Adam Grocke

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Postby Aerie » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:35 pm

RM wrote:
sus wrote:
RM wrote:What, you happy about his 10 kicks and 2 handballs. Yep really tore the game apart. And by the way, most of his posesions and goals came in garbage time.

Shows your poor knowledge of his role, the CHF position generally and how Fuller likes CHF played. Also have a look at Baird's stats too compared to what he usually gets.

Yep, I have no idea about the CHF position on the football ground even though I had a brother who played 300 SANFL league games.

Believe me, Young Adam will be a very good player in the future, but he will go missing come finals time this year.

If you did see the game on the weekend RM, I think sus is right. If you didn't see the game then you probably need to see the game before commenting and keep picking your brothers brains for some idea.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 549 times

Postby Dissident » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:14 pm

RM wrote:
sus wrote:
RM wrote:What, you happy about his 10 kicks and 2 handballs. Yep really tore the game apart. And by the way, most of his posesions and goals came in garbage time.

Shows your poor knowledge of his role, the CHF position generally and how Fuller likes CHF played. Also have a look at Baird's stats too compared to what he usually gets.

Yep, I have no idea about the CHF position on the football ground even though I had a brother who played 300 SANFL league games.

Believe me, Young Adam will be a very good player in the future, but he will go missing come finals time this year.

With all due respect RM, I don't know how this is an argument? I've watched many players who have played 300 games, and I don't think being related to one of them would have led me to watch them any differently, or know more about it.
Dissident
Site Admin

Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 158 times

Postby RM » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:30 pm

Dissident wrote:
RM wrote:
sus wrote:

With all due respect RM, I don't know how this is an argument? I've watched many players who have played 300 games, and I don't think being related to one of them would have led me to watch them any differently, or know more about it.

Yes I did see the game on Saturday and as I have said previously, he picked up posesions and goals in garbage time.
RM
Under 16s

Location: Near Grand North, The Northern Tavern and Prospect Oval. All belong to the Mighty NAFC.
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lincoln South

Postby sus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:30 pm

drebin wrote:
RM wrote:
sus wrote:

Ouch great comeback by RM! Can't wait for the reply from Sus on this one!!!

Yes Im deeply wonded Drebin! Oh no what can I say :oops: :oops: ????

My brother is a commercial pilot with 100s of successful flights to his credit. Im not trained as a pilot but have played with and discussed some of the controls on his flight simulator on his PC. So next time you fly on a commercial airline RM let me know. If possible I'll impersonate my brother, take control of your flight get to your destination safe and sound - Im an expert pilot.

What a ridiculous argument. If you knew anything about CHF yourself RM you wouldnt have made such a stupid comment in the first place! :lol: :lol:
sus
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby RM » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:34 pm

Dissident wrote:
RM wrote:
sus wrote:

I take that on board Dis, but when I lived with him for a large majority of those games, talked footy all the time and actually trained with the senior group myself for a couple of years, I think I know the general game plan for a CHF. ( and yes, he was a CHF )
RM
Under 16s

Location: Near Grand North, The Northern Tavern and Prospect Oval. All belong to the Mighty NAFC.

Postby Dissident » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:48 pm

RM wrote:
Dissident wrote:
RM wrote:
sus wrote:

I take that on board Dis, but when I lived with him for a large majority of those games, talked footy all the time and actually trained with the senior group myself for a couple of years, I think I know the general game plan for a CHF. ( and yes, he was a CHF )

Yes, you have a point RM. But I guess I was looking at it from the reverse, in that you believe you'd have a better understanding because of that than someone like say, me, who hadn't lived with a brother who played 300 games and trained with the senior group.

My Dad is a deputy principal, has been for 30 years. I've lived with him for most of his career and also talked "school" with him. I've even worked with him (and the senior group) for a few years.

I don't quite know what that means, but I started an analogy that I couldn't be bothered finishing (that's if it's even possible).

I do put more credence in your second response to it though, rather than 'just because of the 300 games', et al.
Dissident
Site Admin

Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 158 times

Postby RM » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:05 pm

Although you are a dead set moron Sus, I am sure your brother isnt.

But then again, why even bother debating with a know it all! :roll:

Yes you are right Sus, I will just lay down and give up.

Sorry champ, but there are a few people out in the wonderful wide world that do know a little about certain things and maybe, just maybe know a little more than you. Sorry, as I know that has inflicted great pain to you. :shock:
RM
Under 16s

Postby sus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:29 pm

RM wrote:Although you are a dead set moron Sus, I am sure your brother isnt.

Sorry champ, but there are a few people out in the wonderful wide world that do know a little about certain things and maybe, just maybe know a little more than you. Sorry, as I know that has inflicted great pain to you. :shock:

Yep Im a moron and your argument is well thought-out, logical and unbiased RM. You know much more than me and you have inflicted irreparable personal pain and suffering on my psyche. How will my self-confidence ever recover?

I just love getting into a debate with self-righteous NA supporters. Great entertainment! Especially when their arguments start to deteriorate into abuse - I know I can give up then.
sus
Rookie

Postby drebin » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:43 pm

sus wrote:

Yep Im a moron and your argument is well thought-out, logical and unbiased RM. You know much more than me and you have inflicted irreparable personal pain and suffering on my psyche. How will my self-confidence ever recover?

I just love getting into a debate with self-righteous NA supporters. Great entertainment! Especially when their arguments start to deteriorate into abuse - I know I can give up then.

Who started this thread Sus and what is your point if you didn't want discussion? Did you just want everyone to agree with you? So quoting me in the original thread was an obvious attempt to 'bait' me so you can bring out your "I love it when North supporters resort to abuse etc etc" type of lines?

Well we do like to resort to "abuse" (as you call it?) from time to time to put wankers like you back in your box plus if we waited for an Eagles game to find an actual real life supporter to abuse we might be searching for a while! Your supporter base is nearly as bad as South's and so is your premiership count - even with the combined history of two clubs!
Last edited by drebin on Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drebin

Postby ca » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:49 pm

drebin wrote:
sus wrote:

Who started this thread Sus and what is your point if you didn't want discussion? Did you just want everyone to agree with you ?

He is on the wrong forum if he does.
ca
Reserves

Been liked: 2 times

Postby sus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:40 pm

drebin wrote:
sus wrote:

Who started this thread Sus and what is your point if you didn't want discussion? Did you just want everyone to agree with you? So quoting me in the original thread was an obvious attempt to 'bait' me so you can bring out your "I love it when North supporters resort to abuse etc etc" type of lines?

Well we do like to resort to "abuse" (as you call it?) from time to time to put wankers like you back in your box plus if we waited for an Eagles game to find an actual real life supporter to abuse we might be searching for a while! Your supporter base is nearly as bad as South's and so is your premiership count - even with the combined history of two clubs!

Actually I dont expect everyone to agree with me - in fact Im happy to debate issues and I thought that’s where I was going with all this. And your right I did throw the topic up to "bait" NA supporters a bit - generate some controversy and see where it goes. Every now and again I get tired of the boring old same-old-same-old stuff I read on here.

It would be great if those posters who oppose me were to put up better arguments and come-backs than "..you are a dead set moron Sus.." and "...wankers like you..". That just illustrates their primary-school-yard bullyish level of thinking.

Anyway I think that when some people are challenged it all gets taken a little too seriously. Lighten up everyone. I’ll admit I do post stuff from time to time that sounds a bit arrogant – I do it deliberately to make life interesting. But I wont resort to abuse. I mean sheesh generally we don’t even know the posters on here personally (certainly no-one knows me) so what right do we/you have to be abusive. Lighten up.
sus
Rookie

Postby mal » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:46 pm

SUS

Congratulations on winning the TROLLMANSHIP award for July.
I norMALly win those awards.

Still you dont deserve that mush abuse.
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1327 times
Been liked: 1163 times

Postby sus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:50 pm

mal wrote:SUS

Congratulations on winning the TROLLMANSHIP award for July.
I norMALly win those awards.

Still you dont deserve that mush abuse.

Thanks - I think? Am I a troll without even knowing it? Is that good? :lol: :lol:
sus
Rookie

Postby Maddogmike » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:51 pm

Dont give a flying toss about the argument, but RM no one gives a left nut that your brother played 989 games of SANFL. This doesnt mean you are any more informed about the SANFL than average Joe Blow who goes to the games every week of the season.

Move on an sponsor a leppar in Africa if you have nothing better to do with your time.

P.S - What airline SuS? - I hear Air America are looking for pilots with names Mohammed
You can If you believe you can
Maddogmike
Reserves

Postby spell_check » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:28 pm

Often a player changes clubs because of a depth of players in their preferred position in the club. So Grocke and O'Hara changed clubs.

Grocke is doing fine at the Eagles, O'Hara is doing fine at North. It's win, win.
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 184 times

Postby Punk Rooster » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:00 pm

spell_check wrote:Often a player changes clubs because of a depth of players in their preferred position in the club. So Grocke and O'Hara changed clubs.

Grocke is doing fine at the Eagles, O'Hara is doing fine at North. It's win, win.

Exactly.
Adam has scertainly benefited by the change of clubs, good luck to him, he wasn't cutting it at North.
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:08 pm

Adam Grocke is doing very well for the Eagles, and appears to be growing in confidence with each game. He has marked strongly and kicked important late goals several times when the game was in the balance, such as against South and the Glenelg game at Thebarton. Having a more reliable centre half forward has really settled our forward lines, with very good results so far.
eaglesfan
Rookie

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:57 pm

Good on Adam, a top lad who can fill a spot the Eagles have noone else to fill.
I honestly hope he improves and starts kicking goals at cruicial stages of the games and becomes a great player.
Told he'd never get a league game at North so good luck to the lad on plying his trade elsewhere.

PS His mum would kill me if I said anything else! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2151 times
Been liked: 4090 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RM » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:02 pm

Maddogmike wrote:Dont give a flying toss about the argument, but RM no one gives a left nut that your brother played 989 games of SANFL. This doesnt mean you are any more informed about the SANFL than average Joe Blow who goes to the games every week of the season.

Move on an sponsor a leppar in Africa if you have nothing better to do with your time.

P.S - What airline SuS? - I hear Air America are looking for pilots with names Mohammed

Congratulations on a well thought out and facinating post maddog, but unfortunately it showed us all how uneducated you are.
RM
Under 16s

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:08 pm

Just on Grocke, a good article on nafc.com.au by his old man the NAFC board member:

John Grocke - Junior Football Director

We live in a changing world with lots of options for everyone including our children. While sport has been an essential ingredient for many of us in the past it is not automatically accepted as such today.
Sport remains a common interest for everyone and the Aussie rules football community needs to ensure it stays a favourable option with young children so the competition can continue to compete with other sports. The recent soccer world cup has suddenly put soccer on the radar as an alternative in Australia and we need to ensure Aussie Rules keeps its place!

Junior football is the breeding ground of champions where a keen interest in our sport can be developed.

Little has changed within SANFL circles in the past few decades, with both U17 and U19 teams being a regular part of the Saturday program. Their games are played at the alternate venue to the Senior teams each week. The success of our junior program at North Adelaide has seen many champions emerge at SANFL level with a few stepping into the AFL arena. The reality however is that only around 20% (1 in 5) of our junior players progress through to SANFL football and even less progress to the AFL.

SANFL clubs are also finding that resources, in particular volunteers, are harder to find. The variety of activities available to people has increased while the recreational time available for these activities has decreased. Time available for activities outside of employment is more limited. Trained personnel who are prepared to spend many hours serving at clubs are becoming a rare commodity. Well done to those who currently fill these roles in our clubs - you are appreciated. While standards for appropriate player support and welfare are being raised, the pool of people to call on is shrinking, and there are simply not enough funds to pay for it all.

This has put the option of an U18 side as an alternative to an U17 and U19 side back on the agenda. The reasons supporting an U18 side have previously been listed on the website in an article from our CEO, Glenn Elliott.

It is always difficult to address change. The majority of people are uncomfortable with change. There is however little doubt that if change is left until it is forced on us, it is far more difficult to contend with. Often a forced change makes us re-active rather than pro-active.

While I have great admiration for the current and former junior coaching teams and see the great work they are doing, it has become evident to me over the past five years that resources are thinning and the current system cannot be sustained.

Kids come to the SANFL from local and country clubs, and in many cases these grassroots football clubs are also finding it a challenge as their numbers diminish.

With a few exceptions, it is often extremely difficult to select a player at age 15, 16 or 17 as a future SANFL player.

Grounds are also going to be rationalised in the next 5 - 10 years. Maintaining quality venues for spectators and players requires greater spending to ensure an acceptable standard.

This rationalisation and increased costs will eventually lead to a change in our junior program.

Let's hope these changes in our junior football programs can be introduced well before they need to be forced upon us.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2151 times
Been liked: 4090 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL