Search found 58 matches

Return

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

Read a funny quote on The LAD Bible this morning: "David Moyes has spent the last 11 years trying to get Everton to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford, and tonight he finally achieved it!"
by am Bays
Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

I play for the love of the black and white mate. Footy's not about money.

Having said that, if anyone's paid, it should be me. I am arguably the best player at North Haven.
by HH3
Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't forget that now Everton have been freed from the Moyes shackles they are likely to be pressing for 4th as well!
by Zelezny Chucks
Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Baines has re-signed with Everton for 4 more years
by Jim05
Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE EPL SCORES

mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Chavs 1-0 with 10 to play
Back to a 3 horse race

Oh please. City go one point ahead if they won and it's title race over. Stupidest comment I would of seen on here .

That I very much doubt ;)
by johntheclaret
Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

This is something you would be interested in @woodublieve12

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52200/GTA-Online-The-Business-Update-Coming-Next-Week-Tuesday

Are the updates free? Or do you have to pay $70 like Battlefield?
looks cool... just need more coin... some updates are pretty good.

all updates are free... i think the only time you spend real coin is when you want to buy los santos $$$$

Might get on it again over the weekend to check it out. Probably have a 10Gb download before I can start it coz its been months since I last played it.
:lol: that gives you the sh!ts... your like, "i've got an hour to kill, might just hop on for a quick game" BAM Updates, once they are done.. Wife walks in the door!!! DAMN IT!!!

If I have an hour to kill and the missus isn't home Im definitely not on the Playstation. And if she walks in the door, I have some 'splaining to do. :lol:
by HH3
Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Robb_Stark wrote:Tim Aloisi to win the goal kicking overall

Dreaming.

He missed the weekends game with a wedding as well.

And he is a rabbit anyway!
by carey
Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2015 Hogg Shield Information and Q&A Thread

Gidday viewers. Time for a Hogg Update.

What is the Hogg Shield?

The Hogg Shield is a multi-divisional set of leagues that plays Supercoach fantasy AFL. The Hogg Shield is named after former and sometimes still playing Cricketer Bradley George Hogg. It was set up by a bunch of board IT types who should have been working. The first (AFL) Hogg was run in the 2007 season.

As each year passed more and more divisions were added and last season we had 122 coaches (plus two automatic Journo entries) take part.

Seeded pre-season invites

Already posted are threads for each Hogg League for 2015. The leagues are listed in seeded order based on that team's 2014 SuperCoach score. Please note that these pre-season league lists are provisional. In the event that any coach does not wish to enter the Hogg then the highest ranked team from the league below will be invited to fill that spot.

It is possible to be 'leapfrogged' by coaches who might have been in a lower league than you last season if they outscored you. If someone 'leapfrogs' you they are not taking your place in a higher league, they are taking the place of a team that has dropped out. A big candidate to leapfrog this year is Adelaide Crows who outscored everyone in the Hogg last year. It is not possible for a team to be automatically promoted into Premier League if they have not participated in Hogg Division I.

If you were relegated last year you won't be sent down a further division just because someone outscored you last year in a lower Division.

Keep your eyes open in the league threads and on your PM box or email accounts because the invites will be flying thick and fast once SuperCoach opens in February.

New and Returning Coaches

If you have been in the Hogg before your seeding will be based on your last recorded score for the season. Returning coaches will be placed in the highest available league and can be promoted up to Hogg Division I .

If you are a new Hogg coach please PM me with your 2014 SuperCoach score (if applicable). I don't need to know how many years you have played or what position you were ranked, just the final score. New coaches who have played before can be promoted as high as Hogg Division IV . If you are a SuperCoach rookie then you will be placed in Hogg Division VI (or V if we don't get enough coaches this season).

Captain my Captain!

The Hogg works better when there isn't a 'REB' team in every division. I lose too many Grand Finals and frankly, it's embarrassing! ;) I will need someone captains for the following divisions..

Hogg Division I
Hogg Division III
Hogg Division V

All you need to do is post weekly results, what everyone's score is for the season to date and what the league ranking is. If you want you can do some writeups and such if you are a mad keen SC tragic like myself.

I'm a lazy man, Roger! (Deadlines and Cutbacks)

In the past we have had a Hogg Deadline and I've sent out countless emails to try and get coaches to sign up to the Hogg in order to get the comp to grow. Right now I don't care how big the Hogg is and I'd be happy with a few less leagues to be honest. This season I've decided to scrap Champions League because about twelve teams are in Hogg Elite and Hogg Champions. The Hogg Elite league has pretty much replaced the Champions league.

As for the deadline, this will be about seven days before the final lockout. If you have not taken your invite by then it will be offered to the person with the highest ranking from the league below (see above). However, if any new coaches want to join there will always be room but get your shit together folks because I'm not chasing anyone this year.

OK Chaps and chapesses, now I'm off to try and figure out what to do with my backline! Good luck in the Hogg in 2015.

regards

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 Discussion

Q. wrote:Anyone keen on Parker, or would that be points chasing?

Yep. Too late. He's shit. Don't get him. Get Kornes.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri May 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Realised yesterday that I have planned a weekend "babymoon" away with the mrs this thursday friday, and fifa 16 comes out thursday.

so naturally we have had to cancel the weekend away :D
by bennymacca
Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

That might have been during the game :D

Apparently he's not 1-4 sticking around after the game...
by JK
Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

B4E =
is this b4e.png
by The Bedge
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wasnt your dad i gave it to :)
by OKC!
Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

God damn it Arsenal ](*,) I guess this it what it feels like to be A Richmond supporter.
by Fricky
Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAFOOTY AFL FANTASY 2016

One Club Player wrote:I'm in - 2 spots left

So the cream is working then?
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:The good thing about being flexible is that you don't break.

Pretty sure that Carey took them form being on the brink of extinction to a rapid rise through the grades and their first premiership for a billion years but I guess that counts for FA now.

It wasn't all my doing but thanks LM
by carey
Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Elite 2016

Will hear about this from cossi at training Tuesday too! Grr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Groover
Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went to Houghton today and thought they were dirty as! They had a bloke sent off which IMO doesn't reflect very well on their club image.
Obviously going there today thinking that we would have a nice and fair game was something that I must have been mistaken by.
Also their supporters kept sledging me and my fellow team mates and made our self esteem reach new lows.

Can't wait for the return leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Groover
Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

D6 Ladder after Rd 4:
8 - West Croydon
6 - Brahma Lodge
6 - Ingle Farm
6 - Woodville South
4 - Houghton Districts
----------------------------------
4 - Mawson Lakes
2 - Trinity OS
2 - Mitchell Park
2 - Fitzroy
0 - Adelaide Lutheran

Round 5:
Fitzroy v Woodville South: Another home game for the 'Roys, they'll be looking to claim another victory as they did two weeks ago. Showing signs of improvement over the past few weeks, unfortunately took a backwards step yesterday against the powerful lodge side. Will be interesting to see how the side can back up from the shorter break, and if it will hinder player recovery/ability to play. Woodville South have been quietly going about their business, building nicely and sitting in the top group on 3 wins & 1 loss. Whilst all the talk has surrounded West Croydon and co. the Cats have been able to stay quiet under the radar. My concern is how they'll manage the unique size and shape of Sam Johnson Sportsground. Perhaps a 'Roys victory isn't out of the question?

Houghton Districts v Adelaide Lutheran: Houghton will head into this game as raging favourites after an impressive showing against Woody South on the weekend. Robb Stark obviously finally let his footy do the talking, while Q no doubt racked up bulk km's on the GPS. Back home this week, very difficult to beat the mountain men on their home ground it's hard to see them dropping this game. The downside to Houghton is after a couple of weeks of school holidays, Adelaide Lutheran will be hoping to have a few return to the side to strengthen it. Not sure it'll be enough, and the Raiders should continue their good start to the season.

Mawson Lakes v West Croydon: Mawson Lakes are a disciplined unit, and although undermanned were able to shut down Adelaide Lutheran on the weekend to stay in touch with the top 5. Novosel wound back the clock once again, slotting a cool 8, whilst looking at the best players, the Lakes midfield ran rampant with familiar names all featuring - King, Kennett, Ung, McCammon. Unfortunately they run into the red hot Hawks, who have brushed all aside before them so far. Speaking with someone on the weekend, they pointed out the Hawks could consider themselves unlucky to still be in D6 - they've had an outstanding team for a number of years, but have ran into some very powerful sides - Rosewater & Blackfriars 2014, Lockleys & Smithfield 2015.. they've paid their dues and this could be the year. Ruck battle will be interesting, I think Mawson Lakes will hold the ascendancy in the centre, but they'll be hard pressed to find more winners around the ground, and will suffer another defeat.

Ingle Farm v Mitchell Park: Battle of the old enemy.. although these days, I doubt very much if many at Ingle Farm can recall the strong rivalry and hatred that existed. One person who will remember will be Nat McDonnell.. a bane of Ingle Farms for many seasons, he is one of two people who I can honestly say find an extra gear and grow a foot taller when playing Ingle Farm (Jeb Stubberfield being the other). Memories of the Mitchell Park comeback after half time at Rowe Park when last in D6 still haunts me, led by the twins who were like possessed rangas. Mitchell Park head into this game full of confidence after registering their first win in arguably the upset so far of the season. On the flip side of the coin, Ingle Farm will be looking to bounce back after their loss on the weekend, and would be hopeful to have almost a full team become available after failing to show up Saturday.

Trinity OS v Brahma Lodge: In a division that promises to be tight, you have to take your chances. TOS would've pencilled Saturday in for a win, and now find themselves in a difficult position, to be tested further still when they host a Brahma Lodge side beginning to wind up and fire, living up to the pre-season hype. This will be an interesting clash, Trinity are difficult to beat at home, have some big lads up forward and quality mids.. but Brahma are beginning to find some serious form, and Aloisi will be tough to stop. The question for me is if Brahma have enough size to stop the big boppers from TOS, but I also think Brahma will have too much run and class around the ground and will be tough to beat.
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 weeks OTR mIssed out by in the end after a 16 month battle with cancer. :(
Well done Foxes, he'd be so proud.
by Wedgie
Tue May 03, 2016 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cossi11 wrote:... below average would have sufficed!

We're talking footy ability - not height 8) ;)
by The Bedge
Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cossi11 wrote:Trinity 14.8 defeated Tim Aloisi 14.2 but Brahma Lodge 26.7 defeated Trinity 14.8

Gee Aliosi must've got heaps of free kicks.
by carey
Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I remember the last time The Lodge played HV!
by Browny25
Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

cossi11 wrote:BLFC looking for new players for 2017...

Been a big exit of key players due to the money drying up so are looking for players who are keen to join up for just 1 season!

I'll come play b-grade with you
by Q.
Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2016/2017

cossi11 wrote:Probably about time I posted in here to keep updated on the topic..

disappointing for Everton on the weekend... replicated AUFC v MV game, peppered the goals for the last 10 minutes and then Burnley go up the other end and score!!

You've got good timing, I'll give you that Cossi :D
by johntheclaret
Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Executive Member wrote:Cosenza tried to do a trade but the other club wouldn't part with the water bottles The Lodge asked for

I heard the Lodge tried moving Cosenza on for $2k...

They would've offered more for someone to take him but it's all they had available :P
by The Bedge
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tickets tickets everyone. Who wants to buy tickets??? Just PM Cossi and he'll quote ya ;) ;)
by Bombers4EVA
Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My Ladder Predictions for the 2017 Season

1. Ingle Farm
2. West Croyden
3. Salisbury West
4. Elizabeth
5. Fitzroy
9. Trinity
10. Mawson Lakes

Grand Finalists: Ingle Farm vs Elizabeth
Premiers: Ingle Farm
Leading Goal Kicker: Grae Grant
Assoc Medal - Grae Grant
Welcome to the forum Grae
by morell
Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Of all the clubs in the land I would be ripping into, Smithfield would be at the very bottom of that list.

I'd be sticking to Colonel Light Gardens and Sacred Heart.

by morell
Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would hardly be a drop in the ocean at BLFC Cossi ;)
by human_torpedo
Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

The Balfours Div 6 footy preview.

Elizabeth v Trinity OS
The battle of the north kicks off at Elizabeth with the Eagles looking to get off to a good start after dropping down to 6. The only real quality they have lost is Daniel Hodges to Modbury and the talk has been youth is the go at the club to rise back up but with add of Markis and the return of Cotter from fitzroy to add some more firepower to help Sheppard up forward and with Greenshields still floating in the mids they will still be looking to bounced straight back up.
Trinity on the otherhand have lost star full forward Alex Cotter, and good players in Lemmon, Maher, Rossack and the rumors of Spurr while not adding a whole lot on the other end. New coach Stephen Couzner is known to play a press so will be interesting to see if he has brought that to the tossers.
This will be a great game but if Trinity are to win they will need the likes Zorichs, O'Hara, Sammy Peters, Winning, Macphail to have big days and Perry to take over at full forward. Elizabeth will need all the youth they have to show the speed and zip to past the big blokes of trinity to get it down to Cotter and Sheppard.

Trinity OS - Lockleys - Spurr, Chad - Pending - 2017-03-28
If this gets approved. It's gonna make Lockleys even more stronger.
If Elizabeth outscore Trinity they will win I reckon.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:Wow what have I missed.

A comma and a question mark.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu May 04, 2017 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to needing 3 balls and not just one spare behind the goals we are kicking too. 43 and 53 scoring shots the last 2 weeks so let's say each shot takes an average of 10 seconds to retrieve the ball. That's allot of wasted time. A spare ball at each end makes sense. Let's have a vote?

a lot of time is wasted whilst the opposition have the ball as well..get rid of them and then you can just pile the goals on like a training drill.. 8)
by zedman
Fri May 05, 2017 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The "seaweed award", the poster who floats around and does f*** all:
Zartan.

Update your tipping board FFS.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why do people care if players come in for a beer after the game? Times have changed and those days are far and few between. Especially when you have to get in the car and drive 30 odd minutes back to your own club I think the fact that players aren't having a couple of quick beers after running around for 2 hours then getting behind the wheel of a car is probably smart.

Ill say it again times have changed let it go people

It's about respect. Times may change but some traditions should never die and I'm strong on having blokes come in for a beer after the game. It's not that hard to come in and have one beer or a Coke and chat about footy.
by ramming23
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I always go in for a beer as I Believe rehydration is the best form of recovery.

Beer is 90% water
by carey
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division I 2017

cossi11 wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Greetings cos or anyone reading this. I need total points scored and league rank please.

regards,

REB

I posted before the finals post above mate

Ah gotcha! Thanks cos.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Rankings Thread 2017

Of course I'd be smashing you all if I didn't have to do all this. ;) Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:Ingle Farm will not make the Grand Final based on one thing most of them are HOGS

:lol:
by Inallseriousness
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Footy Chick wrote:Someone has been whispering in my ear again.

I hope youre all sitting down coz this is a real WTF moment.

Everybodies mate Marc Cox, has just signed on at his 45th club.

Good luck Fitzroy :lol:

The old SPITTER himself would have to be getting on wouldn't he.
by Robran
Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

one day I will wrote:Happy New year Gents.

Anyone know why N.Hooker has requested a clearence from the TOSSERS to Bl&g?

Also wondering if Brahma lodge have lost a high quality forward to a rival club recently?

well Cossi was high quality back in 2012, he is simply now an old quality forward :lol:
by Executive Member
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy New year Gents.

Anyone know why N.Hooker has requested a clearence from the TOSSERS to Bl&g?

Also wondering if Brahma lodge have lost a high quality forward to a rival club recently?

Cossi is simply now an old forward
edited for accuracy.

We also take old forwards if ur interested cossi haha :-({|=
by one day I will
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has the money tree dried up again?? :twisted: :twisted:
No, this is what happens when you don't have a good junior setup - you have bigger ebbs and flows, and greater player turnover.

Considering you were associated with St Pauls, Mawson Lakes and now Houghton, would've thought you'd understand the difficulties associated with no juniors.
by The Bedge
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has the money tree dried up again?? :twisted: :twisted:
Yep spot on, I have left because they couldn't offer me anywhere near the huge dollars they were last season.. So off to Central united where the money tree has just started blossoming... :roll: Would have thought football should be off your radar, need to spend more time playing poker.... that's where the real money is
by mickey
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

eric wrote:Talk to ten, sign one.. winning..
You do the maths

Sounds like a regularly Saturday night for me as a young buck hitting the clubs :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

With the Winter Olympics now down and the amount of down hill skiers, oops I mean players heading to Central United I'm surprised there isn’t more talk of them on here lately? Seems to be a pattern with a cluster of these northern suburbs clubs. Blokes just bounce between them depending on potential of success.
It's a plague. Big cultural issue facing all lower leagues.

Seems to be either easy wins and a flag shot or nothing.

Having said that, Central United are a bit different, they've struggled for a while. Deserve a bit of success.
I played the majority of my juniors there (under 9's - 15's) and have a group of close mates that I played senior footy with at EP there. Two birds with one stone for me, have some fun and finish off my career at my junior club and with close mates. If there is success along the way then that is a bonus!
Nah in all honesty I hope you go well. Ripper footy club the Units.
by morell
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I played the majority of my juniors there (under 9's - 15's) and have a group of close mates that I played senior footy with at EP there. Two birds with one stone for me, have some fun and finish off my career at my junior club and with close mates. If there is success along the way then that is a bonus!

Quite a few boys in a similar boat for the Lions. Look forward to playing CU sounds like both will have a mix of youngsters and wily old veterans.
by lion heart
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haha :lol:

Rather than next year we all mourning the loss of a beautiful club, how about each club within 10km go on a recruiting drive and at their next training session speak up about how a local club is on its last legs and every club in the inner southern suburbs is looking to donate the services a 2 players to mitchell park

Lol

Or....

IF you are a current player reading this AND it seems your set to be a 2018 bench boy at your Club... how about you go see the mighty mitchell park lions with a mate this thursday after 5:30 and sign up

You might actually get 4 quarters of footy this weekend

I'd use capitals for Mitchell, Park and Thursday. I think punctuation goes a long way when you're trying to advertise.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Under_Scrutiny wrote:Any games being played this weekend?

No, but there's lots of blokes sitting on the bench, getting one of their 18 quarters in for the season.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Shuffle those deck chairs!

NicNat OUT and some talk that English might be omitted too. Young Tim has run his race anyway... trade time for him!

OUT
English and Stephenson

IN
Mcinerny and Mclean

26 trades left and $300K in the bank

Still have petracca, mills and touhy severely under performing but holding on to them for now...

Cows are starting to moo so have to move on them...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
by nuggety goodness
Wed May 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |