Search found 216 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Clubs should be left to rot and die out... That is the most moronic statement I have ever read about community football.. What type of a peanut says that shite... With no juniors & being surrounded by 3 of the bigger Junior club in the norther area what other options are available to the smaller clubs.. If you have the finances you spend them to make your club stronger.. Sure we did ok for a couple of years and then due to a number of reasons we went downhill. You can surmise why that is however you want and you can put your pathetic rants up here for everyone to see all you want. You can even have personal digs & post smart ass comments but at the end of the day we have 100+ blokes that want to play footy for our club, 20 of them are getting paid to do it which leaves 80+ doing it for the clu b & the guernsey.. Half of you mob are so easy to bait up it's like shooting fish in the pond. How about next time some of you see me at a game come up and tell me how much you hate us to my face and slag us off while your standing in front of me, then I might take some of what you are saying on board but until then keep running ya lips.. I know it's all half of ya are good at.. The stupid thing is if I were at your club and it was facing the same dilemma I would be doing everything within my power to change that as well.. After all nobody remembers who came last.. History only talks about the winners..

Another notch in the belt for Marbles..........don't fret and a pinch of salt Dicky...... :lol:

geeze tough times hundred players better go down a div
by marbles
Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

in 50 years time when someone does the history of StPauls FC will it be specifically stated that the club was established in 2015? dont think so

mawson lakes should simply break away, evolve as themselves, dump their unhappy wife (StPauls) and become the Mawson Lakes 2.0 - lone and self dependent
by marbles
Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

INGLE FARM FOOTBALL CLUB are seeking trial games on the weekends of March 21st/22nd & March 28th/29. Would prefer a div 5 club and a div 7 club but open to any offers. Our oval is unavailable due to cricket finals , however i will find a neutral ground if need be....Please contact Bill Collins 0407800512 if interested.

think this would warrant a weeks suspension for not posting trial game requests in footy chicks devoted state wide thread for trial game requests :o
by marbles
Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If salisbury west get a 1 team chance in div 7 will they be a threat to the houghton vs angle vale grand final? :)

They will be in C1 mate.
Not many clubs survive this fall. Worrisome times for Salisbury West if true.

Its a bit unfair to me. U other 1 teamers all got a year to float thru a season hanging by a thread with a back up fill in from another club to be your reserves

But chucking westies straight to c1 will wipe them off the map

No c grade side willing to be their reserves side each Saturday?
by marbles
Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Exactly what I said before finn. Why not put SW in with us?

well if what FC claims is true, the SAAFL have another death in the family with the Henley D-Grade their latest victim

ive been campaigning all along putting AGrade vs CGrades in the same division is a virus to the leagues participation rates and once again we "may" have another loss

Division 7 needs every chance to fill agraders "only" and salisbury west must be put in Div 7 to steer clear of fielding yet another cgrader in amoungst agraders
by marbles
Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

good to see the wristwatcher hitting the gym for the Goodlife 12 Week Challenge!!

IMG_20150220_141402.jpg
by marbles
Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:
marbles wrote:turn div 6 into the SFL 15 sides

Then there is still a bye :?

Well there's plenty of open fields now for everyone to hav a sooky as to why both the div 7 grand finalists are not in div 6 :)
by marbles
Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

too little too late for me...

# if North pines are calling for other players from other clubs to be fill ins, they might have looked impressive with J Lane up front but maybe its just pulled the wool over peoples eyes

# wingfield from my last visit to clearances havent had a single clearance listed, and theyre claiming to have 2 teams?

# making a 7 team Div 7r with 12 games now possibly 3 byes a week, is not what players who pay money to play really want from their money, and the likes of magoo morell would be seething at the idea of possibly a month off at a time throughout the season

# shifting salisbury west back up, IF they have 2 sides is only gonna mess with other div fixtures and then destroy social event plans already made by higher clubs
by marbles
Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mitchell Park up by a cutla against OSB Lonsdale over 6 quarters.

Was a good hit out played in good spirits.

It will be another tough year for OSB i suspect based on that result

it would be a tough year for any club whos oval is at the back of a high school and its clubrooms is a 20 metre long tin shed.
by marbles
Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Marbles, are you noting a common theme in interpreting a problem with Henley's internal policies (say playing your 3rd strongest side in D Grade, not rotating 25 players in your C Grade) as a problem in the League's rules?

Seems to work fine for everyone else

Completely incorrect. First your just taking pot shots at my club to stir the post with false assumptions.

There is 1 dgrader from last season in this years cgrade. At no point did we ever play our 3rd best side in the dgrade. That is a myth.

Secondly there is no rotational issue anywhere. I merely stating that with 25 blokes on a team up to 15 of those players will barely get to play 2 quarters in a match

I not asking for a rule change, and of course I'm aware we don't have to play 25

Its merely a discussion on the concept of playing 25 players and the consequence on the 15 effected individuals who spend most of the day on the bench.
by marbles
Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

Who would be your 7/8 A graders marbles? I think you are being very generous

firstly im a man like most coaches who has belief in his players, have you ever heard malthouse say anything good about any player?

Under a coach who'd wants nothing but the best for his players these boys would reach great heights...

# Judd
# Walker
# Henderson
# Gibbs
# Casbult
# Yarren
# Menzel
# Everitt
# Jamison
# Murphy - although is a shit captain

These boys would shine in any other team, for instance chuck the individual in the Hawthorn side

Under a regime, where the coach or coaches are drilling excellence these boys would flourish

at carlton, bad leaders, bad game structure, and all the players are half asleep, and not even $200,000 a year (average) is making them do their job
by marbles
Mon May 04, 2015 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

i thought last night was merely a early season examination for the crows, nothing to cry over

simply a chance to test their new game structures against a side whos been in top 4 for 2-3 years now

and the crows had the power in the palm of their hands second quarter

youre only 5 games into the phil walsh era, yesterday was a good insight to see where the crows need to improve
by marbles
Mon May 04, 2015 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PNU 2 wins from 3 are looking goods too for the div 1 new comers
by marbles
Sun May 03, 2015 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

my life is now complete ;)
by marbles
Fri May 08, 2015 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
marbles wrote:my life is now complete ;)

You got your super C grade? :D

nah mate we werent permitted to participate. henley denied affiliation to div 8
(i hereby however officially state i cannot further comment on your suggested discussions in such unrelated threads, yours sincerely, marbles)
by marbles
Fri May 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

yes but what a massive achievement in a players career :)
by marbles
Fri May 08, 2015 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The poor kid just wants his 2 goals back which were blatantly stolen from him Saturday afternoon at MP oval at approximately 12:45pm

If anyone knows the where abouts of these 2 goals or has any information in relation to the incident please call crimestoppers immediately.
by marbles
Mon May 11, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go panthers!!! :) :p

by marbles
Mon May 11, 2015 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:What happened to the team of the week??

the abuse was unbearable
by marbles
Fri May 15, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BZB27 wrote:
morell wrote:Silly question, have we confirmed what the finals system will be this year?

Its top 4 mate.

its a top 8 finals system like the afl, but with a bye
by marbles
Tue May 19, 2015 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

if i went on social media and had a massive vent at the local traffic lights that cost me $409 for red light camera...

do i and all the members of my family each lose demerit points for my poor conduct on social media?

edit: massive :)
by marbles
Thu May 21, 2015 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

it should be a 'rolling' team of the year... not week

add up the 5,4,3,2,1 each week to have a leader board

and yeah yeah i know the coaches dont publicly tell who they really think was the best player so blah blah to that
by marbles
Thu May 21, 2015 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

"ive got great belief in this group, and i wont lose that, i will never lose that"

#kenhinkley
by marbles
Mon May 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

mick is holding the board to ransom, sack me or i will stick around and allow shit to get worse

$$$$$$$$ show me the money $$$$$$$$
by marbles
Tue May 26, 2015 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by marbles
Sat May 30, 2015 12:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

looking at the 2013 div 7 season we can remember smithfield were expelled from round 16 onwards for their antics in round 15 at Flinders Park

and the last time they actually ever lost a game was round 12, 2013 to angle vale (who were the eventual runner up in GF)

ingle farm (eventual premier) defeated smithfield in round 8 also, in what was a lovely controversial night game out at smithfield oval

before being expelled from the comp, it seemed smithies were well on their way as a contender for the div 7 flag and would lock horns with the farmers once again come finals time with the notion of half of adelaide's police force likely in attendance

instead their season was cut short, and the farmers went on to win the div 7 flag, moving up to div 6 last season

smithfield would be granted re-affiliation to div 7 the following year & smashed every team in sight in 2014 being way too good in an undefeated div 7 premiership

but now this week in 2015 the two meet shall again... :)
by marbles
Sun May 31, 2015 12:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I guess we'll just have to play the game on Saturday to find out!
It seems the henley formline is more reliable than the ROCS formline.

yea ROCs stay alive with an interesting win today

PNU put another big gun away, they really must be playing terrific footy out there (even without dow)

sharks looked to have had goodwood all day, but scores say the saints had 8 scoring shots to henley 1 point :?

Portland! their first div 1 win ever??
Portland were in Div 1 last year Marbles, they won 7 games in 2014.

ok cheers, good win for them today to get their first notch on the belt for 2015, dont hear much from the thunder chunder posters on here anymore :(
by marbles
Sun May 31, 2015 12:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Feenix wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:I see no result from north pines vs angle vale up yet anyone know the score

23 31 to 0 4
Close to that.

How ridiculous, feel sorry for the b graders getting smashed by an A grade side.

Yep I've had enough of this, think its time for a b-grade super league!!!!
by marbles
Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Beefy wrote:They need to come out of their shells

they keeping going sideways
by marbles
Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Normal transmission has resumed

Spargo wrote:As will Cooney a bulldog, Chapman a cat, Gwilt ( :lol: ) a saint and Mckernan a .....

Hack
by marbles
Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

Will be interesting to see how many quality players move to a Victorian club, and the overall effect it has on football across the state.
Yep, have to laugh at these people who think all the players will flood back to the SAAFL

Yerr right they're all gonna pack up their Adelaide homes and move to victoria where they know nobody but might make 300 extra week, rather than just driving down the street to their local club for a kick n catch in the saafl

#glorifiedamateurs
by marbles
Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hahah, we're well short of playing Yank Man and Q. is an out and out star. Looking forward to seeing the slap head have a kick actually.

We know where we at and that Houghton are the team to beat this year. Will take a monumental effort to get the chocolates this week.

I'm a natural pessimist though, so who knows!

go easy on Q he'll be a bit out of shape

http://facefatburntnn.nazuka.net/images/grstvw056.jpg
by marbles
Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Assocation Medals

wes legrand for me
by marbles
Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C1 - season 2015

strange sign and not a good sign considering it was their home game with the A's B's Cs trifecta on all day

not their first forfeit this year?

I think it was their first forfeit talking to the coach after the game. Apparently they always struggle at this time of the year.

They tried to make up for it, by starting the 2nd quarter with 19 on the field. A count was held and proved to be correct, but the umps had no idea what to do so nothing was done about it. Not that it mattered in the scheme of things.

With plenty of fill-ins the SPOC boys tried hard all day but didn't look to interested in the last quarter given the wet cold muddy conditions and score line. Good luck to them for the rest of the year,

Ski Season? :lol:

How dare someone do a head count

Mind u it would take 30 men on the field to beat the all mighty athelstone :P
by marbles
Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C1 - season 2015

Nah we would hope to stick with them for at least a quarter but they are far too superior for this division they wont lose another game all year
Thinking Goodwood and Uni will be thinking differently. The competition has improved again on last year.

Goodwood and uni are no chance either, athelstone are the best side I've seen since the Brisbane lions 3 premierships side
by marbles
Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 stuff

Brodlach wrote:What players are the bombers missing ATM other than Watson?

Salmon, Long, Lloyd, Lucus
by marbles
Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

is your club losing revenue

Whilst i wait for my dominos pizza, i am still strongly of the belief that the fact foxsportspulse best players are released online hours before your clubs presentation night at 7pm is causing a massive dent in the amount of foot traffic that comes to your club that night because rather than making an effort to come matxh presentation, a player can get home sit on the couch 4pm spend 30 seconds looking on internet and then decide nah cant be bothered going to presos didnt get in best players, just gonna stay home

Whereas if best players were not made available until say after 8pm i am certain the foot traffic to your clubs presos will increase rapidly due to the mystery & curiousness of eaxh player, hence bringing the revenue with them
by marbles
Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Assocation Medals

Zartan wrote:
Harry49 wrote:What's the point in it then? Wouldn't they want to try and make some money off the event!?

Who's your source marbles?

He's trying to make a point in regards to his Sportingpulse/club preso argument :lol:

TEAM: Together Everybody Achieves More
by marbles
Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wow if mitchell park win this week theyre in the Granny!!! carn u lions!!
by marbles
Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

its a grand final the season results dont mean shit now

22 vs 22 men i say mitchell park by 11 points :)
by marbles
Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:its a grand final the season results dont mean shit now

22 vs 22 men i say mitchell park by 11 points :)

hmm almost :D congrats MP
by marbles
Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

go homey go!!

Payneham Oval.jpg
by marbles
Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah people that cry after grand finals. Pansies. Even worse are the ones that shed a tear and didn't even play. :oops:
One of the hardest things to deal with I think is seeing people you care about cry - regardless of the circumstances.. there were tears shed from the younger kids after we lost last week, and even more tears shed from those who were unable to play due to injury.. Extremely difficult to hold it together at those moments. :(

But at least it shows they care.. at least it shows it means something to them - whether good or bad.

ur a nob morrell, high horse syndrome, got lucky and now your bloating, blow ur trumpet somewhere else

would love to have seen the dribble youd been posting if you had lost, especially when 9 out of 10 times you would have

what next, a march down king william st?

#nurseryDivPremiership
by marbles
Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:Wow that's a bit harsh :shock:

calling people that shed tears as pansies after theyve spent there livelihoods to get there, possibly never reached a grand final in their lifetime, the guys got issues
by marbles
Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

Menzel is obviously the crows version of chad wingard

Betts and menzel 2 great students of the carlton academy of football excellence :D
by marbles
Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1....Finally It Is Here

Turbo wrote:
marbles wrote:.

Well said..

was straight to the point

whats with ports old Guernseys am expecting Darren Mead to clunk one off half back :D

saints are on a rebuild yea? this is their 3rd season into it? richos 3rd season as coach?

no dixon into the ruck yet? lobbe getting smashed
by marbles
Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Digital AFL access

RustyCage wrote:Pub without Fox? What terrible pub is that?

Its about $2000 a month for a hotel to have foxtel (over $20,000 per year)

Households $150 a month :D
by marbles
Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - discussion

We're the crows! We're flying high!
by marbles
Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |