The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

Postby PhilH » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:57 pm

I think 15K is an unrealistic goal for this week, next week maybe.

Less than 6K turned up to the first week of finals last year ... I would say a crowd of around 12,000 would please the league

and get them in range of passing the 2012 total figure.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Tech1 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:03 pm

As mentioned with the novelty factor of Adelaide Oval, new timeslot, increased coverage this year, two of the biggest clubs in the league playing each other, the league should be aiming for close to 20,000 this week. Will be interesting to see if the crowd the following week gets bigger or smaller. I'd be interested to know the crowds for the last few years for minor finals at Adelaide Oval before it went to Football Park.
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:03 pm

PhilH wrote:I think 15K is an unrealistic goal for this week, next week maybe.

Less than 6K turned up to the first week of finals last year ... I would say a crowd of around 12,000 would please the league

I guess we will see, hoping its over 15k tomorrow but are concerned at the new time slot. Not sure running up against country and ammos finals are a great idea, no idea what crowds ammos get these days but id suspect maybe 2k at the country final ill be at tomorrow. Will still get down there but probably will be close to 1/2 Time
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3565 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:06 pm

Tech1 wrote:As mentioned with the novelty factor of Adelaide Oval, new timeslot, increased coverage this year, two of the biggest clubs in the league playing each other, the league should be aiming for close to 20,000 this week. Will be interesting to see if the crowd the following week gets bigger or smaller. I'd be interested to know the crowds for the last few years for minor finals at Adelaide Oval before it went to Football Park.

Yeah I reckon all of the stars have aligned perfectly for this weekend.

25 degrees and sunny as well
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2540 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:07 pm

PhilH wrote:I think 15K is an unrealistic goal for this week, next week maybe.

I said 10 at the start of the week but sitting around the table of wise men today the consciences was 15K. Not sure who posted the breakdown before but I can see it being something like...
Norwood 5
Sturt 4
Eagles 2
South 2
Neutral/novelty/freebies/drunken sports fans 2

That gets us to 15. Weather forecast is good and tickets are very reasonable. Could see a lot of families. They pull 25,000 to a strikers game with a similar time-slot. I think this weekends crowd will suprise you.

Most importantly Philbert, I will be there :D
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL