Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Everyone on here is entitled to an opinon..... I understand that, and sure, I can see how some of you would think we deserve what has happened, and may take satisfaction out it.

I have been at Brahma 10+ years now and we havent always been successful, yes the past 5 years have been pretty good but seasons before that I was part of teams that saw us get belted week in and out.

I unfortuantly didnt get the spoils of winning a premiership but have stuck around and will see this through. I can see myself that the culture or direction of the club needs to change, and I try and find the positives in it that I have an opportunity to help change this.

The club is bigger than 20+ individuals.. We thought that success would help build culture, we were wrong.

Alot of you forget that Brahma doesnt have the junior program that many of your clubs have, and the majority of the clubs near us all have strong junior programs. The club has no choice but to entice players, and hence why we need to spend money, I would like to see where your club would be without its strong junior program.

In saying that, I feel we need to invest more time and money into our junior program, and I'm sure this will be a focus of the committee moving ahead.

Good luck to you all this season...
by Browny25
Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Everyone on here is entitled to an opinon..... I understand that, and sure, I can see how some of you would think we deserve what has happened, and may take satisfaction out it.

I have been at Brahma 10+ years now and we havent always been successful, yes the past 5 years have been pretty good but seasons before that I was part of teams that saw us get belted week in and out.

I unfortuantly didnt get the spoils of winning a premiership but have stuck around and will see this through. I can see myself that the culture or direction of the club needs to change, and I try and find the positives in it that I have an opportunity to help change this.

The club is bigger than 20+ individuals.. We thought that success would help build culture, we were wrong.

Alot of you forget that Brahma doesnt have the junior program that many of your clubs have, and the majority of the clubs near us all have strong junior programs. The club has no choice but to entice players, and hence why we need to spend money, I would like to see where your club would be without its strong junior program.

In saying that, I feel we need to invest more time and money into our junior program, and I'm sure this will be a focus of the committee moving ahead.

Good luck to you all this season...

Yes unfortunately without Kids coming through and progressing through to seniors it's always going to be tough, Even with juniors it's hard as some of the higher graded clubs are recruiting kids into their junior program as investments into the future.

It sounds like you still have some quality people around the place, which is a bonus, However with Clubs in Div 7 and Div 6 paying for players it's hard for any club these days.
by The Rooster
Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

God they always have hot chicks at the cricket over there......

Why don't we ever get them here?
by carey
Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |