Search found 630 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

If JJ was 180cm, 80kg forward pocket, what would your opinion of him be?
I think the expectations of Jenkins being a crash the pack KPP is false even though that's his size.
He's there because he needs a tall defender to match him because of his size, but he runs like a mid so if the ball gets out and it's a footrace, he'll beat his opponent most times and run in and kick the goal. Hence his "joe the goose" reputation.
Then during games he's able to give Sauce a spell and try and break even in the ruck for 10% of the game.
I agree with the frustrations though cause he can go missing quite often.
At the end of the day, 40, 46, 62, 45 goals from the last 4 years in that role is not bad.

I like to heap sh*t on JJ as much as the next bloke but those figures are pretty good.
Not too many forwards/2nd rucks have figures like those in the last 4 years.

:lol:

New Avatar for you @amber_fluid

#closetcrowsfan
by mots02
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Lightning McQueen wrote:
morell wrote:Rocky ought to have a spell for the Magoos IMO.

Looked rusty and sore in the intraclub.

I swear by this shit!

How often do you need to use a good rear end ointment?
by mots02
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLX and Y and Z plus trial games

Interesting to see how many weeks Sumner will get from Friday nights match. Hopefully the replay will show up a few incidents and that he is rubbed out for a number of weeks. You would think that his behavior was out of character for a Sturt player until you saw how Mattner was carrying on. Not a great look for the coach or for Sturt. :shock: :shock: :shock:
What character is a Sturt player supposed to have?
How about being a 'pansy'?

http://safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42115

Rah Rah Rah, we're going to smash the oinks!

Tootle - Pip!
by mots02
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:Like the Ryder incident, they're guilty until the internet decides if the police and club got it wrong or not.

I don’t think anyone has said SPP is guilty on here.

Plenty have been quick to judge the girl though.
by mots02
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This would have come with a pay rise though wouldn't it?

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-06-26/spp-frampton-sign-contracts

I doubt he's still on the base 2nd year player wage.

He signed, as 1st round draftees do, a two year deal which he is in the 2nd year of.

Even if you throw BC's number of $4500 x 22 = $90,000 on top of his base, which would have to be $210,000 for him to get to the $300k and that's only if he played all 22 games there is not a chance he is looking at $300k this year.

Next year? Maybe, but even then I'd think only just, if he managed it.

So you think a regularly selected mid-fielder who's played every game (or there about) since he's been at the club has agreed to sign a contract extension at a wage rate that is below the average wage in the comp? Interesting theory.

Agreed though, a poor reflection of the fact that regardless of his wage he and others have behavioural standards that are inherent in the role. Standards that he hasn't adhered to.

Read carefully, the deal he is currently playing to is the deal he signed when drafted last year as all first round draftees do, a 2 year deal. There is no way the 2nd year of that deal included a base of over $200k.

The extension to that deal that covers 2019 and 2020 may well include an increase in his base to get him to somewhere near the $300k mark.

Reading comprehension has never been a strong suit of mine, but that aside....

If you believe that his base hasn't been increased significantly for 2018 even though he signed a contract extension last year then he clearly needs to find a new player manager.
by mots02
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Different roles, jobs and professions have different expectations. If you're a lawyer or doctor you have strict rules on responsibility for people in your care. If you operate heavy machinery you have stricter inebriation guidelines. If you're a financial planner or banker you have ethical requirements.

Heck even in local government we have rules and guidelines that we have to adhere to in regards to financial delegation and care and control.

If you're an AFL footballer, you're unable to be heavily intoxicated in a public space. I understand that would be frustrating, if that outweighs the benefits of being an AFL footballer than those people would be free to make that career choice should they desire.

Zero. Sympathy.
You're comparing being a footballer to being a doctor or similar? How many years of education does a person need to go through at high school and university, then graduate programs etc before they actually reach their profession?

People are groomed their whole educational lives practically to be able to successfully transition into their careers - footballers start as an enjoyable hobby, something they're good at, and then before they've even finished high school they're thrown straight into the work force and the public eye.

Most AFL footballers are groomed for several years through talent programs at both State League Club and State Level - they are well aware of public expectation and certainly not thrown straight into the deep end.

Then when on a list they given the type education, support, mentoring and guidance that you and I could only dream of by our employer.

No sympathy from here either.
by mots02
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reading comprehension has never been a strong suit of mine, but that aside....

If you believe that his base hasn't been increased significantly for 2018 even though he signed a contract extension last year then he clearly needs to find a new player manager.

I can't.

So you're thinking his base went from $88k to $210k + match payments to get to BC's fanciful $300k mark in a deal that was already in place? ( And that's only if he played all the games in 2018 ).

When you've decided upon that answer consider the money that Port's top enders are on, what the newly recruited 3 free agents are on and that the average AFL player wage this year is $309k. Average .

Hang on, i thought you said you'd given up and i'd one? You're not my wife are you?

Like I'd **** a Crows supporter. ;)

How is ****ing entering this conversation? i'm talking wife, not girlfriend ;)
by mots02
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 confabulation

Excellent night for an Adelaide home game.

8)

Luckily Mavis and Ruth are made of tough stuff, and armed with a rug for the knees and an extra piece of apricot slice to ward off the cold they will soldier on and be there!... not like those soft, poncy Port types who worry about things like a few drops of rain 8)
by mots02
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
MW wrote:Just waiting for someone to come on and laugh about a Rowey meltdown on 5AA and the night is complete :lol:

Crows performance tonight (or lack there of) has made my night complete.

Happy Sunday everyone!
by mots02
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Trans Adelaide Crows. All aboard!

#passengers

All aboard!

#karmabus
by mots02
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Hawks, new flag favs??

:lol:

Theirs to lose ;)

Anything but a premiership from here would have to be deemed a failure ;)
by mots02
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:Why did we go backwards calling up Lindsay Thomas on the weekend when we could of brought in a kid?

Especially when there was no Magpies game on the weekend, Johnson probably should have been called in, not Thomas FFS..

Another example of Ken's lack of courage at the selection table.
by mots02
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Runde sechs

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:You left the "L" out

He doesn't have sechs

He's had 2 kids.

He's married.

Sechs is now in the past tense
by mots02
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Don't bullshit me mate, you get between the SANFL and AFL Port threads quicker than I do! :lol:

Yeh, nah... no one is as fast as you, if anyone adds any Port commentary, you're always the first to greet us!
by mots02
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:All this is distracting from the fact Toumpas is on the plane to Melbourne with the Power squad! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a massive potential in!! I mean, he's no Kane Mitchell... but TOUMPAS! Oh boy wowee!! I'm jumping on the pear!
by mots02
Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't understand why you'd go to a media outlet - what are you looking to gain out of it?

$

So here we are back to the original assessment and opinion of the girl that lots were quick to make... one which is totally unfair and unfounded, just like the original assessment and opinion of SPP was.
So why do you think she went to C7? What do you think she was hoping to gain out of it?

I have no idea, and neither does you or anyone else on here which is my point.

Maybe she was angry? confused? poorly advised?

We feel thats its ok to defend the allegations against SPP by saying 'where's your proof?'.

so where is the proof that the girl was trying to gain $$ from the media? or the proof that she was actually paid?

i just think its equally unfair to paint her as a gold digger when there's no evidence to back it up.
by mots02
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:Petracca out after being bitten by a dog

Is this a genuine dog related injury or one of those collingwood dog injuries?!
by mots02
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:Anyone who says they wouldn't give Daisy a crack is a liar.

SAfooty's Daisy will be pleased to hear you say this :heart: !

#loveislove

#specifyyourdaisy
by mots02
Tue May 01, 2018 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

Basil Zempilas on Perth radio said "....maybe they're looking at each others tatts, there's enough of them...."

He then later names Dane Swan, Zempilas says it's clear it's Swan and looks like the female he's with might be filming it.

He said the male appears *ahem* somewhat ready for being intimate. :lol:

From my experience, being 'somewhat ready' in these circumstances doesn't lead to a great result
by mots02
Thu May 03, 2018 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Thud
by mots02
Mon May 21, 2018 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*The worry is Seedsmens twinge. His form has offset the loss of Smith, and boy o boy wowee did we look slow and unable to clear a line without that type of player. Something we need to address if he doesnt come up

All good, Milera.

Did Milera Snr towel you up on the field one day? Steal your lunch money or run off with your Mrs?

Just looking to rationalise your fixation with his son!

Never met him, so no, no and I doubt she would.

I just enjoy watching him play, that's all. :D

Ah ok, i thought it might have been an issue you had with his family.

it's just an old fashioned man crush ... that explains it!
by mots02
Mon May 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe they need a minimum spend rule to count the memberships, say $200 or more spend is counted as a member, then at least we could compare correctly.

Those 3 game memberships should not be used.

The only thing that people agree upon is that membership should include a paid seat to a match.

They could report how many membership 'seats' have been sold.

ie 70,000 3 game memberships = 210,000 membership seats

50,000 11 game memberships = 550,000 membership seats

pretty easy to then compare each club.

you could present the figure as a raw number of how many actual seats have been sold but also as a percentage of available membership seats sold for that year.
by mots02
Thu May 31, 2018 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Legs 11

Big Footy Port forum.
''watts and motlop were a mistake
wingard clearly wants out
ryder has one more year in him. He needs support next year and a replacement in train
dixon's season has been ruined by the ruck role
wines can't kick a footy and should be traded to begin our rebuild''

Don't ever change

Did they miss Rockliff?

I blinked and missed Rockliff today
Yeah. He was McKay like.

All you guys are the same... can’t help but bring the crows into it!

#crowscrush
by mots02
Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dirty dozen - Round 12

Ben Cousins has arrived at the G and wants to join in on going head first into a tub of ice.

Another classy contribution Corona Man
So do you want to have a conversation about our individual contributions to this forum?

I'm not sure what you're point is..... we can if you want... but only if Morrell can do up one of his charts to plot the pros and cons of our contributions, otherwise its just another one of those pointless measuring contests that this forum is already full of.
by mots02
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 15 - The band is back together

WC missing 1200 goals tonight. Things could get ugly next week for the Crows

WC tonight were also:

minus 29 in contested possessions
minus 10 in clearances and
minus 28 in inside 50's

Things may still get very ugly next week for the crows but the missing forwards aren't WC's only issue from tonight.
by mots02
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dixon 1.61 goals per game
Butcher 1.32 goals per game

I hate comparing stats... 8)

JJ 1.96 goals per game 4.86 marks per game, 4.34 hitouts per game
Dixon 1.61 goals per game 3.97 marks per game, 4.21 hitouts per game

Josh Jenkins 128 games 1 tackle
Charlie Dixon 120 games 2.1 per game

Me too. ;)

I know how you guys like stats and quotes to be accurate... its actually,

Josh Jenkins 128 Games 1.9 tackles per game
Charlie Dixon 120 Games 2.1 tackles per game

So big, super aggressive and intimidating Charles lays 0.2 tackles more per game than someone who it is widely known only tackles someone if he trips over them and has no choice.

Josh also leads the 1%ers head to head 2.1 to 2.0 ;)
by mots02
Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cyril Rioli Retires

CYRIL RIOLI - by the numbers
Cyril - a delicious career
Games: 189
Goals: 275 (1.46 per game)
Premierships: 4 (2008, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Career highlights: Rising Star nominee 2008; Hawthorn runner-up best and fairest 2009, 2015; Norm Smith medallist 2015; All-Australian 2012, 2015, 2016.
* Drafted with pick 12 in 2007 national draft

Dixon 1.61 goals per game
Butcher 1.32 goals per game

JJ - 1.96 goals per game.... by SAFooty logic that makes hims twice the player that Cyril was ;)

I'm sure @Corona Man would agree.
by mots02
Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17 - The Players take over, not Carlton but.

i think the phrase is Shadenfraude :)
by mots02
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 14 Norwood Vs Sturt 14/7/18

I am still shell shocked by that last quarter from Norwood.
We thought that a 4 goal lead at 3 Q time would be competitive, given that the Legs were kicking to the scoring end in the final Q. But that was based on the way the game had been played up to that point.
Norwood then had complete control of the center square, at times I was wondering if they had extra players around the tea saucer, we suddenly couldn't lay a hand on the pill. After they had gotten their first 4 or so, the Blues simply looked rattled, I haven't seen a display like it since the dim dark days of the early 90's. I was half expecting to see Scotty Field deck Garry MacIntosh at some stage, I couldn't believe I was witnessing such a performance in today's era.
And the bloody goals just kept on coming, and some were ridiculously easy, we were no longer watching the same game as the first three quarters. About the only thing that linked what happened before 3Q time and after it, was a patch of about 5 minutes to end the 2nd Q where Norwood got a sudden 3 goals or so, apart from that, Sturt seemed to have the game under control. The freaks that took the field for Norwood in that final Q were not the same players they had before hand. These were men possessed, who could suddenly not put a foot wrong, who threw themselves hard at the contest, gathered the ball at their bootlaces without breaking a run, slotted the big sticks from whatever angle, and applied too much pressure for us.
Congratulations Norwood, it was thoroughly sickening to watch, and most of us were stunned by it.
Osborne rucked the entire final quarter, not sure what happened to our regular ruckman, Read, someone said he was not sighted after half time? We were possibly a couple of sets of fresh legs down at 3Q time, but there was no excusing that performance. The Legs just waltzed all over the old Billabong today.
Absolute hot, smoking flag favourites. Given other results today, you would have to say it will be an Eagles v Legs Grand Final.

Whilst not as dramatic, late in the last quarter I was thinking Sturt fans might finally have known how us Legs fans felt back in 83' (Dear God, please make these goals stop)

Thanks for bringing that up, i feel a little better after watching that.

For other Sturt fans... soothe the pain with this..

viW3YW-IkqE
by mots02
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership 2018

Rik E Boy wrote:REDLEGS ;)

MONSFAW! ;)
by mots02
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Who wants it most?

Jim05 wrote:What geniuses at AFL house thought it was a good idea to only play two games in Melbourne this weekend with Etihad and the MCG sitting empty on Sunday?

Yeh, you're right - what the National comp needs is more games in Melbourne.
by mots02
Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 - End of the road for some?

daysofourlives wrote:Lucky not all of us go quiet on here when our team loses. Tumbleweeds when the pride of's throw in the towel.

Sorry have been at Unley watching the blues bend over the doggies

Anything in particular that you’d like us crowies to discuss that hasn’t been covered by you guys?!
by mots02
Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 - End of the road for some?

I see Zac Jones got the Sydney discount at the tribunal. A fine for punching Merrett in the head when others have copped a week for far less. Charlie Curnow would rightly feel aggrieved

Identical to Howe only last week who got 2, go figure
FWIW I thought it was a fine at worst but when others get bigger penalties for lighter incidents then it’s just a joke. Just give them all 1 or none and be done with it

a Sydney discount with the umpires would be nice...

Some kind of COLA based umpiring scheme? or maybe you're own umpiring academy?
by mots02
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:The only stat that matters is the one who wins the GF ;)

That's the one that's been rammed down the crowies throats for the past 20 years!

Seems only fair to apply the same assessment to Ken's tenure ;)
by mots02
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 - How's the symmetry; how's the serenity!

I've been down the South Coast of Tassie for a week without internet or phone reception, whats been happening around here, I assume business as normal?

Charlie Dixon still the most dominant big man the modern game has ever seen?

Ken Hinkley still relaxed and calm during post game press conferences?

Andrew Gaff still an honest, hardworking player who wouldn't hurt a fly?

Josh Jenkins still a complete potato who only kicks joe the goose goals?

Define normal ;)

Normal Ken ;)
by mots02
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 - How's the symmetry; how's the serenity!

I've been down the South Coast of Tassie for a week without internet or phone reception, whats been happening around here, I assume business as normal?

Charlie Dixon still the most dominant big man the modern game has ever seen?

Ken Hinkley still relaxed and calm during post game press conferences?

Andrew Gaff still an honest, hardworking player who wouldn't hurt a fly?

Josh Jenkins still a complete potato who only kicks joe the goose goals?
by mots02
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Off to Arden St!

by mots02
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood

100% he will.
78% sure he won't be

100% that one of you will be right and the other will be wrong

We might both be wrong, there's 15 other clubs he could end up at. ;)

( He won't ).

If he's at another club then wubbsy will be 100% right.

If he's at collingwood then you're 100% right.

My prediction still stands ;)
by mots02
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood

1.4mil a year over 4 years.... Or something similar to that

"Quote me on that, or something similar" :lol:

:lol: quote me on that he'll be a swan next year, not the financials. :lol:

Where's he fitting into the cap? or have you guys picked up another sponsorship with either...

Coca..
Pepsi...
RC...
Buzz...

;)
by mots02
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 22 - it’s twitchin’ like a rabbit’s nose.

Confused the missus by barracking for a point when Geelong were 118 points up.
Stupid Parfitt kicks his 4th to make it 124. :evil:

You're a catch, she must of been laughing hysterically when you told her the reason why :oops:

Let Cats fans celebrate it mate, was a day they waited decades for, they deserved it. The others riding their coattails are only doing so because their shitty clubs only ever walked away from Grand Finals against Port Adelaide with sad faces year after year.

:( :)
by mots02
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LMA wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Haven’t heard anything from Koch for ages

Has been banned like Morell

Hmmmm.... just a thought... have Koch and Morell ever been seen in the same room at the same time... 8-[
by mots02
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2018

Corona Man wrote:Yet the Crows seemingly don't have 1 average player on their list.... curious?

I'm more curious whether there is any topic, any where on here that you can't try and turn back into a discussion on the Crows?

#massivecrowsfan #noteveninthecloset ;)
by mots02
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2018

Last year there were plenty who were all Australian standard.

This year? Laird maybe. Crouch too but he hasn’t played enough games

Who cares about your duds. Over exposed over commercialised...handle them with care.

regards,

REB

In fairness we were trying to discuss your duds until someone felt the need to straighten us up and bring the crows into it ;)
by mots02
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL delistings / retirements

Dutchy wrote:Josh Gibson :)

Assume you mean Sam Gibson?
by mots02
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Where are the McClure bashers now? Quite possibly the best piece of work by any journo this year. Put his rep on the line and won.

A good get by the grub.

that makes his score 1 - 2467 for the year then?
by mots02
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

amber_fluid wrote:I see Jenkins kicked 46 goals.
How many did Dixon kick again?

The number of goals kicked isn't relevant.

its how mean, tough and intimidating you look while doing it that counts.
by mots02
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Triple M Molloy BS

Like how crap ass is triple m now we wanna hear local footy talk 3 to 6pm with jars and dale and whoever else and those victorian toss bags force us to listen to flog Mick Walrus Molloy and his wife instead? how long till they realize they got no ratings the dude isnt worth my radio electricity bill and theyre polluting adelaide radio air waves

id love to turn the radio on right now but eww some victorian slush pog on so wont waste my time, same as that roy & hg crap

have actually turned to 5AA on am radio at times, actually might tune in now to Bicks & Rowie :supz:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/dc4232d2c4b19b4735dae9d678d9ca1d/tenor.gif?itemid=9649569
by mots02
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Heard last night he is only on mid $300k's, Port would be wise to extend his contract now

Jonas > Polec. Wonder why the Polec offer hasn't been upped?

Because you spent too much money on Watts, Motlop and Rockliff? ;)
by mots02
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney v anyone who questions Ports list management strategy....
by mots02
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |