Search found 85 matches

Return

Re: 2013 Injuries & Discussions

leggies wrote:Can anyone inform us how Ryan ferguson has pulled up from last week?

No broken bones, few stitches and concussion. Won't play this weekend.
by Brodlach
Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 SANFL GRAND FINAL Norwood v Nth Adelaide

It's been a while since I've seen this mentioned -
NORWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB 2013 PREMIERS!!
by fester69
Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach for 2014

Big Phil wrote:
GWW wrote:Trevor Hill coached Mypolonga in late 80's/early 90's.

I'm sure the Legs fans would love to see Trevor back !!! ;)

I will be waiting first inline at the Parade with the pitchforks and torches.
He is about as popular at Norwood as Andy Collins
by Jim05
Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, Jay's brother ...
by dedja
Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SDK wrote:Rumblings about Tim Weatherall.

Tim Weatherald.
by Big Phil
Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL players drafted in 2013

holden78 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:As much as I dislike Norwood, got to hand it to them having 21 players drafted since 2010 and still win the last two premierships

Bastards

Well it's gotta help not having a salary cap to worry about ;)

What are you complaining about, your two clubs probably have two salary caps ;)
by JK
Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who have Norwood screwed over more ????

they havent screwed any one. they have done what they think was the best for the norwood fc. i cannot give an opinion if they ate right or wrong without any of the facts
all i can say is
"Norwood for premiers 2014"

I'm fairly certain they made it clear they were against AFL reserves side in the SANFL. They went back on there word. To me, thats unforgivable. This is a reason that my club no longer exists.

I'm not about to defend the actions of my club, but please don't blame anyone but your own for the changes at your club.
by JK
Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 LIVE scores

Good to secure these wins against the lower clubs,we need to continue on now
by westcoastpanther
Sat May 10, 2014 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Norwood v Adelaide @ Coopers Stadium (Fri N 16

JK wrote:Think Douglas returns for the Crows so Griggy might be lining up against us too

A sickening thought to be honest.
by norwood8
Tue May 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup 2014

Another SANFL Foxtel Cup schemozzle. Bugs me that the rest of the country sees our comp this way. These games will get more publicity than this weeks state game. Either try or don't enter it, one or the other. Yes, applies to Westies too
by SANFLnut
Tue May 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup 2014

That's an example of where the comp can hurt, hope the EP lad is ok
by JK
Tue May 27, 2014 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 - West v Norwood Post Match

Even though footy fans were rightly rolling their eyes at the scoreline to ¾ time, Norwood's inside 50 count was of a reasonably attacking side. They just couldn't kick the ball through the damn sticks to save themselves.
Yet I have a Westies supporter at work this morning, who went to Richmond last night, whining how Norwood played their typical "ultra defensive" shit brand of footy :lol:
We're getting quite used to hearing those sort of diversion tactics from West supporters after our games... ;)
by Scrapboy
Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Sturt v Norwood - Post Game

nwdfanparade wrote:I polish the cup every day!

I think a few people on here do
by JK
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Sturt v Norwood - Post Game

Yeah I went with the cleanest I could come* up with
by JK
Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 21/6

Personally? I'm a pretty good bloke once you get to know me.
by maxyoz
Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Full credit to both sides
Both played attacking football
Like watching footy in the 1980s
32 goals for a match is great too watch
by mal
Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pseudo wrote:
SDK wrote:Sabre we all know it has always been the coaches fault at Glenelg for the last 10 years .... all 7 of them !.

Only 4 in the last 10 years ... and none of them was Trevor Hill :D

Trevor Hill > Nick Stevens ;)
by Jim05
Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LOL, that's below the belt Jim ... :lol:
by dedja
Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Norwood v Central District - Post Game

CUTTERMAN wrote:
FRED wrote:We were ordinary but dont tell me umpires cant influence a game.

Had a good hand in the game against Sturt also.

Shame both your teams were outplayed too
by Scrapboy
Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Norwood v Central District - Post Game

We were ordinary but dont tell me umpires cant influence a game.

Did the umpires influence the Grand Finals the Doggies won or it is that the umpires only influence the games that the Doggies lose?

Good question. Can't really answer though - been too many in the last 14 years to distinguish one from the other :lol:
by Hazydog
Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 LIVE scores

Cant wait to hear West blame Norwood for this.
by Jim05
Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

It would be the worst ever year for amount of paid customers through the gate comfortably. Throw in smaller numbers of members, a bigger bill for TV and less publicity especially in finals time and things aren't looking great. The reserves sides have definitely been a big step backwards and could potentially get worse as the novelty wears off. The only positives are no byes and the Crows having one less excuse for being sh!t.
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL - New Marketing/Image

the new logo is currently being drafted up

AFLSA
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg's Ty Allen to Retire

A true SANFL player and one worthy of respect.
He, the Gowans boys, Sheedy, Cicca and Zorzi could all sit around and talk about their no-holds-barred battles and have each others' respect, I suspect.
Good luck with the retirement.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Week 1 2014 Finals

Congrats South, Eagles gone ... even the umps couldn't save you.
by dedja
Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magpies - Rules for Selection Eligibility in SANFL final

This is where the whole system is wrong. Once you have played a set number of AFL games you should be unable to play SANFL finals then you dont have all this crap to work out

Crap :shock: Your club voted for this. :lol:
His club voted for it, doesn't mean he agrees with it or that he had any say in which way his club voted.

This "your club voted for it" is just a load crap
by johntheclaret
Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Sturt v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sat 6/9)

Reckon we can get over the double blues .

Going to be a extremely tough contest but if we can hold a few of the key players in their side .... We will get over the line.

South by 21 points.

Just so excited to see us doing well this year. Been a bloody long time .
by southee
Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We Need You South

Cant believe how happy this Panther tragic is atm, can honestly say I havent seen a better performance from a South side in many,many years.
Have no fear, if we go down next week it wont be for a lack of trying, I can tell you.
We have 50 years of hunger to sate. :twisted: :twisted:

Yes there will be a few ol southees dusting off the scarf and jumping on the bandwagon, but who gives a s--t. We will need all the support we can muster next Sunday against the POWER RESERVES, so any other clubs supporters who are passionate about the SANFL can jump on board too, your support will be most welcome. :)
by blueandwhite
Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We Need You South

Don't care who we play!!
Just hope they bash the shite out of each other.
We're waiting to pick the carcass.
by fester69
Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

What do we think the crowd will be like for this one?

I risked not coming to the first two finals but am on my way to this one, I should stay away :?

Save it for the week after ;)

South might be able to gain an edge as the coach and any unused emergency players for Port may struggle to get back to Adelaide in time for the game Even bigger mental edge if their AFL sisters are knocked out the night before.....

Hocking and the travelling emergency(s) will fly out of Perth around 11:50 pm, to Melbourne and back to Adelaide by 10am.

Excellent match preparation. I suggest that the whole SANFL team accompany them as a team-building opportunity :lol:
by Dog Day Afternoon
Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OK. After 3 hours of not talking , I finally thought hey that's enough sulking for a grown man and told the missus I was going to the shop.

I want to say thanks to the Panthers for a great ride this season. I went to most home games and the odd away game. Plus all 3 finals.
Most games I went with the "Old Man", who was 16 the last time South won the flag .
So it's his fault I ended up following a team that I have never seen in a Grand Final.

I thought I better text mum to see if he was ok , as at the final siren he looked liked someone had stolen his last dollar.

Mum's text " He said he is jacked off cos they played well and got pipped at the post by imports. He has followed them for a long time. He is eating chocolate and he seldom does" ( diabetic ).

South Australia sometimes gets described as a "backwater" , but we love our state and our local footy. This is something people involved with the AFL and other states just don't get and will never get !!!

Good Luck to the Legs next week.
by The Panther
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

MON ... MONS .... MONSF ....

Faark, I just can't bring myself to do it!
by dedja
Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very proud of my football club both on and off the field, we have been proven to be morally correct in voting no against AFL reserves and we have lifted our status and respect throughout the SANFL as a well managed, stable club with a group of committed team oriented footballers. We were beaten not the Port Magpies as we once knew them, we played Port Adelaide FC now the Power an AFL club, they must mothball their old striped jumper and wear the teal, this misrepresentation of the truth is fooling no one except maybe themselves. They boost loudly they are one club, one club doesn't have two different colours, known by two different names, wear different jumper designs, have two different club songs, two different club logo's.
by darley16
Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Punchy Bassett wrote:So will Koch be demanding that never tear us apart be played before the game?

What distresses me is I used to like that song before the wharfies got hold of it. :(
by Dog Day Afternoon
Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well I cant believe Im writing this, a few bevvies have helped, I want to ignore this fargn Grand Final but this competition is such a great and historical one, South Australians do not understand what they have, so here it goes:

GO U LEGS
by wild dog
Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL V AFL / VFL

Back to the good old days.

Go Legs.

All true SANFL is behind you.
by Dog_ger
Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Recently dead set broke, struggled to make the finals in recent years, get gifted an AFL laden side with full time professionals, $9.3M salary cap, $40M+ revenue with sponsorship dollars galore and AFL facilities ... and still couldn't beat a true SANFL club on a sub $400K salary cap, part time players, barely $2-3M revenue, and no clubrooms.

We are Port Adelaide my arse, you are cheating scabs, and you still couldn't do the job.

Congratulations Norwood Football Club, Premiers 2014.

MONSFAW
by dedja
Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Summerton is excellent value at $400 a game.
Butcher is a waste of money at $400k a year
by SANFLnut
Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Norwood, were too good on the day and in the finals series.

McGuinness and Bode were excellent across half back, although Port played into their hands for much of the second half with long kicks to 2 on three or 3 on four or in some instances one on four contests.

Baulderstone the best of the big men, he and Dawe beat Harvey comfortably, but Harvey could hold his head high, he battled his guts out all day.

Lewi Stevenson, Krakouer and the skipper Summerton did what they could to keep Port in it, but too many Port players had too little influence on the outcome.

Clearly the best man on the ground was Matt Panos, his clearance work around the middle of the ground during the first half set the game up for Norwood and in the final quarter he got some very important touches when it mattered most. Deserving medal winner.

So, 38,000 to the game and it seems many doomsdayers were also in attendance, good on you for all showing up. From what I saw on the road back from Melbourne on Sunday many Port people did as I did, got away early and back for the match at Adelaide Oval. ( Well, got there just before 1/4 time anyway ) Plenty on people were still getting tickets at or on 1/4 time.

In the end 2014 was a battle of the best defence against the best attack and as many astute judges say, premierships are built from the back half. Norwood also showed that process and structure are more important than personnel. People come and go, but if a sound structure and belief among the playing group that the structure will work exists, success will come.

Norwoods biggest test, however, comes with the loss of McGuinness. He's been the premier elder statesman in the back half for years in the SANFL, the 'Legs will struggle to replace him.

Well done to all that jumped on the bandwagon yesterday, it was certainly full to the brim!!

Congratulations Norwood. Back to back to back is a great feeling, I've been lucky enough to witness it twice in my lifetime.
by Booney
Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Sturt @ Coopers Stadium (Thur N 2/4)

Yep, Ben Hanson. He's ok and was at the 3/4 time huddle. Fraser Evans was the other guy to get a knee to the head. Sturt burnt chances infront of goal with at least four gettable goals in the last 1/4 missed and numerous in the first half.
by CUTTERMAN
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 - live scores and waffle

Thank God thats over. Well done Eagles, stating the obvious but far too good. How did the Bays let McGregor go?
by JK
Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Eagles v Norwood Sunday 2.10

Hopefully all other teams watch closely this game and realise Norwood shite gamestyle of backwards first and endless switching isn't worth two knobs of goat shite without real top line players finishing off!
Once stood up to man on man they simply aren't capable of all out attack, it was pathetic........ 11 goals to 0 deep into the 3rd quarter :oops:

It's won three consecutive premierships but it's an uneffective game style? :shock: (won't argue that it's not particularly attractive to watch)

We got out "Norwooded" by the Eagles yesterday, but I'm not sure a) how many other teams have the cattle to do it as well as the Eagles did and b) that we'll succumb that poorly to it again (freaking hope not). In the past 2 seasons we've been a far better side in the second half of the season, so hopefully that can happen again.

Well and truly pantsed yesterday, but Im not prepared to write us off on the back of one game.

True enough.
Also have to mention luv how your lot stick up for Allen with a reserved determination, even though we all know he is a North player :shock:

Huh? :shock:

How do Boyd, Wundke, Borholm, Ainger, McGregor and Rakiwasa feel about their support?
by JK
Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Norwood v Port @ Adelaide Oval (Fri N 24/4)

Port to dish out the Legs 2nd thrashing in 2 weeks
Disgrace this game isn't being played on ANZAC day. How many years of tradition wiped away for the AFL?
Sadly Port Adelaide Reserves to continue their unbeaten start by 8 goals

How does the AFL have anything to do with it?

Ports AFL side play Saturday night, Adelaide on Sunday afternoon, so this match could be played Saturday afternoon if it was scheduled for then.
Not my understanding Boon, was led to believe Norwood wanted the game Saturday arvo at the Parade but Port requested their reserves not play the same day.
by Jim05
Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Booney to thread, Booney to thread....

:D :D

Well, after a proper gander at this one, you can't argue with most of it.

Adelaide clearly researched very little when it came to their "4000" claim, it has not and was never going to reach that number. Adelaide fans who still followed the SANFL side they supported were never going to drop them for the AFC in the SANFL and any Crow fan who didn't have an SANFL side ( those 25 or under ) were hardly going to start giving a shit about the comp because their left overs got together in one side.
by Booney
Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers (Fri N 1/5)

Jim05 wrote:A-League final on at same time, might drag the figure down a little

What odds would you get for Adelaide United to score more goals than Glenelg.
by whufc
Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Thought I'd start something in a particular thread to highlight exactly where we are at. These are all to the first week of May:
Year Average
1997: 4016 (20 matches, to Rd 5)
1998: 4204 (23, Rd 6)
1999: 3839 (23, Rd 6)
2000: 3322 (35, Rd 9)
2001: 4193 (23, Rd 6)
2002: 3887 (23, Rd 6)
2003: 3440 (23, Rd 6)
2004: 3575 (19, Rd 5)
2005: 3273 (23, Rd 6)
2006: 3315 (23, Rd 6)
2007: 3330 (19, Rd 5)
2008: 3440 (24, Rd 6)
2009: 3270 (24, Rd 6)
2010: 3693 (24, Rd 6)
2011: 3791 (19, Rd 5)
2012: 3349 (26, Rd 7)
2013: 3407 (24, Rd 6)
2014: 3635 (20, Rd 5)
2015: 2807 (22, Rd 5)

Yep I suspected as much. This year the hype, passion and interest just seems to have vanished more so that any other year. Not sure whether it was the start of the season later on in the year, the fact the first round was split rather than featuring all teams, the weather or something else.

Going forward, I just cannot see this crowd situation improving which will be incredibly sad. I don't believe for a second that any of the officials could say hand on heart that the introduction of the Power/Crows has been a success.
by Mr Fuller
Mon May 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

I think the style of football is affecting the crowd numbers. The full oval press going both ways is very frustrating to watch! I left Richmond Oval Sunday more annoyed with the standard of footy than Centrals actually losing. My 1st game in 2 years and it might be another 2 years before I go back.

Had that exact convo with someone this morning.
Most sides don't have the skill to play that properly, meaning the standard of some games is awful.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 06, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Glenelg v West @ Glenelg 2.10

when was the last time West kicked 30 goals? or anyone for that matter?

This match, Rd 17 1985:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L7iFCgi1c8

West 6.5 12.11 24.17 31.21 (207)
North 3.1 6.4 10.8 16.11 (107)
Richmond, 4677

In the last 19 seasons (1996-2014) Central have done it four times, Eagles once. Last time was Rd 13 2007:

http://safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8647

It's the first time a side has scored 30.9 in a match.

Geez how footy has changed, couldnt possibly imagine any team in this day and age kicking 107 points and losing by 100. 107 would win you 99% of games now
by daysofourlives
Sun May 17, 2015 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |