Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Headed out to the tower on the weekend to watch the great Mark Pym play his 300th game ,what a legend. Congrats Marty a true champion of the club. What a let down the umpiring was . Still has not changed , complete muppets in my view , especially when the taller ruled a sliding free kick . Terrible . That rule does not even apply in the APFL I'm told. As usual they are not held to account and can do whatever they want depending on what mood they are in. United a little disappointing as well could not go on with a 19 point lead at 3/4 time , very sad for Marty .

Was very frustrating. Made worse by the other umpire saying to 1 of our players at the time that the rule doesn't exist in our league. Should have over ruled it on the spot if that's the case. You can't just make rules up. Plus the slide was actually because he dived head first and got 2 hands to the footy before the Hummocks player arrived to the contest. The taller umpire you referred to just simply is not up to standard, hasn't been for a long time, but you could say that about some players too, so I probably shouldn't complain. Ha.
It is not the reason we lost the game, in fact Hummocks won it by playing much better football than us particularly in the first 5 minutes and the last quarter, but a couple of dicey decisions that resulted in goals certainly helped build their momentum which we couldn't stop. Players make mistakes as well, but it would be nice if an ump just came up after the game and said "sorry lads I got that particular one wrong" but I doubt that will ever happen.
by Mythical Creature
Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |