SANFL MRP News & Discussions

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Postby SDK » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:36 pm

I think it was a sickening, gutless effort and 7 weeks is slightly lenient but probably around the mark.
As stated previously the Centrals players reaction was very disappointing. Imagine that happening when the Gowans boys were playing Grocke would have joined Simes in hospital. Watch your back when you play Centrals again Grocke.
The next time this player is found guilty of something similar his career should be terminated. Would be no loss to football.
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby jim5112 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:17 am

SDK wrote:I think it was a sickening, gutless effort and 7 weeks is slightly lenient but probably around the mark.
As stated previously the Centrals players reaction was very disappointing. Imagine that happening when the Gowans boys were playing Grocke would have joined Simes in hospital. Watch your back when you play Centrals again Grocke.
The next time this player is found guilty of something similar his career should be terminated. Would be no loss to football.

If he gets to sixteen he would be over the lifetime limit and automatically banned.

He is on eleven now, so five weeks out or more would be a lifetime suspension, wouldn't it?

I wasn't at the game, but on the footage I saw it looked more unco than vicious to me.
jim5112
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby wild dog » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:38 am

Seven weeks, probably right but no one wins. An act like that deserves retribution, and I would hope that the club responds appropriately.

Pede poena claudo.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby holden78 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:36 am

Aerie wrote:Elizabeth Oval, Round 14, Sat 19th July 2:10pm. Look forward to seeing holden78 with his number 14 Eagles guernsey standing on the members wing.

7 weeks, can't argue with that. Big loss to the Eagles given his role as a 2nd ruckman as well as forward this season.

Why would I stand there surrounded by Dog Turds, even a dozen cans of Glen 20 wouldn't do f a

Anyhow 7 weeks is total B S, two or three more than it really deserved. Look at some of the facts that get ignored conveniently like no striking charge, no broken bones, the guy has been concussed 8 previous times not by Grocke!, suspended for 4 games in a 150 plus career ( wow, that's less than the Clowans mouths ).
A few whingers on 5 double Crow and it's the crime of the decade for a day until the Candys lose again.
No bloody wonder GM has had enough and can't get out quick enough with all the WHINGERS roaming the suburbs of the SANFL.
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby holden78 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:55 am

SDK wrote:I think it was a sickening, gutless effort and 7 weeks is slightly lenient but probably around the mark.

Following Eagles v Dogs games in the past, as you wouldn't have, the Clowns boys did all the damage with the ball and mouth.
Your little boy fantasy might have cum true in the first few GF years but after 04, we've had the pleasure of Lindsay, Treeby, Cicca, Grieger, Parry, Grocke,Hall, Rimmington and Potter! I think we might be ok ;)
holden78
League - Best 21

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:59 am

filthy dog act, lucky to get just 7...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby DOC » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:01 am

Big Phil wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:One of the things I've found strange out of this is that there was no remonstration from anyone - not a flicker of a reaction - from Eagles players from the initial incident. You can read into that the players around the incident felt it was an unfortunate accident and not malicious. So why the reaction from Grocke?

After it became obvious Andrew Ainger was likely to be stretchered off and the play came to a halt, at the umpires call, the two respective sides gathered in their seperate huddles, as is usually the case...

Coming out of the goal square at the southern end, Michael Wundke (of course a former South team mate of Ainger and a close friend) did try and sound Collier out for a little bit of a bump and niggle...

Michael led the charge against Andrew whilst at South after the Kirk incident. It was because of this that Andrew wanted out.They may be team mates but I don't think Andrew holds Michael in any positive regard.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 743 times
Been liked: 2112 times

Postby bulldogproud2 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:07 am

I think the tribunal got it about right. My initial thoughts were somewhere between 6 and 8 so 7 does seem spot on. I must admit that my memory of the incident was somewhat incorrect though, perhaps being seen through 'blue, red and white eyes'. I was thinking the hit was later than it was. Sorry about that.

Grocke will certainly have to be careful once he gets back on the field now though. Having been reported 7 times in the past 5 seasons, his record is probably the worst in the SANFL. Will need to change his ways to avoid being the first player scrubbed out through suspensions. Hard to believe, and very lucky for Adam, that he apparently was not reported at all in his first seven seasons. His actions are certainly being noticed now.
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby holden78 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:18 am

bulldogproud2 wrote:I think the tribunal got it about right. My initial thoughts were somewhere between 6 and 8 so 7 does seem spot on. I must admit that my memory of the incident was somewhat incorrect though, perhaps being seen through 'blue, red and white eyes'. I was thinking the hit was later than it was. Sorry about that.

Grocke will certainly have to be careful once he gets back on the field now though. Having been reported 7 times in the past 5 seasons, his record is probably the worst in the SANFL. Will need to change his ways to avoid being the first player scrubbed out through suspensions. Hard to believe, and very lucky for Adam, that he apparently was not reported at all in his first seven seasons. His actions are certainly being noticed now.

What rubbish, do any of you old tarts realise that the guy who dropped the poor lad on his head and paralysed him in that rugby match recently got banned for 7 games! That's 777777777777777777777777777777
Talk about an over-reaction ffs
holden78
League - Best 21

Postby holden78 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:23 am

DOC wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:One of the things I've found strange out of this is that there was no remonstration from anyone - not a flicker of a reaction - from Eagles players from the initial incident. You can read into that the players around the incident felt it was an unfortunate accident and not malicious. So why the reaction from Grocke?

After it became obvious Andrew Ainger was likely to be stretchered off and the play came to a halt, at the umpires call, the two respective sides gathered in their seperate huddles, as is usually the case...

Coming out of the goal square at the southern end, Michael Wundke (of course a former South team mate of Ainger and a close friend) did try and sound Collier out for a little bit of a bump and niggle...

Michael led the charge against Andrew whilst at South after the Kirk incident. It was because of this that Andrew wanted out.They may be team mates but I don't think Andrew holds Michael in any positive regard.

I think you will find at the Eagles they as partying around the traps and having a good time.
No issue, sorry 8)
holden78
League - Best 21

Postby FlyingHigh » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:33 am

bulldogproud2 wrote:I think the tribunal got it about right. My initial thoughts were somewhere between 6 and 8 so 7 does seem spot on. I must admit that my memory of the incident was somewhat incorrect though, perhaps being seen through 'blue, red and white eyes'. I was thinking the hit was later than it was. Sorry about that.

It has been a worrying trend, though mainly minor indiscretions up till now, and in fairness one of those reports (v South in 2010) was a rubbish report and may even have been withdrawn IIRC.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 176 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:21 am

holden78 wrote:

What rubbish, do any of you old tarts realise that the guy who dropped the poor lad on his head and paralysed him in that rugby match recently got banned for 7 games! That's 777777777777777777777777777777

Yes, that makes sense, compare another sport's judiciary to the SANFL tribunal. :roll:
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:23 am

Seven weeks seems fair by me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:33 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
holden78 wrote:

Yes, that makes sense, compare another sport's judiciary to the SANFL tribunal. :roll:

Incorrect. Nothing holden ever says makes sense.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Eagles Nest » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:05 am

Crows and Pear must have lost on the weekend for 5AA (and Dumb and Dumber in particular) to give this incident the air time it has. Even Jane Reilly had her say this morning and I doubt if she has followed the SANFL competition for years. As soon as there is a negative story out there the media jump on board.
Eagles Nest
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Ted E Bear » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:17 am

I agree Eag. First time MMM have mentioned the SANFL too
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times

Postby cennals05 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:53 am

Eagles Nest wrote:Crows and Pear must have lost on the weekend for 5AA (and Dumb and Dumber in particular) to give this incident the air time it has. Even Jane Reilly had her say this morning and I doubt if she has followed the SANFL competition for years. As soon as there is a negative story out there the media jump on board.

And after finding out Symes and Grocke are friends off the field, Jane suggested maybe the incident was playful. :shock:

As for Rowey lets just say he may have received a phone call from one of his mates down at the Eagles, hence his defence of Grocke yesterday.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:56 am

This is the first sign of increased media attention that was promised when the AFL reserves joined the competition.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:18 pm

[quote="Eagles Nest"]Crows and Pear must have lost on the weekend for 5AA (and Dumb and Dumber in particular) to give this incident the air time it has. Even Jane Reilly had her say this morning and I doubt if she has followed the SANFL competition for years. As soon as there is a negative story out there the media jump on board.[/quote,

Well when the power lose they normally have plenty to talk about but since the crows have been nothing short of a disgrace to SA football they have needed something elsr to crap on about.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:05 pm

stan wrote:
Eagles Nest wrote:Crows and Pear must have lost on the weekend for 5AA (and Dumb and Dumber in particular) to give this incident the air time it has. Even Jane Reilly had her say this morning and I doubt if she has followed the SANFL competition for years. As soon as there is a negative story out there the media jump on board.[/quote,

Well when the power lose they normally have plenty to talk about but since the crows have been nothing short of a disgrace to SA football they have needed something elsr to crap on about.

what a SOOK :evil:
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1434 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL