Search found 317 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

My 5yo attending his first SANFL game yesterday. Witnessing 1 goal to 3/4 time really was the perfect initiation to becoming a South supporter (a form of child abuse?). He loved having a kick on the oval at each of the breaks. Will hopefully get to a few more games before the season is done.
by saintal
Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Under 18s and Under 16s

gadj1976 wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:
Trailing by just eight points at the final change, Julian ****’ charges outscored the hosts in the fourth term but again, kicking 3.4 to WA’s 3.1 wasn’t enough to reel in the deficit.

Far*kas is the surname :lol: Censors dont seem to appreciate it.
by saintal
Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

A proposal was emailed through to the two AEHCA presidents about a month ago, and I had a chat with Mark about this and hills cricket more broadly earlier this week. A potential move has been debated/considered for a few years, and now feels like a good time to make a formal approach. There’s been a lot to weigh up, but overall feel the benefits outweigh the drawbacks from our viewpoint.

From a personal point of view, as somebody who’s played 30+ seasons within TVCA and has had a fair bit of involvement in the admin side of the association over the past 15 years, I’ve dwelled on the pros and cons of moving more than most.

IF the move does happen, it’ll leave TVCA with 6 active clubs for next season. Thin yes, but still viable in the short term. I do have concerns about the longer term sustainability of the B Grade comp however. If another domino fell and hypothetically only 5 clubs remained though, you'd imagine the end would come rather swiftly.

In 2008/09 we had 12 clubs in TVCA, with Lobethal and Woodside moving; Kersbrook, Mt Pleasant/Springton, Mt Torrens/Charleston having folded (twice in the case of Mt Pleasant..who did resurface for 3 years) while Rose Park also made a cameo appearance for a couple of seasons before unfortunately folding. A lot has certainly changed in 14 years.
by saintal
Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FlyingHigh....primary reasons for seeking a move include the flexibility and variety that a larger multi-tiered association offers (as Barkeroo suggested); creating a stronger linkage/transition between our junior and senior teams; playing on turf wickets occasionally; renewing rivalries with neighbouring clubs; and being part of a proactive and innovative association (as Caleb777 mentioned).

Most of our senior players in recent seasons are aged between 15-26 and have grown up playing juniors within the aehca and/or seniors for other aehca clubs in some cases. Many play footy at nearby clubs like Lobey and Onkas, so have further connections/friendships with aehca cricketers through footy. Guys of my vintage who have played nothing but seniors and juniors in TVCA really are in short supply for us now :p

Losing the current A-Grade "status" and the perks that come with that such as Courier coverage and meyer shield opportunities is one of the main drawbacks, in addition to the impact on tvca.

Only 2 Mt Torrens guys played regularly for Athelstone last season, and the combined team (which played 3-4 home games at Mt Torrens) only lasted one year. The 2 guys that did stick around are in their 20s, while the bulk of their last TVCA team were 40+ and probably thought they’d give the Athelstone idea a chance before motivation became a challenge in backing up again.

Juniors wise only us and Birdwood have regularly fielded junior teams over the past decade (occasionally combining together or with Lobey to fill a team), with Gumeracha also popping up from time to time. Cambrai had some u10s for a while but that disbanded and I think most of their kids play in the barossa.
by saintal
Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a hypothetical but where do we reckon the current TVCA clubs would go if the comp was to end today?

Palmer to Murray Towns?
Eden Valley, Cambrai to Barossa?
Birdwood, Gumeracha to ?
Paracombe to somewhere down town?

I'd say Palmer to MT, Eden Valley to Barossa, Cambrai could go to either of those (probably Barossa as I believe many of their players live out that way), Gumeracha would likely go AEHCA, Paracombe to a north/eastern suburbs comp, Birdwood...have ties through juniors with AEHCA but geographically Barossa would make more sense so it's hard to say.
by saintal
Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RAGE on GF After Party

Not my cup of tea music wise, but at least the league is trying something a bit different.
by saintal
Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bryce Gibbs to retire

Much like Rose and Broadbent last week, no great surprise that Bryce is hanging up the boots. Was immense in 2021, injury ruined 2022 after half a dozen games, while he's been serviceable this year without having the influence of prior years. As mentioned above, to commit three seasons to the SANFL after a lengthy AFL career is to be admired.
by saintal
Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Marathon/Half Marathon Running

Might bring this thread back to life momentarily. Plodded along and ticked the Yurrebilla Challenge off my bucket-list last weekend. The 28K version. Really enjoyed the majority of it, was certainly feeling the pinch going up Black Hill towards the end. Very well organised event with a different vibe to any road/city events I’ve done. Some the times recorded for the 56K are insane, especially given it was quite a warm day.

Does anybody have any events coming up?
by saintal
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good to see a SA Footy luminary interviewed on the A&EH - FB roaming edition.

Great initiative from Mark. Easy bloke to chat cricket with.

It was a bit of a relief for us to open with wins in both grades. Certainly the young C’s team enjoyed taking the points against Lobey, given most of them play footy there. Looking forward to renewing hostilities with Woodside this weekend in the A2’s.
by saintal
Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Play HQ

12 months on and marginal, if any, improvements have been made. There are a ton of relatively minor changes that could be made to the admin functions that would at least bring it into line with the old mycricket. ie why am I selecting teams from scratch every week and not just making edits to the previous week’s 11? Why can’t I add a 12th man? I can identity a keeper for junior games but not senior ones, why? etc etc etc

Reordering the bowlers doesn’t appear to be currently working, so the scorecards on the playcricket app are out of whack. And the bowlers list now includes anybody who took a catch even if they didn't bowl. Messy.

The old web version of mycricket was a wealth of stats/records for the nuffies like me, sadly none of which are available now in the very limited playhq equivalent.

Syncing of live scores to the app remains glitchy. At one stage last week we had somebody listed as having scored "-1" runs.

First world problems, but yep it's still junk.
by saintal
Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Great night at the Lions Art Factory to see old favs Jebediah, the last few times Ive seen them they have been part of festival line ups where they will roll out all the popular hits and thats about it in an abbreviated set. Its the first time Ive seen them play for 90 mins for a long time.

They kicked off with their new song (and announced a new album coming) and then went into most of their popular songs to get everyone up and about. They left some of their old classics until the end of the show which was a great way to do it. Just when they looked like they had finished for the night with Jerks of Attention they fooled everyone and ripped into Teflon which was incredible. While the other band members are starting to show their age, Kev Mitchell is still one of the best front men in oz music and his voice hasn't deteriorated at all, still has the same energy he had back in the BDO days.

Grinspoon this Sat night.

Only a causal Jebs fan but figured I should take the chance to see them for the first time. Glad I did. Was great finally hearing tunes like Animal live, while a personal fav of mine Run of the Company was a welcome surprise towards the end. Pretty solid turnout.

Bloc Party this Sunday.
by saintal
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Enjoyable game of cricket against Mt Barker in the A2s, with 461 runs struck and the contest decided in the penultimate over. On the back of a 2 run win against Woodside the previous week, it’s been great to feature in some competitive battles so far.

Obviously it’s a bit early to get much of a read on form lines. Ashbourne the other undefeated team and Strath the only team without a win. The results of those club’s with A Grade sides will naturally fluctuate depending on who’s available for their second team. Looking forward to playing on the Wistow hill for the first time this weekend .
Looking forward to hosting your boys this weekend. We've had an up and down start to the season so far. Close loss to Woodside in Rnd 1, a great win against the reigning premiers Mt Barker in Rnd 2 and beaten pretty soundly by some great Nairne performances last weekend.

Continues to be an unpredictable season in the A2s Barkeroo. We've jumped back into top spot but don’t feel we’ve played particularly well since our trip to Wistow hill earlier in the season. Your Echindas have certainly found some form to move up into 2nd. Nairne were probably the most well-rounded side we’ve come across so far (although dropping 6-7 catches that day didn’t help our cause). Mt Barker’s line-up seems to fluctuate week to week, and not many from their premiership team appear to be consistently playing.

Woodside are steady enough, but perhaps lacking a few match-winners currently. Lobethal trounced us on their large home deck on the back of their spinners and a very clean catching effort. We've had a couple of comfortable wins against Strath, who are probably better suited to the turf decks, while we missed out on playing Echunga and Ashbourne. Wont get to play the Bulls this season unless it’s in a final.
by saintal
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

bazza1 wrote:Sutton Derby is back in business. They have 5 new players from VXL Titans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooray :lol: I'm another who has limited interest in the ASCA outside the highs and lows of this peculiar club.
by saintal
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL ROUND 2

Sainters!

Wanganeen-Milera, Owens and Henry are a fun trio to watch.
by saintal
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 2 South v Sturt @ Noarlunga Sun 14/4 2:10 PM

A pretty tough watch from a South perspective. Just 25 inside 50s to Sturt's 59 summed up the contest really. South's mids got plenty of the footy in a statistical sense, but weren't damaging with it. Dearly missed Skinner and Clavarino down back. South have a dip but it's obviously going to be a long winter..

Max Clifton, Jake Arundell, Oliver Davis, Eamon Wilkinson, Nicholas Schroder named best for the hosts.

On the plus side the weather was great and it was a good crowd. Lots of Rodd and Gunn, Ralph Lauren and Country Road on display.
by saintal
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9

Entertaining game.

BT more insufferable than usual. Radio out of sync might be better option.
by saintal
Fri May 10, 2024 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

Worst start to a season in 154 years in the
@SANFL
by Port #Adelaide

Not a single post/mention on their facebook page of Saturday's game v North match before, during or after. Doing their best to bury the "Magpies" further.

Bollocks. Pre game information on a Facebook post and a match review on the website.

You're right, there was a promo post for the game, I didn't scroll back far enough. But if you feel that's adequate coverage, well fair enough...
by saintal
Mon May 13, 2024 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |