Search found 240 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2020

if history repeats itself, this means that Towns will go on to win the flag.

Give me a tenner on this :lol:

I’ll take your tenner, I’ve seen Modbury and North Haven. :D
Before people continue the potshots, he picked up a struggling Div 4 club and put them in to a Prelim in his first year, then a GF and up to Div 3 in his 2nd year and currently had them 4th this year. His coaching record speaks for itself. Fact.... he resigned, Fact the board accepted his resignation. All else is gossip and heresay. I wish him well, as I’m sure most people at Towns would.
by Yank Man
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Barracker1 wrote:Edwardstown have advertised for a coach for 2021 2 weeks prior to finals 2020. Doesnt sound good.

Keep up with the programme champ, go back a page or two. :roll:
by Yank Man
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Was Locks last game at Richmond v West Croydon a few years back?
Was that Woody South?

I reckon 1993 was their last premiership in A4, and they beat West Croydon. I think maybe it was Woody Sth they played at Richmond and it was a long time ago. I coached against them back in the early 2000’s and they have always been a club I respected. I hope for Zed’s benefit he can get them the flag they have worked so hard for over a long time.
by Yank Man
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should be a cracking game in the Grand Final between the short priced Golden Grove who have been the measuring stick all year, and the team with momentum, Flinders Park, who have been crushing teams in the last 5 weeks. The reds had a slow start to the season losing their first 3 games but have really found their mojo since and their big wins over Modbury and North Haven in the last 2 finals we’re very impressive. Trenorden has been a big in and I really like young McCann up forward and Koby Evans recent form in the midfield gives the reds the luxury of pushing Blythe forward where he becomes even more dangerous. They lost to Golden Grove in round 3 at Harpers Field by 35 points but they are undefeated since. I think they are primed to hold up the cup in what should be a beauty.
Parks 1-30 is my tip.
by Yank Man
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One is for sure The Dark Knight is it should be a terrific game. I watched us beat Flinders Park in round 2 and in round 4 you guys demolish us. I haven’t watched Golden Grove play this year as I missed the clinical demolition they did on us in round 7. I’m sure they are deserved favourites but what they did to you guys last week was as good as I’ve seen in Div 3 this year. Frankly we’d like to see the back end of both of them. :D :D
by Yank Man
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League TV - Live Streams

Congratulations to the league on the live streams, particularly Div 2 yesterday and Div 1 today. Health reasons have kept me away from footy in recent times and I’ve watched pretty much all associations live stream finals, the last 2 days have had me up and about. So professional and the best watch by miles. Well done to all concerned. =D> =D>
by Yank Man
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Zed is a quality bloke and he left CLG in a better position, I think many wish he hadn’t been moved on. No doubt if he chooses to get back into coaching there will be another door swing open very soon.

Kenilworth, CLG, Lockleys, you’d have to say that culturally and structurally Zed has had a big impact on all those clubs and more importantly has made a lot of friends along the way and huge respect from the football fraternity. I for one value his long term friendship and I’m quite staggered with what I’m hearing and reading. Not sure how much more you can do sometimes to keep club people happy, but it’s the nature of the beast and who in their right mind would want to coach.

The old chestnut aye, there is only two kinds of coaches, those sacked and those about to be.
by Yank Man
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

I’m following this Mitchell Park saga with great interest. Play on.

On another note, I’d like to congratulate old mate morell on being awarded life membership on Saturday night at the club he loves more dearly than most others love theirs. A fantastic recognition to a loyal, dedicated and most deserving Lion champion. =D> =D> =D>
by Yank Man
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ha Ha that's the thing, I don't even need to be there and it makes its way around. Pin dicks will always be pin dicks and poorly run clubs will always be around Div 6-7.

Old-mate21, it’s time for me to buy in. Let me give you some facts.

Firstly, Mitchell Park is not a poorly run club. It’s a club run by an incredibly dedicated group of people who have done it for over a decade. I might add they have won 2 premierships in the last 8 years with those very people. Naive, yeah, they may be a little bit in footy terms, but they give it all they have.

Secondly, yes they may be Div 7, Div 6, but I’m sure they are stoked that the club is surviving quite well given the current environment.

Thirdly, to go up a level to Div 6 you need a coach who can take you there, like the two who have done it in recent times.

Finally, I’m not sure what you’re personal agenda is, but f..k off back to the woodshed and spread you’re rumours on another forum.

Rant over.
by Yank Man
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Old_mate21 wrote:I hope everyone took notice of a couple of coaching appointments “made” over the last couple of days. 2/2 xx

Absolutely, how good to see Cotter at the Units and Steele reappointed at the Lodge. :D
by Yank Man
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

Gepps vs Portland
Mitcham vs Echunga
Para Hills vs Kilburn
Eastern Park vs Woodville South
Athelstone vs SMOSH
Flinders Park vs Walkerville

Looks like a tipping competition. :D
I don't know what you're talking about?

Portland 31 plus
Mitcham 31 plus
Kilburn 31 plus
Eastern Park 1-30
Athelstone 31plus
Finders Park 31 plus

:D :D :D
by Yank Man
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Division 3 Tipping Competition

Edwardstown by 5 pts
Modbury by 10 pts
Flinders Pk by 65 pts
by Yank Man
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 3

Edwardstown defeated WOS by 5 points.
Modbury defeated Gaza by 10 points.
by Yank Man
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 1

Uni's win over SPOC is great for the comp.

Suspect it will be a year where there might be a fine line between fifth and relegated

Very true jo 172, 1 game and percentage separating 5th and 9th.

I watched the Goody Sts v Brighton game and it was a tough contested contest. The old 36 players in a 40 metre arc all around the ground. The Saints spayed a bit in front of goal and the Bombers hit the post 3 times. It was a very defensive shut down game all day and could have gone either way.

But is this what we really want to see when we go to the local footy. I suspect not from most supporters. Let em play I reckon. ;)
by Yank Man
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

whufc wrote:Genuinely the funniest thing I’ve ever seen on a sporting field

CLG by a nose.
by Yank Man
Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F#%^ me. What an absolute shit hole Campbelltown is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wiggum, are you ever happy with anything? [emoji38]

St Marys is a shithole, now Campbelltown is a shithole. Clearly you've been nowhere near the place in a couple of years - Campbelltown is the bloody taj mahal! So it's a bit muddy, who gives a s***, I can always get JK to swap it back to St Marys if you like ;)
I like the change from St Mary's, for us travelling from the North Western suburbs it saves us a drive down South Road and I take that as an absolute win.

Plus Campbelltown is much more of a central location (whilst not a perfect one, I initially thought on Saturday Prospect or Kilburn would be ideal) than St Mary's to the four clubs participating in Saturday's Div 3 triple header.

Campbelltown is great place to play, lovely weather all week so the deck will be super. The facilities are first rate, awesome viewing balcony and should suit you guys perfectly. Good luck
by Yank Man
Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:Full time
NH 13.10
Gaza 9.13

North Haven FC are the premiers!!

Congratulations TDK, great result.
by Yank Man
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

https://scontent.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/271728952_10158923545854191_4138519491910572911_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=JOkyz35X7TYAX8e2sJe&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd3-1.fna&oh=00_AT-BLHUsvT07rSNOZZ9a6NGshGjdg8ejmpclXh4r6kD3Ig&oe=61EA9D3E

Lisa posted this in the FB Group. I want someone to tell me how on earth in 1987 money the previous MP Clubrooms cost $250k!

1987 $250k….2021 $14 mill…. Seems about right :D
by Yank Man
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Salisbury to either take the bye in D7, or take Smithfield's spot if they cant get two teams up?

Becuase Smiffies are coming back from hiatus, im not sure whether it was in their T&Cs that they have to produce two teams or it's no deal.

If Salisbury can scrape together one side, I wonder whether the option of Salisbury going down to D7 and being Smiffies B grade is an option.

I reckon the Crabs and Mitchell Park did this one year

2014, Mitchell Park A grade, Flinders Uni B grade. Mitchell Park was given till Feb 15 2015 to gather 55 signed and sealed players which was highly scrutinised by the league, as it should have been to ensure names weren’t made up. I must say JK and the league were awesome in their help thru that process and Mitchell Park went on to win the Div 7 premiership that same year. Terrific story and lots of hard work from lots of people to keep the Lions going. Flinders Uni went on to regroup as well.
by Yank Man
Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Div 2 Hills is better than Div 5 AdFL from what I saw last year

And we will never know until they play each other in an equal comp.

To be fair I’ve seen a few Hills Div 2 games and they were Div 6 at best. SFL teams in Towns, Morphy Park are battling away in Div 3/4 and Marion in Div 6 would be a top 3 Hills Div 2 contender. But again it all depends on who has recruited well.
by Yank Man
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

My best mate is currently on this third (non-consecutive) dose of quarantining for 14 days as a close contact.

His immune system clearly holding up its end of the deal as he's never tested positive, but all ******* ridiculous given how quickly he'd be out if he ever actually got it.

Same here, i have had 3 lots of iso from the Mrs and kids getting it at different times but touch wood not a sniffle, have felt worse from all the beer consumption

Looking forward to this lot expiring at midnight tomorrow and can get out and watch some footy on the weekend

It’s a bit ridiculous actually, my son’s 3 kids got it, then his missus got it, they had to isolate for 7 days but he had to isolate for 14 days as a close contact living under the same roof. He RAT tested every 2 days, a work requirement, had 2 PCR tests and every one was negative. 7 days later they were all out and about and he was still in iso.
by Yank Man
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

The incident didn’t look good from what I saw on the video.

I must say though, I found it a bit rough for an article to be on the Adel Now website where they named and shamed Wundke.

Sure it wasn’t his greatest moment, but no need to have an article on it.

In this day and age all games are video’d and free for all to see. News reporters would be all over anything and Adelaide Now are the bottom feeders of reporting. Hence why you have to pay for their subscriptions. I never have and never will feed their pockets.
by Yank Man
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

I notice work has started on the Grand Palace at Park 9. What is the completion date jimmy?

Half way through next year (and it's the Gin Palace according to Peter Goers)

I own a few bricks in it - I reckon they're going to name a dunny after me 8)

More like put up a statue......with a cheeky grin. :D
by Yank Man
Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

This has been some great reading over the last few days and some great points have been raised. My concern is money, money, money. Pay players, yeah I get that, but having to pay volunteers to do things that are structural in all footy clubs is becoming real. Yeah a few free drinks, a free meal etc etc most volunteers would be more than gratified with that. Kids getting a sausage, drink or a $10 note to do the boundary or the goals is fun for them, but it’s becoming a habit. Hey Johnny gets xyz to play and you want me to do this for zero?? I know it’s 2022 and life is different, yes I’m a dinosaur, but where is the genuine love to support your club. I’ve been fortunate to spend some time this year at a country club that my kids and grandkids are involved in and they just seriously just jump on board to help no matter what. I guess that’s the real difference between us city slickers and the country folk. So who is better off?
by Yank Man
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Heard it hear first. 8)

Wait for it!

54321……Bang :D
by Yank Man
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

and now another signing for the Kings, Ryan Thompson from Broadies

I'm counting their points at about 57 at the minute. :lol:

Hahaha, you need to go back to maths school. They played with 8 in the GF that comes back to 5 in 2023, George Thring is a x scholar, 0, Thompson hasn’t played for 2 years, 0, Rooke would be 3. That’s 8 so far. Hats off to their footy director Alex Forster who is sucking the life out of PNU, where kicked a 100, then there is Jace Bode who strutted his stuff in C grade this year. :D
by Yank Man
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

An entire thread on it

http://www.safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=20589

Who needs books with that reading, it’s a classic :D

So the current posters know the facts, Edwardstown moved because of the financial benefits. It had nothing to do with SAAFL (as it was then) or promotion and relegation. At a special general meeting at the end of 2008, what was sold to the members was 1) less affiliation fees 2) 9 home games with full gate takings 3) less player payments 4) less coaching payments and the chance to become the best club in SFL. The members voted and it got over the line marginally. It was all about money. Thankfully they have seen the light with the current Board led by an incredible President in Eddie Dessman who all have strengthened the clubs finanances through hard work and good footy programmes. I was part of it all and took a backward step for some years as it didn’t sit well with me.

We can move on now :D
by Yank Man
Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Coaching is an extremely tough gig and it’s very easy to point fingers.

Mitcham had poor numbers throughout preseason from my understanding which is a poor reflection on the playing group

From my minimal engagement with JC he seems to be a guy that puts his heart and soul into a job. Perhaps the playing group need to repay the faith and put half as much effort in as he has?

Finally, scottroo a credible person with a footy brain. No one knows more than me what he has put in to this role. Yes, easy for the punters to say ‘but he’s a mate’ but JC is a very passionate coach with a high level programme. I can guarantee the leaders and playing group have all bought in but a few lower end players are letting the programme down. His communication skills are elite and I’d expect the team to respond.

The poor numbers at preseason is right, but it was a reflection on the clubs poor handling with the C grade at end of 2022, to JC’s credit he worked hard to put that back together and the numbers went quickly up to 50 plus.

Hang him if you all want but he is a fighter and loves his players dearly. What he has achieved in his tenure there so far in changing a very poor off field culture, to a club that is on the right path ‘off the field’ is nothing short of amazing.

Play on
by Yank Man
Wed May 24, 2023 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

D7 has come alive . What a few underdogs were able to out coach a poorly coached Houghton, and you 'try' to bring the division alive again???.
What's your gripe with Houghton and their coach?

He's allowed to have one, not everyone on here needs to be involved in the 'Love In'

This is why carey is my favourite poster :lol:
by Yank Man
Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

When I was on the committee $10k in the bank would have been cause for huge celebration.

$50k in the bank would be unheard of.
This. Some of the numbers being thrown around are astonishing to me.

I would suspect a high percentage of clubs in the Adelaide Footy League from Div 1-7 would be more than happy to get through a season in the black ever lone have $10k left at the end. Just my personal opinion and I’ve been on 3 committees in those divisions over recent years and seen it first hand.
by Yank Man
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Given their predicament, I would've thought it's a tough sell for anyone, and the best option would be a club person internally to coach. Maybe a Paul Merritt or Shane Knevitt - someone who has or has had a long time involvement in the club.. and the best interests at heart.

They really need to get through the next 24 months regardless of the results.. and sadly that's half the problem - players and coaches expect results.

100% agree Bedge. This appointment just proves they do dumb things and it they are serious about saving their club then an internal appointment would be the way to go. Passionate and club people save footy clubs, like your good self. :)
by Yank Man
Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

I’m a Hills D1 follower and I’ve heard/read lots of positive things about Wayne Knowles as a coach calling him the “Messiah” but from what I see he just spends a lot of money recruiting for a couple years and then leaves for another opportunity. Has he actually won a flag? Probably why he hasn’t coached in the big 3 (GSFL, HFL D1, BLGFA). still won’t get near Two Wells.

Bit harsh :D he spent 2 years at WWT Eagles as an assistant to Michael Godden
Coached Mannum in RMFL for 3 years
Was RMFL interleague coach in 2021, SANFL SA community coach of the year 2021.
Plus he’s a level 3 coach.
The only people who call him the ‘Messiah’ is that other well known football media identity. Wayne himself would be a little embarrassed hearing that. :D
by Yank Man
Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

Talk about going out swinging. Rosella has just had a serious crack at SANFL on 7 News. This guy is delusional. :shock:
by Yank Man
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concussion

locky801 wrote:
Pag wrote:I reckon participation rates across the country would take a bit of a dive too. Some blokes would just refuse and give the game away.

dont think that there is any doubt it in that whatsoever

Particularly at C grade and below levels and those playing for fun. Just another expense for them. :roll:
by Yank Man
Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

You seem to be bit touchy Password Please :lol: Firstly scottroo is a passionate CLG man and often makes tongue in cheek comments. After all, this is a forum not to be taken too seriously.

Secondly I’ve seen Pooraka close up in the last 2 seasons in Div 4, and this conversation should probably be taken to that forum. After all we are taking the spotlight off the mighty demons, flag faves.

Thirdly from what I saw of Pooraka, there is no real failure there. They progressed really well in the last 2 years under Hickey and changed the age dimension a bit this year which was a plus. Week off first week of finals then lost a home final to Lockleys which most expected them to win but I said to many during the year that I believed Lockleys and CBC were the best teams in the comp. So the 2 finals losses has had a negative impact with many looking to different reasons to leave, maybe the expectation was too high after finishing on top. The problem now is rebuilding it again.
by Yank Man
Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League -Division 2

Goody Sts by about 3 goals over Towns. Scores were level with 15 minutes to go. Frankly I didn’t see anything from the Saints to suggest they will dominate as most people think. Townies are very young with a few top end very good experienced players but there depth of quality is average, albeit a group of very young kids so good for their future.
by Yank Man
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Strength to strength to strength, it seems... :roll: :roll: :roll:

They have gone down the ‘play the kids’ path and not many of them are ready for this level at this point. It will be a miracle if they’re not in Div 3 next year. Unfortunately they struggled to secure a coach early enough to stop the exodus of players in the off season and the new coach was left mainly with kids and was limited with his time to recruit. I’ve watched most games so far and their best game was against Goody Sts in round 1 and as I’ve said before on here the Saints aren’t that good. Big clash for them this Saturday against Phos who have also taken a big step backwards. Also Towns B grade are woeful so when they get injuries and suspensions there is not much to draw on. Gunna be a long year for the faithful I believe. ;)
by Yank Man
Mon May 13, 2024 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Because they panic with ball in hand. As I said these kids are way off the pace. Do you have an issue with the coach wenchbarwer.

Nope, just have a major issue with the game plan.

Fair enough, I guess when you’re on the bottom winless and probably won’t win a game all year it’s easy to pull game plans to pieces. I’m not on here to defend what they do, but I’ve seen some positives in the first few rounds. I watched the game on livestream against Salisbury North and I agree with most comments on here, they have become very defensive and are now playing very dispirited. I guess all of that comes back to the coach.
by Yank Man
Tue May 14, 2024 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Yeah and you made yourself sound stupid! Elizabeth do suck, all their players suck, some good people at the club but doesn’t change the fact they suck! You tried returning fire but have absolutely no idea what your talking about you big dork, I was just spitting facts at your stupid comment :) :) :)

I sound stupid because I didn't care to find out about your mediocre Amateur league 'career'.
Sit down before you hurt yourself mate.[/quote]

bleedredandblue would be the first player picked in my team. I’ve been on the other side of the fence and he’s the hardest player to get a match up on.
Wish I was that ‘mediocre’ :D
by Yank Man
Thu May 16, 2024 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watched Phos v Towns today, talk about a battle of the babies. Sooooo young both teams. It was a day for heads in the hands. Mistake after mistake. Me thinks both teams are already Div 3 bound. ;)
by Yank Man
Sat May 18, 2024 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |