Search found 801 matches

Return

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

I'll be staying in Pike pocket. The last time I saw safooty people at a game a drunk carey told me to get a job after my mates dobbed me in
Thought of you this morning - the Mrs had all her clobber out ready to wear tonight.. topped off with a signed PA jumper - felt like informing her that wasn't appropriate clothing attire for the footy! :lol:
You thought of me when looking at your missus?

Whatever floats your boat! <3
by morell
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whilst it had no bearing on the result, didn't like the deliberately rushed free in the last quarter today, maybe against Howard? I understand the rule, but he had eyes only for the mark which he fumbled near the line - Now if he's looking at the ball the whole time HTF is he supposed to know if there's an opponent up his clacker or not. One could argue he spilled the easy mark expecting body contact, in which case he obviously thought there was an opponent nearby.

If he knocks it out of bounds there is no question it wouldve been deliberate, why does the fact he missed the point post and went through for a point change that ruling??

Because you're allowed to rush a behind under pressure, but can't deliberately put it OOB under pressure.

No way was he under pressure apart from his own choke. Didnt know what to do when he had to take a basic chest mark instead of spoiling. Very limited footballer that many Port fans here are pinning their hopes for the future on Perhaps the worst call I've seen on safooty.

He will be very special for a long time. Was absolutely magnificent tonight.
by morell
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You just defined happy clapper syndrome.

Port Adelaide has always been super introspective and demanding of success. We shouldn't change that mindset.

Besides, this forum would be pretty boring if it was just a bunch of backslapping going on .
by morell
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Morrell - this shit about bad game plans and allow numbers behind the ball, and your suggestion to equal numbers is D7 reserves shit.. if the likes of Dixon & Co can’t get clean opportunity in a congested F50, then adding an extra 3/4/5 is only going to exasperate the issue - and leave PA very vulnerable defensively on the spread and split when a turn over occurs. You failed in your attempts to not sound like a happy clapper and you fundamentally misunderstood my point.

I don't expect to match up the numbers. Absolutely with the skills of the modern AFL footballer trying to go 1v1 across the ground would be a disaster and make us susceptible to the rebound.

But. Id like the target to not be a midget. We repeatedly have Neade and Gray X2 as the target and bomb it on their head. If Marshall drops out, pick someone that can compete in the air and/or drag a key defender away. Play Hombsch forward. If not put him back and play Howard forward. Play Ryder deeper. Okay Westhoff deeper. Whatever, just give us a chance to kick more than one goal in a half of football against what was in all honesty a massively dilapidated Richmond away from home. We had them on toast and could have skull ****** them, but went ultra defensive.

I'd also like to maybe have 1 or 2 behind the ball. Not 4. Maybe back in the mids and ruck at a centre clearance with a reasonable starting forward structure.

Kicking one goal in a half against that Richmond side in good conditions on our home deck isn't a good enough form line to compete for a flag. Which is what we should be aiming for right now.

Stop being soft and demand excellence.
by morell
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

So apparently I need to get out more according to beige_liquid, which coming from a man who repeatedly professes his obsession over a yeast based beverage, I do find strange. You don’t see others calling themselves breakfeast_cereal and then ensuring their lives revolved around cornflakes and weetbix. But whatever, I like beigey so I’ll play along and start contributing more detail from my social life.

I am also a massive fan of Anthony Bordain. If there was a celebrity who I think I would most like to be, it would’ve been him. So in his honour, here is a typically acerbic and overly wordy review of a restaurant.

Bai Long Store

Once all the jokes had been made in terribly typical slightly racist ocker Aussie version of an Chinese accent, myself, the missus and some friends of ours entered into the bottom of the Channel 10 building on Hutt Street to try the new hip Modern Asian restaurant, Bai Long Store. I’ve always found the term “Modern Asian” a little confusing, as in, Asia is a ******* big place man! Is it sashimi from the fresh fish of the Tokyo markets? Is it a delicate Masaman Curry from Phuket? Maybe some meat on a stick from the Islamic quarters of Xi’an? Usually it’s just fancy Chinese food. This was no exception.

Once seated, I noted just how god damn noisy it was. I hate that. Dinner with friends is meant to exacerbate conversation, not inhibit it. I struggled to hear what others were saying and ended up death glaring at the young 20-somethings on the table next to us who obviously thought it was a nightclub and were that busy instagramming their dishes they forgot to actually eat them. Anyway, the décor was simple but classy, plain white tables with one side of comfy chairs the others - not so. Usually the feminine halves get the comfy side, but not this time, old mate James staking a claim for rebuking toxic masculinity and insisting on a cushion.

Menus were simple and easy to understand. Also not too large which is a pleasant surprise from having to use a number to delineate your dish in your cheaper type Asian restaurants. The waitress with her subtle tattoos and caked on makeup was polite but rehearsed explained that the mains are on the right and entrees on the left. I pondered why they didn’t just have a title which showed that. Anyway, once that was done I had settled on a starter of crispy chicken with a main of ribs followed by a dessert called “The Garden” or something. Then, the dreaded option was raised that made ones blood curdle.

“Shall we just pick a few things and share?”

“**** no, we shall ******* not!” Was what went through my head. I had my choices, I was looking forward to it and I wanted all of it. Sure, slice of a bit if you’re keen on a nibble, but 1/6thing my dishes was not something I wanted to partake in. Let alone swapping some of my beef ribs for some vegetarian tofu or garden salad. But of course being the decorum ninja that I am, a polite smile and small nod was made and we ordered the aforementioned dishes plus the prawns with a fruit salsa and black noodle, San choi bao (lettuce burritos) the soft pork belly with kimchi and the highlight of the night – the Lamb cutlets cooked in water with a Banana chilli. They were absolutely beautifully cooked, delicate yet quite sizeable for a cutlet.

Dessert came out and it looked like something George, Matt and the other bloke would ooohh and ahhh over on ChefMasters. It honestly looked like a garden in a glass with little mushrooms and plants in dirt. Quite the picture. But, the mousse was a bit bland, I didn’t notice any of the passionfruit curd and it wasn’t sweet enough for my decidedly huge sweet tooth. Others might enjoy the subtlety more.

We paid up and it came to about $70/pp which wasn’t too bad all things considered, but at the end of the day, other than the lamb, I reckon your local favourite Chinese place (mine is Gin Ling) would do just as good a job as most of the dishes for half the price and a quarter of the pretentiousness.

Off to the Havelock afterwards for a night cap – what has happened to this place? It used to be full of glamours and footballers. Now it’s pretty much dead! Then the long drive home to Meadows where a sneaky cup of Madura with a row of Picnic Cadbury Chocolate was enjoyed.

morell’s rating – 3 beige liquids out of 5
by morell
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ohhh admin v mod bitch fight

I like it.
by morell
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I might interject.

You really can't comment on the tooing and frooing in someone else's relationship, Wedgie.

LMs partner might really appreciate the decisiveness and think it's sweet. She might then make all the decisions in other places... ;)
by morell
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This thread has well and truly delivered.
by morell
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mentioned it to my missus and she said "I bet he's terrible in bed, what does he ask before, you know ;)"
by morell
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With my last review instigating such profound and insightful discussion, perhaps you will all do me the service of entertaining another review from last night’s dinner. This time of the quaint and humble Gepetto’s of Hahndorf.

Gepetto’s at Hahndorf

Nestled into the heart of the German themed town of Hahndorf and inspired by the mythical Gepetto, a craftsman who brought wood to life, this quaint Italian fare promises simple and rustic dishes that everyone would be familiar with, but love all the same. Mount Barker Road is a special place in Winter, without the truck loads of tourists who have a gaze of disappointment and young couples on Tinder dates during the busier months, it is a picturesque and homely place to dine. This author tends to avoid German food – too much sausage and sauerkraut. In my opinion the best thing to come from a pig is bacon and after that, it’s tosh. Thankfully, Gepetto’s is not alone, with several excellent non-Nazi restaurants dotting the street like London Plane Trees in Burnside.

The décor is perfect, with Pinocchio themed menus and statues giving the air of child like fun. The tables are the classical wood craftsman style – complete with a swaying ledge underneath to play footsies with your significant other. No fine white linen napkins to wipe off the passata either, instead, simple home style tea towels. It all mixes together to make the diner feel like they’re at home. That’s how it should be, relaxed, fun and inviting.

Family owned by the Martino’s, Mick welcomes you with a friendly but not imposing style. Karrawatta Dairy Block is ordered for the wine to tip off the night, an easy drop of Shiraz from Meadows itself, it is perfectly matched with the acidic tones of the dishes on offer. I order the Penne Ragu slow cooked veal and chicken with tomato. The missus, showing dare, guile and wit beyond her years, summons courage from the depths of her very being and manages to order herself the Linguine Con Granchio. I sat stunned. Pondering exactly how someone with a vagina was able to successfully navigate a menu, pick something *AND* actually successfully communicate that to the waiter. Brilliant. I politely suggest we share the Schiacciata Con Aglio, a garlic pizza to start, which got a death stare a scoff and a subtle “damn the patriarchy” from across the table.

Out comes the garlic pizza and it was disappointing. If I wanted plain bread I’d buy some tip top super white from Foodland. Nary any garlic or cheese. One piece each was enough and the rest was spared. The Ragu and Linguine however, were spectacular. The Ragu with beautifully tender chunks of veal, a richer and more earthy tomato base when combined with the complementary chilli oil meant perfection to my palate. The Linguine too, was enjoyed. A slight hint of sea from the crab meat and a creamy tomato base mixed well together. Ample sizes too, with the missus not quite managing to eat all of her meal whilst also leaving room for dessert.

Dessert was ordered, traditional Panna Cotta. Another dining faux pas was almost committed when the missus suggested sharing just the one. I nearly walked out. Nonetheless I got it together and said – let’s just order two, if you don’t eat it, I’ll finish it because I’m a fat ****. Added to that was a Vanilla Milkshake for her and an Espresso for him. The cream custard was OK, it’s hard to get wrong, but wasn’t light enough and the mixed berry coulis was overpowered by blackcurrant. I prefer a raspberry touch. But it was yummy and the espresso was bang on.

Overall, a really good night. A solid but not outstanding restaurant. We’ll be back for the Ragu and atmosphere.

Morell’s rating: 3 and half orders for your missus out of 5
by morell
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

I also said strength. I don't want to increase scoring. I want to eliminate scoring due to bullshit.

It doesn't have being the nation together, no, but I think that's the one thing missing from our social sporting landscape.

There is such potential there. It's frustrating.

You don’t think it brings the nation together.......... have you got your blinkers on
It brings soccer fans together. I don't think it ingratiates itself amongst the rest of the population as much as it could.

Might I add - soccer fans being hyper sensitive doesn't help.

Criticise footy all you like, **** illt probably join you!
by morell
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I said "if that's the case" in response to Jim you pelicans

I have faith that they can remove the "simulation" - it was a priority a little while back if I can recall.

The hilarious thing it’s in afl too. But I don’t hear you not wanting to follow the power anymore when one of the worst joined your team over the off season
In AFL serial divers are pariahs, not hero's.

Also, the consequences of a cheap dive in afl could be what, 3% of the score? In soccer it's more often that not 50%-100%

Soccer's greatest strength (low scoring increasing the drama and intrigue) is also it's greatest weakness.

That's the point. It could be awesome and unlike Rugby bring the whole Nation together. But it's hamstrung by this issue.
by morell
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Every soccer fan ever:

"Soccer doesn't get enough coverage"
"Treated unfairly in the media"
"Don't get the same funding"
"Australians dont support it"

Casual or non fans:

"Hey maybe it's because of this"

Also every soccer fan ever:

"Piss off if you don't like it!!!"
by morell
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

Then what was the situation with Lynch?
He only coaches when he can sniff a flag
Literally talking about the guy who was made famous by losing in record margins after coaching a losing Aldinga for years. Then took on a struggling Mitchell Park who were rank outsiders to do anything for a long time.

Facts are - OSB wanted to advertise for a coach - encouraged Lynchy to apply. Lynchy thought that was a bit rough after coaching for free and making the GF. Decided not to apply.
by morell
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

they sacked the wrong coach....

:axe: :axe: :axe: Ross is doing a great job. We probably have different metrics for "success" this year. Less about stocking up on paid players to win D7 flags - like we've done in the past. Only to fail one or two years later.

He's there to build the club sustainability with cultural improvements, youth, off field development etc. so that we win flags in D4 in 2028 instead of D7 in 2019. Our training numbers are all time high. Our event attendance is through the roof. We've actually collected a reasonable amount of subs. We have the youngest team we've had for years. We've made significant cultural change as well with some tough decisions.

We're going ok, yes, we'd like to have won more games, however when you lose your 5 best players in the first 2 rounds that becomes much more difficult.
by morell
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

Poor ass Houghton have they won a flag ever, seem to get done in grannys a lot #commiserations

99 was there last a grade flag and they won the b grade last season

Have lost 3 A-grade GFs yes, although never played in one with such blatantly one-sided umpiring as there was on Saturday. Reckon I'm done with footy, there is not much to gain from putting a tired old body through a whole year of footy to have the result at the end determined by a couple of **** with an agenda. Yup

Umpiring has gone from being annoyingly incompetent to outright and obvious agenda driven contempt. Any club that doesn't have a choir boy image gets targeted.

My theory is that we have actually gone a bit too far with protecting them. They now think they're supreme court judges there to clean up poor morals in society or something.

We had 25m penalties for saying "what for?!" in a frustrated manner. 25m penalties for "how long, how long?" When standing the mark. 25m penalties for swearing after missing a shot on goal. Yellow cards for a bit of a wrestle.

I had an incident this year - I questioned a decision ( which I later confirmed I was right) after being screamed at by the umpire to shut up or he'll send me off I exclaimed - "we're 20 goals up and it's the third quarter, send me off, I couldn't give a ****". Yellow card for morell

They need to calm down a bit, be a bit more pragmatic and just focus on being as impartial as possible.
by morell
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

I'm not engaging with you on this any further. Have fun.
by morell
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’m following this Mitchell Park saga with great interest. Play on.

On another note, I’d like to congratulate old mate morell on being awarded life membership on Saturday night at the club he loves more dearly than most others love theirs. A fantastic recognition to a loyal, dedicated and most deserving Lion champion. =D> =D> =D>
Thanks mate. They got me a good one. Was supposed to speak about Matthew Davidson being given the nod and had that all prepared, but turned into an absolute blubbering mess and could barely mutter a word - bit embarassing. What that man has done for the club considering all that's going on in his world is nothing short of incredible. No one more deserving.

Then they gave me the nod too. Bastards.

I don't care what anyone says, Mitchell Park is an important and special place. It's not for everyone, granted, but for those that are lucky enough to have it part of their lives it becomes so much more than a location where people kick and catch a ball. For me the people in that room Saturday are family. It is the greatest honour of my life.

Can't forget the beautiful Anjuli Weekley too, who has slaved away behind the scenes as treasurer for over a decade. The third female life member in our history.
by morell
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah we'll be a different team (and club) this year

No doubt we've got challenges with the club redevelopment and a few players going back to the leagues that are starting up again.

But we'll be OK. Always will be...Mitchell Park is made of sterner stuff than that. We don't fold or have a season off because it's hard or were not guaranteed a flag. That's a bitch club move.
by morell
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Saturdays game was important for one of the Parky lads and favourite sons return from a lay off due to knee surgery.

It's been years but to see the flowing mullet (he also had one when they weren't cool) and green #4 screaming out of half back once again meant a lot to the busted knee bretheren and our weird and wonderful footy family in the inner South.

Congratulations ballsack . Played incredibly well too.
by morell
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

These days it's the owl on the chest or the "Japanese" style coy fish arm sleeve.
by morell
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you are looking for a local game of footy on Anzac Day then come down to Mofflin reserve from 12:00.
There will also be a "shittest tattoo" competition at half time. Entrants currently number in the many hundreds.. might take some time get through them so get there early!

Ben Weekley and his "I think it's Ned Kelly but could also be a tin a spaghetti" an early favourite.
by morell
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On Saturday Ben Weekley celebrated his 250th A grade match with Mitchell Park Football Club. Ben started playing with MPFC during the 2003 season at the ripe old age of 17. From here Ben went on to win 8 A Grade Best & Fairest trophies during 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014 and 2015. Ben was awarded the SAAFL Division 6 Player of the Year during the 2010 season before leaving for a short stint with PHOS Camden Football Club where he pursued playing Division 1 football.

Upon his return Ben went onto Captain the A grade side during the 2014, 2015 and 2016 seasons and was there to lead the team to a Division 7 Premiership in 2015. During the successful 2015 season he was also named as Captain of the SAAFL Division 7 Team of the Year.

Ben volunteered much of his time over the years and was instrumental in coaching our Under 8's to Under 10's during the 2015 to 2017 seasons. Ben also took on the role of Reserves Coach during the 2017 Season. Ben was awarded Life Membership of the Club in 2016 and named in the Mitchell Park Football Club Greatest Team of the first 50 years during our celebrations in 2018. Ben has always been well supported by his wife Tameka and children Sahra, Clayton and Nate and they have all become embedded in the Mitchell Park Football Club family.

Pre game:

https://www.facebook.com/717918732/videos/10158212966473733/
by morell
Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Out of curiosity how did Brighton, Rostrevor, Hectorville and Goodwood end up with their beautiful new bar facilities on that basis?
Would have to look at the funding models. Could be that others have chipped in.

This is also a relatively new strategy. Wasn't always the case.

Also not a hard and fast "rule" just one that Councils know works best when seeking funding from the Office of Rec and Sport.
by morell
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did you actually read the article? Its pretty much a carbon copy of what I've said :lol:
by morell
Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Genuine question, unisex changerooms - do MP and Houghton have female teams? or even junior teams?

No for MP, which is why the build doesn't include unisex changerooms, just "home" and "away".
by morell
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They're just changerooms. Put whatever label on them you like. They can be used by whoever
by morell
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sorry but the very clear and non anecdotal evidence suggests otherwise.

They won an undefeated reserves flag and got relegated from the same division for **** sake

Anyone that watches them can see there are many players more than capable of playing As strolling around in the 12:15 game. There's often good reasons for that - APPS, work, other commitments etc, but year on year on year on year?

Puhlease
by morell
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Finals Round 1

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I got kicked out early in the 3rd quarter. Embarassed myself, my club,my wife and my kids. What a ******* idiot I am.
Sorry.

It made morells night, he seen it

I was fortunate enough to be in a position to give some feedback in person which was thoroughly enjoyed.
by morell
Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

I drive down Alawoona from time to time and they still duel banjo's along that stretch. That hipster must have got lost after staggering out the Marion.

73 Alawoona Avenue was sold in October for $950000. Mitchell Park is becoming a big growth area nowadays.

But it's no Briiiiiiiiighton, darling :lol: Brighton has gone massively downhill. Is now full of people who want to pretend they have old money but really it's as bogan as anywhere. Then if it is actually beach weather it's packed with soccer mums and/or pretend beach dads, their shitty dogs and their Prado - not enough cash for a Sahara you see.

The Esplanade Hotel pig trough is about as shit a pub you can get as well.

Classic example of trying to rush through gentrification, rather than the underlying culture driving it naturally.
by morell
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You could honestly write a script for how predictable this forum is.

Next will be the big signing that is way too good for Div 7 and will dominate

Then there will be accusations of spending huge football budgets

Then there will be drunken rubbish posted on a Saturday night with next day deletions and apologies

Then there will be calls that the season is over and no one will beat a certain club

Etc

Etc
by morell
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://scontent.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/271728952_10158923545854191_4138519491910572911_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=JOkyz35X7TYAX8e2sJe&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd3-1.fna&oh=00_AT-BLHUsvT07rSNOZZ9a6NGshGjdg8ejmpclXh4r6kD3Ig&oe=61EA9D3E

Lisa posted this in the FB Group. I want someone to tell me how on earth in 1987 money the previous MP Clubrooms cost $250k! Original visitor changerooms were actually the home ones. Mitchell Park had the visitors plus what was later converted to the gym.

So...we decided to put visitors in a broom closet so we could theoretically lift weights. Back then we had to belt people so probably fair enough
by morell
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mitchell Park now has the best facility and oval in South Australian football and I won't hear otherwise

Enjoy :)
Looks amazing - similar to The Lights at Lightview but with the footy/cricket setup added.

Awesome.. now you just have to find a footy club to use it 8)
We have the 2002 Grand Final reunion coming up. You should come as an Ingle Farm rep to reminisce about being pumped by 100 points
by morell
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah it's D7R, yeah it's probably not that important a game

But today's Mitchell Park vs Adelaide Lutheran ressies game was epic. 176 point turn around from earlier in the year.

Mitchell Park were mismatched, outclassed, slower, shorter, less fit, either too old or too young. Mitchell Park were also winners. :D
by morell
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaching Positions 2023

Mitchell Park have announced Mark 'Cabbage' Kamenic will coach the A Grade in 2023.

Excited to have Cabbage join us at an exciting time with the new development and opportunities to build from a solid base left by James Telfer and Cody Kenny.
by morell
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Ingle Farm don't win it from here would be a massive choke and off field changes would surely be a consequence
by morell
Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's changed Yank Man.

We've had

1. A coach lie about their commitment to coach the next year and use the excuse of a pregnant partner to not attend a presentation night where he knew he would be asked for his plans. He had interviewed for other roles during this time despite committing to us
2. A coach commit to applying and submitting for a role through a process only to then ghost us with no explanation or communication
3. A coach lie as an excuse to continue his contracted role and then take another role weeks later
4. A coach commit to the next season, then change his mind and resign with no explanation

And that's just recently! This is amongst all the little things here and there from coaches that I've seen that is unethical and poor.

We're not perfect and some of our processes haven't been well administered, but I'm personally sick to death of these mediocre middle aged men who profess to be leaders but have the integrity of a worm.

This is partly why we've gone to someone we trust and know in Scooter (as well as his excellent coaching ability). Coaching stocks at the lower community levels is just not there.
by morell
Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also massive shout out to Craig Weekley on reaching 450 games - that's a lot of wasted Saturday afternoons! Amazing lifetime achievement though.. congrats and hope the Lions can get a win for you on the weekend. :supz: :partyman:
Good shout mate. Alf has a had a good day, perhaps slightly soured by some bruised ribs and a bruised ego when he stacked tripping over a crate of water bottles on the sidelines and then couldn't get up. Happens when you're still playing footy at 50 years of age.

Good couple of wins for Mitty Parks today. Feels like it's starting to click and we're getting better each week.

Also shout out to I think the 4 or 5 Hackham dudes who played two games today. Massive effort.
by morell
Sat May 13, 2023 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah **** him he's a peanut
by morell
Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like old mate is going viral. Featured on Mad Monday and Ultimate Ressie
by morell
Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFL Tribunal Listing

To post or not to post...

I think we have a genuine strategic problem in the game.
by morell
Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

If it was a loan I'm sure the fully executed contract detailing the terms, repayment schedule and other conditions will be made available.

If not then ...

Its not a loan.
by morell
Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Can we please rename the thread to The never ending No AFL in the Adelaide Footy League Premier Division whinge thread?

No, faark off. :lol: You know it makes sense. Just let it happen. Everything will be ok.

Just think about the debates in 20 years on whether a SANFL premiership should be counted as part of the AdFL Premier Division records.

It will be fodder for Wedgie to sell his shitty ads to you muppets for years!
by morell
Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can we please rename the thread to The never ending No AFL in the Adelaide Footy League Premier Division whinge thread?

Only a matter of time now ya defunct boomer dinosaurs. RIP $ANFL.

Once the Premier Division is created we can then convert the junior comps to be a more elite style TAC cup. Then juniors play for their grassroots clubs. Might then have a structure and hierarchy that gives our kids the best chance to realise their dreams (hot tip, that's not playing for any of your tinpot clubs)

Everyone wins! Except for ... you know, the pissed old farts that object to change at every turn and yearn for when the $ANFL was relevant. So like, the 90s maybe?

Happy days :D
by morell
Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you exclude welfare payments, have Port ever made a profit?

I feel for morrell though, we'll all chip in so that you can get some new teeth, but sorry that we can't help you find out who your Dad is.

Some stereotypes to keep us living in the past. How clever.
You know you've won the argument when ;)

When you start calling people “defunct boomer dinosaurs”, “pissed old farts”, “space cadets”, “muppets”.
I called you out ages ago for trotting in here on your high horse, frighteningly deluded. Nothing’s changed, you’re a boring hypocrite throwing out the same lame, tired punchlines. Give it a rest Hughesy…
Yeah but they're all true.
by morell
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Mitchell Park to dominate D7 and smash all other inferior clubs into oblivion
by morell
Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Says as much about Fitzroy as it does Elizabeth. Poor form IMO
by morell
Sat May 04, 2024 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |