Search found 24 matches

Return

Re: T20 series V England

carey wrote:Glad to see the dickhead DC fail as well.

Probably renovating the change rooms right now.
by Dogmatic
Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

Great over so far from Cummins. Perth deserve to win. The calculated total is a disgrace.
by Dogmatic
Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

NZ would count this as a win from the position they were in.
Will declare with a lead of 400,
I wouldnt declare, keep them out in the field. Declaring serves no purpose to NZ at all, highly unlikely they will get the 10 wickets
It's a free crack, give them a target that they can't achieve and you never know what could happen
Just make sure they can't win unlike the redbacks!
by Dogmatic
Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

whufc wrote:First 40 overs the key for us before tha ball starts reversing and we go to water

The straight balls will probably get them.
by Dogmatic
Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

You don't get this kind of atmosphere in the pyjama games.
by Dogmatic
Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sporting Pulse

If you are using the website, round summary is accessed through the "more" link.
by Dogmatic
Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Being 2-0 up in the series I wouldn't mind if they gave Jason Behrendorff a go. He is a left hander and has been getting plenty of wickets this season.

And how's his 4 day form? Edit; 4 matches 14 wickets @ 27. 10 came in one game. 4/260 in his other 3
Give me a break, looks great when bowling 4 overs, so does Starc.

Its down to Starc, Siddle or Agar to replace him, no one else in the squad that has assembled in Sydney
Were you one of the old blokes in the muppets?

Sorry for disagreeing with you and not getting caught up in the hype of 1 or 2 over spells with white balls on the WACA against weaker opposition than u find in shield games.
40 shield wickets last year.
Exception reporting. Take the best returns out of small sample averages and of course it looks totally different.
His first class bowling average over 20 matches is 25.57, Mitch Johnson's first class is 28.6 and Starc's 31.56.
His returns look pretty good to me.
by Dogmatic
Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

@Dogmatic,

So we are picking bowlers on last years from now are we?
I commented on him being in good form this season and you criticised it.
I then brought in some stats from last season and overall shield career and you criticised it.

The selectors will probably pick someone from the current test squad however in the absence of Mitch Johnson and being up 2-0 in the series in my opinion I would love to see Behrendorff given a go.
by Dogmatic
Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2015

Rik E Boy wrote:Hogg Division II has been created on SuperCoach.

League Invite Code

regards,

REB

Moneybrawl is back.
Cheers REB
by Dogmatic
Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm not chasing you - Pool Swimmers, Jays Jocks, FoxinSo

valleys07 wrote:Give me the league code for Fox in sox, REB. Work colleague of mine so i'll get onto her.

Cheers.

Wow, she is easy ;)
by Dogmatic
Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

Great start by Mitch Starc. One dirty slogger gone.
by Dogmatic
Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jays Jocks - 2128
Spud Factory FC - 2114
Brown Boys - 2110
Moneybrawl - 2086
Duromine Dependent - 2029
ZedForce - 2019
Denver Crows - 2009
Such Is Fyfe - 1999
FOOTYLEDGENS - 1995
Hips Dont Lie - 1975
Professor Crow - 1974
Choppa's Standards - 1955
Wigg Brothers - 1939
DaisysDuds - 1921
Crack of Trust - 1874
Killer Wombats! - 1867
Jims TigerRoos - 1847
Greedy Guns - 1785
by Dogmatic
Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rank 2215
Avg 1979
by Dogmatic
Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 discussion

Q. wrote:Rockliff has re-broken all three ribs.

No surprise with all the fantasy coaches jumping on him ;)
by Dogmatic
Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Fixing" the AFL

It pains me to say this, but I agree with Bennys no.2 point.

If they paid holding the balls (the ones that should be paid, but aren't anymore) players will have to vacate the immediate area so the player can take his kick. Letting him hold onto it, then call a ball up just causes everyone to congregate in same area, and most ball ups result in another stoppage immediately after.

Pay the frees that are there, and the game will flow. They don't call them either way. They let the player being tackled drop the ball. Once the ball hits the ground, of course everyone's gonna jump on it if they haven't heard a whistle.
Boundary umpires and field umpires also contribute to congestion with the throw ins and bounce ups. They continually look over their shoulders and wait for people to get to the impact zone. Don't wait for the players and they will learn pretty quick. It will probably lead to less off the ball free kicks.
by Dogmatic
Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

Congratulations to Warren for writing this article whilst others within the media bow to their masters and choose to forget who assisted them to get to their current positions. The correct place for the Adelaide and Port Adelaide reserves is the VFL by expanding it to a full AFL reserves. The AFL is imposing a cost burden on the SANFL clubs by not introducing an AFL reserves and also compromising the competition. I don't hate Adelaide and Port for being in the SANFL I hate the SANFL for not being strong enough to demand that the AFL reserves is the appropriate place and I hate the AFL for not doing what's best for the future of grassroots footy. SANFL clubs compete for recruiting the worst player to be delisted from an AFL list just to improve. Today Adelaide had 18/21 from their list that played and had the luxury of dropping 2 off before the game.If anyone thinks that a an SANFL club can compete against this is delirious. Adelaide FC will decide if they win the premiership in the SANFL this year. The only thing that will stop them if the senior team bomb out early and they want all their players back to preseason all together.

It will be even worse next year if the Port get more players on the park.

That article, posted as fair use for critical study purposes ...

Dominant Crows a reason to be concerned for SANFL

Warren Partland, comment, The Advertiser
September 3, 2016 6:16pm
Subscriber only

THERE are going to be some very concerned SANFL club chief executives heading into next season.

Crowd numbers and interest has already dipped since the AFL clubs were granted permission to have a side in the state league.

The 4000 fans Adelaide promised at games has not eventuated, not even close.

Now those CEOs will have nightmares over the summer months waiting for the ramifications of the Crows' belting of Central District in yesterday’s elimination final. Have no doubt, it will hurt the competition. And the further the Crows travel the more damage will be done.

Clubs will be extremely nervous. But they should have known this was a possibility when, apart from Central District and South Adelaide, they voted for their inclusion.

Colleague Craig Cook cheers for the Bulldogs in the SANFL and the Crows in the AFL. During yesterday's game, he tweeted the comp has lost relevance on so many levels. Another colleague, a staunch Sturt man, refuses to go to games involving the AFL clubs. He calls them trial matches.

"This result makes me very nervous,'' Bulldogs CEO Kris Grant said. "I can already feel the sapping of enthusiasm from our officials and support staff.''

He may as well been the mouthpiece for eight clubs.

Some clubs have been told they cannot spend all their $400,000 salary cap next season. There are Crows opponents earning more than that.

The time has come for the SANFL to restrict the number of AFL players the Crows and Port Adelaide can have in their sides. The SANFL has the ability to play with the rules, it proved that on Tuesday.

And the Crows don't care, they are getting the quality trial matches they need to develop.
by Dogmatic
Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

In the NEAFL GF today Toby Nankervis and Jeremy Laidler were withdrawn as possible replacements for Tippett and Callum Mills.
Grand finals don't mean much to the AFL listed teams.
GWS won 11:16 to Sydney 11:12.
by Dogmatic
Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zero limit is a much better figure.
Where are the 8 extra players coming from?
Why strip other local clubs of their best players?
P1ss them off to the AFL reserves.
by Dogmatic
Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2012 Brownlow

No one else at Essendon outside of the banned players polled a vote in the 2012 Brownlow. Thought Zaharakis would have polled some votes.
by Dogmatic
Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

My mail from pretty close to the source is that Hannath will be remaining in Perth to try and resurrect his AFL career.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/east-perth-want-mitch-clark-to-consider-returning-to-his-original-wafl-club/news-story/06cf31867f73e786f625ee5add61d9d3

Delisted Fremantle ruckman Jack Hannath has already committed to returning to his native South Australia after being courted by several WAFL clubs, including Perth.
I would go with Daisy here as I reckon his source is immediate family. Don't believe what you read in the media.
by Dogmatic
Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mayor Angela Evans backed cutting the club’s costs but criticised the fact that the club spent $430,000 on 53 Eagles players.

I hope she looks at the councils expenditure through the same set of glasses.
by Dogmatic
Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gold Coast Holiday....

Not a fan of the Gold Coast and reckon it’s highly overrated. When we go up for the footy we usually stay in Brisbane and just go down to the game. If we do stay we prefer Broadbeach over Surfers and the Northcliffe SLC does a good feed with decent views.
Sunshine Coast is far better IMO and Mooloolaba is our go to there. Nice stretch of beaches with plenty of cafes, restaurants and bars. The 4 pines brewery right on the beachfront it pretty decent too
Agreed about the GC ut the flight there is cheaper than Brissy and the wife has never seen it so just the 1night and yeah just somewhere near a decent surf club will do.
Thanks for the heads up about Mooloolaba as I was considering Noosa, might do a night at each or maybe just a lunch time visit to Noosa now.
Alexandra Headland is a nice spot with easy walking distance to 3 surf clubs, Alexandra Headland, Maroochydore and Mooloolaba.
If you are driving and want to get off the freeway the towns of Beerwah, Montville and Eumundi are quite nice.
by Dogmatic
Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division III 2024

Crow Call formerly known as Moneybrawl.
Still a foundation member of the top 8
by Dogmatic
Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |