Search found 464 matches

Return

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

beef wrote:I heard from North Haven official that 4/5 A graders had reitred. Dont know names though.

The great @Boosh?
by Mr Beefy
Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

mickey wrote:What is going on at West Torrens? Hearing from a couple of different sources that the coach has been given his marching orders....

Rumbles?
by Mr Beefy
Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

anyone shed some light on happenings at woody south, Clifford appointed coach, announced & details changed on saafl website for club but now states Ben Porter as A grade coach, has there been a change or just a website mistake?

spoke to ben a few weeks ago..this would be some sort of typo or glitch in the matrix..

whos the coach?
Bomber
by Mr Beefy
Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Does anyone who has the current version of tapatalk know how to get rid of the stupid "sent from iPhone via tapatalk" crap that comes up at the bottom of each post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go into your settings and edit signature
On Tapatalk what does the White V in the Blue Dimond represent? Those on Tapatalk have the Tapatalk icon next to their name but what is this other icon next your name Q?
VIP. Tap it and it tells you
by Mr Beefy
Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General discussion/predictions - in lead up to 2016 seas

bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote:How can you be as good as last year and still miss finals?

What unit of measurement are you using to determine what "good" is?

So you think how good a team is is dictated purely by win/loss in a season?

I do, that's why the ladder is based on wins/percentage and not opinions
by Mr Beefy
Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Both Dutchy's post & Booney's reply were both measured, factual and didn't resemble a troll or contain a snide remark. Dutchy doesn't hide is dislike for Port, his choice. But if anyone is upset/offended by his last post, then I suggest you're a tad precious.
I think he is talking about Wedgie's posts
by Mr Beefy
Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

New strip for United to avoid clashes with Angle Vale or merely a training strip MC? They look bloody good.
The important question is...... are the tigers parting ways with the canary yellow shorts?

Isn't that cute the two players have matching Tattoos, does that make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

:? How do you know this? One is in a short sleeve top and one has a long sleeve top :?
It's the same bloke I reckon
OJ should have went to specsavers
by Mr Beefy
Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Lunch Quiz

Cuba Gooding Jnr
by Mr Beefy
Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAs most travelled footballer!!!

@S Demon - this one
by Mr Beefy
Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

not trying to be a communist or whatever but just like on the streets of summer bay they are both single people

the whole outrage over it all in my opinion is one big storm in a teacup

she is NOT billys missus, she WAS billys missus

just perspective, not that i would make the same choices but no real rules hav actually been broken unlike what mr carey did hey carey

If they had spoken about it and both(Bill and Gary) agreed it was ok then play on........but it appears Lyon did it behind Bill's back!
That's the problem!
Its been reported that Bill thinks it has been going on for 3-4 years
by Mr Beefy
Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Social Betting Syndicate

I was in a syndicate and we would run it from perth cup to stakes day. We would rotate the punt each week. You had to punt about 60 or so when it was your turn which equated to 15 per week. If you won it would go into bank. We would then punt a stack on caulfield, cox, derby, and cup day. Got a payout one year of 3k on caulfield cup day after getting quaddie. And had 2k to bet on derby etc
by Mr Beefy
Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

https://vine.co/v/irLB7QD2Phg
Turnbull and his mates .
I don't think Turnbull (nor his "mates") share much with Cory Bernardi.

Cory is way out on the fringe beyond Tony Abbott, but his electorate seem to like him and so do party members in his electorate.
And, of course, in the Liberal Party the members in the electorate vote on whom they want as their candidate and the party can't over-rule that vote.
(It is not like in the ALP where the factions and unions can impose someone on the grass roots members without their agreement.)

I've stood with Cory at Liberal Party functions and argued in favour of supporting gay marriage with him. Interestingly, he doesn't get huffy or arrogant about it, but remains civil and polite. Several times we've debated issues like that, agreed to disagree, and then he has nominated me for some party position at the meeting straight afterwards.
In October, Mr Turnbull was met with ridicule from Liberal Party members at the state council when he suggested the party was not run by factions.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/strife-for-malcolm-turnbull-as-liberal-moderates-flex-muscles/news-story/92c53793690850d7592dd17c2a8be853
by Mr Beefy
Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its not ridiculous, nor is it unsubstantiated. Im not going to potentially put myself or the site in potential legal trouble by naming and causing potential embarrassment the club involved, especially if they manage to get up for the season.

Ive been a football volunteer for longer than i care to remember and unless it directly affects our club not many people would care to be honest.

I also trust youll now start aiming your fire at the other 90% of posters, including certain folk at your own club, that dont mind stirring unsubstantiated garbage given you seem to hate it so much.
Volunteer? You trainers charge more than wounded bulls...
by Mr Beefy
Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Ocean Road and back in five days

Just looked at a map, **** i was miles off
by Mr Beefy
Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brad Halls?
by Mr Beefy
Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1....Finally It Is Here

As bad as Hawkins today
by Mr Beefy
Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 2 2016

Robran wrote:
jo172 wrote:Seems someone might be in a bit of hot water for playing with too many points last round.

Do tell :shock:

2 points is 2 points, and top of the ladder now!
by Mr Beefy
Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APPS New recruiting rules - Your thoughts?

A thought with the college sides and the points system...

Why do we judge a college player's point eligibility on games played for the school?? Surely a player's attachment to the school is primarily determined by the amount of time they spent there??

It would be a better solution and also make for simpler administration of the points system if 0 point eligibility was determined by years of enrollment. I suggest a player must have attended the college for 3 years of senior school (between yr 8-12) to be eligible for 0 points. Who cares if they played basketball or soccer, go there for 3 years in senior school and fair enough you are connected to that school.

This would solve the issue of colleges not keeping good records of games played and also the League receiving potentially dubious statistics on this issue when requested. Also, 3 years would help fix the 0 point eligibility some players claim when they have a very limited attachment to the school, ie when they receive scholarships in yr 11 and 12 to bolster their first 18's side.

It does seem ridiculous that PAC for example have a number of '0 point 'juniors'' who are 0 points because they were on scholarship and effectively paid juniors. Obviously scholarships are not dished out to service the Old Col's side, but that's the result in reality.
Why don't they just prove that they played 20 or more games since the year in which they turned 13 (or whatever the rule is)? Without proof, they are worth whatever their worth to anyone else who recruits them.
by Mr Beefy
Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:
Reminds me of a quote by a famous Feminist, Margaret Atwood:

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them"

She is a fiction writer...

Now who is cracking onto whose misso
by Mr Beefy
Wed May 11, 2016 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8, mate.

RustyCage wrote:Winning a few close ones early does the world of good for players confidence, the difference between being mid table and looking down on everyone

More importantly it gives you the chance to rest or "manage" players
by Mr Beefy
Tue May 17, 2016 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

I think the blatantly biased calls work on radio as they go into a smaller market.

The 5aa calls are fine imo. Obviously biased towards the crows and power but don't pretend not to be.

On TV it's a different matter because it's national coverage
They might get a bigger market if they werent so biased
by Mr Beefy
Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For Parklands based clubs it is very difficult to entice opposition clubs to the place where they drink as it usually requires getting in a car to drive 5 minutes down the road to some city pub. At away games they have to get back to the city pub and usually via home as they then have some other event to attend as well.
What a load of bollocks! What is wrong with having a beer outside the changerooms. We have played Blackfriars and Pulteney in the parklands and both clubs packed their shit up so they could get out of there as quickly as possible without any thought to having a drink with the opposition.
And as for the away games, how is that any different to any other club?
Smithfield always invites the opposition into the club after games for a 2 or 3 jugs. Away venues usually do fairly well at the bar with the Smitty supporters, as long as they stock up on the red tins.
You bloked were excellent in R1 at our ground.
by Mr Beefy
Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

I worry about a bloke who calls members customers.
by Mr Beefy
Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Mr Beefy
Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Mr Beefy
Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

So a 2016 D2 side plays a 2016 D5 side in 2017, sounds like it will be a good comp....just like the SFL.

Run a 12 team D1, put brighton in there, only relegate bottom side in each grade, top2 still get promoted, twisties in D4. Bottom 4 in each grade get relegated at end of 2017, top 2 get promoted
by Mr Beefy
Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

I note that no points were stripped off Rosewater, meaning I assume that they can apply to rejoin & come straight back into D5. With the proposal that only the D5 Premier gets promoted this year due to the "horrible" likely decision to allow Brighton & Morphettville Park to queue jump other loyal Clubs, this could have represented a way to both further sanction Rosewater & reward both D5 GF combatants.

Surely they can't come back via Div 5.

Salisbury west didn't.

Great example to set for other clubs if your captain hits an umpire.

Just simply sit the seasin out and rejoin Scott free The next season
Maybe get you facts in order before commenting.
by Mr Beefy
Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Shrek brings up some good points, in retrospect maybe they should have just taken all their points away and allowed footballers that have done nothing wrong the chance to still play to the end of the season?

Think the League were worried if they just took points off them, therefore making them unable to play finals, then anything could have happened in the last three games. Don't think this decision was made just because of the umpire assault, Rosewater were on their final warning, and the list of offences over the last two years is huge, worse than what was listed.

The League made the right call and can only really feel sorry for Elizabeth (and Lockleys next week) who miss out on big days they had planned.
Get a clue. There is a reason Glenunga, Eliz and Lockleys chose to have these days against Rosewater. It is because we bring supporters. They had no concern about our behaviour.
And we had no warning
by Mr Beefy
Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:Wondering.. with Dylan Lockwood getting a 1 game suspension, would that run concurrently with the Rosewater club suspension, or would he have to miss Rd 1 2017?

And does Rumbelow come back in R16 2036 or does he have to wait until R1 2037?
by Mr Beefy
Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Spangas wrote:if any blokes have had a vasectomy recently and can recommend a surgeon?
I've made a few calls, but the information is like getting blood out of a stone....or sperm out of a de-sexed male.

http://urologyteam.com/our-doctors/dr-richard-chopp
by Mr Beefy
Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

There's strong merger talks between Smithfield and Kenilworth

Surely this is a joke there is no way this could work!!!!

Yes mate, sorry for the lack of emoji.

The logistics of this simply make it impossible. The distance between the clubs is to great
I think you were correct when you said it was a joke
by Mr Beefy
Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How are this weekends match ups and how are the state of the ovals being used with this rain coming I'm expecting low scoring slogging matches?

Lockleys with a big hole to fill after the injury to Martinello.

Have you heard how his scans went MH??

Not good, theres some cartilage floating around his knee which is from when he hurt his knee in 2014. Going in friday for a clean out which gives him a chance of playing the GF if Lockleys make it
Seems he made a miraculous recovery and was named 3rd best
by Mr Beefy
Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

My post was directed at Spargo but yes I agree, it deserved one week downgraded to a fine
My guess is he knew he was going to be late to the contest and thought he'd still make him earn it.
Did he mean to split him open? No.
Did he mean to make contact to his head (thinking he'd only cop the 50m)? Quite possibly.
He's unlucky it was Ebert who has become a bit of a "bleeder".
Well he was nowhere near the ball
What's wrong with you?

Why the hell would you bring logic and facts to an debate on here. There is no place on here for facts, logic or common sense.

[emoji12]
Yeah I know, just got sick of the hysteria over poor rory. He recklessly, probably deliberately, punched a bloke in the head, split him open and sent him from the ground to be stitched up and he should get a fine, please. Anyone would think he plays for Hawthorn!
by Mr Beefy
Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Im more concerned with all these c grade players who "bust their nuts on the field" must be an exciting brand of footy
by Mr Beefy
Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

I remember the Collingwood officials walking away from the meeting with David Cloke when Jason decided to pick them instead of Richmond, strutting as if they'd landed the biggest father/son haul of all time. Jason was meant to be one of the great backmen, then Cameron a dominating ruckmen. Travis did for a while become the best key forward in the game, but wow it was short lived and I imagine if Eddie today went back to that day and told himself what would happen young Eddie would laugh at old Eddie.
They knew Travis was the good one so went after the others so they would get him
by Mr Beefy
Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Nope i didnt go back that far. Ill chuck in jezabeel then

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
by Mr Beefy
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In other news from yesterday Rosewater won their first junior premiership since a young Satchel ran around in the U13s in 1993
by Mr Beefy
Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

Are your ears painted on, youre not picking up what im putting down. You are the ignorant pricks who are changing the basis of the argument to suit your own agenda.
I'll type slow for the intellectually challenged, the Crows have the second longest current Grand Final appearance drought behind Richmond. That means clubs that you poke fun at like Carlton Essendon and Melbourne who are universally agreed as being basket cases have been run better since 99 than yours. Why isnt the Crows mentioned in the same breath as these? They should be, but that wouldnt sell papers. They are continually talked up in the Adelaide media and you fall for it hook line and sinker. The players also drink their own bath water because of this. Most arrogant club in the AFL
No. They are second at that too, behind Hawthorn
by Mr Beefy
Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Word on the street that the horrible year at rosewater has got worse with Money going missing??
That's awful

Seems to be happening a bit. Read about a club in the murray league where this happened plus is it the junior metro comp down south where this is alleged to have happened too? A whole cricket association got stung not so long ago.

So much cash handling - barbecues, over the bar. Under the table, haha! Clothing in cash. Some players even pay subs via cash - especially when they get told Thursday night before finals that they won't be picked because they're not financial. Suddenly they're waving a fistful of pineapples around!

Very open to abuse. The fact that most club volunteers are good, honest people is why it works mostly. In the 'olden days' cheques had to be co-signed. What controls are in place now with online banking? Does one person have control of the club accounts?
One person submits the payment/transfer, another person approves it.
by Mr Beefy
Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2016

Booney wrote:Boris.

=D> =D>

I think it was the new guernsey that made his mind up...
by Mr Beefy
Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I rate Tit Monday

Tit Monday:

This put it best. I didn't write it, for those who thought I did but i'll claim it if you want me to:

"Ah, Tit Monday. It's not that far off now...

That glorious day when, heading into work on the bus, or sitting on the train, you find yourself suddenly chirpier than you have been in months. You find yourself smiling at strangers again. There is a mild involuntary tumescence in your trousers that comes and goes throughout the morning with the comforting regularity of a heartbeat.

And then you get a text around lunchtime from a mate which says: "At last, Tit Monday!" And you instantly understand why you are so happy. For Tit Monday is that special day in the year when, for the first time, the temperature rises above that magical point which causes girls getting dressed in the morning to decide to show a bit of skin.

After months of dull colours and chunky knit, the world's birds suddenly dive into last summer's wardrobe (they've not had chance to buy this season's stuff) and chuck it on without a thought. Your urban landscape is suddenly lightened with acres of naked arm and leg and, after many dark months of burrowing, breasts rising to the surface like moles at dusk.

Big breasts in white work shirts straining at the buttons. Small breasts braless in vest tops, the nipples frotted by ribby fabrics. Breasts in summer dresses bouncing in the distance so that they catch your eye before you even notice there is someone wearing them. Breasts nudging out from the crowd at traffic islands, quivering to cross the road...

And you know it is nearly summer. For previous generations, the arrival of spring was heralded by the sound of the first cuckoo. For us, it is Tit Monday.

Not that it always falls on a Monday. Like Easter, Tit Monday is a moveable feast.

And then, of course, there is Tit Monday Night. You see, in early summer, temperatures drop off very dramatically when night falls. But the dollies are not prepared. Slightly stunned by the morning heat, they drag out the summer clothes but forget to bring a cardie (a mistake they will not make again until next year), so that when they're all standing outside the pub after work celebrating the arrival of spring, their barely covered nipples have no protection from the cold. It's like a Bring-and-Buy sale where everyone has brought hat pegs. It's like a prog-rock gig where, instead of lighters, everyone is holding up nipples.

So when will Tit Monday fall this year? Will you be the first to text your mates with the announcement? Do not shoot your bolt too early. There will be false starts. You will smell fresh cut grass and see a couple of early starters and feel compelled to declare Tit Monday. But your more level-headed friends will tell you to hold your horses, keep your powder dry, don't fire until you see the whites of their bra straps.

As the poet said: one bold Northern slapper in a bikini doth not a summer make."
Any chance today is the day?
by Mr Beefy
Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

stan wrote:North are an interesting one, possibly missing the 8 or battling for a 17th or 18th spot maybe.

Fixed that for you
by Mr Beefy
Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

Todays Tiser "Matt Turner" Probe into salary cap breaches.

Quote from Matt Duldig "We THINK it has worked really well"
You have to be joking ,this witch hunt is a disgrace to all grass roots football clubs .

Matt and his now army of volunteers :roll: who continue to tell all we are saving ourselves from ourselves !!

Matt go back and TRY another way to prop up a very poor product in the SANFL!
I'm not sure how to interpret this. You don't think the salary cap has worked well, so you think clubs are breaching the rules. Yet you call it a witch hunt for investigating those suspected of breaking the rules? Are they supposed to ignore suspected breaches?
It's one thing to disagree with the rule but your club, and every other club, has agreed to abide by it.
by Mr Beefy
Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2016

Brodlach wrote:I reckon Aaron Black was a good get for the Cats, type of stay at home forward that will really help Hawkins

Yeah, he might help if he stays at home and doesn't come to the game
by Mr Beefy
Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Q. wrote:Do we know when Round 1 will be?

Easter in mid-April. I'm thinking Sat 1st April is Round 1?

Yep 1st of April. Some (D5 is) draft fixtures are already available if you go into you sporting pulse database
by Mr Beefy
Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Have you blokes been on the gear?
by Mr Beefy
Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Am I one of the few regular punters that doesn't rate the Melbourne Cup? For me an overhyped distance race.

So far had a bet in each Flemington race.....except the Cup
Yes true, but it is usually still the best race, albeit a lottery, on what is normally an ordinary day of racing.
Anyway #13 in the lottery for me.
by Mr Beefy
Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Meeting one of my SA Footy idols this morning, left me speechless, especially as their was a beautiful sunrise as a backdrop.
Catching a few crabs for lunch.
Acoustic tunes pumping through the speakers.
A beautiful 15 month old Cooper's Lager with a mixture of golden and maple syrup to just help forget about life for a while!
Yeah well he didnt even cause a stirring to the loin when i had a beer with him and Mrs Boon today
[emoji15] [emoji15] how could it not!!!

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
We were missing the sunrise and home brew i suspect
by Mr Beefy
Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |