Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

So what happens when Aldinga beat OSBLonsdale on the weekend? Are the footy show then going to help out OSB/Lonsdale. I hope Lonsdale get up on the weekend, a club that has struggled a lot in recent years but hasn't sought out this type of attention. Be interesting to see how this ends up after the media circus leaves town and they play Reynella the week after and then 6-8 weeks later.
by qwerty
Fri May 23, 2014 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Salary cap won't work , how are you going to stop the wheat farmer or the potato grower from employing a bloke for 2 days and giving him $600 . The cfl should actually get of there butt ,
go and watch a few games and get a feel of what's going on out there.
Apps system only rewards mediocrity why should clubs that win Gf or play finals get penalised?
Give every club the same amount of points or get rid of it.
Salary cap can work if players are made to sign stat decs on what & how they're paid.
What a load of crap APPS rewards mediocrity, it stops clubs buying flags year after year.

Makes you wonder then how all these leagues/clubs survived in some cases for over 100 years, thank god for the points system the saviour of local footy :roll:
by qwerty
Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So the investigation/report found some clubs had been complaing that there playing budgets are unsustainable etc - How about then if you can't afford it don't pay the money and be selective with your recruiting.

The root of this problem I am confident in saying is the points system, if it didn't exist then player payments would never have escalated to the levels they have. Sure some clubs are still going to spend some money and certain players are still going to earn big $ but there would be a direct correlation with the introduction of the points system and the escalation of player payments, which has been discussed on numerous threads on this site.

The stuff they are talking about in relation to the salary cap just places more burden on local clubs and volunteers with the threat of fines, loss of points ATO investigations, give me a break who the hell do they think they are, hope all clubs have some accountants willing to chip in sometime.
by qwerty
Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some great posts and discussion on this thread, I wonder if the 'SACFL' and I use that term loosely have taken the time to read any of this?

It would appear based on the large majority that they should at least seek feedback from clubs, not leagues, as many on here are upset by the representation or lack thereof they are being provided with.

The fact that this is supposed to work in conjunction with the APPS is even more baffling.
by qwerty
Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |