Search found 413 matches

Return

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

bennymacca wrote:
cracka wrote:I cant remember which Brodie they said now.they were talking that much shit.

So it seems to me you are the one talking rubbish now?

You could be right. :oops:
by cracka
Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

daysofourlives wrote:
matt35 wrote:Haha wondered who'd be the first to clutch that straw! Not a bad crowd for 8th v bottom on a Saturday afternoon!

Yeah Saturday afternoon, what a crap timeslot for a game of SANFL footy :roll:

It is if you're involved in Amateur/Country footy.
by cracka
Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

How many arguing this isn't a footy-related story posted on the Liam Jurrah threads?
If I saw an untitled link in a thread started about Jurrahs court case and it was entitled "Former Demons player Liam Jurrah acquitted of charges in NT" I probably wouldn't be surprised if it was about his court case as opposed to an untitled link in a thread started to discuss who's coaching Glenelg in 2014.

Easy solution to avoid confusion as already suggested, put a small summary of what the link entails. I don't think that's asking too much?
Absolutely. If I see another link without a description I'm going to F***en lose it. :D
by cracka
Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week #1

whufc wrote:
cracka wrote:
whufc wrote:When is the Crows game on!

Same time as Centrals. :D

Yeah but after 15 years straight out kidneys need a break from all the alcohol.

We also weren't self proclaimed premiership favs every week lol

Cool story bro.
by cracka
Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:When is the Crows game on!

Same time as Centrals. :D
by cracka
Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:Hawks v Swans GF coming up.

Its both their premierships to lose. :D
by cracka
Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Wow. If we thought the promotion/relegation debate last year was interesting, this will be even more hotly debated. Intetesting times ahead.
by cracka
Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

Yep, now Port fans know how us crows felt 2 years ago, beaten by Hawthorn in a prelim final by less than a goal.
by cracka
Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 AFL Grand Final - Sydney v Hawthorn

It really comes down to which smug b****** we can tolerate for 6 months, either daysie or wub12. :)
by cracka
Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The HFL board only administer the league, the clubs actually govern it.

Again the HFL has no power to change the rules, its the clubs that do that.

We are not a laughing stock, if anyone or any club feels this then F*** off to another league. The constitution would be similar to other leagues, its the by-laws (which the clubs vote in) that are different & are again governed by the CLUBS. Get that through your heads, the CLUBS govern the league & can change the by-laws. The HFL has no vote on this.

There was meant to be a big board spill & vote of no confidence at last year but no one had the balls to VOLUNTEER their time & cop the crap for the CLUBS getting it wrong.

Legsman, you better put your hand up at the AGM & volunteer to get on the board as they AGAIN will be looking for helpers, then you may have your eyes opened as to how things are actually done in the HFL.
by cracka
Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The HFL board only administer the league, the clubs actually govern it.

Again the HFL has no power to change the rules, its the clubs that do that.

We are not a laughing stock , if anyone or any club feels this then F*** off to another league. The constitution would be similar to other leagues, its the by-laws (which the clubs vote in) that are different & are again governed by the CLUBS. Get that through your heads, the CLUBS govern the league & can change the by-laws. The HFL has no vote on this.

There was meant to be a big board spill & vote of no confidence at last year but no one had the balls to VOLUNTEER their time & cop the crap for the CLUBS getting it wrong.

Legsman, you better put your hand up at the AGM & volunteer to get on the board as they AGAIN will be looking for helpers, then you may have your eyes opened as to how things are actually done in the HFL.

:shock: :lol:
Mate, all leagues have issues that seem ridiculous & make them look like a laughing stock, the problem is people would rather whinge about them or suggest something but not actually put their hand up to help. That was one major problem that came out of the review.
by cracka
Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tippett + Buddy = No flag

I'm freebagging at the minute. :)
by cracka
Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I rate not having to cart hay this year after selling the property & moving back into Woodside. Really rate looking at all the paddocks with hay baled & knowing I don't have to do it. :D
by cracka
Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Foo Fighters Sonic Highways. These guys are keeping real music alive.
by cracka
Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

carey wrote:That old chest nut......

Its not that old, was only 2 years ago :D
by cracka
Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree with the above. Points limits the number of players a club can recruit and drives up the price as clubs enter the market to bid for the services of the 'higher calibre players'. Its essentially a supply and demand scenario that inturn flows into the lower calibre players. Previously, a club could recurit a group of 6 or so mates/people who had played together or wanted to play at the same club and of course they cannot afford to pay them all big $$$ and they were more likely to pay for less if they could all play together. Points system only allows a small amount of players to be recurited at a time, so a lot harder for these 'groups' to be attracted to a club at the same time. There is also the other spin offs that these recurits if they stay and their points go down then also have a barganing chip to increase their payments or the club is forced to use more points to replace a player worth low points. Locals or junior players also have this barganing chip. Scrap the points system and let the well managed clubs be successful.
Dont get well managed clubs confused with clubs who have a major benefector that throws money at them,thats probably what has driven the prices up just as much as the APPS.
by cracka
Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Never done this before so hope this link works

by cracka
Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One word sums up the HFL - JOKE!!!

I hoped that both the clubs and HFL would realise the best option - which was to count finals accumulated points.

Self centred decision by clubs voting against it and one which is insane.

They were all given the best option for the competition as a whole - backed with legal consultation and didn't take it.

Common sense and an opportunity to put this all behind them and get on with next season - but alas they couldn't comprehend this.

Unbelievably the clubs voted only a month ago that points from finals count when allocating apps points for the next season.

This leaves me shaking my head in disbelief - WTF!

Other points obviously not taken into consideration:

Uneven playing field with respect to TV who were allocated more points on a whim by the HFL - disgraceful again particularly when the HFL stated that no extra points would be allocated as of the start of the 2014 season.
Allowing TV to host the important second round match when their sad excuse for an oval wasn't fit for a pig to wallow in is another example.
The parameters apparently set by the HFL in this instance were not fulfilled by TV but the league still allowed them to play there.

A reduced preparation time for Echunga going into Central was also another determining factor which was obviously not taken into account when voting.

Interesting times ahead as I can assure everyone that Echunga will not take this decision as the finality of the relegation case.

Why would clubs and the HFL put themselves in this predicament when they know full well the legal standing with respect to the by laws within the constitution.

It seems legal opinion has been totally disregarded in this instance - the concerned parties obviously know better.

The decision by all parties concerned is one they should hang their heads in shame for.

I hope they are prepared for what is to come.
Legsman, you might have to take some personal responsibility for the decision against Echunga. When I first got onto the forum I didn't realise how many people actually read it. My identity is not an alias & a lot of people (not on this forum) have recently said to me that you have done more damage than help to Echungas cause with your constant rants against the HFL & other clubs.
by cracka
Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

whufc wrote:
DOC wrote:Whre is the silver as per the club song?

Hehehe

Wouldn't be to many clubs in world sport who don't wear a colour in any of their playing outfit that's in their club song/anthem etc etc

;)

Still better than the Crows first club song.
by cracka
Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs Man please stop preaching to all involved in Hills Football regarding debacles involving promotion and relegation - we are all sick of it. Your club has pi$$ed off most others with your actions!!

The clubs set the by-laws every year and then vote on any amendments/full scale changes as needed. The HFL are there to observe and govern by the laws set down by the clubs. You and your club know this - as do all other clubs.

I don't want to start you off again on another crap rant or attack as we have all read your posts for far too long now. This is nothing to do with the HFL! We all knew the rules - the bottom CLUB is relegated from Central whenever the top TEAM seeks promotion - this is how you got into Central in the first place - by these same rules which your club is now in court trying to change!! If Kersbrook had have won last years GF your club would still be in Central as they have no interest in playing in Central. Lofty win - your CLUB is the WEAKEST overall so you go back to Country -* STUPID !!

edited for accuracy ;)

Its not stupid, it actually promotes a league that worries about all grades rather than just the A grade which is short sighted and ridiculous in my opinion. There are other reasons why echunga should stay up as ive already stated, but the rules arent crazy and echunga knew the rules before they come up and they actually agreed to them.

It is Stupid, no doubt you are from one of the BIG clubs that dont have to worry about ever being relegated because your population guarantees that, Or you are from TV who were short on juniors so the HFL allowed you permits for overagers thus distorting these results and allowing you to stay up much like the extra points given to TV.
If u want relegation to work you have to have an equal playing field where ALL clubs are treated exactly the same
Now I know there's something wrong if you & WUB12 are on the same side. :D
by cracka
Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Anyone who thinks umpires are sh*t should grow some balls & take up umpiring. I F***** dare ya. :)
by cracka
Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: F***ing Umpires

Its great to see most on here think umpires do a good job, I think they do a great job, I would hate to do it as no matter what someone will say wrong decision. The number of times per game I see a free given that is totally correct & the player will complain out of frustration for getting blatantly caught HTB or whatever is unreal. Then there are spectators who just abuse umpires out of frustration for their team getting flogged. Of course there are some who just don't get it but they are a minority IMO.
by cracka
Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Sounds like the SAAFL should adopt a promotion/relegation system like we have in the HFL as that works perfectly, oh hang on. :oops:
by cracka
Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just out of curiosity, if it turns out the taxpayers helped fund Echungas A grade premiership, does that change any opinions about whether they should stay in central div, certainly changes mine.

Also any Echunga people who complain about Torrens Valley getting extra points this year, you have short memories, Echunga were given extra points in 2013 which if not given you wouldn't have even been in central div.
by cracka
Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hey cracka ---just how close do you think most teams were to the undefeated echunga a grade of 2013 ---could of lost the grand final and still ended up in the central div in 2014 as kersbrook were never going to apply for promotion -----the I extra point made no difference ---for a total of 12 unlike mt lofty who entered country with 15 points in 2014 ----just a touch of bias ---ps cracka please put us in contact with the government department that supplied the taxpayers funds as they could be handy again in 2015 ---
Have only just read this properly & you've said they could be handy AGAIN in 2015, does that mean you did use them this year. :D
by cracka
Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Either Rock & Has been or Running Defender & Legsman will have egg on their faces next year. Someone is very wrong here about the taxpayer issue & I will be watching with interest, until then can we move on from it.

Now the decision by the court has been made, regardless of which side we are on, lets accept it & come together for the betterment of the HFL as a whole. This means stopping the abuse of the
-current board
-by-laws (no matter how badly written)
-other clubs
-other clubs officials etc
-other forum users
& instead lets make constructive suggestions on how to improve our great league. I love living in the Adelaide Hills (have been here most of my life) and I love footy in the Hills. This has been an embarrassment to us all & regardless of which side we are on, all parties have some fault here for this mess.
by cracka
Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Completely agree with the funding issue if true, however I've only heard Chinese whispers so can't comment. Stillll wouldn't change my argument against the "buying the flag". Where do you stand on the players that were in the team but came from other local clubs for more opportunity? There were quite a few of these in the team? Doubt any of them would be getting $$$
Players coming from other Hills clubs for more opportunities I wouldn't class as buying a flag, players coming from other Hills clubs for money, yes. Knowing which ones fit into which catagory is the hard part.
by cracka
Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

R. White, you are fast becoming a bigger tool than Legs Man. The fact you keep having to justify yourself and your money driven A grade is a joke in itself. The entire HFL knows what Echunga are made of and what it stands for other than Echunga. If things were going so right for your lot you would have never been facing relegation in the first place. 3 months to go before the tirade of abuse can begin against your club for an entire season. Enjoy travelling to other clubs as well, I know some don't even want to open their club room doors to you all.
Rock, I honestly dont think the stirring you are doing on here is right either, you are just as bad. Echinga did what they said they would do, the other clubs gambled & lost. Please move on for the betterment of the HFL (that goes for all). If it turns out you are right re funding player payment accusations, then by all means open the can of whoop ass. As for any other ill feelings towards EFC & forum users & vice versa, grudges must stop for the good of our comp. Please.
by cracka
Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't believe what I have been reading, are you telling me my taxes paid for Echunga's recruits, I work my backside off, pay tax and the EFC use it to recruit players!!! Is this true or a hoax.

Keep an eye on the paper Bushman, the alleged offender is due in court early next year.
Is there proof it was used by EFC or was it just for personal issues.
by cracka
Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ironbank were relegated in 98 based on poor facilities and not filing all junior sides. Came back up in 02 after 4 straight GFs in country. Nairne came into HFL Div 1 in place of Ironbank in 98 from RMFL.
How long were Nairne in the RMFL?
They were still in Hills Div 2 when we left at end of 1990 and were a pretty strong club. When did they leave the Hills?
In 91 Kersbrook & Nairne joined Div 1, Echunga finished 2nd bottom & Nairne were winless. The HFL wanted a 10 team comp in 92 so both were relegated but Nairne went to RMFL for a few years.

Hey cracka got me thinking so did a bit of research with some old final sirens.
Central 2005-6 only 9 teams, 2007 Birdwood came up to make 10
Country 2005 11 teams including Milang in A&B's they didn't win a game but had a better % than some of the later Callington teams and Blackwood's 2nd group
Country 2006 11 but Milang dropped out (Hear the Roar may be able to answer ) did they go to C's only? Kangarilla came back in from the SFL I think.
Country 2007 10 teams when Birdwood went up.
Country 2008-9 9 only when Blackwood dropped out.
Country 2010-12 10 when Sedan Cambrai came in
Central 2011 Birdwood out TV in
Country 2013-14 9 when Callington dropped out.
Central 2014 Mt Lofty out Echunga in
YOPK you've inspired me so I did some research, the late 80's/early 90's went something like this
1987 Div 1: 11 teams - Mt Barker, Hahndorf, Onkas, Blackwood, Bridgewater, Uraidla, Lobethal, Mt Lofty, Echunga, Eastern Ranges, Nairne
1987 Div 2: Barossa Dist, Kersbrook, Mt Torrens, Birdwood, Blackwood (3rd & 4th), Mt Barker (3rd), Gum, Pleasant Valley (Blackwood had 4 senior sides & Milang had a side playing in Mt Barkers B grade slot)

1988 Div 1: 10 teams - Mt Barker, Hahndorf, Onkas, Blackwood, Bridgewater, Uraidla, Lobethal, Mt Lofty, Echunga, Eastern Ranges (same as 87 minus Nairne)
1988 Div 2: 8 teams - Barossa Dist, Kersbrook, Mt Torrens, Birdwood, Blackwood (3rd & 4th), Nairne, Gum, Pleasant Valley (Same as 87 plus Nairne minus Mt Barker (2nds)

1989 Div 1: 10 teams - Mt Barker, Hahndorf, Onkas, Blackwood, Bridgewater, Uraidla, Lobethal, Mt Lofty, Echunga, Eastern Ranges (no change)
1989 Div 2: 10 teams - Barossa Dist, Kersbrook, Mt Torrens, Birdwood, Blackwood (3rd & 4th), Nairne, Gum, Pleasant Valley, Ironbank, Macclesfield (Ironbank in from only C grade in 88 & Maccy in from ???)

1990 Div 1: 10 teams - Mt Barker, Hahndorf, Onkas, Blackwood, Bridgewater, Uraidla, Lobethal, Mt Lofty, Echunga, Eastern Ranges (no change)
1990 Div 2:10 teams - Barossa Dist, Kersbrook, Mt Torrens, Birdwood, Blackwood (3rd & 4th), Nairne, Gum, Pleasant Valley, Ironbank, Maccy/Milang (Maccy/Milang combined for a season)

1991 Div 1: 12 teams - Mt Barker, Hahndorf, Onkas, Blackwood, Bridgewater, Uraidla, Lobethal, Mt Lofty, Echunga, Eastern Ranges, Kersbrook & Nairne (same as 90 plus Kersbrook & Nairne)
1991 Div 2: 8 teams - Mt Torrens, Birdwood, Blackwood (3rd & 4th), Mt Lofty (3rd), Gum, Pleasant Valley, Ironbank, Macclesfield (Bar Dist to BLG, Maccy had A & B's, Milang had a side playing in Mt Loftys B grade slot)

1992 Div 1: 10 teams - Mt Barker, Hahndorf, Onkas, Blackwood, Bridgewater, Uraidla, Lobethal, Mt Lofty, Eastern Ranges, Kersbrook (Echunga to div 2 Nairne to RMFL)
1992 Div 2: 8 teams - Mt Torrens, Birdwood, Blackwood (3rd & 4th), Echunga, Gum, Pleasant Valley, Ironbank, Macclesfield (Echunga in, no Lofty 3rd side & Milang played in C grade)

1993 Div 1: 8 teams - Mt Barker, Hahndorf, Onkas, Blackwood, Bridgewater, Uraidla, Lobethal, Mt Lofty (Eastern Ranges & Kersbrook to Div 2)
1993 Div 2: 9 teams - Birdwood, Blackwood (3rd & 4th), Echunga, Gum, Pleasant Valley, Ironbank, Macclesfield, Eastern Ranges, Kersbrook (Eastern Ranges & Kersbrook in, Mt Torrens didn't field a side)

1994 Div 1: 8 teams - Mt Barker, Hahndorf, Onkas, Blackwood, Bridgewater, Uraidla, Lobethal, Mt Lofty no change
1994 Div 2: 9 teams - Birdwood, Mt Torrens, Echunga, Gum, Pleasant Valley, Ironbank, Macclesfield, Eastern Ranges, Kersbrook (Blackwood played in C grade & Mt Torrens reformed)

1995 Div 1: 10 teams - Mt Barker, Hahndorf, Onkas, Blackwood, Bridgewater, Uraidla, Lobethal, Mt Lofty, Birdwood, Ironbank (Birdwood & Ironbank up from Div 2)
1995 Div 2: 8 teams - Mt Torrens, Echunga, Gum, Pleasant Valley, Macclesfield, Eastern Ranges, Kersbrook, Callington (Birdwood & Ironbank up to Div 1 & Callington formed)

1996 Div 1: 9 teams - Mt Barker, Hahndorf, Onkas, Blackwood, Bridgewater, Uraidla, Lobethal, Mt Lofty, Ironbank (Birdwood to Div 2)
1996 Div 2: 9 teams - Birdwood, Mt Torrens, Echunga, Gum, Pleasant Valley, Macclesfield, Eastern Ranges, Kersbrook, Callington (Birdwood back from Div 1)

Will do from 97 to 05 when I can. I don't remember any teams putting up a fight when being relegated through the above period though.
by cracka
Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:A superleague sounds a lot like what the Southern league has in place.....

marbles is the man to speak about super leagues ;)

Yeah, ask his advice & do exactly the opposite, then we might be somewhere close to what we need. :D
by cracka
Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alright, enough is enough. Lets talk some footy!
What are peoples thoughts on teams this year, looks like it will be another tight year with any number of teams capable of winning the flag.

Echunga - last year will fill them with confidence. With a few more class players added in they will be right up there.
Uraidla - Could go either way. Is their time up? Are they too old? i would think not. I would expect them to be in the top 3
Lobethal - Haven't heard much, nor do i know much about their team or recruiting. If they got to a prelim and only had 17 fit at the end i would suspect they would be confident in making it further this year
Mt Barker - have plenty of resources and vary rarely miss out on finals. Question will be if they can lure some players to help them get back to the top
Blackwood - Seem to always be around he mark but never really threatening. i dont expect big things from them this year either.
Ironbank - always seem to be on the brink of a finals appearance. I reckon that this year they might make it. Jars will know the team a little better and get a bit more out of them.
TV - Whilst the money man is still there they will always be competitive. May push for a top 5 spot based on the second half of last year.
Bridgewater - Maybe a county div flag or probably another bottom half finish. Which is not a bad thing as they are devolving a young and talented team.
Onkas - its been said before, they promise the world and deliver squat. I think Mcghey will have a positive impact but i just cant see them winning enough to make the five.
Hahndorf - Sounds like they lost Roberts, replaced by Grocke. One player can make a hell of a difference but the loss of Roberts will negate most of the impact Grocke will have. tough to see them getting off the bottom.
Mt Lofty - Stronger team than when last in central. Last year would give them confidence. Have lost Gordon though. 6th to 8th is my prediction.

to sum it up i dont think the top 4 will change much in terms of teams and would suspect that any one of them can win it. With that in mind footy is a strange game and you cant write any team off!
Sorry for the long winded post but i think its about time we got on with footy.
Dont be sorry, its a great post. I feel sorry for YOU, you're playing a lone hand representing you're club well. There are a couple on here who are undoing all the good work by yourself.
by cracka
Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

Welcome callywater to country division

And goodbye Sedan Cambrai?
Cracka might be the man. Did Birdwood put a motion up, don't think voted on yet that if you don't field at least one colts team you can't play in the Country div? If so does that mean S/C to play C grade only, off to Riverland independent or won't come into effect if passed til 2016?
Can any one enlighten me please?
Sorry, cant help with the outcome but yeah believe there was talk of Sedan/Cambrai being forced to play C grade due to not having any juniors, this will help the country comp having all teams playing at the same ground most weeks. I think (could be totally wrong) they've done a deal with TV & their juniors are playing there this year.
by cracka
Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hardly think Carey and Edmonds are expensive recriuts, Carey been here 4 yrs and David Edmonds played all his life at club. Apps points to be talked about at next meeting Feb 2. This is another huge stuff up by the league trying to be to smart by complicating a very simple exercise, give every club 13pts. Read the letters to the editor ? Well thats the facts . Mr sickerdick is quoted as "they never gave us the opportunity to put forward the motion of another idea such as an 11 team central competition" if they were running a company they would have been sacked. Like my mate legs Man any team that can field 4 teams should be allowed to play central its 2015 now get with the times. I can see maybe a super league been formed say 3 team's from SFL , 3 from GS, 3 from RM and 3 from hills wouldn't that be fantastic. I'll leave you with that to ponder.
Maybe you and legs man could put your hand up to be on the Hills League, you seem to know everything about how to run the league properly . The only thing left to ponder RD is how many more posts we have to read regarding this saga. Please can we talk football.
I reckon there would be a mass exodus of clubs if that were to happen, probably even a new comp formed. :D
by cracka
Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus-Eng-Ind One Day Tri Series

The Dark Knight wrote:Australia win with 1 ball remaining. Smith the hero again

Not hard to guess who Australias next test/one day captain will be.
by cracka
Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I doubt that anyone from outside of (and probably within) Echunga gains pleasure by reading your posts.
The problem with your opinions and 'solutions' is that they are so Echunga-focused that they are painful for everyone else to read. Take your latest suggestion for the relegation points weighting system as an example... how surprising that you would insist that they MUST reduce the value of a B grade win, considering your club didn't win a single game last season :roll:

I gain enormous pleasure from his posts, he's a breath of fresh air to this otherwise dull and boring competition. Between his common snese approach and the ineptitude of the Board and the other clubs and its poster's of the HFL it makes for great reading.
C'mon Daisy the truth is you like his posts coz they're just like yours, bagging others for what happens without putting your hand up to help. :D
It can't be that boring of a competition if everyone is so interested in what happens. Just look at how many views there are compared to other comps with the same amount of posts/pages on this forum & also how many users from other leagues comment on the HFL. Even compare HFL country div to BLG, there are 1.5 times as many views from 30 less pages.

And why do you reckon there is so many more views? Il tell ya why, the comp is so poorly run that its pure and simple comedy gold to jump on here and have a read. The Echunga posters throw out the bait and you all take the whole damn line . Nobody comments on a well run league with no controversy, its not really forum worthy is it?
By the way i do plenty of volunteering at Association level in my chosen field.
Correct, easy to get a bite on here eh. :D
I reckon I've seen complaints on every leagues thread on here, it's easier to bag than praise, plus you get more likes that way.
by cracka
Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

These last few posts remind me of a trainspotting quote "It's easy to be philosophical when some other poor c8nt gots shite for blood"
Another no win situation for the HFL. Everyone (mostly from outside the HFL) bags us for not doing anything about Callington, now when some suggest what's probably best for a club heading in the same direction, we get bagged.
by cracka
Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The rams have picked up a couple of nice recriuts might be hard for the raiders this year. In my opinion you have only one restriction you get rid relegation /promotion and just have APPS system, But whats the point of having 4 or 7pts when you can't use the one pt there's no 1 or 2 point players anymore . How can you count previous years in country which is inferior to central,but the board doesn't want to here that cause there trying to save a stagnant division. Thats why Mt lofty and us couldn't wait to get out of there, it will be interesting to see how Mt lofty go, 2013 bottom, 2014 undefeated, 2015? + 13pts , like is 13pts to go up this year only 9 pts by my calculations it should be 11pys its only during minor round we only won 11 games . Anyway the Dee's have added a quality midfielder to their ranks this week so stay tuned, the 160k we spent last year is only chicken feed this year. Thats the rumor anyway we stacked our Agr to win the GF.
F***en what. :shock:
Big night eh.
by cracka
Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep got out bid for harley apparently their was a handshake agreement that harle6 would sign 24hrs later not coming very disappointed. Oh well we move on still a couple of others in the pipeline . Loby rd1 roos rd2 then the big rematch the northen Demons rd3. Seaton ramblers 1st trial mypo 2nd trial

Wow Its hard to fathom how much money the TV boys spend, i know all clubs spend money but they have O'sullivan, ellis brothers and Boras that would all be on roughly $1k if not more per game as they wont play anywhere for anything less and now u add montgomery who wouldnt be on a small amount, that adds up to a hell of a lot of money. There going to be hard to stop this year though with all of those players, although will be interesting to see the ellis bros and Boras try and work together up forward, couple of big egos there.
I thought the money tree was meant to die a couple of years ago there, obviously not, trying to avoid any chance of relegation next year maybe??? Pity none of the $ gets spent on facilities, either at Mt Torrens or Mt Pleasant ovals.
by cracka
Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your last meal

Entree: escargot, lobster, mussels, clams and oysters (natural, of course), and McGriddles with no cheese.
Main Course: 3 fillets of Atlantic Salmon and a serve of Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles.
Dessert: A dozen Honey Crullers from Tim Hortons.

Beverages: Coke, Coors Light , Jagerbombs and Long Island Iced Tea.

I'm greedy, but If I'm being granted a last meal, I'm going all out.
awesome beer...

Damn straight!

i don't mind normal coors, which they have here but the light is alot better.
American beer is like having sex in a canoe. Its f***ing close to water.
by cracka
Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your last meal

I'll be honest & say have never tried the above 2 beers, just love the joke about American beers. I think it was from one of the Monty Python crew (John Cleese from memory) but not 100% sure.
by cracka
Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Boxing the corner flag is part of the theatre that makes the sport great? :lol:

Therein, Jim, lies the problem with soccer, if some fool pretending to punch the corner flag is not only part of the game but adds to it, then something is not right.

Also, why do soccer players always have to be touching each others faces? Whether it be happy with winning, sad with losing or bemoaning a "challenge" during play, they are always cupping* each others faces. It's semi- homo-erotic and most of the time looks well out of order. I know my mates wouldn't be up for me cupping* their cheeks after a good catch at slip. :D

Spot on.

I don't mind soccer at all, but those 'theatrics' are a reason that I've never fallen in love with it.

Don't get me started on players laying around like they've had a bad turn...
vdg5N5Rgu9U
by cracka
Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I need to know a couple of things that just happened to me.
1. Is it OK to answer your phone while taking a dump.
2. Is it lazy to have my 4 pack of Jacks (Double Jack actually) in my little 4 pack cooler sitting by my side while on the computer so I don't have to keep getting up & going to the grog fridge. I like to think of it as energy efficient.

Yes for both.

For the former, hold back on the grunting a little, and you'll be fine.

I always wanted a bar fridge and hot plate in my bedroom as a teenager... I still do, in fact. That would be awesome.
A bar fridge would be awesome.
A hot plate would be awesome.
Both would be awesomely awesome.
Awesome post dude.
by cracka
Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Hmmmmm. Some insightful posting there Dudley. :shock:
by cracka
Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New poster and jumpring between the country and central threads as new to hills and finding my feet on where to send my lad to play and who to support. As I said in the central forum theres a lot going on in this league and I see with some dismay and interest being from a small town that Sedan Cambrai are struggling and were voted out..what affect does that have to a small town and community with a netball club that follows the footy. Is the towns and league so cruel to chop an entire town out because they cant fill a junior team. I see that there are rules but rules do need to reflect what is happening in small communities and be able to adjust. Do central clubs or country only clubs vote on such important decisions like this?
I feel for Sedan Cambrai as a community as in winter what other choice of sport do they have? Certainly doesnt sound like the people who voted them out where thinking about being inclusive and giving as many players as possible a go at playing football for their local town.
But hey what do I know, I am sure I will learn more about the ins and outs of this league as I get to 'shop' around..!

Just to be clear, they haven't been 'voted out', they have been put into Division 3. They remain a member club of the HFL.

"Division 3" is nothing more than a kick and catch C-Grade, same effect as being kicked out.
So what should happen. 8 clubs who can fill the requirements bend to 1 club who can't. ](*,)
Milang are happy to play within their means in the so called kick & catch comp.
Again we all know the biggest issue in country div is clubs not having junior teams.
Maybe we should just have 1 div as that works so well for SFL.
by cracka
Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think in the past they have not had the 2 full senior teams either & players have had to play 2 games most weekends & getting flogged in the process. I do feel for them being a small community & somewhat isolated. It's not the HFL's fault the Mid Murray comp folded. In the past the HFL has been bagged for not doing anything about Callington, so I ask, what should they have done then (hindsight is a wonderful thing) & what should be done now with Sedan/Cambrai.
by cracka
Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FFS learn how to quote guys.
by cracka
Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Noted re Gumeracha, hopefully just a 'one off'. So if Hahndorf hadnt have helped Kangarilla would they be able to fill a side in Senior Colts? I didnt realise/appreciate just how strong Hahndorf is with their numbers of players in junior ranks. If they didnt help and Kangarilla didnt have enough to fill a team in Senior Colts that then would have created a another hole in this comp. Has adjusting the age groups been considered /analysed to see if this helps (eg U14, U16 and U18 Or U12, U14 and U16?) with numbers of eligible kids?
I've suggested at HFL meetings that div 2 ages be U13, U15 & U18. Changing the age GAP to 3 years from junior colts to senior colts has been talked about but there are some opposed to that saying it's too big a gap. The review from last year suggested div 2 be U12, U14.5 & U17.5 but I think junior colts is the critical age group to be the same in both divs. If div 2 senior colts, which is the biggest problem in div 2, is half a year older than div 1 it might help div 2 clubs get players who are not quite ready for senior footy (A, B or C grade).
by cracka
Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like the idea of a slightly different age gap for Div 2 (slightly older) than Div 1 for the reason you mention, it gives Div 1 clubs perhaps opportunity to help more in the Div 2 where possible. It then helps everyone doesnt it? I recall the AFL stipulating - or indicating - that no more than 2 years age gap in the colts area, so maybe this was an issue. So maybe then its U14, U16 and U18. I do hope the league board and clubs work through this in 2015 so that when the finals are over it can just be implemented for 2016. All that is occuring is a a lot of negativity at the moment. Forum users should be wildly discussing the big ins and outs and who is the team to beat at this time of the season
Correct, it's AFL policy of 2 year age Gaps. Their suggestion is play 15 or even 12 a side for leagues that struggle to fill the numbers. Not ideal. Not sure how RFL Independent get away with it but they have 13 year olds playing 17 year olds in their colts comp.
by cracka
Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks Cracka
So if the clubs didn't vote this in how can it be occurring when the clubs make the decision?
Shouldn't another vote be taken with all clubs required to vote due to the anomaly regarding the previous vote taken then made void.
If the clubs weren't aware of the "abstain" ramifications - which we all weren't - doesn't this make the total vote previously null and void.
A new vote seems the most logical solution allowing any grievances to be resolved.
I'm the one that rambles on about the clubs run the league but this has me confused as well.

OK - so if what The Mt Barker Courier has reported in today's edition is correct:
The HFL board will make decisions without a vote from the clubs that directly affects the clubs and makeup of the competition - regardless of how the clubs have previously voted. ( also noting this is in direct opposition to the vote taken previously )
The HFL board and it's Directors now make decisions at their discretion and how THEY see fit.

Am I not getting something here or does this directly fly in the face of everything the President conveyed when speaking about how decisions are made in hills football to both the media and the clubs?
Surely they can't have it both ways and it again reinforces what I have previously posted regarding the farcical and belligerent attitude the HFL and it's Directors take when governing our competition.
And - yes I am going to be critical of the HFL when they continue to act in a manner detrimental to hills footy.

If what I have stated in this post is incorrect please correct me as I am happy to be proven wrong...
Cant argue with anything you have said here.
by cracka
Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |