SANFL Club Finances

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Postby whufc » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:28 am

kickinit wrote:
sjt wrote:How can the crows not be paying rent? The sanfl no longer owns the licenses.
How can port have their debt wiped, increase revenue by about 40%, exceed their anticipated "uplift", and still lose 2.5m? Where has all the extra costs come from?

It cost the club more to hold a game at AO then they make from it. Take a guess which game port made the most profit on last year

That's your clubs problem that it cost more to play there, after all you were one of two clubs who were pushing to play games there
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5611 times
Been liked: 2539 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:37 am

Olsen on 891 discussing this.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:58 am

So almost half the SANFL’s debt comes from helping Port. In addition, the SANFL is still incurring a cost of about $1.3 million a year to maintain Footy Park for Crows training

So Adelaide pay no rent and it costs the SANFL about $1.3 million a year to keep the facility up to standard for Adelaide to train on?

Right, let the several hundred posts relating to this erupt unabated.

25 years rent free and now $1.3m per year to keep the ground up to spec.

Right, go........
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:02 am

Doesn't make any difference to me - both of the AFL sides can quit complaining.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:15 am

That's up to you, but we get shit canned ( justifiably so ) every day of the week for what we've received from the SANFL.

I'd imagine a conservative estimate would see that Adelaide have had just as much if not more of a hand out then we have.

Free rent for 25 years? Call it $1m per year....easy numbers.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:29 am

Article from Rucci...

West Adelaide looks to private ownership model to save its place in SANFL

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... eb014f0ae1
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 273 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:30 am

Booney wrote:That's up to you, but we get shit canned ( justifiably so ) every day of the week for what we've received from the SANFL.

I'd imagine a conservative estimate would see that Adelaide have had just as much if not more of a hand out then we have.

Free rent for 25 years? Call it $1m per year....easy numbers.

Quit complaining ;)
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:08 am

Booney wrote:So almost half the SANFL’s debt comes from helping Port. In addition, the SANFL is still incurring a cost of about $1.3 million a year to maintain Footy Park for Crows training

So Adelaide pay no rent and it costs the SANFL about $1.3 million a year to keep the facility up to standard for Adelaide to train on?

Right, let the several hundred posts relating to this erupt unabated.

25 years rent free and now $1.3m per year to keep the ground up to spec.

Right, go........

I agree Boon, the Cows are a far bigger parasite than your mob.
Disgraceful that they always get what they want.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3563 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:11 am

Big Phil wrote:Article from Rucci...

I think Booney raised this last week

is booney, Rucci??
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11919 times
Been liked: 3630 times

Postby stan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:13 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

is booney, Rucci??

Lol maybe....
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:24 am

SANFL News
28 Nov 2014
CHALLENGING TIMES FOR SANFL

After a thrilling year of South Australian football returning to Adelaide Oval and the sale of the AAMI Stadium precinct, Zac Milbank examined the challenges which confronted the SANFL in 2014 and what lies ahead in 2015 and beyond.

The SANFL’s move from AAMI Stadium to Adelaide Oval resulted in nearly a 50 per cent reduction in staff members – from 120 to 66. Casual staff reduced from 1000 to 100.
In March of 2015, this number will reduce to 60 when the SANFL closes its catering arm – Encore Group. All casual staff will no longer be required.
Staff salaries were frozen for the 2014 financial year, enabling the league to prepare for any negative financial impacts in the first year at Adelaide Oval.
The Checkside Tavern, based at AAMI Stadium, has become marginal as a result of the move to Adelaide Oval.
The SANFL reduced its operating costs by $1.5m in 2014 and will reduce them by a further $2.3m in 2015. This will result in a significant reduction of $3.8m in two years.
This year, the league’s previous banking partner – Westpac – contracted national consultancy company McGrath Nichol to review the SANFL’s operations. This review, together with associated legal costs, came at a cost of approximately $420,000. Westpac didn’t offer the SANFL an ongoing banking agreement, leaving the league to enter a five-year agreement with Bendigo Bank. This incurred a further cost of $100,000.
In 2014, the SANFL paid eight months of its annual service fee ($2.1m) to the Stadium Management Authority. In 2015, this cost will increase to $3.4 million across the full year.
In May this year, the SANFL paid the Port Adelaide Football Club $1.5m to enable it to repay its AFL creditors. This brought the total funding PAFC has received from the SANFL to $16.25m. The SANFL also spent $1.3m maintaining AAMI Stadium for the Adelaide Football Club’s training base, a cost which will continue an annual basis.
The sale of the AAMI Stadium precinct – to developer Commercial and General – will result in a total of $71m being paid to the SANFL in staged payments through to 2027. An upfront payment of $10m will be used to retire the SANFL’s debt to the AFL.

Aside from these challenges, the SANFL – as the custodian of Australian Football in South Australia – is charged with managing, developing and promoting the game at junior, amateur and country level.

More than 70 per cent of the full-time staff who remain at the SANFL has direct roles and responsibilities to ensure more than 110,000 people play Australian Football across the state.

“The SANFL is the sole body responsible for game development in South Australia, providing pathways for the 110,000 players who pull on the boots in this State every weekend,” SANFL chief executive Jake Parkinson said.

“We invest more than $4m into football programs every year, including game development programs, diversity and multicultural programs, regional development programs, high performance programs and umpiring.

“Another $4.7m is provided to the SANFL league clubs in Game Development Grants to help provide the pathway for players striving for a career in the AFL. So this money is absolutely critical to our future.”

« back

www.flickr.com
A photo on Flickr
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Psyber » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:35 am

UK Fan wrote:
Gozu wrote:Not debts in debt. He didn't say every club but that most of them are in debt.

Ill state right now all SANFL clubs would have debt. As would our two afl clubs.

Having debt means jack !!!

Agreed, so long as you can afford to pay for it and are not having the keep borrowing more to pay the interest (thus digging yourself into a hole).
That's something some of our governments don't understand...

For example, I have a loan on my rental property, but the payments are are less than the rental income, and I could manage if rental income went down, either by paying out of other earnings or selling the asset.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby tipper » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:13 pm

kickinit wrote:
sjt wrote:How can the crows not be paying rent? The sanfl no longer owns the licenses.
How can port have their debt wiped, increase revenue by about 40%, exceed their anticipated "uplift", and still lose 2.5m? Where has all the extra costs come from?

It cost the club more to hold a game at AO then they make from it. Take a guess which game port made the most profit on last year

of course it costs the club more to play there when they put on free concerts for all ticket holders after the game at the venue next door, and give away free tshirts and scarves to people at the game too.... both things they didnt do before.... i would expect that their marketing budget is several times what it was in previous seasons. thats not necessarily a bad thing, they have to spend money to make money, but dont blame the SANFL or the SMA for greater costs because Port Adelaide have CHOSEN to spend money on window dressing.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:31 pm

stan wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

is booney, Rucci??

Lol maybe....

We/I/he/us can neither confirm nor deny this. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:48 pm

kickinit wrote:

:roll:
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:47 pm

JK wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:First presentation from the sanfl to the clubs was that the Footy Park land would sell for $300M.

So only $229M short then.

Im glad someone brought this up because Id like to know why the valuation has dropped so deamatically too??

I believe the landscape has changed since initial valuations, with council not allowing as many apartments as were first desired, but surely that doesn't equate to $200mil+ difference??

SANFL hand has been forced, they need to sell quickly to quit debt, as Westpac decided there is only so long financiers will keep supporting the SANFL's debt.

If they don't take $71m now then who knows what they might get if they don't sell. Might not even cover the debt, which is what most probably would have happened if they could not transfer the debt away from Westpac.

Im not sure people realise how dire the SANFL's position has been, they could have lost everything very easily. Decades of work gone.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3571 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Dutchy wrote:
JK wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:First presentation from the sanfl to the clubs was that the Footy Park land would sell for $300M.

So only $229M short then.

Im glad someone brought this up because Id like to know why the valuation has dropped so deamatically too??

I believe the landscape has changed since initial valuations, with council not allowing as many apartments as were first desired, but surely that doesn't equate to $200mil+ difference??

SANFL hand has been forced, they need to sell quickly to quit debt, as Westpac decided there is only so long financiers will keep supporting the SANFL's debt.

If they don't take $71m now then who knows what they might get if they don't sell. Might not even cover the debt, which is what most probably would have happened if they could not transfer the debt away from Westpac.

Im not sure people realise how dire the SANFL's position has been, they could have lost everything very easily. Decades of work gone.

Am I the only one who finds the $71 million price tag more unbelievable than the SACA election result.

WHo brought it Mclachlan/Dimitriou Real Estate Pty LTd.

Whats thats $10 per square metre.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:25 pm

UK Fan wrote:Am I the only one who finds the $71 million price tag more unbelievable than the SACA election result.

WHo brought it Mclachlan/Dimitriou Real Estate Pty LTd.

Whats thats $10 per square metre.

Pfft, what rock you been hiding under???

Don't you know it's just a soul-less concrete bowl that no one liked and the reason why football in this state stagnated over the last 20 years....

Haven't you been reading the AFLdvertiser and watching Channels Port over the last decade???

Run it down and they won't come
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1831 times

Postby Mark_Beswick » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:26 pm

A going concern is always worth more with when in use.

Ie) A Hotel may be worth several million dollars but should the business be moved, then the assett is land value (and building) only. Hence whicle crows, sanfl, port played at Footy Park, it had catering, game day, advertising..... which gave it a value significantly higher than 71M. Upon moving to AO, its value became land only.
Mark_Beswick
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby stan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:54 am

Mark_Beswick wrote:A going concern is always worth more with when in use.

Ie) A Hotel may be worth several million dollars but should the business be moved, then the assett is land value (and building) only. Hence whicle crows, sanfl, port played at Footy Park, it had catering, game day, advertising..... which gave it a value significantly higher than 71M. Upon moving to AO, its value became land only.

Really? Surely it was valued on land value. I cant see and developers being interested in catering or advertising.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL