SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Kane Cornes returning to the Bay in a development coaching role. Ben Moore returning to join the senior coaching panel.

Some good moves down the bay
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3567 times

Postby bulldogproud2 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:09 pm

Dutchy wrote:Kane Cornes returning to the Bay in a development coaching role. Ben Moore returning to join the senior coaching panel.

Some good moves down the bay

Where, at the Grand or Lennies??
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby saintal » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:20 am

latest ins/outs

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3241/

CENTRAL
Coming:
Going: Bryce Retzlaff (Gold Coast), Jesse Kemp (Kimba).

GLENELG
Coming: Luke Harder (Unley/Mercedes Jets), Jack Kenny (Eastern Ranges - Eyre Peninsula).
Going: Sam Lonergan (Launceston), James Hinge, Josh Trembath, Lewis Hender.

NORTH ADELAIDE
Coming:
Going: Greg Gallman (retired), Todd Miles (retired), Alan Obst (retired), Toby Schulz, Jesse O’Brien, Rhys O’Keeffe, Luke Mitchell, Darren Shillabeer (Barossa Districts).

NORWOOD
Coming: Jaryd Cachia (Richmond VFL), Andrew Kirwan (returned), Matt Fuller (Western Bulldogs).
Going: James Allan (retired), Michael Newton (country Victoria), Mitch Wilkins (Melbourne), Tulio Dematteis, Mitch Wicks, Luke Thomas.

SOUTH ADELAIDE
Coming:
Going: Brent Macleod (Geelong), Sam Tharaldsen (Flagstaff Hill), Lachlan Boyd (Beaumaris), Michael Ross.

STURT
Coming: Pat Wilson (returned).
Going: Angus Kurtze (retired), Michael Coad (retired), Matthew Duldig (retired), Jackson Allen (Queensland), Angus Bruggemann (Malalla), Lee Staple, James Wundke.

WEST ADELAIDE
Coming:
Going: James Ezard (retired), Richard Newell.

WOODVILLE-WEST TORRENS
Coming:
Going:
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Big Phil » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:36 am

I think Lewis Hender still has a bit ot offer at SANFL level and wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at North Adelaide...

Glad to see Pat Wilson back at Sturt, I liked the look of him...

Big loss for Central, with both key forwards going in Retzlaff and Kemp, they'll need to recruit a couple of key forwards now...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 273 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:53 am

The loss of Shillabeer for North is a big one.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Special One » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:41 am

Magellan wrote:The loss of Shillabeer for North is a big one.

I hear work commitments and SANFL footy was too much. Apparently the lad never had a day off during the week. He would come off night shift than had to go the club for gym, go home and get some sleep than off to work again. Most of you were aware Shillabeer works in corrections on a 7 day rotating roster. Therefore, there have been many times he has played coming off a night shift with limited sleep. This might be the reason why he injury problems this year. I have been told he would have got more money at North next year than at Barossa Districts.
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Jackal » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:51 am

Can Sturt folk elaborate on Lee Staple and Wundke not being at Sturt next year. Staple has only had one year there and Wundke had seemed to cement his spot during the season.
Jackal
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:00 pm

Jackal wrote:Can Sturt folk elaborate on Lee Staple and Wundke not being at Sturt next year. Staple has only had one year there and Wundke had seemed to cement his spot during the season.

Maybe it was their choice??
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Jackal » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Maybe that is why I asked !!!
Jackal
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Jimmy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:16 pm

Jackal wrote:Can Sturt folk elaborate on Lee Staple and Wundke not being at Sturt next year. Staple has only had one year there and Wundke had seemed to cement his spot during the season.

Wundke was a career reserves player...staple had a disappointing year and I would have hoped he stuck around.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:31 pm

Norwood: Going: James Allan (retired),

Has signed with Pembroke O.S. Division 3 SAAFL from all reports
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Ronnie » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:05 pm

Jimmy wrote:

Wundke was a career reserves player...staple had a disappointing year and I would have hoped he stuck around.

Wundke spent five years as fringe player, not really ever impacting at league level. It's a long time to be in that situation, particularly these days. I assume he just liked the place. Probably thought too that the new coach would call time on it.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:10 pm

Tom Fields reported to be cut by Carlton.....surely South Adelaide have been on the phone!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:11 pm

Special One wrote:

I hear work commitments and SANFL footy was too much. Apparently the lad never had a day off during the week. He would come off night shift than had to go the club for gym, go home and get some sleep than off to work again. Most of you were aware Shillabeer works in corrections on a 7 day rotating roster. Therefore, there have been many times he has played coming off a night shift with limited sleep. This might be the reason why he injury problems this year. I have been told he would have got more money at North next year than at Barossa Districts.

Thanks Special One, wasn't aware of his onerous working commitments and irregular hours. A big loss, and could've gone a lot further at league level IMHO, but fair enough for him.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:20 pm

heater31 wrote:Tom Fields reported to be cut by Carlton.....surely South Adelaide have been on the phone!

Trying his luck as a punter in the US
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Special One » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:45 pm

Magellan wrote:
Special One wrote:

Thanks Special One, wasn't aware of his onerous working commitments and irregular hours. A big loss, and could've gone a lot further at league level IMHO, but fair enough for him.

North sacking Kenny and replacing with Handles did more damage. They took the fun away from football and demanded too much from certain players who were shift working long hours. This is one of the reasons why Shillabeer and co have left.
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Big Phil » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:01 pm

Midfielder Andrew Moore was delisted by The Power today, so will be an OUT for the Magpies...
Big Phil
Coach

Postby blueandwhite » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:26 pm

Brodlach wrote:
heater31 wrote:Tom Fields reported to be cut by Carlton.....surely South Adelaide have been on the phone!

Trying his luck as a punter in the US

He'd definitely be exploring his options before returning to Noarlunga... :shock:
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Big Phil » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:26 pm

An interesting article on Josh Glenn from the Gold Coast Suns...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 1c1a4e9619

Matt Tuner @ Messenger wrote:GOLD Coast rookie Josh Glenn is weighing up a return to Adelaide after just one season at the Suns because of homesickness.

Speculation suggests Glenn, 21, could quit the Suns to join country club Willaston next season, though he shot that down as “just rumours”.

But the former Central District midfielder, who played five AFL games this year, admitted he was battling “plenty” of homesickness and was considering ending his time at Gold Coast.

Glenn said he started missing family and friends mid-season after an ankle injury sidelined him for about a month.

“I’m not sure what I’m doing yet – I’m probably in between,” Glenn said.

“(Homesickness) came in probably two months before the season ended, going through injuries and being bored all the time.

“Not having my family and friends around me to support is probably the biggest thing.

“Being at the footy club wasn’t too bad but outside of footy, you’ve got nothing to do and you just think about how good it was back home.”

A Gold Coast spokesman said the Suns were in discussions with Glenn about his playing future ahead of all clubs submitting their first list lodgement to the league on Friday.

The smooth-moving left-footer’s rise to the AFL was unconventional.

Just three years ago, he was playing division four amateur football for Elizabeth Eagles after quitting Central District’s under-18s.

He returned to the SANFL with the Bulldogs in 2013 and starred at league level that year, only to raise eyebrows when he opted not to nominate for the draft.

Last year he entered the drafts and Gold Coast rookie-listed him.

At the time, he was living at home with his parents in Elizabeth Grove and told The Advertiser he was nervous about moving interstate.

Glenn collected 21 disposals and kicked a goal on debut against Brisbane in May.

But as the season went on he would Skype his family most weeks and struggled to adjust to being a fulltime footballer in an unknown city.

“Footy becomes a chore and then you start not enjoying your footy, then you’re all over the place.”

Glenn said the Suns were keen to keep him so it was his call if he wanted to stay.

This week he is in Adelaide enjoying some off-season down time with family, who are urging him not to turn his back on his AFL career.

“It’s up to me if I want to go back and go through what I went through last season with no family, no friends and stuff like that,” Glenn said.

“I’ve still got time to think about going back to the Gold Coast.”

Glenn said he did not regret the decision to nominate for last year’s rookie draft.

Nor does he think he would regret walking away from the Suns if it came to that.

“I don’t think so.

“In the end it’s up to me and they (family) will respect the decision I make.”

Will be interesting to see what transpires here and whether or not he ends up in the SANFL or the country leagues somewhere...
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Bounce of the ball » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:07 pm

Hedging his bets ? Who is he anyway ,obviously some talent to get drafted. Could be a typical case of go drafted, ahead of himself and then just end up in a country league.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL