I HATE IT WHEN THE MEDIA GET IT WRONG...

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: I HATE IT WHEN THE MEDIA GET IT WRONG...

Postby whatever » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:50 pm

according to the budget

Brodie Martin 165cm and 60kg, what were the crows thinking
:roll:
whatever
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby joelie » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:15 pm

Interesting to see the injured Fisher get 5 kicks and 2 handballs and 8 very important tackles...according to the mail this morning. Seems poor Blocky is the odd man out.
joelie
Rookie

Postby bayman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:52 pm

joelie wrote:Interesting to see the injured Fisher get 5 kicks and 2 handballs and 8 very important tackles...according to the mail this morning. Seems poor Blocky is the odd man out.

obviously i know fish is having a great year but to get credited with 'touches' when not playing just goes to show that some reporters just make it up :shock: & all they have to do is ask the clubs for their stats i know ecky, may_z & co are happy to pass them on
i thought secret groups were a thing of the past, well not on websites anyway
bayman
Coach

Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby selion » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Just another one to add to the list of Advertiser errors.

Pg 92 "Welsh" decides to hang up his boots.

Thats the title for the story about Peter WALSH retiring!!

Also says he was a Bloods junior!!! Came to Westies as about a 19 or 20 year old.

A bit of proof reading and a bit of homework would be good.
selion

Postby Big Phil » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:20 pm

selion wrote:Just another one to add to the list of Advertiser errors.

Pg 92 "Welsh" decides to hang up his boots.

Thats the title for the story about Peter WALSH retiring!!

Also says he was a Bloods junior!!! Came to Westies as about a 19 or 20 year old.

A bit of proof reading and a bit of homework would be good.

I think you got that one wrong selion...

Just reading the paper now and I'm looking at the title to the story as Walsh not "Welsh" as you said they put it...

BUT, looking over to the next page, I noticed a blunder by the Advertiser which is a pretty obvious stuff up...

Bottom of page 93, there is an article by Zac Milbank talking of how Port Power rookies (such as Nick Salter in the picture attached) are on notice in terms of getting promoted from the rookie list to the senior list with the vacant spot available through the premateur retirement of Hugh Minson, thus going onto the long term injury list with his knee issue.

The picture mentioned above shows Nick Salter trying to evade his Redlegs opponent which according to who ever looked at it, says it's fellow Power listed player Adam Cockshell...

WRONG... First of all, can't they see clearly that it is not Adam Cockshell, but in actual fact son of a Redleg gun, Jessie Aish...

Second of all, I would have thought that they would have seen the number 7 (although partially obscurred, yes) on the back of Jessie's jumper and realised (or at least known) that Adam Cockshell wears number 1 for the Norwood and is probably another 4 inches taller ???

Bloody media, I HATE IT WHEN THEY GET IT WRONG...
Last edited by Big Phil on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 274 times

Postby Big Phil » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:04 pm

While I'm back on a board with my media frustration post...

I can't be bothered doing the little title thing and number them individually anymore but I was flicking back through my last couple issues of Inside Football newspapers (which is usually good for a stuff up or 2) and I had to laugh when I saw this mistake written for a second time in the case of about a month...

The SANFL wrap towards the back (generally written by Ashley Porter and / or Peter Argent) made mention in the Centrals column that they had the bye along with 3 other sides (from a few weeks ago of course, June 18th to be exact) and made mention of the impressive form so far this year of young Daniel Havelock. Bloody Daniel Havelock, who the hell is that, it is Daniel Havelberg obviously but I can't believe they have let the same mistake they made a few weeks ago, go to print once again. Says to me, they don't do there research or just has some guy in victoria that knows bugger all about the SANFL do the write ups.

Also, the week after I think, there was an article saying something stupid like Centrals were playing Sturt at Woodville ??? Hello, it should be Eagles @ Woodville yeah... Ahhh, incompetent media outlets and journalists relly erk me... OBVIOUSLY
Big Phil
Coach

Postby best on hill » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:07 pm

arc up big phil
COWELL FOOTBALL CLUB est.1901
premiers 1902,04,07,22,24,26,27,28,31,32,34,37,38,39,46,50,52,53,54,55,58,59,69(cowell north),96,99,2006,07,09
oldest club on E.P.!
best on hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Cowell

Postby holden78 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:11 pm

The worst media is 5rph they stuff players names up all the time ,and when they talk abt the eagles matches they only talk a max of 3minutes yet other clubs they crap on for 8 to 10 minutes , and they wouldent have a clue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Big Phil » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:12 pm

best on hill wrote:arc up big phil

Don't worry, I will... Especially on this topic... :?

I'm pretty timid here mate, you ought to see me fire up... PM after PM from the moderators for my innapropriate and/or personal posts... :roll:

I'm a real mean SOB when i wanna be :evil: :lol: NOT !!! :wink:
Big Phil
Coach

Postby best on hill » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:15 pm

Big Phil wrote:

Don't worry, I will... Especially on this topic... :?

I'm pretty timid here mate, you ought to see me fire up... PM after PM from the moderators for my innapropriate and/or personal posts... :roll:

I'm a real mean SOB when i wanna be :evil: :lol: NOT !!! :wink:

need blokes like you on here saying what they are feeling. pitty some of the journos didnt read some of the posts
COWELL FOOTBALL CLUB est.1901
premiers 1902,04,07,22,24,26,27,28,31,32,34,37,38,39,46,50,52,53,54,55,58,59,69(cowell north),96,99,2006,07,09
oldest club on E.P.!
best on hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Cowell

Postby Big Phil » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:39 pm

best on hill wrote:need blokes like you on here saying what they are feeling. pitty some of the journos didnt read some of the posts

Mate, I'm just as passionate a supporter you'll find and don't have any qualms whatsoever, saying how I feel...

Pitty some people on here want to pick the arse out of my posts and get stuck into me about silly little smiley faces and other crap...
Big Phil
Coach

Postby holden78 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:46 pm

Keep saying what you think big phil at least you are honest good on you . PS You looked lonley after the game sat. sitting on the outer wing on the phone. :)
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby tatts1 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:47 pm

I'm pretty timid here mate, you ought to see me fire up... PM after PM from the moderators for my innapropriate and/or personal posts

MMMMM ? Interesting ???

These forums are for personal opinions aren't they ? Guess you just dont want to "hurt" the dictators , oops moderators :wink:
tatts1
Mini-League

Postby Big Phil » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:08 pm

tatts1 wrote:I'm pretty timid here mate, you ought to see me fire up... PM after PM from the moderators for my innapropriate and/or personal posts

MMMMM ? Interesting ???

These forums are for personal opinions aren't they ? Guess you just dont want to "hurt" the dictators , oops moderators :wink:

Yeah, that's right, we know how hard the moderators are on here don't we !!! :wink: :wink: :lol:

I actually meant personal towards other posters BTW, like for example if I was to call TigerBoss a DH :shock:

BUT now I realised that that would be innapropriate so as to not get a PM from those very moderators, I wont call him a DH will I :lol: 8)

Big Phil... :wink:
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:15 pm

holden78 wrote:Keep saying what you think big phil at least you are honest good on you . PS You looked lonley after the game sat. sitting on the outer wing on the phone. :)

You obviously put 2 and 2 together holden78 and relaised that the big fella casting a lonesome shadow on the outer wing waiting to get the cross from the LifeFM crew to analyise another pathetic Doggies effoert, was in actual fact the Big Phil himself... :wink: WELL DONE MATE :lol:

Took me forever to pack all my sh!t up, get everything slung over my shoulde and then struggle back to the car on my bloody crutches :shock: Thank god I'm off them now, as of today :wink:

Cheers mate I'll keep calling it how I see it and risk getting told to pull my head more often than not. I'm just so bloody passionate about footy, The Doggies and our SANFL comp... :D
Big Phil
Coach

Postby selion » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:20 pm

I am in the country and the country edition definitely got Welsh.

They must have corrected it before the metro edition was out
selion

Postby Big Phil » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:36 am

selion wrote:I am in the country and the country edition definitely got Welsh.

They must have corrected it before the metro edition was out

Fairy Nuff selion :wink:

At least it proves they have some proof reading skills, albeit very minimal hence the amount of posts in this thread highlighting other stuff ups :roll:
Big Phil
Coach

Postby sturtpeter » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:14 pm

Sorry to correct you but I find 1197am RPH Adelaide to be a wonderful Radio Station with a deep passion for our beloved SANFL.

Well done! Darryl, DB, Paul, Grant and The inimitable Otter. :D :D :wink:
Avid Sturt supporter and SANFL fanatic.
sturtpeter
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby topsywaldron » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:52 pm

Big Phil wrote:Adam Cockshell wears number 1 for the Power

Incorrect.

Please check your facts.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Big Phil » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:44 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Adam Cockshell wears number 1 for the Power

Incorrect.

Please check your facts.

It was a typo, all changed now... ...

Obviosly it should have read Norwood not Port, I don't need to check my facts I know that Adam is number 1 at Norwood and 34 at the Power...

Don't try and take away from the point that someone at the Advertiser isn't professional enough to name a player right in a photo. I'm not a journo and it's not my job to report accurate information to the public...

You know what I meant, Topsy... It's funny how some posters on here like to nit pick the arese end out of my posts, ah well, still gone post them regardless...
Big Phil
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL