Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

Legs - I'm guessing the Clubs voted against the motion in the best interest of the League. It would've clearly advantaged the powerhouse Junior Clubs such as Hahndorf and Blackwood who year in year out could notch up an 4-8 extra wins from their U15's and U17's finals campaigns. Similarly it can reward teams like yourself who came from the Elimination Final giving you the opportunity for 4 extra wins. Your motion would've suited you this year, but think about the future. Take this for an example - Say Echunga and TV are 9th and 10th respectively on the P&R ladder with only 2pts separating you at the end of the minor round, let's say Echunga finish top in the A Grade and go onto win the flag again (gaining 2 finals wins). Torrens Valley come from 5th and make the grand final, therefore notching up 3 finals wins along the way and overtake you, would that mean Echunga takes the League to court again?

I agree it's a sad set of circumstances and I believe you have a place in Central but not this way. I also believe Bridgey have earned a right to compete in Central.
by Yellow & Black
Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Echunga FC won the Central Div Flag, WE ALL GET THAT. What you are failing to comprehend at ECHUNGA is your 4 other grades STINK. You are judged as a CLUB not on the results of an overpaid A grade side (and I agree most are overpaid). So build your depth, develop your kids and then return to Central stronger as a CLUB. This type of situation will force CLUBS to put more emphasis on their junior programs and I applaud the HFL for this.
by rock
Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One word sums up the HFL - JOKE!!!

I hoped that both the clubs and HFL would realise the best option - which was to count finals accumulated points.

Self centred decision by clubs voting against it and one which is insane.

They were all given the best option for the competition as a whole - backed with legal consultation and didn't take it.

Common sense and an opportunity to put this all behind them and get on with next season - but alas they couldn't comprehend this.

Unbelievably the clubs voted only a month ago that points from finals count when allocating apps points for the next season.

This leaves me shaking my head in disbelief - WTF!

Other points obviously not taken into consideration:

Uneven playing field with respect to TV who were allocated more points on a whim by the HFL - disgraceful again particularly when the HFL stated that no extra points would be allocated as of the start of the 2014 season.
Allowing TV to host the important second round match when their sad excuse for an oval wasn't fit for a pig to wallow in is another example.
The parameters apparently set by the HFL in this instance were not fulfilled by TV but the league still allowed them to play there.

A reduced preparation time for Echunga going into Central was also another determining factor which was obviously not taken into account when voting.

Interesting times ahead as I can assure everyone that Echunga will not take this decision as the finality of the relegation case.

Why would clubs and the HFL put themselves in this predicament when they know full well the legal standing with respect to the by laws within the constitution.

It seems legal opinion has been totally disregarded in this instance - the concerned parties obviously know better.

The decision by all parties concerned is one they should hang their heads in shame for.

I hope they are prepared for what is to come.
Legsman, you might have to take some personal responsibility for the decision against Echunga. When I first got onto the forum I didn't realise how many people actually read it. My identity is not an alias & a lot of people (not on this forum) have recently said to me that you have done more damage than help to Echungas cause with your constant rants against the HFL & other clubs.
by cracka
Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |