Search found 458 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

people are dying everyday, and you guys deem celebrations and happy times in peoples lives, as false and impure

next season could be your last and if you win the div 2 flag then you conquered every challenge put to you and my friends you deserve a massive week on the piss you also deserve season of memories to cherish for the rest of your life

if the whole of the SFL is as bitter as you two fellas then good times are far far away for anyone

football = recreation

recreation is a happiness that takes our minds away from the fact we're all dying

dont deny the greatness of achieving all that can be achieved, as you are belittling those who are already dead.

OK. You've either still been on a bender for way too long, or you have lost your namesake.
On one hand you say football is a recreation and on the other you talk about the ":greatness of achieving all that can be achieved". Which is it?
And yes, we are all dying, or you can look at it the opposite way is that I am living longer every day. No bitterness here, just reality.
by afc9798
Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

My opinion as a follower of Echunga.

1. I was and am still against us going up to Central.

Why: It's not because i want the club to stay in Country for ever , I don't. I believe it is an admirable goal for the club to want to go up to the next level, but when we are ready as a club.
My feelings are we should take 12 months and really plan for it.
A. our B grade scraped into the finals in country.
B. Under 17's won one game.
C. Under 15's missed finals.
D. No under 13's.
E. Extra cost in running a Central Division A grade team.

Yes our A grade was undefeated, but the rest of the club needs some serious building to compete as a club at Central Division.
Cliche : "The house will fall without good foundations".

BUT,

The club had a meeting and voted to go up. The HFL voted it through or to continue with the promotion / relegation system effectively voting it through.
Then at the eleventh hour the HFL used a loophole to deny it .
So despite the fact, as an individual Echunga follower who thinks we could use 12 months to plan for promotion it does on the surface look poorly handled to say the least by the HFL members on the board involved in the decission making.

On the Mt.Lofty comments. It is completely understandable they would leave no stone unturned to do what is best for their club. The final outcome lies solely with the HFL. It is not a Echunga vs Lofty situation but a question of the rules and playing conditions in which all HFL clubs need to operate under.

My two cents worth.
by The Panther
Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its all too late now isn't it? I mean any amendments had to be made at the AGM for the coming season didn't they?

It would be near impossible to judge a country club by their total club points; what happens if Maccy or Gums have a break out year recruiting wise and then we're back here.
The HFL should just bank on Kersbrook taking the Country title and Echunga not coming bottom...

As stated before, I think the HFL should copy the SAAFL no questions asked . If the HFL trully believes that as a collective it has the product to offer the best league in the state then they have to fill the void between the two divisions.

One negative aspect of the SAAFL promotion/relegation system is at times B Grade sides endure a few years of being pummeled since they follow the A grades success as the club moves up the grades. This was such a problem with clubs C grade sides that the SAAFL now have a stand alone promotion/relegation system for the C grade competition.

Also, our juniors have no bearing on the senior clubs since they play on Sundays. Seems that a simple up/down system based on the A grade results may not fit what the Hills Footy Leagues need.
by Fricky
Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think to be promoted it should be : Win A grade premiership plus finish top of club championship. This would ensure that the club coming up is strong across the entire club.
Relegation criteria to remain the same.
by The Panther
Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Cracka, You're a halfwit.
Think that sums up the argument nicely
The fact that you had to resort to that sums you up more. Not allowed to have an opinion unless it is the same as yours eh.

Welcome to the world of SANIMBY.NET Cracka. A veritable plethora of football intellect, all represented by the Ostrich.
by beenreal
Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

BTW, I became a born again Carlton fan after the Crows succeed in their muscle drive into the SANFL. I followed Carlton until the moment the VFL invaded the SANFL, now the Crows have committed the same sin, I cannot follow them any longer .
The AFL is nowhere near as important for me as the SANFL, I wouldn't swap clubs otherwise.
I still say you're questions ARE irrelevant to my ORIGINAL POST.
The AFL reserves sides playing in the SANFL IS an agreed upon deal, it was voted in by 6 of 8 clubs (which was the majority needed). The SANFL may well have had a long resistance to the AFL, but not anymore, again it was them that agreed to letting the crows & power reserves in. They had the chance to say no but didn't.
In my opinion the VFA became the second best comp in Victoria the moment the VFL/AFL pushed it's reserves into the VFA and everyone changed names.
If you don't follow Carlton any longer (your words) then my original post is not aimed at you. The line before that however says you are a born again Carlton follower so you've contradicted yourself a bit.
You also say the crows have committed the same sin as the VFL (which is Carlton included) actually backs up what I've said, the crows & power have done the same as the other now AFL/then VFL clubs.
How about we agree to disagree so this can get back on topic. I say its hypocrisy, you say its not. We are both allowed our opinions.

Yes I think we're going to end up disagreeing. That's fair enough. But I'll give it one more go.
Your original post was about hypocrisy. Some posters have a go at the Crows for doing what their own nominated AFL club does. My points have mainly been describing how the two situations are different (ie. AFL involvement in the VFL vs the Crows' SANFL push). The reason for this is that if the two situations are different, then posters cannot be accused of hypocrisy for treating the two situations differently.
If you follow, and agree with the above then you'll also understand the relevance of my posts to your original argument.

BTW I was using the term "born again Carlton fan" as meaning originally a Carlton fan, and now a Carlton fan again. My stint as a Crows fan signified a period where Victoria (not Carlton on its own, my understanding is that the Vic clubs were against expansion) did all it could to force the SANFL into joining. My beef then was with the AFL hierarchy, personified by everything Victorian, and South Australia being represented by the Crows. I carried a soft spot for Carlton all these years but I never held them responsible for what happened, it was just that a team more relevant to my situation appeared. But that situation no longer exists. I do hold the Crows responsible for this final insult, they're far more culpable than Carlton ever were (as Ian put it so well "they were operating within a system created by the AFL", hence blame lays with them, not the individual clubs, hence difference, hence relevance, hence not hypocrisy).
Anyway, it's all done and dusted now and we will see if it all turns out so bad or not.
P.S. You are a good many rungs of the ladder above Beeny. I don't even bother with him anymore. Everything's about how everyone's picking on Port, or how Port saved the SANFL or he's hanging shit on the entire SANFL comp. Dancing a little jig at our misery.
by therisingblues
Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

ricki keen from cougers, will be having a delayed pre season as he has done some serious damage to one of his hand. im led to believe it may be from chronic masterbation. it will be a long slow recovery as he still has no feeling in his hand
by Nocyrils
Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL C Grade discussion

Would be great to have Sedan-Cambrai in C Grade if that's correct. I don't think either Club will mind the road trip. Very disappointing Callington imploded without entertaining the idea of Cs which would have kept the Club alive.
by Hear the roar
Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

South dominated the 1890's with 6 flags wouldn't that make everyone after that a copy?

Personally I think flags won before federation have far greater weight to them and everything after is just so cheap and nasty after the colonies sold there soul to federalism!!!!
by Panther Pack
Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

People that leave trolleys in car park spaces should be shot.
by Squids
Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Things that give you the sh1ts

Idiots who throw cigarette butts out of the car window, especially the fat mole who did it today in 43 degree heat on Port Wakefield Rd.
by Jim05
Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Supporters that live in the state of SA but whinge about the amount of media coverage around the crows and power.
What do you expect...
by Ron Burgundy
Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Damn you auto correct.

I once typed out a message for the missus along the lines of "I'm running late, start dinner without me" and autocorrect changed it to "YOU RUINED MY LIFE YOU DIRTY *#$@!". Needless to say I had to camp on the sofa that night. Damn you autocorrect...
by Pseudo
Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

why do you dickheads even watch, if all you do is complain?

personally i think its awesome that there has been cricket on almost every night of the summer. sure its not as good as test cricket, not by a long shot, but that doesnt mean you cant enjoy it for what it is.
by bennymacca
Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott Watch

The fact that you are equating shopping checkout etiquette to a refugee camp where people get raped and get HIV is just a little ignorant. I really do encourage you to watch the go back to where you came from show, I'm sure it will change your mind.

Isn't that whom ever is in charge of that camps fault?
by The Sleeping Giant
Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Port Adelaide Magpies are dead.
Port Adelaide Football Club is alive and after getting hand out after hand out now seem to be on the right track.

Anyway my mum who grew up with Alberton Oval has supported Port Magpies all her life until this decision was made. Her opinion is the name and colours say one thing but it's really the Port Power Reserves and given the decision the Power made which has ended the Magpies tradition.
So she has decided to follow Port Power in the AFL and will jump ship to Glenelg in the SANFL as a majority of the family follow Glenelg.

Some Magpies fans never supported the Power so I can understand why they would walk away as the Power have taken their side over and ruined the tradition for them.

Going to games will not have the same feel as you know you are going to watch a Reserves side and when you look at he number of Power and Crows players that could only make Reserves standard there is no way it's going to be the same.
by Tiger Couple
Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Cfs volunteers
by BoundaryRider84
Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

You bewdy, they've finally worked out WorkCover is fu##ed and how to fix it :YMPARTY:
It's such a simple plan, one wonders why it's taken so long :^o
SPUDS
by Jimmy_041
Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Oldest Current SANFL League Side

Meh... I thought this was a thread about which current side had the oldest average age in players :roll:
by johntheclaret
Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shark Culling - Yes or No?

God no - killing sharks makes us no better than the Japs killing whales and the Chinese slaughtering dolphins.

In fact, it makes us even worse because we have NO purpose for killing them.
by Footy Chick
Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Accidentally ate a black jelly bean ffs I want to die.

:vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom:
by Squids
Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Schapelle Corby
Am I the only one who doesnt care if the mole steps back in this country. Stay in Bali and keep your horse faced sister with you
by Jim05
Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

it was a disgrace they were going to sell them

Course it wasn't a disgrace. They have done it for every other commemorative jumper.

Only heard this third hand, but apparently kochie said on radio that we should be more pissed off at the SANFL for ticking this off than at the crows for coming up with the suggestion, and I tend to agree. Never should have been allowed in the first place.

Spot on Macca- the fact that the SANFL allowed it to happen is pretty average. Whicker's "no comments" gave me the sh*ts too- someone at the SANFL needs to be made accountable for a glaring administrative error.
by valleys07
Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

it was a disgrace they were going to sell them

Course it wasn't a disgrace. They have done it for every other commemorative jumper.

Only heard this third hand, but apparently kochie said on radio that we should be more pissed off at the SANFL for ticking this off than at the crows for coming up with the suggestion, and I tend to agree. Never should have been allowed in the first place.
by bennymacca
Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:Both teams to finish bottom two, too many turnovers

Port for the spoon, lock it in

Since you became a full time troll I find your posts easier to ignore. :lol:

but I get more "likes" now!!!
by am Bays
Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Soooooo, all you blokes bagging her, would simply say no if she offered herself to you????

Personally i reckon she goes alright... Seems like one of the nicest athletes going around... Genuinely nice person...

http://www.theextremescene.com/theextremescene.com/sites/default/files/Torah.jpg
by woodublieve12
Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: peoples thoughts on mr thomson?????

At least Craig Thompson COULD organize a root in a brothel.

Can't say the same for many of his former colleagues...
by Magpiespower
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Ravers and the Benny Hill theme...

by Magpiespower
Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Anyone else notice most Crows and Port supporters lack a sense of humour.

Both sets of supporters were in fits of laughter watching GWS smash the over rated Swans last weekend :lol: it's just most of your "cannabis comedy" just is not funny
by wristwatcher
Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Umpiring was good.... wait. what?

I completely agree that the umpiring was much better. The rule that still needs to be 'fixed' IMO is the holding the ball where a guy takes possession (more often than not, on the ground) and gets jumped on by a heap of players. The ball gets held in and they get pinged. Shocking rule and does nothing for the game.
by gadj1976
Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eric 2014

Bit unfair to keep referring to supporters with a different viewpoint to you as sheep. It's derogatory and suggests anyone who doesn't agree with you should be insulted. And you deride Trigg's tactics, what's the difference?

Here's some observations though.
How many clubs have had an AGM since they voted for AFL Reserves into the SANFL?
How many of those board members have been voted off because of their decision to vote Yes to the AFL Reserves?
I know at North the only board member to vote no to the AFL Reserves was not re-elected?
The Crows are paying $50k per club. How many memberships does that equate to?
Sponsorship is paying for CH7. How much did ABC2 cost the clubs last year.
How much additional ground advertising will the clubs get as a result of CH7

If you think by not attending you are going to make a difference well......
Every member had a chance to make their stand at every AGM.
Talking about getting rid of the bye, I could suggest that leaving the SANFL as it was would have gotten rid of the bye alright. But not just by losing Port. I think you might have added Sturt, West and possibly Glenelg to that list.

Still a 6 club comp would get rid of the bye and what's sacraficing a couple of SANFL clubs if it means winning the No AFL Reserves argument
by johntheclaret
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Navy intercepts seventh boat of asylum-seekers in two mo

Indonesia should do their part to stop it also.
by The Sleeping Giant
Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

these keyboard warriors are terrible least us trolls have some respect :)
by Robb_Stark
Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

As much as I was not in favour of the two afl teams having reserves sides in the sanfl. Those sanfl supporters who continually bagg the clubs are generally other afl club supporters. Now please bear in mind most afl clubs have reserves in the state league competition.Are you happy that they have invaded the old vfa as well or is that differant.
by philcas
Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty simple, TB. Numerous people on this forum who were at the game have said that there were less than 500 Crow supporters at the game. You can choose to believe them, or to believe Triggy.
Yeah coz the numerous people on this forum are not bias in any way & wouldn't lie.
Trust the people that were there! If they did have more than 500 there it would have been even more embarrassing the lack of noise they put out. Mind you we did put them in their place pretty early on both on and off the field. Made them welcome as a bad bout of herpes! ;)
I trust the forum users to be as honest & unbiased as Trigg.

About as trustworthy as a turncoat, was only a month ago you were a Suns supporter
by daysofourlives
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't really agree with crows bias in the tiser - their chief football writer is a huge port man.

Contrary to what idiots like jim think I haven't seen anyone rate the crows that highly. Bottom half of the eight if we play well has always been the best case scenario

Jenkins played really well today, forward line looked much better with him giving a contest and betts and pods also looked dangerous
by bennymacca
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol jim you are possibly the grumpiest old dick ever. Of course st Kilda aren't flash but the crows still played well. And everyone thought it was a 50-50 game.
by bennymacca
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood calls for fourth interchange player

Rules pertaining to juniors are different in most sports, but a direct comparison would be test vs shield cricket. Not too many major changes except game length. Back to footy, the NEAFL is administered directly by the afl. Does anyone know if their rules are different?
Not sure but the last thing I want is for the SANFL not to be umpired the same way as the AFL.I like that deliberate out of bounds is rarely paid and a defender can kick it 40m up the line knowing he wont be pinged, I much prefer our holding the ball rule and like the 25m penalty. Lets not change for the sake of it
by Jim05
Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

I think you may have come into this half way through it as Level 1 coaching accreditation for a modis coach is the base of why I started this whole conversation.

You are probably the perfect person to answer this as you have coached modis & done the course as have I.

Should a modis coach have to do the Level 1 accreditation or is an introductory coaching accreditation sufficient. Personally I think the introductory course is sufficient as the Level 1 is aimed at U13's & up & doesn't have anything to do with coaching modis IMO.

No, it has no relevance, I think they just tie it all in together for convenience & generally a police clearance check is associated with it. I learnt nothing from the session and switched off when the speaker suggested teaching kids to kick with both feet is not recommended.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its great for footy. People who cant see that are just looking for a bite.
by Go Sharks
Thu May 01, 2014 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cracka wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Crows has done something the power hasn't yet. Beat a fully fit top 4 side :)

While it was a good win, I wouldn't call the suns a genuine top 4 side. Ports wins are still more impressive.

:LOL: i know mate... But they were in the top 4 before yesterday :)
by woodublieve12
Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally I think Country div is all but stuffed already.

Kersbrook to Barossa
Kangarilla to Southern
Maccy / Meadows combine - play Central
Gums / Birdwood combine - play Central
Nairne - play Central
Sedan to Barossa (or anywhere closer to them)
Blackwood to Amateurs

12 team Central Div:
Uraidla
Mt Barker
Hahndorf
Onkas
Echunga
Lobethal
Nairne
Bridgewater
Ironbank
TV
McMeadows
Birderacha

Hope I haven't missed anyone :)

Combining into one division - don't do it!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cracka wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
cracka wrote:We have to bite the bullet & drop Rutten & Pods

Is that you Ricciuto? :lol:

Nah, Ricciuto wouldn't be on here, he hates negative people & the negativity you get from forums like this.

It's not negative.. it's "constructive criticism" :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

love the footy show... Very much like getting home after footy and watching it... Don't have an issue with any of them.
by woodublieve12
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cracka wrote:The chick that played in last nights legends game and not for her football ability. I'd slot one through her uprights.

I wouldn't even mind scoring a behind either...
by HH3
Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would just like to have sex with her
by Johno6
Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What about Spoiling her from behind
by helicopterking
Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never Tear Up our Tarps *

Don’t ask us
What we know is true
Don’t have to tell us
We’ve blown our golden start

We
We were flying
We were there
Top four was calling
I hope they never tear up our Tarps!

We could play
Against any team
Easy to hurt us
Just say One Nineteen

I told you
The Oval’s a hit
But if we don’t have wins
It will all turn to shiiiiit!

We
We were flying
We were there
Top four was calling
I hope they never tear up our Tarps!

regards,

REB

*apologies to INXS
Wrong thread. :oops:

No mate, right thread. I didn't even know Port fans could read. :)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |