Search found 801 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

That's because I am giving you permission to use it.

Call it Zartan's Zone
by morell
Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do it at three quarter time as I'll be there - bring me in and I'll explain it on the iPad with the new app
by morell
Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GF TIps..

D7 - Mitchell Park
by morell
Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

marbles wrote:just think, no "cgrade super league"..... no MP flag :o
I know I am going to regret this...

But why?
by morell
Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hahahaha and in two words marbles entire argument falls in a heap.
by morell
Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

I don't mind it. A lot of football is played above the shoulders and it's easy to get distracted and/or have something seep into the subconscious...especially if you're playing in a GF.

My job last week was to at every opportunity post about Houghton being dead certainties, unbackable favourites, how much we were struggling with injuries, how all the pressure was on them, keep posting content to keep the Houghton boys reading...

Did it make a difference? Who knows, probably not, but you'd rather mitigate that risk than ignore it.
by morell
Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ohhh someones salty! Come 'ere marby and give uncy morell a hug.
marbles wrote:youre really delussional morrell

Thanks! I think?
by morell
Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Footy Chick wrote:Morell...can u please run odds on how long he'll last
Betting suspended.
by morell
Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Been asked a stack of times what the standard was like.

I reckon both sides were comfortably 10 goal better sides than Houghton and 15 better than us.

Tis still a huge gap me thinks.
by morell
Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@Zartan pretty sure I saw a version of morell's meadow going on late in the last.
by morell
Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Paying footballers "for a win" is paying every player...

If anyone says

safooty Numpty wrote:no, no, that's an incentive, morell

I will officially flip my lid.
by morell
Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

twobob wrote:other than that it's none of your business.
Wooop, there it is.
by morell
Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I seriously doubt that player payments would be revealed at AGM. That knowledge is only for the football department and the executive, other than that it's none of your business.
Individual payments - no, budgets and actuals - yes.
Don't know about your club but most members are only interested in the financial reports. So its $50 for membership and I can rock up and ask precisely:

"How much did "we" spend, in total, for player payments, awards and other incentives"
Yes, you can ask, that is a members right. No different to asking what we spent on electricity, meat for the bbq, shorts and socks, etc. You have 2 weeks to buy a 2015 membership before they close Can I just send you $50 and you tell me so we save a bunch of time?

Mr Beefy looks like he just made RFC an extra $50 this year :lol: and it looks like morell will work out how much money we need to competitive in D6, D5 and beyond. :lol:
by morell
Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alright, it's been a long enough time for the Houghton guys to heal.

Here are my favourite photos from the day.

1. The (in)famous McDonnell twins before the game, Luke had surprised Nat by flying down from Darwin on the red eye. Had not seen eachother in months. Such a great moment when you understand all of the context - makes me tear up.

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/mellingham/12000813_10206830242167842_8247993025563245119_o_zpsam4n8e2u.jpg

2. The WAGS. Wives of Messrs Weekley, McDonnell and Labbozzetta. This was early in the game when we were 5 goals to 1 down.

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/mellingham/11947987_10206830242807858_7740765696777246381_o_zpswblqi2mb.jpg

3. The Future. A few Mitchell park squirts. Some good bloodlines here. S.McDonnell already better than his Dad.

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/mellingham/11930954_10206830243647879_4438460012556230746_o_zps5gaeqldm.jpg

4. Son of a Gun. Nick Leck leaving his opponent for dead. 16 years old.

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/mellingham/11232353_10206830244447899_4809726190644241123_o_zpshhz357hm.jpg

5. The Celebration. Nick Leck again starting to realise he could be pretty special.

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/mellingham/11951684_10206830244847909_264398817647188160_o_zpswy3apchf.jpg

6. From Son to Father. Sonny McDonnell giving his Dad his medal.

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/mellingham/11950317_10206830245007913_468008766403182450_o_zpswf44tkka.jpg

7. The Weekley Legacy. This family have given so much. Here is Bob, the patriarch, resting in hospital after surgery for cancer and Ben our captain, on the Sunday morning after the game. The GF was the first game Bob had missed of Ben's for 19 years.

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/mellingham/10623537_930360693669536_359301901981239267_o_zps2sb9wmtj.jpg
by morell
Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Is it any surprise that a gentlemen whose proud of a premiership which included his clubs best possible side beating a clubs 44th-66th best footballers in the finals can't see an issue with our current set up Shit comment. We're all adults here and whilst differing opinions are flying about the place, its all healthy, there is no need to stoop to this short of crap. Disappointing.
by morell
Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Correct Zarty, so my free time allocated to football stuff will be dedicated to that. Plus I'll be the treasurer for the sports club next year, which is a quarter of a million dollar business.

I'll be around but there won't be time for any mass debating. Hahaha.
by morell
Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Ingle Farm v Mitchell Park: Battle of the old enemy.. although these days, I doubt very much if many at Ingle Farm can recall the strong rivalry and hatred that existed. One person who will remember will be Nat McDonnell.. a bane of Ingle Farms for many seasons, he is one of two people who I can honestly say find an extra gear and grow a foot taller when playing Ingle Farm (Jeb Stubberfield being the other). Memories of the Mitchell Park comeback after half time at Rowe Park when last in D6 still haunts me, led by the twins who were like possessed rangas. Mitchell Park head into this game full of confidence after registering their first win in arguably the upset so far of the season. On the flip side of the coin, Ingle Farm will be looking to bounce back after their loss on the weekend, and would be hopeful to have almost a full team become available after failing to show up Saturday. Lecky circled this date and is hoping to reenact the infamous dogs night. :lol:

Off the top of my head - Ben, Nat, Lecky and myself would probably be the only ones still around and heavily involved from those halcyon days.

I don't think there was ever hatred, if anything most old school people at Parkies think Ingle Farm are one of the clubs that culturally most closely resemble ourselves.

Still, a replay of the 2002 GF will be on the TV Thursday night. :D
by morell
Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello all, this is Ballsack.

morell is my hero. He tells me that he is the Lord of SA Footy.

I am sharpening the cleats for Brahma Lodge.

Just touched down half way to Brahma, hope to be there by midnight.

Always rock up to games 2 days early, do ya? ;)

Welcome aboard 8)

Yea I try to get prepared nice and early. Brahma lodge is a bit far out for me though, had to take 2 flights just to get out there. Maybe you can spend that time trying to calculate how much to the power of 10 you're batting above your average.
by morell
Fri May 06, 2016 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah 2 home games in the first 6 rounds has tested our off field depth to the limits. I've had no runner twice. No water people (or A Grade players filling in). A team manager who is brand new and still learning - sorry about the team sheets Lodgers. Not a coaches assistant in sight other than Yanky for a bit.

Ahhh the life of a lower grades Reserves coach.

#NeverAgain #OneAndOut
by morell
Mon May 09, 2016 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe you guys better go back to Southern League if you can't travel over Anzac Hwy without losing personal on and off the field. We will be at Mitchell Park whenever , with everybody there as if it was a home game. Plus our supporters and our B Grade will hang around and watch the A's. SAAFL life. Or maybe all you Northern clubs can get your shit together and create a "Northern Football League" and let humanity escape your cretinous existence.

8)
by morell
Mon May 09, 2016 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Depends what it was about I suppose.

I've seen scraps at Mitchell Park over peoples taste in music!
by morell
Tue May 10, 2016 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not sure what kind of twilight zone you live in morell, but everything I've seen at football clubs indicate to me that it's the women who own the men and that generally they keep said players' balls under lock and key ;)

Also the rhetoric follows the pattern on the other side of the fence "gurl, did you hear that Kaneisha slept with Obamanique's man?" Sure, no one "owns" anyone. People are people, not objects... but I'm not really talking about whether or not someone can go to the gents night or have a Sunday golf session, I'm talking a bit more deep rooted than that - like how our systematically patriarchal society results in domestic violence, murder and rape.

Reminds me of a quote by a famous Feminist, Margaret Atwood:

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them"

Zartan's quote "Another players girl" (I'm not having a go here Zarts, just an example) implies that player owns the girl, and that the fight was caused by a "disagreement of ownership". The only "fight" that should be happening is a constructive, private, verbal one between the two in the relationship about where the lines are.
by morell
Wed May 11, 2016 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi gentlemen,

Hope you are all having a really good day. If you are having a quiet day, at home or need something to read. The magazine is a really interesting read for those who like to follow what is going on in the SAAFL on a weekly basis. The magazine also gives you the chance to read up on a few interesting articles as well as what is going on in each division. So have a think about it and clink on the link below and download the local section and enjoy what's going around in the SAAFL today.

Cheers

http://www.safootballer.com.au 113 pages and 97 of them ads. The rest available on Sporting Pulse at a glance.

I'll pass thanks.
by morell
Wed May 11, 2016 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Road to Glory wrote:**** me there is some absolute crud on here what a waste of
Time that was!! I feel like I'm a lesbian feminist now and I Might as well be a vegan too and save the bloody anaimals

by morell
Thu May 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're welcome advertisers.

Now where's my cut?
Raise you bat, congrats on bringing up the 100! :lol:

Who would've thought the man who was on a self imposed exile from the forums would notch up the milestone :lol: it's all a cunning ploy to distract everyone from the rubbish form the MPFC Reserves are in.
by morell
Thu May 12, 2016 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Barry wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:If Mawsons don't win this week I can just about guarantee they will be without 1 main player for the remainder of the season.
Queue will be in the rack.

Who?
Sounds like they'd be better off without him anyway with that shit house attitude
by morell
Wed May 18, 2016 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If Mawsons don't win this week I can just about guarantee they will be without 1 main player for the remainder of the season.
Queue will be in the rack.

Who? Sounds like they'd be better off without him anyway with that shit house attitude
Maybe pushing through the pain barrier as it is.
It's not always a dummy spit. ahh ok, that's the way it was framed, my bad.
by morell
Wed May 18, 2016 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:I swear someone at our club tortured a black cat earlier this year

Its D6 mate,

I swear it's cursed. Cursed I tells ya.

by morell
Fri May 20, 2016 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

human_torpedo wrote:That would be because we have both retired mate.. The dead wood has been moved on!
Ill be back.

by morell
Thu May 26, 2016 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

Jetters wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Lucky the league has you two to sort these things out............

I've made a typically myopic, ignorant and uneducated suggestion lacking in discretion and pragmatism:

If a club elects to drop divisions, A graders who leave may not be allowed to return for a determined period.
FTFY
by morell
Thu May 26, 2016 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If we want to stop the "pendulum" effect. Increase the number of games required to be a 0 pointer at a club to 50, or 75.
by morell
Thu May 26, 2016 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think the topic relates to Mitchell Park in the slightest, your examples are irrelevant to the point that Jetters and myself are making.

Exactly, if your club goes through a down patch your club has to swallow the bitter pill. You don't get to serve them out to the clubs doing the right thing.

Unfortunately, the lack of regulation has spun this around If what you're saying is this rule would only apply to clubs that requested to drop down divisions after being successful then I misunderstood, apologise, and sort of agree.

If its for all clubs that for one reason or another drop to one team, fold or get relegated. Then it's batshit crazy.
by morell
Thu May 26, 2016 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:Gut feeling tells me that West Croydon susceptible tomorrow in both grades against Mitchell Park.. upset looms on the cards..

Were battling to field a side. Old man Leck has been given the call up.
by morell
Fri May 27, 2016 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quick shout out to Zartan for his reviews, awesome stuff mate. The amount of effort and research you've gone to is extraordinary. Much better than the "professional" ones.

Clearly we have the best and brightest community of football people in D6.
by morell
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I nicked off early because I was mad.
Mad after a 13 goal win? :shock: I'd give up every single one of our reserves wins for one more A grade win.

All due respect to the Lakers, the better side, but I felt we had the run of the play and dominated large chunks of the game but couldn't convert or got stitched one way or another. Frustrating. Very Frustrating.
by morell
Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont see how TTG are a big fish in a small pond

C3 is simply all the div 8 clubs of last year

If anything it was maybe a bit silly to not have TTG in c1

Payneham a casual kick n catch cgraders are paying match fees to play against agrade footballers (who some are likely being paid themselves)

PAOC, Unley and Uni doing the same admirably.

PNU is taking its licks this year, have given out the opposite in other years. Would be entirely hypocritical of us to complain . Not focused on being bitter, focused on being better http://i.imgur.com/EucIfYY.gif
by morell
Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

#NeverAgain
by morell
Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hoping the Houghton people on here can pass on the MPFC's absolute unreserved apologies for one of our players behavior towards the Houghton reserves umpire. Drives me personally insane that I ram it home every single week about respecting our club, the umpires, teammates and the opposition.

I wasn't there but from all reports and as usual the Houghton umpire was excellent - one of the best in our opinion - and didn't deserve any of the abuse he got.
by morell
Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ScubaSteve wrote:Shannon Thomas has been in the best two weeks in a row! should be pushing for a spot in the A's at Mawson.

don't know how boxhead can get best everyweek for Mawson.
well he is, and I am quoting him directly here - "an icon of Mawson Lakes"
by morell
Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by morell
Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by morell
Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by morell
Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by morell
Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by morell
Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by morell
Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by morell
Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I also remember digging my thumb into his throat one day in a bit of argy bargy.... bastard tried to eat it! Then he proceeded to say "Morgan is a girls name" 2,593 times, to which I replied "statistically its more common in males, if you're going to give me shit, get it accurate" 2,594 times.

Several Mitchell Park people exclaimed that it was the first and only time anyone has ever used statistics in a on field verbal shit-slinging contest.

This exchange has now become a bit of a tradition. :D

and in Yanky's defense, he has a *very* different view on who is and isn't a good footballer. Ask him about left footers!
by morell
Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stiffy Logan and Stef Wehbe would be pushing.
by morell
Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I was Mitchell Park, I'd be looking closely over players from Edwardstown, Morphy Pk, Plympton, WOS, CLG, PHOS and Kenilworth who appear to be regular handy B graders who play occasional A grade footy - stalk them on FB to find out what sort of player they are or go watch them, then try and recruit them, or find a mutual friend to do it for you :D Want me to send you screengrabs! hahaha
by morell
Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That would be more of an acceptable excuse for me than half the ones I get on a week to week basis.
by morell
Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |