a head out there, I only expect centrals situation to get worse.

Is it time for the SANFl to drop the Jnr's and we have a separate Jnr's program?

Funding has significantly drop due the AFL trying to black mail the SANFL to change their name. Been told by a stakeholder of the SANFL, SANFL will disclose and have a crack at the AFL once a confidentiality agreement finishes.

Do you really think that will happen? The SANFL is never going to go out and bad mouth the AFL. The AFL have too much control, you think things are bad now doing that will kill the SANFL.

Well, as of last week they have $10 million less of control!
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby kickinit » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:37 pm

knowledge wrote:Well, as of last week they have $10 million less of control!

Yeh but the one thing the SANFL can't change is the AFL is the controlling body of Australian Rules Football.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby knowledge » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Just as an aside, I was told of an interesting scenario the other day and wonder if anybody from other clubs had heard the same. A listed (1-90) Under 18 player, who spent the last half of 2014 travelling o/s (he played 9 under 18 games for Sturt in 2014) came back from o/s and saw an ad in the paper from the AFC and was "invited" to train with Adelaide's reserves. He was extended an invitation, also, to train with our senior sides He is a registered SFC player until the end of his 19th year. I'm told both Adelaide and Port can get away with this. Yet, if one ot the other SANFL clubs did it there are significant penalties and fines. Seems to be a gross inconsistency here. Too make matters worse, we get zilch financial recompense., despite having invested heavily in his development. Anybody heard of the same thing elsewhere?
knowledge
Rookie

Postby knowledge » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:45 pm

kickinit wrote:

Yeh but the one thing the SANFL can't change is the AFL is the controlling body of Australian Rules Football.

Too true!
knowledge
Rookie

Postby stan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:29 am

Special One wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Did you hear this in cibo's? I mean thats where the good info is at [emoji6]
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dogwatcher » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:35 am

The CDFC story is an interesting one.
The club has planned reasonably well for when things turned in terms of the Dynasty.
Like any club, there are things we can do better.
And, like any club, we need to get our supporters back on board - it's not just on-field performances, because our crowds were falling through the Dynasty, in line with the SANFL, but there are economic issues and the spectre of job losses right across the north, as well as the amazing success of Adelaide Oval taking supporters away.
I don't think we're alone in facing these challenges.
We need to remember our SANFL clubs aren't just football teams, but also part of the community fabric - something AFL clubs, as much they try, will never be due to their size.
I hope Kris keeps reminding people the CDFC needs their help and I hope he continues to remind people about what the CDFC does for our community.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby whufc » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:08 am

Dogwatcher wrote:The CDFC story is an interesting one.
The club has planned reasonably well for when things turned in terms of the Dynasty.
Like any club, there are things we can do better.
And, like any club, we need to get our supporters back on board - it's not just on-field performances, because our crowds were falling through the Dynasty, in line with the SANFL, but there are economic issues and the spectre of job losses right across the north, as well as the amazing success of Adelaide Oval taking supporters away.
I don't think we're alone in facing these challenges.
We need to remember our SANFL clubs aren't just football teams, but also part of the community fabric - something AFL clubs, as much they try, will never be due to their size.
I hope Kris keeps reminding people the CDFC needs their help and I hope he continues to remind people about what the CDFC does for our community.

Rather than continually whinging everyone has jumped off I would rather see Kris and his marketing gurus actually do something for the average northern suburbs supporter

In the last 15 years the spectating facilities haven't changed (oh wait we have a corporate box which is hardly used, a new toilet block, and the drink kiosk and bar are in a fancier brick building)

Instead of spending all their time on the Calcutta dinners and corporate functions how about spending some time and money on something the average fan will use

Oh wait a second the genius there decided to take the most popular bar at the ground away for a few games

Some of it isn't the cdfc fault such as entry prices but does the club really expect people to come in their thousands when it's $20 just to get in and have one beer.

Would love to see the club add a 'bring a mate' day for members or maybe try having some live music after a home game one day.

There seems to be this culture at the club at the moment where they just whinge about everything
-crowd attendances
-recruitings too hard
Etc etc
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2540 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Very good post , it does come across that way. It's a mix of things , like all clubs face , however is there that real strong emotional connection with some Central fans .I'm not so sure .
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby JK » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Very good post , it does come across that way. It's a mix of things , like all clubs face , however is there that real strong emotional connection with some Central fans .I'm not so sure .

Many clubs (and mine were big for this) put all of their focus and energy into the corporate dollar and white collar members, as that's where the deepest pockets lie, but generally the turnaround comes when the club stops paying lip service to the average supporter.

I don't believe it's any coincidence that Norwood's turnaround started happening once they started putting some effort into re-connecting with their entire club community.

Sure clubs need to make decisions that bring onfield improvement, but even as an outsider looking at a club like the Bays, once the club started embracing the Snouts and everyday supporter their fortunes appeared to soar.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby stan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Special One wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Have a crack at?

Still wondering in what respect. Can you give us an idea?
stan
Coach

Postby Psyber » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:34 pm

knowledge wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Too true!

We could secede and run a campaign to set up a truly national league not run by or dominated by Melbourne interests, but I guess we have missed that boat...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Special One » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:38 pm

stan wrote:
Special One wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Have a crack at?

Still wondering in what respect. Can you give us an idea?

The word was that the SANFL are not happy and the detail will come out in time. I like to tell you my source but I would have to kill you lol. I can't tell you where it came from but they are a stakeholder of multiple sports and sporting teams.
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:19 pm

You are a Special One arnt you

Just tell us what the fvck you are on about
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2426 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:29 pm

daysofourlives wrote:You are a Special One arnt you

The SANFL are not happy. About what, thats what Im asking, not really interested in your source just what your on about.
stan
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:40 pm

stan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:You are a Special One arnt you

The SANFL are not happy. About what, thats what Im asking, not really interested in your source just what your on about.

Which is exactly what i was asking in not so many words :)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2426 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:18 am

I agree the CDFC can do more or the 'average' fan.
I think the CDFC, however, does engage well with the community and is continuing to look at angles to further that.
I don't take this latest story, with quotes from Kris Grant, as a whinge, more a statement of facts.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby sjt » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:34 pm

Central have been pushing for $10 entry over the last few years but the sanfl won't budge. Instead they pay $1m for people to stay home and boost sevens ratings, as port and crows sanfl teams are marketed dominating the telecast coverage. What a great deal for the sanfl sucker clubs. What happened to the promised broadcast sponsors?
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby VALE PARK » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:11 pm

If you buy a season ticket only costs about ten bucks a game!
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time

Postby sjt » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:51 pm

I know, but they still want to encourage those that won't or can't commit to season tickets.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL