Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

SDK wrote:Nahhhh I am not going to stay on this forum now. I will go to the new one until it is fixed.
Bye.

:D
by leggies
Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals Predictions.

Rising Power wrote:I don't think anyone would be disappointed if South won it this year. Anyone apart from West supporters that is.

I'd be disappointed if South won and we didn't. However; if another team was to win instead of Norwood, I'd rather it be the Panthers.
by leggies
Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

Can hardly type .... Completely and utterly shattered tonight .

Worst feeling in the world ....still welling up in tears. :(

Just lost for words.
Mate... Us Norwood folk felt the same at the end of the 2010 grand final and look now.

You guys have come a bloody long way, you have some great players, an excellent coach and have hopefully gained a few supporters (new and returned ones.)

I know it doesn't help after being so close yet so far, but you guys earnt a hell of a lot of respect from across the whole of the SANFL.

I look forward to hopefully playing you in the grand final next year.

Losing a preliminary makes you even more hungry I believe for the following year.

You earnt my respect in 2014 as a genuine contender.
by leggies
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Well I cant believe Im writing this, a few bevvies have helped, I want to ignore this fargn Grand Final but this competition is such a great and historical one, South Australians do not understand what they have, so here it goes:

GO U LEGS
As much as it hurts.... I would have said the same if you @#&*s were playing them ;)... Thanks mate
by leggies
Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 - live scores and waffle

We were deplorable and clearly the club was already thinking about Friday night against the AFL. However.... Credit where credit is due, the Eagles smashed us in every area, mentally, physically, scoreboard etc etc.

Well done Eagles, you deserved it.
by leggies
Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1st Semi Final - Power Reserves v Centrals

Good luck dogs, send them out in straight sets
by leggies
Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Power Reserves v Centrals

Dogs easily. Butcher is playing
by leggies
Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Congratulations Westies and the real supporters!!! Enjoy the night, enjoy the emotion, enjoy the chimney. So happy for you. Well done. Wish it was us again
by leggies
Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Save the Tigers

i think removing them will actually condense what is left of the league, not dilute it. its already been shown that the reserves sides supporters are staying away in droves, so by getting rid of them, it will bring together what is left of the league
The SANFL is dying a slow painful death.. Fact remains regardless of reserves sides or not, the interest in the comp from the next generation just isn't there period.

Kids/teenagers if they're interested in footy are either involved at club level or they're home watching the AFL if not at an AFL game.

Harsh reality, but grass roots footy (SFL, SAAFL, HFL) probably has a greater interest and following amongst the younger generation.

This post sums it up perfectly.

'Grass roots' footy is real local footy, it's where kids play club footy, families go along, dads and mums chat, hang around to watch the big boys later, have another beer and a bbq etc. fact is these clubs are not sanfl clubs, it's saafl or country leagues. This is a regular weekend for many families instead of heading to the SANFL.

I'm not saying this because it's what i do (my 11 yr old hates footy and loves soccer, there lies another problem with the sanfl)

Maybe the sanfl needs a junior program??? Get 5-13 Yr olds wearing the Norwood, Sturt, North guernsey again, aspiring to play SANFL from a young age?

Us 40+ folk are a dying breed. I see a hell of a lot more kids wearing saafl tops than sanfl, the only ones sprucing sanfl gear in public are those who are the children of us 40+ who have indoctrinated our children as our parents did to us. Unfortunately many of us left the competition years ago and are continually leaving.

Another point I liked above about the save the Tigers video was that it was clearly aimed at the 'hey day'.... Old footage of when Glenelg and the sanfl was thriving, it's clearly aimed at the 40+ again, there is nothing there about the current generation, no interviews with younger ex players nothing to entice the 25 yr old to put in $10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by leggies
Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I HATE IT WHEN THE MEDIA GET IT WRONG...

Apparently there were 938 crows at Noarlunga. Their best ever attendance at an SANFL game, but still just over 3000 short of what was promised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by leggies
Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |