Search found 120 matches

Return

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

Ian wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I'm old and dont like change too but I'm living with it. ;)
I don't know about that, you seem to change your women often enough ;)

That's a fair point but I was pretty stable for 22 years prior! ;)
by Wedgie
Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach for 2014

Old Blue New Tiger wrote:Doesn't change my opinion of the blokes , I am sure I am entitled to that ?

If you haven't met the bloke then you aren't entitled to say he is up himself! Quality person, footballer and leader!
by PK12
Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist James Allan

Can't wait to hear from old potsy pullmypud regarding this signing as he's always had such nice things to say about jimmys ability and hard ball gets , but maybe he will get his number sewn onto his moss green sports coat with the matching leather elbow patchs
by Trent Plucktrum
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Zealand

Just got back from 3.5 weeks in NZ, had a blast.

Spent the first week in Auckland and Wellington catching up with friends and acquaintances, unbeknownst to me we were put up in a $5mil beachfront property in Stanley Point during our Auckland stay which was pretty ******* sweet. Gotta say though, I preferred windy Welly as a city.

Drove anti-clockwise around the south island for the rest of the trip. Highlights are the usual suspects - seal spotting in Westport, sunset at Hokitika beach, trekking Fox Glacier, bungy jumping and paragliding in Queenstown, eating a shit ton of food in Dunedin.

The real highlight was NZ beer though. The country is not short of microbrewery's and not-so-micro-brewery's. My faves were Monteith's Double Hopped IPA, Speight's Porter & Mac's Sassy Red. So many to choose from though. Beer paradise.

I guess the only downside was the cold, and sometimes wet, weather. But then I saw the Adelaide heatwave and didn't complain anymore, even if I had only packed one jumper and two pairs of boardies that went virtually unused.

Highly recommend NZ. It's a piss easy country to get around in and the sheep-shaggers are a pretty good lot.
by Q.
Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best suburb to live in

Norwood... Just ask Big Phil.
by Q.
Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cruises

Just booked a 13-night New Years Cruise around New Zealand (Melbourne - Melbourne) with Princess. The beauty of leaving from Melbourne is getting the Boxing Day Test in too. Done P&O before, and did a quick MSC cruise in South Africa last summer (which I didn't rate, except the bar prices), have heard good things about Princess.
by Pag
Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

opinions, they are like arse holes, every site has them.
by DOC
Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19

Yeah, nothing says love like pulling your sponsorship.
by smac
Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, nothing says love like pulling your sponsorship.

Well do it then if you sponsor.Round 3 now. Just sayin'

Lots of whinging coming out Elizabeth way..................spoilt non football folk maybe
:lol:

Nice try, but I think you might've just missed the point of smac's post there Bouncey.

More attention to detail please. It's nearly Round 3, after all. ;)
by StrayDog
Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My spare time is quite hard earned. But no, I've never paid enough money to sponsor the club with the hope of brandishing that sponsorship for my own outcomes whilst earning the condemnation of the board and administration of the club.

You are a pissant supporter the club could do without.

And so can I. Foe list for you, your replies will not be read.
by smac
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Almost Coached

Kevin Sheedy was almost going to coach Centrals prior to his Essendon appointment.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Symes Announces Retirement

Unfortunately for Symes this wasn't the first head knock. Maybe that needs to be taken into account as well. Yes the game has changed but was it that bad ? Least he didn't cop gutless ones from behind or in packs .Ironic.

Yes, it was that bad!!
Wishing there was a dislike button for comments. An atrocious comment at a time like this.
At the same time, there is no way I would want anyone to try to seek revenge on Grocke. That doesn't solve anything. I am sure that Grocke's conscience is giving him enough trouble already.
by bulldogproud2
Mon May 05, 2014 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Symes Announces Retirement

Unfortunately for Symes this wasn't the first head knock. Maybe that needs to be taken into account as well. Yes the game has changed but was it that bad ? Least he didn't cop gutless ones from behind or in packs .Ironic.

Up there as one of the snidest post I have read on a footy forum. Please explain the Irony in Symes announcement. The interview that you quote is more a testament to his character than a defence of that ^.
by wild dog
Wed May 07, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by scott
Sun May 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 LIVE scores

Dols wrote:]there is a whinge thread for people like you[LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

There is a comp for you, it's called the AFL. (Insert retardation emoticon)
by topsywaldron
Sun May 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

I don't really care about whatever advantages or perceived advantages they have at the moment, just gotta take it for what it is. If we come in with the right attitude and make the most of our opportunities, we can absolutely win.

Port has looked a million bucks in patches this year, but so have we (they've just sustained it for longer periods). We've got the best-marking, hard-running and long-kicking forward in the league and one of the best-running midfields (average 30 more handball receives than our opponents this year, no-one comes close). We're not that far off Port in terms of disposal efficiency and skill level. Our defence will get tested, but I reckon our biggest issue is the fact it's at a venue that we've had such little success at in over 100 years.

Haven't looked forward to an SANFL match as much as this since our final against them in 2006. This game means a lot for our season. Whatever they're called/badged now, they're still the same Port Adelaide Magpies that I've despised for so long. Carn South. :D
by scott
Tue May 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval (Sat 26/7)

North for me . Can we have supporters of both clubs supporting their teams this week ? Novel idea.

Support your team and stop running them down and even post about the game . It's a footy site isn't it ? Very juvenile or maybe no clue .
by Bounce of the ball
Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Glenelg v Port Magpies @ Gliderol (Sat 23/8)

As someone who is blind I am very appreciative of the inground coverage when there is no radio coverage. So is my girlfriend, it means she doesn't have to play commentator! :)
by matt35
Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg's Ty Allen to Retire

A true SANFL player and one worthy of respect.
He, the Gowans boys, Sheedy, Cicca and Zorzi could all sit around and talk about their no-holds-barred battles and have each others' respect, I suspect.
Good luck with the retirement.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

I will do up a detailed report on crowd figures when I get a chance.

But in summary

SANFL
- minor round average in 2013 (2619) up by 7.4% to 2812 this year.
- increase 193 per game or 17,370 total over the match minor round

HOME GAMES
of the 9 clubs who regularly held home games, 6 had an increase over 2013, 3 (Central, North & West a decrease)

ALL GAMES
from last years 9 clubs, 7 had an increase per game home & away, 2 (Central & West) had a decrease.

Biggest Growth was Sturt
- Home & Away crowds up 589 per game (23.4%)
- Away Crowds up 527 per game (21.8%)
- Home Crowds up 625 per game (24.6%)

Biggest Drop was West
- Home & Away Crowds down 419 per game (16.5%)
- Away Crowds down 515 per game (18.7%)
- Home Crowds down 300 per game (12.9%)
by PhilH
Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Onto the game, can Port get a ruckman from somewhere ?
Bauldy and Dawe will dominate Bruggy and Harvey as every side has this finals.
Port need to play J Butcher if he declares himself fit as they have nothing up forward. They have a reasonable defence and 8-10 top class (SANFL level) onballers is where they get the advantage. They bat deeper in the midfield.
Will Jimmy Allen play?
Looking forward to a great game and the Legs getting up in a close one.

As for what they are called or what they chant, isn't that their prerogative?, they have a side in the competition - wether it be a reserves or thirds side, they have a team in our competition.
Maybe McEvoy can play for them too.
by cennals05
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Media Poll - vote for safooty.net

Thanks for the heads up Phil, I understand you probably feel conflicted and haven't put yourself up for nomination but you should, you are clearly in the top 3 SANFL media people and give great service to the league.
by Dutchy
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2014 SANFL Media Awards SAFooty.net wins!!!!

Hi everyone,

The 3rd annual FOOT-e TIMES Media Poll survey is out, this time it is in partnership with the SANFL with the winners being announced at the 2014 SANFL Media Awards.

The categories have changed with a new one for fans favourite SANFL News Web Site .... and safooty.net is one of the sites listed.

To vote go to

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2688/

Closes 9pm Monday September 22nd.
by PhilH
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Media Poll - vote for safooty.net

Dutchy wrote:Thanks for the heads up Phil, I understand you probably feel conflicted and haven't put yourself up for nomination but you should, you are clearly in the top 3 SANFL media people and give great service to the league.

Yep agree with this.
Nice bloke too
by johntheclaret
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

Reckon Ill get back to the Bay in 2015 after having my protest in 2014 and not attending a game, mainly for my kids who have been asking why we aren't going anymore, the heart strings are pulling me back a bit as well, even though my head says I should stay away. Although don;t think Ill be attending anywhere near as many games as I used to as I got used to going to the SFL last year every Sat,
by Dutchy
Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

Reckon Ill get back to the Bay in 2015 after having my protest in 2014 and not attending a game, mainly for my kids who have been asking why we aren't going anymore, the heart strings are pulling me back a bit as well, even though my head says I should stay away. Although don;t think Ill be attending anywhere near as many games as I used to as I got used to going to the SFL last year every Sat,

Bandwagonner!! ;)
by JK
Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Not sure why Phil didn't respond to you Knowledge but did others after your post however why would he now change his mind or did he not sign as mentioned ?
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

how does chiggy still have a job ffs

IThe man is Useless.

What's Chiggy done wrong? I can't see how this is his fault.

On or off the field ?????
How many spoons under chiggy ????
Sold out his club and league
Ignored a domestic violence charge and like Nick Stevens simply hoped bashing a female would go away
Willingly Drove life long members away from the club.
"I hate to go against the will of my members" when voting yes to impress Chappy and further his own career. should of been sacked I.i
Immediately
The above quote Should be etched on the p%+£s gravestone.

You seem to know Nick well. Can I guess he is a passionate Crows/afl fan ??? I wonder why chiggy was 1 of 3 SANFL presidents mentioned as the top 20 most powerful/biggest sell outs in sa football along with tripodi and slaven.

He may have you fooled but for the rest of us it's obvious.

Positive for me is for the last 20 years I've had numerous arguments with bays fans telling them chiggy is an overrated dud. Bays fans don't seem to argue with me anymore.

I'm not going to waste my time responding to your diatribe other than, you Sir are an imbecile.

Without Nick Chigwidden, the Glenelg Football Club would have folded over a year ago.

With such an axe to grind, perhaps start up a 'Why I Hate Glenelg or Chiggy' thread and go your hardest. That will at least stop you clogging up other threads.
by dedja
Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg FC

dedja wrote:Awwww, how cute ... a thread for numpties to play in.

Can you be specific with your numpties implication ?
Heres a list of posters before your reply
Which ones are the numpties ?

Bounce of the ball
onthe rails
saintal
mal
kneeedeepinthehoopla
RB
topsywaldron
by mal
Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg FC

Don't attack Glenelg supporters. What they do is hang crap when they are winning but run to the hills when things become normal again. You will notice a trend that one posts and a few back it up. I'm still waiting on a response about what Chiggy did to save the club.
And you were asked a question on the first page of this thread which I'm still waiting on a response.
by Spargo
Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

The best April Fools jokes are the almost believable ones. This fits that category.
by rocketeer
Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - Eagles v West at Woodville Saturday 2.10

The Eagles can't be serious playing schwarz and martyn they are F graders, Westies should win by 3 goals

I thought we were supposed have some good juniors coming up and we're playing plodders like poole and schwarz and well martyn has pace but that's about it
How did those plodding F graders do this week against the Premiers?

Just asking

Norwood's Rugby League gamestyle was no surprise but when man on man footy was served up with counter attack....... well let's just say they kicked more at the Eagles goals then their own :twisted: Shite it must be watching that each week, do your head in :Hangman:
Should I repeat the question as you seemed to have missed it?
by johntheclaret
Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Glenelg v Central Fri 7.10

Who has a worse outfit than Glenelg am?

Norwood has always had a worse outfit/Guernsey than us

The new umpires rig is a pretty poor outfit too!!

I only posted in this thread so when I posted in our winning threads I didn't get accused of being an Eagles supporter and only posting after a win!!!

:D :D
by am Bays
Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Central v Eagles @ Playford Alive (Sat 25/4)

Disappointing that you take offence to observations Ferret. I comment on all the good performances and bad performances on most games but it appears you have no stomach to read the latter even when it is absolutely warranted. I do watch most game Ferret. How about yourself? Were you actually dedicated enough to make an effort to take the drive to Elizabeth on the weekend to watch (in potentially poor weather) the match? I know many eagles supporters who weren't. What in my comments about the game were not accurate? Godden coached well, he has changed his game-plan from last year and it looks great. We had some great players as well as some passengers. Get over it FFS and stop being so precious!!!
by Mr Fuller
Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL Ladders & Statistics - Round 5

Greetings for yet another season! 8)

Just the league ladder for now. Reserves, Under 18s and Under 16s from next week.
by scott
Wed May 06, 2015 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Oh, and here's another thing, after that article was released I think is the best timing to say it:

Last year all we heard was crowds were up on 2013...over and over. Not one mention was made of the real poor weather in 2013 in comparison to the whole of 2014.

This year crowds are well down and it's due to the 'poor' weather.

I rest my case.
by spell_check
Wed May 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: state squad announced to take on WAFL

I hope we win and make a statement. Why would people continuously bag the competition . I understand the league has made some poor decisions, yes I have no time for AFL reserves but get behind your team and the whole competition would be more mature. Good appointment with Cornes too.
I bet if he was appointed Glenelg coach it would be well received.
by Bounce of the ball
Wed May 20, 2015 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Live scores

Fantastic gameday thread Scott.

Thanks
by johntheclaret
Sun May 31, 2015 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: McGregor sacked!

Bounce of the ball wrote:Its hardly comedy gold. Dale dug a hole. You guys can work out the rest.

Thank god this forum has critical thinkers such as yourself leading us to the edge :lol:
by Spargo
Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ MTO

Thought the game was even. We just had a bit more talent when needed and a coaching move in the 3rd quarter of bobby into the forward lines proved a winner. I will never underestimate the Dogs even when their results are not as previous seasons. They are a great club. Was chatting to a few doggy supporter in the cricket club. Great ambassadors to your club.
by goddy11
Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelgs new coach

Glad I came in a read what was going on, I thought they'd gone through* another one for a minute there.

Not yet.

Where are some glenelg posters gone. A bloke running for council who was quite abusive at games ? Didja only posted non footy stuff obviously .
Why don't you PM him - maybe get the facts.
by Spargo
Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Broadcasting

Managed to catch this game in full (only the 2nd TV game I've managed to see this year) and again found John Casey to be absolutely wonderful and his research, knowledge and professionalism definitely shines through and shows his respect for a competition that deserves it.
by scott
Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Power Reserves v Centrals

First time in my life I've liked Centrals
by Jimmy_041
Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Fair to say after standing in the outer, watching ordinary footy, wooden spoons and near misses for 32 years I am so emotional at the moment I can bearly string a sentence together. Yelled my head off and have no voice but winning today makes it all worth while. Got to share a grand final victory with my two sons which is indescribable.

I'm so proud of these lads and where they came from last season. Was not a fan of the Mickan appointment but he certainly has made me eat my words. Well done to Mark.

Cannot believe I can say "we are the premiers"
by Brodlach
Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Kept it short and simple just for you
by JK
Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

arcadefire wrote:
goddy11 wrote:urprised by Matt McDonough to North. Thought the Eagles would have locked him in. He might think he is more likely to get a game there.

All about the $$$$$$$$

Yep, none left in the salary cap at the eagles.
by rocketeer
Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Josh Glenn has signed at Willaston
And they offer from centrals Sanfl was a real nice offer,from the afl to the barrossa just like that..

More proof the SANFL has little relevance left
That's a bit of a stupid comment to tell the truth.
It has relevance if people who aspire to the highest level.
Can't help individuals that cannot be frucked.
by Computer Crashed
Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: financial projections

I think this is a case of the shoe being on the other foot, or "You're in MY world now!" type mentality.
Actually cracks me up how they keep the info to themselves but just want everyone to know that they know something. I too dream of the day I will know something others don't. :lol:
by therisingblues
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |