I HATE IT WHEN THE MEDIA GET IT WRONG...

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: I HATE IT WHEN THE MEDIA GET IT WRONG...

Postby Big Phil » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:58 pm

SJABC wrote:Quick frame the post of Big Phil.

The only one he has ever done without a smilie !

It's a miracle ! :lol: :wink:

Quick, tell SAJBC he shouldn'y have bothered wasting his time with a stupid post like that :shock:

Surely you have more interesting things to post other than whether I close with a smiley or not ? :roll:

Just to close off for you SAJBC.... :D :D :D :D

Big Phil... :wink:
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 277 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:07 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
Big Phil wrote:[Let alone put silly little pathetic comments on here like that mate.

If I really wanted to be silly and pathetic I'd call you a pompous blowhard who loves the sound of his own voice.

But I'm not, so I won't. :D

lol, nice evasion of our presonal abuse rule! ;)
Armchair expert wrote:Such a great club are Geelong
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2151 times
Been liked: 4090 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Big Phil » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:27 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
Big Phil wrote:[Let alone put silly little pathetic comments on here like that mate.

If I really wanted to be silly and pathetic I'd call you a pompous blowhard who loves the sound of his own voice...

But I'm not, so I won't.

I'm a pompous blowhard who loves the sound of my own voice ??? :-k

You are an absolute joke mate, you're saying I like the sound of my own voice (which BTW I find hard to believe as we are not technically talking on here, you TYPE on a computer, not talk into it you DINGBAT) But, in saying all that, if this is how you feel then this is my response... :-s

STICKS AND STONES, TOPSY, STICKS AND STONES... :roll:

Nice one though TipsyWanker. I mean TopsyWaldron, you're really on fire now mate... And isn't it funny how you get a moderator have a laugh along with you at taking the piss out of someone. If it was me, I'd no doubt have a nasty PM by now, which I'll still probably get... :? 8-[ [-X

Get on with it mate, stop being a DH and when you have something else interesting to post on here, then go your hardest. If you wanna get stuck into me for pathetic reasons like what you mentioned earlier, then go POQ. :finga: \:D/ :finga:

Big "ANGRY" Phil... :evil:
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:55 pm

Oh, hang on a minute.... :-k

I'll just get around it like you did, avoiding the wrath of a nasty PM... 8-[

If I wanted to react pathetically and carry on like a goose (like you do), I could berate you and the topics that you post on here, saying how you like to make stupid comments and further from all that, mention that I think you are a bit of a moron... :-"

BUT, like you, I'll hold back and avoid getting all personel, at the same time, avoid breaking any of the personal abuse rules, as our great site administrator Wedgie kindly pointed out... \:D/

Last edited by Big Phil on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Dirko » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:59 pm

Big Phil wrote:Quick, tell SAJBC he shouldn'y have bothered wasting his time with a stupid post like that :shock:

Surely you have more interesting things to post other than whether I close with a smiley or not ? :roll:

Just to close off for you SAJBC.... :D :D :D :D

Thank God you had them in that witty response...

Then to find another post without them :shock:

Damn !!

LOL at the stupid post comment too....pot....kettle....black
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Big Phil » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:03 pm

SJABC wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Quick, tell SAJBC he shouldn'y have bothered wasting his time with a stupid post like that

Just to close off for you SAJBC.... :D :D :D

Thank God you had them in that witty response...

Then to find another post without them :shock:

Damn !!

LOL at the stupid post comment too....pot....kettle....black

Yeah, it's all good mate, PLAY ON... :lol: :wink:

I'm actually in the middle of a forum fight with topsywaldron at the moment mate, I can't really take on too many at once... ](*,)

Big Phil
Coach

Postby JAS » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:29 pm

Is it that time of the month already :roll: Here you go boys try these :wink: ....

Regards
JAS
You can't be a pirate if you don't have a beard. I said so. MY boat, MY rules.

We haven't got a plank. Just ******* jump

Trust no one The truth is everyone is going to let you down you eventually
JAS
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Big Phil » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:46 pm

JAS wrote:Is it that time of the month already :roll: Here you go boys try these :wink: ....

Regards
JAS

Nice one JAS, well done mate.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Phil
Coach

Postby Dirko » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:53 pm

JAS wrote:Is it that time of the month already :roll: Here you go boys try these :wink: ....

Regards
JAS

Hey JAS, that's what Rudd needs !!! :lol:
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby brod » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:59 am

Hey Phil,
Just reading the Free Alpha "150 years of Footy"..and I find myself thinking of you ad-bloody-nauseum, plenty of bloody mistakes, Im sure it wasnt proof read :wink:
Did you know that
- North Melbourne were the SAFA Premiers in 1900 & 1902
- Sturt won both the SANFL and WAFL in 1940
- Norwood won both the SANFL and WAFL in 1941

Just for a start
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby Big Phil » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:10 am

brod wrote:Hey Phil,
Just reading the Free Alpha "150 years of Footy"..and I find myself thinking of you ad-bloody-nauseum, plenty of bloody mistakes, Im sure it wasnt proof read :wink:
Did you know that
- North Melbourne were the SAFA Premiers in 1900 & 1902
- Sturt won both the SANFL and WAFL in 1940
- Norwood won both the SANFL and WAFL in 1941

Just for a start

Hey Brod,

Thanks for getting this topic back on track and away from pedantic posters who just wanna lay sh!t on the topic's creator... :roll:

Funny you mention that, I normally buy the ALFA magazine so I look forward to picking that one up and checking it out first hand... :?

Stay tuned for a couple of "classics" from my regular source of media stuff ups, "Inside Football"... I will grab this weeks edition tomorrow and as always, anticipate at least 1 stuff up. I've also got a couple of basic "repeat" errors from last weeks edition that will make you laugh. I just haven't had time to post as yet. Keep up the good work Brod, I appreciate any "help" I can get from "field researchers" but I am sorry that this topic is making you think of my little plight to the point of ad-bloody-naeseum... :shock:

Big Phil
Coach

Postby Bob Loblaw » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:00 pm

judging by your posts Big Phil shouldnt this topic be called "I LOVE IT WHEN THE MEDIA GET IT WRONG..."?
Bob Loblaw
Under 18s

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Big Phil » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:37 pm

Bob Loblaw wrote:judging by your posts Big Phil shouldnt this topic be called "I LOVE IT WHEN THE MEDIA GET IT WRONG..."?

No, not really...

If I wanted it to be titled to relect how I really feel about it then I guess I would have headed it something like this...

"SOMETIMES, LIKE ALL HUMAN BEINGS, OUR MEDIA OUTLETS MAKE MISTAKES. NOW I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT FIDDLY LITTLE GRAMATICAL ERRORS OR BASIC SPELLING MISTAKES BUT RATHER INCORRECTLY REPORTING SUPPOSED FACTS, MAKING BLATANTLY OBVIOUS ERRORS WHEN NAMING PLAYERS IN PHOTOS PUBLISHED IN PRINT MEDIA AND EVEN OCCASSIONALLY REPEATING PRETTY SIMPLE MISTAKES PREVIOUSLY MADE. SO WHY THEN IF THESE PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE PROFFESSIONALS IN THEIR FIELD, DO THESE MISTAKES CONTINUE TO OCCUR. I DON'T HATE IT AND I CERTAINLY DON'T LOVE IT, IT'S JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT GETS ON MY NERVES, WE ALL HAVE THEM AND I WILL USE THIS FORUM AS A MEANS OF HIGHLIGHTING A FEW OF THESE MEDIA STUFF UPS WHILE GIVING FELLOW POSTERS A FEW EXAMPLES AND AN IDEA OF WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT"

Now clearly, that would be over the top to have as a title so hence the reason I chose the title I did. Perhaps I should have listed this topic "I get frustrated by incompetent media" or something along those lines as that better sums up how I feel. Anyway, it's been made quite clear by a few people on this forum that I apparently like to go on and on and on and on about things and this particular topic was raised as an example. I still don't quite understand with this particular post as of course, it will be progressively posted and while yes, the main jist of the topic is about the media stuffing up, the individual examples posted on here by myself and plenty of other users, surely highlights that it's not going on and on and on (as it was put) but in actual fact, just regular updating of it ??

I don't know, I think I might just let it die a slow death and leave it to the fee others who used this as a means of showing media stuff ups.

BP...
Last edited by Big Phil on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Phil
Coach

Postby sturtpeter » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:39 pm

reading this Forum is better than watching B & B. :D
Avid Sturt supporter and SANFL fanatic.
sturtpeter
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Bob Loblaw » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:43 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:judging by your posts Big Phil shouldnt this topic be called "I LOVE IT WHEN THE MEDIA GET IT WRONG..."?

No, not really...

If I wanted it to be titled to relect how I really feel about it then I guess I would have headed it something like this...

"SOMETIMES, LIKE ALL HUMAN BEINGS, OUR MEDIA OUTLETS MAKE MISTAKES. NOW I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT FIDDLY LITTLE GRAMATICAL ERRORS OR BASIC SPELLING MISTAKES BUT RATHER INCORRECTLY REPORTING SUPPOSED FACTS, MAKING BLATANTLY OBVIOUS ERRORS WHEN NAMING PLAYERS IN PHOTOS PUBLISHED IN PRINT MEDIA AND EVEN OCCASSIONALLY REPEATING PRETTY SIMPLE MISTAKES PREVIOUSLY MADE. SO WHY THEN IF THESE PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE PROFFESSIONALS IN THEIR FIELD, DO THESE MISTAKES CONTINUE TO OCCUR. I DON'T HATE IT AND I CERTAINLY DON'T LOVE IT, IT'S JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT GETS ON MY NERVES, WE ALL HAVE THEM AND I WILL USE THIS FORUM AS A MEANS OF HIGHLIGHTING A FEW OF THESE MEDIA STUFF UPS WHILE GIVING FELLOW POSTERS A FEW EXAMPLES AND AN IDEA OF WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT"

Now clearly, that would be over the top to have as a title so hence the reason I chose the title I did. Perhaps I should have listed this topic "I get frustrated by incompetent media" or something along those lines as that better sums up how I feel. Anyway, it's been made quite clear by a few people on this forum that I apparently like to go on and on and on and on about things and this particular topic was raised as an example. I still don't quite understand with this particular post as of course, it will be progressively posted and while yes, the main jist of the topic is about the media stuffing up, the individual examples posted on here by myself and plenty of other users, surely highlights that it's not going on and on and on (as it was put) but in actual fact, just regular updating of it ??

I don't know, I think I might just let it die a slow death and leave it to the fee others who used this as a means of showing media stuff ups.

BP...

:shock: surely not, whatever gave them that idea? :roll:
Bob Loblaw
Under 18s

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Big Phil » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:43 pm

sturtpeter wrote:reading this Forum is better than watching B & B. :D

Nah, there's a better soapie to watch than the "rubbish" that I post on here Sturtpeter.... :roll: :? :shock:

It's filmed down Prospect way and called "The Young and The Restless Roosters..." :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

It was a joke North supporters, hence the :wink: 's...

Big Phil... :D
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:45 pm

Bob Loblaw wrote: :shock: surely not, whatever gave them that idea? :roll:

Oh, gee.... I don't know.... :roll:

Maybe because I'm on here all the bloody time and just like to make comment and express my opinions on things that are posted here... :shock:

Yes, I might be a bit longwinded at times when it comes to getting my point across and I know that a public forum like this is always going to have a cross section of opinions from individuals that cause debate whether they be right or wrong, myself included, but hey we all have our little flaws and we all can't be perfect now can we... :roll:

Last edited by Big Phil on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Phil
Coach

Postby smac » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Big Phil wrote:Yes, I might be a but longwinded at times

Not that I'd noticed, Philby... :shock:
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Stay on topic please BP.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:19 pm

Back on topic but did Daryl Smith get it slightly wrong when saying North were no longer in the Top 5 after today's games?
WTF Smithy, we can't drop 4 points in one game in the SANFL, mind you both sides at Alberton deserved to today with the standard of the game! :lol:
Come on mate, you're in the media, you should at least be aware of the top 5, its not often Paul Blandis puts someone to shame when it comes to knowledge on what's happening in the SANFL currently! :shock:
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL