Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Port Adelaide Magpies are dead.
Port Adelaide Football Club is alive and after getting hand out after hand out now seem to be on the right track.

Anyway my mum who grew up with Alberton Oval has supported Port Magpies all her life until this decision was made. Her opinion is the name and colours say one thing but it's really the Port Power Reserves and given the decision the Power made which has ended the Magpies tradition.
So she has decided to follow Port Power in the AFL and will jump ship to Glenelg in the SANFL as a majority of the family follow Glenelg.

Some Magpies fans never supported the Power so I can understand why they would walk away as the Power have taken their side over and ruined the tradition for them.

Going to games will not have the same feel as you know you are going to watch a Reserves side and when you look at he number of Power and Crows players that could only make Reserves standard there is no way it's going to be the same.
by Tiger Couple
Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tasmania v South Australia - Shield

Abbott has decided to sit out of Grade Cricket as has MItchell Starc, but maybe this is so they are rested for the Shield game. Only time will tell.

Couldn't blame Cooper for taking a bit longer, going home every day and his mate not being there would be a big reminder and may take a little longer to get his head back into cricket.

It may be a lot easier to go out to Grade Cricket and play with Club mates around you as opposed to going out and playing in a team without the bloke.

Good luck to them and we are behind them all no matter what they decide to do.
by Tiger Couple
Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Pretty poor performance by Reynella in the B1 Results in todays paper. You may think that you have been hard done by but to go to the length of putting a Umpires name and 5/0 in the paper under the wicket takers is a disgrace and makes the club look like sore sports.

Wonder what ATCA will have to say about this as you would expect that this will not be tolerated.

Must admit I held Reynella in high regard, but maybe the are not the professional unit I thought given this total lack of respect shown to the Competition and the Umpire. No matter how bad it was a team should never sink to that level as now it has been in the paper you can never take that back.
by Tiger Couple
Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

With a free Saturday I went around the corner and had a look at Hackham v Reynella. Went expecting a belting and to be honest Hackham gave a pretty decent account of themselves. They had a crack all day and applied some good pressure, however once they turned it over Reynella would open them up with pace and quick ball movement and with the size Reynella have inside 50 it is going to stretch most defenses.

25 Goals to 6 Goals is clearly a big margin but Hackham would have matched Reynella for effort, it is just lack of skill and size that hurt.
by Tiger Couple
Sun May 31, 2015 12:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nick Murphy sacked

If you join the dots with what was on the News Updates tonight, I would suggest most Clubs would be steering clear for the moment.
by Tiger Couple
Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |