Search found more than 1481 matches

Return

Re: Gaza FC - APPS Breaches

What would happen with the $350k.

Would it just sit in the coffers at HQ.....

Is there a better use for the $$$$$$. If SAAFL were receiving that amount of money i would expect them to outline exactly how that money is going to benefit football/juniors/clubs in the SAAFL. Not just the generic 'will go towards a sustainable comp' because you would never expect to strike gold with that level of money for nothing which it essentially is as the SAAFL weren't financially out of pocket from Gaza breaches (unless there is lawyer fees etc then its totally understandable)

WHOA... hold up. :shock:

This had nothing to do with the Adelaide Footy League, and they were kept independent of any investigations.

It's the South Australian Community Football League - which are a sub-committee of the SANFL.

AdFL only get told as a courtesy that one of their clubs is being investigated, I don't even think they're told WHO is being investigated until much later down the track.
by Footy Chick
Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - APPS Breaches

Sorry, i need to make a correction... and this will probably make more sense with the ratio of fine to points:

We're talking fines of over $300k, will play with only 4 APPS points for the next 2 years (ie, loss of 11 points) and several club administrators have been banned from taking official positions for periods of anywhere from 5-10 years. They have 7 days to dispute the result.
by Footy Chick
Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

The positive out of this though, is that we only ever appear to beat them in semi finals, so I'm still picking us this week :lol:

Footy Chick wrote:
Pembrokes little tit-for-tat and mind games might've just backfired on them...

8)

I'm a very proud footy mother tonight.

We looked done at the last break - 5 goals down.

11 goal final quarter from us.

We live to fight another week.

The monkey is off the back.

I don't do this often, but

**** off Pembroke :finga: :lol:
by Footy Chick
Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2023 Medal Counts - ON TONIGHT (04/09/23)

The D1 is live streamed at 8.15pm

D1R is on at 7.15pm

Everyone else - your divisions will be available at 7.15pm too

https://www.dartfish.tv/Videos?CR=p132071#!AQEBAAEEAAABAQcAAAECAQECBW1lZGFsAQAAAAAA

Tell us your tips for your grade!
by Footy Chick
Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday CM and MT.

Great weekend for it! :partyman:
by Footy Chick
Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

Right o, this might take a day or so

Edit: I've just looked at 2022 and D3, 5 and 7 all had the same final 3 in both ressies and A's
by Footy Chick
Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:28° next Friday. Get those tomatoes planted this weekend while the ground is wet people.

Did Wednesday

"tomatoes" :lol:
by Footy Chick
Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Grand Final, Glenelg v Sturt

49 years in the making!
by Footy Chick
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Cracking Grand Final today with some really good football being played

Woodville South survived a late surge from Colonel Light to win the C5

Kilburn after looking to have the game won also survived a late surge from Colonel Light to hang on by 3 pts to win the M5 Reserves Grand Final.

Gepps Cross with a stunning 7 goal second quarter, to lead by 23ps at half time and 14 at 3 qtr. time were run over by a rampant Kilburn in the last quarter in which they slammed on 7 goals and at which one point they kicked 5 unanswered goals, to score a 3 goal win.

First Kilburn B grade Premiership since 1987 when they defeated Port District 11.5 - 8.3 and first time they have done the double since 1969 when they were in A3 and defeated Mitchem in both grades.

Going to be a big night at Blair Athol tonight!!!

Can you leave some stats for me please :lol:
by Footy Chick
Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Sunday can't come quick enough

If you don't like Daylight Savings, piss off to QLD and let everyone else enjoy it :lol:
by Footy Chick
Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

Don't waste money on big shot Lawyers and work with the league. People may want to help the club out a bit more.
Maybe the league should hire the big shot lawyers or even captain obvious to look at other clubs that are clearly over the cap.
2 wrongs dont make a right but neither does turning a blind eye to the leagues golden children

the league aren't the ones who investigate.

It's the SANFL
by Footy Chick
Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Booney wrote:A Saturday morning sleep in. Come at me.

So Archie jumps on Mrs Boon in the mornings then? :lol:
by Footy Chick
Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Surely EP wont settle for a handshake photo when they announce the signing of the great Chris Knapp.

Would have to be a 3 minute high budget video extravaganza to do the signing justice. :lol:

*BTW i wouldn't have a clue where he is playing next year. :lol:

You mean like one of those fancy Dior perfume ads :lol: or a CUB beer ad? :lol:
by Footy Chick
Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I brought up this mass debate* on my FB feed once.

Square crumpets

Im of the opinion that the only things that should ever touch crumpets, are butter, jam and/or honey.
by Footy Chick
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

I've got boys around Charlie's age, and that letter could have been written about any of them. A few tears were shed here as well, I can't imagine how tough the Stevens family are doing it at the moment.

What I find most unfathomable, is that at some stage in the near future, that poor man is going to have to go back to work and keep reporting these statistics, as if nothing had happened.

It would be very easy for him to throw his hands in the air and this point and say "I give up" and just quietly, you wouldn't blame him if he did, after losing his own child to the very cause he's been fighting against for the last 10 years in the top job
by Footy Chick
Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cost of Living

Wedgie wrote:Crikey, what are those cats getting up to when you're not home?

I've only got one, and she's almost 21 - so not much :lol:
by Footy Chick
Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:Has the SA Footballer and Netballer been booted from facebook?

One could only hope :lol:
by Footy Chick
Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:I chortled too

First world problems

Apologies, I didn't realise this thread was reserved for third world problems only
by Footy Chick
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If anyone knows a forkie that is keen for work (10am-6pm) please pm me.

Fridays are 11am-4pm, casual role to begin with, will become permanent.

Im not a forkie but if you've got a job for me, i'll gladly take it
We just had one advertised, wouldn’t be worth leaving your job after this long now

make a bet? My role has been 60/40 admin/dealing with people for as long as I can remember and it's the admin days that's kept me remotely sane.

They've now pulled that from us and given it to another department and not even offered us the opportunity to go to that department. :?

So that leaves me dealing with people 100%. After 18 and a half years, i just can't do it and the actual thought of doing so makes me cry. (and if you knew how highly regulated my job is, you'd understand)

The reality though, is that I need to somehow plough through another 18 months to get to 20 years.

Wish me luck.
by Footy Chick
Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Happy birthday for yesterday Amber Fluid- hope you celebrated with some...amber fluid :lol:
by Footy Chick
Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I bought mother a Christmas present (one of) about 4 weeks ago, wrapped it, and then put it in a safe spot.

I've turned the house upside down - said present nowhere to be found.

Bets on me stumbling upon it next week? :lol:
by Footy Chick
Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Im thinking of investing in my first robot vac.

Anyone here made the purchase?

Quality of clean v's normal vacs?

Dogs love them :D

You mean cats? :lol:

by Footy Chick
Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Brodlach wrote:Didn’t think about insurance, would it be worth it? They’d raise the premiums I’m sure

Premiums dont rise because you've made a claim

Premiums rise because EVERYBODY makes a claims (ie, weather events etc)- it's not personal.
by Footy Chick
Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

another grub wrote:What is Temu like?

This is probably a bad thing to admit, but i don't mind it.

I won't use the phone app and never pay directly with credit card (only via PayPal) but I've not had any complaints with anything I've ordered yet.
by Footy Chick
Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:Any chance we might get some hot weather this summer?

What was the last 3-4 days, chopped liver? only sadistic bastards wish for week-long heatwaves :lol:
by Footy Chick
Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concussion

I call BS - especially at senior level - it's very well documented that helmets do zero to stop concussion.

That said, Many junior comps in Victoria have a compulsory helmet rule.

If you normalise it from juniors, it doesn't become an issue

Mouthguards do more than helmets to prevent the severity of concussion. True story.

21 day new rule for SANFL downwards

still 12 days for AFL, as they have the qualified staff available to monitor 24/7 if needed
by Footy Chick
Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are you saying that the new coach has now renigged, or are you still sad because your old coach walked in the first place,

Give the new guy a go, he has a good footy brain
by Footy Chick
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Div 4 - Gaza
Div 5 - Blackfriars, Portland
Div 6 - Elizabeth

All going to have one A grade team this season and reserves will be byes :) Is the decision to have byes locked in? Farcical to move these teams to a C competition. 4 team division 8 competition? [emoji23]

Yes, has been locked in. Everyone is staying where they are

These clubs have also been advised of the consequences of forfeiting on more than three occasions and have already had the expectations for re-registration in 2025 very clearly explained.
by Footy Chick
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 1

No Play HQ wasn't working.

Tis now though
by Footy Chick
Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:You sure that was lactose free milk you gave me this morning?

by Footy Chick
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The scores are pretty ridiculous, and no one wants to see any club go through what Elizabeth are experiencing right now - but let's face it, it could happen to any club, at any time. Elizabeth are a proud club and will come back from this.

I invite any of you to go back through the posts of 2014 and see how many people felt bad for Kilburn when it happened to them

or back to 2007 or whenever it was to see if anyone felt sorry for the Kaurna Eagles.

Yeah, I didn't think so.
There's nothing like today's score. The scale is what makes it so repugnant

What 11 goals? The old highest was 71 goals by BOS. Kilburn currently sit on the wrong end of 4 of the top 10 highest scores ever.

They survived.

This isn't U9s.
by Footy Chick
Sun May 05, 2024 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Benched Eagle

So you've rushed back to lend support for your old club then? After all, if people like yourself didn't leave, they wouldn't be in this mess
by Footy Chick
Tue May 07, 2024 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |