Search found 136 matches

Return

Re: Reserves - PAFC accepts invite from SA Football Commissi

I may have missed it earlier but why arnt the Power paying 50K to each SANFL club to enter a team in the SANFL?

The Corporation are paying a License Fee to join the competition. Port Adelaide are already part of that competition and are handing back a substantial junior development fee, which is more than enough.

It seems to me that alot of confusion would be cleared up if the SANFL exercised its right to expel the Magpies from the SANFL and invited the Power to join.
Could also then charge them 400k each year for the honour.
by daysofourlives
Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach - Ben Warren appointed

I'd assumed "Dugga" Warren was derived from Warren, and the idea of having dug a warren as rabbits do.
Parallels exist with the origins of nicknames like "Badger" in the UK and "Wombat" here (relating to what they eat)...
by Psyber
Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Agreed . state league is what we are .... and the best state league is what we should strive to be (not 2nd best comp to the AFL).

I much prefer the Crows (SANFL) being referred to their state league rather than reserves team.

As for Sanfulll ... I also agree but alas one of the highest ranking SANFL official's says it all the time so it's hard to tell others they are wrong.
by PhilH
Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

The SANFL stood up to Port? :shock:
by Pseudo
Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ten axes Before The Game

Jim05 wrote:
dedja wrote:What took them so long?

Exactly, was a terrible show.
Have never found any of those clowns even slightly amusing

Far more entertaining than The Footy Show and seeing I dont have Fox, it was one of the FTA shows I didn't mind.
by Booney
Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

SDK wrote:I think we should blame global warming on Norwood too.

Yeah, good angle - now you sound like a paps/pams supporter.
by Spargo
Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott Watch

Why should people with the cash get here when other more worse off refugees have to wait in camps because of the cue jumpers.
Stupid post!

firstly, if you are going to call someone stupid, at least make sure you can spell queue.

when you say "afford" to get here, most of them literally spend their whole family's life savings to get one family member out here, and then hope to bring the rest out when they save up enough money. this is how desperate they are.

and im not sure about you, but if i had a shot at not living in a refugee camp, i would do whatever i could.

there was a show on SBS called go back to where you came from, i encourage you to watch it. they depicted a sudanese lady who was in a refugee camp in kenya, where they literally slept on the floor under a tarp. no clean water. they got rice once a day, but quite often the gangs of men would come and steal it from her just after she got it. her and both her daughters had been repeatedly raped. if i remember correctly she now had HIV.

but yet you are telling me she should sit there and politely wait her turn? put yourself in her shoes for a second. what do you think you would do? would you sit there and be like fk me, i better wait my turn? of course not, you are going to do everything you can to get to safety.

and before you say well you could catch a plane here, well thats more problematic than you think too. if you are being persecuted in your own country, you cant exactly rock up at the airport with all of your id cards etc, you are basically waving a massive sign saying come and kill me!

so thats why these people travel overland from places like afghanistan, to pakistan, india, malaysia, indonesia.

the problem then is, none of those countries are signatories to the UN refugee convention, which means if they are caught they can be deported straight away. so you cant jump on a plane at any of these countries either.

so what are you left with? paying some people smuggler your whole life savings for one shot at a country that will have you. but lol, jokes on them, we send them off to squalid conditions in papua new guinea never to set foot in australia.

and before you say well there is plenty of other countries they can go to, well yes thats also true. but do a bit of googling and you can find places like turkey, jordan and greece are straining massively with the problem of refugees.

i read somewhere (ill have to find it) that the official population of greece is 10 million or so, and they have 1 MILLION refugees or other illegal residents. now that is a problem. a few thousand arrivals into one of the richest countries in the world is almost a non issue, unless you want to politicise it for your own gain, which is what abbott did with his "stop the boats" mantra which appealed to the lowest common denominator in australia, white racist bogans who believe they own the country and forgot that them, or one of their previous generations also came here, a lot of them in similar circumstances.
by bennymacca
Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

The Magpies died the day their number 1 priority become developing players for another league rather than winning a premiership in the league they play in

End of story

If magpies died then how are they playing this year? again another post where the facts are left out.

Just like a Asian lady boy on the outside they appear to be the magpies but once you pull the pants down you get the shock horror of them being the Port Power reserves.
by whufc
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

I think Kickinit is fully aware its a reserves team, I think he's just fishing to annoy people...

Like I said earlier in the thread, the majority of us and I think the football public will see the Magpies as dead and this new team as nothing more than a Power Reserves team in someone elses guernsey, but for a select few PAFC supporters, they'll still think/hope/believe/deceive themselves, that its still the same old Magpies that dominated the SANFL.

Just leave them to it I reckon... if he's happy, he's happy, if it all works out for the league, kudos to those in charge... if not, well it was good while it lasted I suppose and at least we have the memories of a league with integrity and colour and passion.

There's plenty of other leagues and sports we can all support if this one doesn't work out like we hope.
by csbowes
Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours / Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Wonder if/when port will sign Krakouer for "$400 a game" surely the league should be looking into there signings for this year, pretty obvious that some are worth more then the allowed amount.
by Tech1
Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port (Power Reserves) 2014

On paper that side should finish top. Don't agree with the Summerton decision to let him play for them this year and surprised clubs haven't kicked up a fuss about this and some of there other signings. Can see the Crows being about middle of the table but with the concessions given to Port i'd be surprised if they're not top 3 at the least. Question, can the "$400 a game", not age limit on signing players and the academy (reserves) team be changed next year or is it locked in for a certain amount of years unlike the Crows deal which can be changed year to year depending on how strong or weak they are?
by Tech1
Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port (Power Reserves) 2014

On paper that side should finish top. Don't agree with the Summerton decision to let him play for them this year and surprised clubs haven't kicked up a fuss about this and some of there other signings. Can see the Crows being about middle of the table but with the concessions given to Port i'd be surprised if they're not top 3 at the least. Question, can the "$400 a game", not age limit on signing players and the academy (reserves) team be changed next year or is it locked in for a certain amount of years unlike the Crows deal which can be changed year to year depending on how strong or weak they are?

what are you talking about? The rule is they are allowed 15 top up players , 1 can be a leadership players which has to be over 28. Only the leadership player can be paid over $400 a game. Port asked if Sommerton (25) could be used as there leadership player, to which the SANFL said no. Henry Slattery will be port's leadership player. Port haven't broken any of the rules set out by the SANFL directors, so how can they kick up a fuss?

Really? So Summerton is playing for $400 a game is he ? oh that's right you back ended the contract, yup you didn't break the rules but i still don't think he's just getting 400 a game this year. I suppose Motlop, Krakouer and to a lesser extent Raikiwasa are also going to be paid $400 a game? Give me a break.
by Tech1
Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Licenses sold- anchors away.

The issue is why were they sold ? Who pushed this and why did the SANFL not hold firm and demand a lot more.
Great for SANFL as we now don't have to bail out Port and can beat the sh1t out of them as we have no vested interest like before. :D

The Power and Crows have kept the SANFL competition afloat and will continue to do so even with the licenses sold back to the clubs- The SANFL will leech money from the AFL clubs under the AO stadium deal same as they did at AAMI.

not much changes for the SANFL under the new arrangement
by frogcake
Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Their upcoming schedule:

Round 1 Norwood v Port Magpies Norwood Thurs Apr 3 7.20pm
Round 2 Central District v Norwood (Elizabeth) Sat Apr 12 12.10pm
Round 3 South Adelaide v Glenelg (Noarlunga) Fri Apr 18 3.10pm
Round 4 Norwood v North Adelaide (Adelaide) Fri Apr 25 3.20pm
Round 5 Adelaide v Port Magpies (Clare) Sun May 4 2.10pm

Adelaide also has TV games in Round 9, 11, 13 and 14 week 2 making it five for the H&A season instead of the high number once feared.

What an absolute joke the Good Friday game has to move its start time to suit channel 7. There is no AFL on that day so why did it needed to be moved time?

Be interesting to see if this affects the crowd but I thought the twilight time slot was a winner!!!!
by Panther Pack
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

This day was always going to happen. Now its here let rip all you knockers, get it off your chest. Your time has come.

bear in mind its the other way with the crowettes
Well that just sums up what a farce the comp has become.
8 clubs with one set of rules
1 club with another set
And Port with a different set than the others

You think a comp where, due to the rules 1 side will get smashed every week but another side that has a different set of rules could end up winning by 100 points every week, isn't a farce.

I can't think of any other sporting comp anywhere where all the teams playing in it don't play by the same rules.

Still, you seem comfortable with that
by johntheclaret
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

The outrage at News Ltd is deafening...
by Q.
Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

After going out to Alberton on Saturday and seeing what the all the fuss is about myself I walked out thinking "that is truly the death of the SANFL".

It is a complete farcical competition now and the SANFL bigwigs with the other SANFL clubs that voted YES for this mess should hang their heads in shame!

It is an absolute disgrace!
by southee
Mon May 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 State Game - SANFL v VFL @ Port Melbourne (Sat 31/5

I wonder which state reps Godden will coax to the Eagles next season?

Any good ones from Glenelg in there? Any one from Glenelg in there?

For those whinging about everything - that guernsey has been used for State representative sides for over 40 years, including Amateur League.

I haven't been a huge fan of the concept in the past, but the commitment from the players to this guernsey has always been of the highest standard and it is a reward for the players who put in huge efforts week in week out and I enjoy watching this game now. Considering the big names our competition has lost in the past few years, it is a good effort to still put out a quality team that has beaten all the other State Leagues.

That group of players and coaching staff did SA proud yesterday. Well done to them.
by Aerie
Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

As for the constant Magpies no longer exist rubbish I see running through this laughable thread, you people remind me of climate change deniers. The truth stares you in the face, but you all still scream it's not real it's not real! Magpies in the SANFL, Power in the AFL, it's actually not real hard! Whether they're called the Magpies or wear the prison bars is fairly trivial, but the change from being a sovereign club for the last 137 seasons to a reserves teams is the reason why we maintain that the Magpies are, in substance, dead. It's actually not real hard.
by RB
Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sturt taking the piss?

LPH wrote:Perhaps they could adopt this logo next year, modified with a fist stabbing a lightning bolt through the heart of the Magpie?

The fist should be embedded up the arse of the magpie, like a glove puppet. That's what the Magpies are now.
by Pseudo
Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

That's the thing with all this I don't like it but all the SANFL clubs know how much they were bleeding money (according to Rucci, living beyond their means he called it) the Crows came dangling a carrot and in their wisdom the SANFL clubs decided to take it.

Only one club in sa living above their means for years sucking $12.5 mill out of SANFL .

And It wasn't a SANFL club.

Btw SANFL inc is debt free could easily help 8 clubs out of any future financially difficulties and it wouldn't cost $12 mill . And it wouldn't be a band aid solution just to keep creditors away for the time being.

Plus the sale of AAMI stadium in the next 2-5 years. SANFL financially is fine now we have got rid of our financial burden.
by UK Fan
Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Norwood v South @ Coopers Stadium (Fri N 18/7

That first quarter was diabolical!!! Can't give a team and 8 goal lead an expect to reel them in? What started as a season of promise is fading into just another failure!!! Our forward line needed Rolfe and Bass badly! Let's hope they will be back in there real soon as our season is pretty well blown now!,

Why would Eddy continually lead into the pocket 50metres out time and time again, and still fail to mark one!! A lot of dumb footy played tonight!! Hard to watch!!
by panthers 2008
Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: round 18 South vs Sturt 2014

South Adelaide Panthers: Pure Minor Premiers 2014.

Congratulations Panthers. The best-performed of the Real Teams in matches between Real Teams.

What a shame that the official ladder, contaminated with results featuring AFL garbage, does not provide just reward for the Panthers' stellar season.
by Pseudo
Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

I reckon it's been a great, close season. The 18 round season has been good, but most importantly my team hasn't been impacted by a heap of players not even from my club. Seamus has been able to choose his side each week on his own terms. You can bitch and moan about how it's an unpure competition but it was that way since 1991.

Ask a Panther supporter whether they've hated this year. I doubt it!

The sky didn't fall in guys...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon it's been a great, close season. The 18 round season has been good, but most importantly my team hasn't been impacted by a heap of players not even from my club. Seamus has been able to choose his side each week on his own terms. You can bitch and moan about how it's an unpure competition but it was that way since 1991.

Ask a Panther supporter whether they've hated this year. I doubt it!

The sky didn't fall in guys...

Would hate it if we made the Grand Final and Power reserves won.............then the sky would fall in !!! :evil:
by southee
Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's smoke and mirrors...... the knobs have sucked us in with this Gayfl rubbish and having Port Power hide behind the famous prison bars has as much reality to it as a Miley Cyrus Showbag :oops:
But check out the mega spin with a traditional GF featuring the Power Vs tradition Norwood/ Sturt .......
It's the prison bars giving this Joke legitimacy.
No finals for practice match Hero's who cream themselves over playing at the MCG in September, it's not your comp fork off :Hangman:
by holden78
Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magpies - Rules for Selection Eligibility in SANFL finals

Rising Power wrote:Here's an idea. Howabout the opposition coach selects Port's team for them? Better take that one to the next SANFL committee meeting.

Nah, just kicking you out of the comp would be far easier.
by Jim05
Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

I expect Norwood will get a footy lesson today.

With the Power A's out the Power Ressies don't have to worry about getting injured or reported to be able to play next week in the AFL GF.

Most Power Ressies will also want to impress the powers that be so they don't get delisted

Power Ressies by 60+

RIP SANFL
But they do have to worry about reports or injuries, they cant afford to miss the first few games next year suspended and the ones being delisted wont find a new home if they are badly injured.
Win, lose or draw I hope we take a few of the AFL guys down with us. Hoping to see some filthy king hits today
by Jim05
Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Reckon we are in a bit of strife, will take a fair bit of guts from here

We seem to showing a lot at the moment. If we hang on it could be our greatest premiership.

regards,

REB

Easy REB, were you not around in '78, '84?

78 & 84 were played on a level playing field, this year is not

Pros v Ammos

Would have to be Norwood's greatest GF win, if they hang on and win
by grant j
Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

The SANFL is not dead, 38K to the GF is healthy and the GF was a good spectacle.

The issue for me is that the 10 teams are not playing on equal terms. Port and the Crows operate under different conditions (and this year to each other) to the 8 SANFL clubs.

Unfortunately, the AFL teams requirements for a reserves side and maximising the selection of AFL listed players, and the ideals of the SANFL to have an equal and fair competition are impossible to achieve together.

Add in the presumption of the SANFL and the clubs that voted for the inclusion of the AFL that the participation of the AFL clubs in the SANFL is required to maintain sponsorship, media and spectator exposure. This is the killer for me. Without this presumption, then we could have just included the AFL reserves sides in the SANFL reserves and I wouldn't care less whether the competition was compromised or was won each year by an AFL club.

Unfortunately, now that the AFL clubs are in the SANFl, they're not going away in a hurry.

Perversely, one could somewhat justifiably mount an argument that the inclusion of the AFL sides this year has either been a resounding success or somewhat a failure, depending on what lens you are looking through.

My 2c is that the SANFL and the 8 SANFL clubs each should state what they consider the consider to be the KPIs and success factors for the competition and their individual clubs, because at the moment most of us aren't sure what they are. Due to this, we all seem to be guessing what defines success, and this breeds conspiracy theories, personal prejudices, not wanted to concede that the world has changed, etc.

Also, whilst I don't like what has happened to the SANFL in 2014, I don't think taking it out on the supporters of the AFL teams is good for anyone. In particular, the Port Magpies supporters who must feel somewhat wedged between their tradition and the new world (note that collective terms such as wharfie, scum, etc are acceptable if used in a generic sense). Conversely, it does no good if the same supporters gloat about everyone else catching up when they themselves didn't do any hard yards to obtain their unfair advantage, or even acknowledging that they have an unfair advantage, which isn't diluted if they don't happen to win the flag.

You can't really blame the administration of the AFL teams either. Their concern is about the welfare of their clubs, which is exactly what the SANFL clubs should be doing.

I also believe you can't blame the SANFL clubs themselves. By this I don't mean the Presidents who voted on the AFL proposal, but the CEOs, office administrators, volunteers and players. This is why I increased my involvement and financial contribution to my club, because the need for assistance is currently at its greatest.

I know there are a few that have decided to decrease or withdraw their involvement, support and financial contribution to their club and that is their right to do so, but t pains me to see this occurring.

The responsibility for the inclusion of the the AFL teams in the SANFL falls squarely on the SANFL commission and SANFL Directors. They had the power to not only decide whether it happened at all, but the terms and conditions on any acceptance. It is the duty of all to discuss and try to influence our Presidents to ensure that we not only are appropriately informed, but are seen to be appropriately informed. I know there are those that will say that they tried this before to no avail, but ultimately the club's members have control if the constitutional tools are used correctly and effectively. If you strongly disagree with the decisions of your President (and therefore your Board), then vote them out.

Regardless of which side of the argument one may sit, there can be not doubt that everyone isn't a winner and there are opportunities to improve the situation.

What is now required is a clear strategy to manage the SANFL competition so that the competition thrives within an even and competitive environment.

This is where I struggle the most because for the moment, I can't see the forest for the trees for that strategy.
by dedja
Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Football Video Archive

It has been a while. But latest updates to archive are below!
New Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/safootballvideoarchive/

1974 Champions of Australia Richmond 27.11.173 d Sturt 13.17.95

1976 Grand Final highlights and outtakes Sturt 17.14 (116) d Port Adelaide 10.15 (75)

1979 Round 16 Central 12.13.85 d Norwood 12.11.83
1979 Round 18 Central 18.25.133 d Port 11.13.79
1979 Preliminary Final South 19.11.125 d Central 16.16.112

1980 Round 7 Central 17.16.118 d Sturt 18.8.116
1980 Round 11 Central 14.14.98 d South 11.13.79

1981 Round 12 Central 26.21.177 d Norwood 11.9.75

1982 Round 4 West 18.12.120 d Norwood 17.10.112
1982 Round 10 Norwood 22.8.140 d Glenelg 17.16.118
1982 Round 11 Port 11.12.78 d Norwood 8.8.56
1982 Round 12 South 11.7.73 d Norwood 8.12.60
1982 Round 13 Norwood 24.14.158 d West 17.15.117
1982 Round 15 Norwood 13.11.89 d Central 13.15.87
1982 Round 17 Norwood 26.12.168 d Sturt 16.12.108
1982 Round 18 Norwood 31.16.202 d Woodville 13.11.89 (Roberts 11 goals)
1982 Round 20 Norwood 22 12 144 d South 11 19 85
1982 Round 21 Norwood 28.17.185 d Port 10.13.73
1982 Round 22 Norwood 25.11.161 d West 10.21.81

1983 Escort Cup West Torrens defeat Norwood
1983 Sterling Cup Round 1 Norwood 14.9.93 d Footscray 11.11.77
1983 Sterling Cup Richmond 18.13.121 d Norwood 10.6.66
1983 Round 2 Norwood 17.6.108 d Port 15.11.101
1983 Round 15 West 15.15.105 d Port 15.14.104
1983 Round 15 Norwood 18.9.117 d North 7.8.50

1984 Round 6 Football Park Sturt 26.10.166 d Torrens 13.18.96
1984 Round 21 Port 19.12.126 d Sturt 10.10.70
1984 Norwood History Makers

1985 Round 1 Escort Cup Port 8.16.64 d Norwood 9.8.62
1985 Escort Cup Consolation Final Glenelg 19.9.125 d Port 8.10.58

1986 Escort Cup Glenelg 12.7.79 d Sturt 11.12.78
1986 Round 11 Glenelg 13.14.92 d Port 12.11.83
1986 Foster's Cup 2nd Quarter Final North Adelaide 8.19.67 d Collingwood 9.5.59

1987 Escort Cup Round 1 Woodville 17.10.112 d Sturt 10.11.71
1987 Escort Cup Round 1 Port 11.13.79 d Norwood 9.5.59
1987 Round 8 Woodville 15.25.115 d South 10.10.70

1988 Round 17 Norwood 15.16.108 d Central 15.2.92
1988 Round 20 Norwood 20.16.138 d Sturt 10.17.77
1988 Qualifying Final Norwood 15.10.100 d Central 8.13.61

1989 Foundation Cup Round 1 North 20.15.135 d Central 4.11.35
1989 Foundation Cup Round 1 Glenelg 15.15.105 d West 10.13.73
1989 Foundation Cup Round 1 Norwood 9.11.65 d Woodville 8.7.55
1989 Foundation Cup Round 1 Port 15.18.108 d South 12.5.77
1989 Foundation Cup Round 2 Port 9.11.65 d Norwood 5.15.45
1989 Foundation Cup Round 2 Glenelg 15.8.98 d South 7.11.53
1989 Foundation Cup Round 2 Central 17.11.113 d Torrens 7.9.51
1989 Foundation Cup Round 2 Sturt 13.12.90 d Woodville 10.12.72
1989 Foundation Cup Round 3 Central 10.8.68 d Sturt 7.12.54
1989 Foundation Cup Round 3 Torrens 13.5.83 d Norwood 3.10.28
1989 Foundation Cup Round 3 Glenelg 12.9.81 d North 7.14.56
1989 Foundation Cup Round 3 Norwood 14.5.89 d North 9.7.61
1989 Foundation Cup Round 3 Port 14.14.98 d West 11.7.73
1989 Foundation Cup Round 3 South 13.11.89 d West 8.9.57
1989 Foundation Cup Round 4 Port 12.7.79 d North 9.13.67
1989 Foundation Cup Round 4 Glenelg 10.14.74 d Sturt 5.8.38
1989 Foundation Cup Round 5 Torrens 12.11.83 d West 7.14.56
1989 Foundation Cup Round 5 North 9.15.69 d South 8.12.60
1989 Foundation Cup Round 5 Norwood 11.16.82 d Sturt 11.11.77
1989 Round 2 Norwood 20.15.135 d Sturt 8.12.60
1989 Round 5 Woodville 12.11.83 d Glenelg 6.13.49
1989 Round 9 Central 15.10.100 d West 12.19.91
1989 Round 12 Norwood 22.9.141 d Central 10.9.69
1989 Round 15 Norwood 7.4.46 d Torrens 2.9.21
1989 Round 16 Norwood 17.8.110 d Woodville 15.9.99
1989 Round 17 Norwood 15.7.97 d North 8.13.61
1989 Round 19 Norwood 15.12.102 d Glenelg 6.15.51
1989 Round 21 Norwood 18.11.119 d Central 13.10.88

1990 Foundation Cup Round 1 Glenelg 13.15.93 d West 12.10.82
1990 Foundation Cup Round 1 Sturt 15.15.105 d Central 9.9.63
1990 Foundation Cup Round 1 Woodville 15.3.93 d Torrens 11.7.73
1990 Foundation Cup Round 2 Sturt 18.10.118 d Woodville 11.9.75
1990 Foundation Cup Round 2 Port 14.14.98 d Glenelg 12.6.78
1990 Foundation Cup Round 2 Torrens 10.17.77 d North 5.6.36
1990 Foundation Cup Round 3 West Adelaide 12.6.78 d Norwood 10.10.70
1990 Foundation Cup Round 3 Glenelg 12.9.81 d Torrens 6.10.46
1990 Foundation Cup Round 4 Woodville 13.8.86 d North 6.9.45
1990 Foundation Cup Round 4 South 11.11.77 d Sturt 10.10.70
1989 Foundation Cup Round 5 Central 9.14.68 d Woodville 6.9.45
1990 Foundation Cup Round 5 Glenelg 13.12.90 d South 9.8.62
1990 Foundation Cup Round 5 Norwood 10.15.75 d Port 9.6.60
1990 Foundation Cup Round 5 North 8.15.63 d Central 6.8.44
1990 Foundation Cup Round 5 Glenelg 13.12.90 d South 9.8.62
1990 Round 2 North 15.13.103 d Central 10.8.68
1990 Round 4 Woodville 22.13.145 d West 10.14.74
1990 Round 5 Norwood 19.16.131 d Sturt 13.10.88
1990 Round 6 South 16.12.108 d Torrens 7.16.58
1990 Round 6 Norwood 16.8.104 d Glenelg 13.7.85
1990 Round 8 Norwood 23.14.152 d Torrens 4.6.30
1990 Round 12 Port 21.15.141 d Glenelg 18.13.121

1991 Foundation Cup Round 1 North 14.11.95 d Sturt 7.11.53
1991 Foundation Cup Round 1 Norwood 13.6.84 d Central 7.10.52
1991 Foundation Cup Round 2 Norwood 11.7.73 d West 9.8.62
1991 Foundation Cup Round 2 South 17.8.110 d Eagles 9.14.68
1991 Foundation Cup Round 4 North 6.9.45 d South 6.8.44
1991 Foundation Cup Round 4 West 14.16.100 d Glenelg 14.11.95
1991 Foundation Cup Round 4 Central 11.9.75 d North 5.11.41
1991 Foundation Cup Round 5 Port d North
1991 Foundation Cup Round 5 Eagles d Centrals
1991 Foundation Cup Round 5 Norwood 12.13.85 d Sturt 7.5.47
1991 Foundation Cup Glenelg 16.15.111 d Port 8.11.59
1991 Foundation Cup Glenelg 10.12.72 d Eagles 8.8.56
1991 Foundation Cup Grand Final South 17.20.122 d Norwood 9.6.60
1991 Round 2 Port 18.11.119 d Sturt 13.11.89
1991 Round 16 Glenelg 16.15.111 d Central 16.9.105
1991 Round 22 Port 14.18.102 d Sturt 12.15.87

1992 Foundation Cup Round 1 Glenelg 11.7.73 d Port 10.9.69

1993 Foundation Cup Round 1 Eagles 21.7.133 d Norwood 3.10.28
1993 Foundation Cup Round 1 Port 16.10.106 d Central 9.9.63
1993 Foundation Cup Grand Final Eagles 13.13.91 d Port 10.5.65
1993 Preliminary Final Norwood 20.17.137 d Port 16.14.110

1994 Foundation Cup Grand Final Glenelg 13.18.196 d Norwood 13.16.94

1996 Qualifying Final Port 10.18.78 d Norwood 9.11.65
by bays2011
Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Port supporters questioning financial handouts & 'helping hands' given to other Clubs?
Interesting...
by LPH
Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Schedule

So South have lost Good Friday to the Bays. Thanks a ******* lot.....we were the ones who took it on, shit like this pisses me
by westcoastpanther
Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Beyond a joke this club. Threatening boycotting games if they don't get penalties backdated to Sept 2014 (why???) is the last straw.
What a load of crap. Firstly it is the players not the club who are driving this boycott scenerio. Secondly ive explained why a few posts above but ill explain again for you. If players are found guilty any punishment is backdated to our last game which was the finals loss to North but if the players play NAB cup then that could become their last game and thats when the penalty starts. The players want a definitive answer on the rules and I believe they are meeting with ASADA on Wednesday to go over it. If the players cant get assurances that playing the NAB games wont harm or alter the penalty then they will not play in it

Firstly, if you think it's the players driving the boycott you are delusional

Secondly, it does not make sense to backdate a punishment to September when they have not been penalised since September. Have they been banned from pre-season training? Camps? The club? No.

It's a joke.
by MW
Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

After only brushing through this quickly I've no idea if this was an April Fools joke or not. The sad thing is that if this was true it's now probably the accepted norm of what SANFL footy has become not the exception or stupid April Fools joke.
by CUTTERMAN
Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 free-kick

No AFL last weekend at all, the Cricket World Cup Final on Sunday.

Surely Friday night, Saturday ( *3 ) and Saturday night would have been an ideal way to showcase the SANFL and kick the season off?!?!?!

The SANFL programming has been shit for years now.
by Booney
Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

I think Rucci needs to look over his shoulder as the Valley of darkness is creeping in on him!

enjoy your write ups!
by mighty_tiger_79
Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3- Port v North Saturday, 12.10

DOC wrote:Port by 15 goals, Should not lose a game all year.

Power reserves will lose a few games . Just to fool the other sanfl supporters to show us they are "on a level playing field" and "see it can be done" attitude ! :roll:
by southee
Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:Didn't think Port were allowed players that had been on another state teams list within two seasons .. Regardless, hope Luke Wilson goes alright.

There is no rules anymore.
by sjt
Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sjt wrote:
JK wrote:Didn't think Port were allowed players that had been on another state teams list within two seasons .. Regardless, hope Luke Wilson goes alright.

There is no rules for port power reserves anymore.

Edited for accuracy.

They also added a player that was on an AFL list last year too.
by Tech1
Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Yep, the sanfl's prestige took a huge blow accepting those two bastard children. This site is dead now, interest at games is like amateur comp or worse at times.
2013 marked the beginning of the rot. With the power openly flaunting the rules, everyone who didn't have their head up their arse knew where things were headed and interest dropped significantly. 2014 was masked by the novelty of it all, but this year will reveal the future trend.
by therisingblues
Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

It's just a sign of the times. You can't earn half a million a year and then complain about having to work hard for it imo
by bennymacca
Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL investigating new state league championship?

How can you call it Champions of Australia when any one of the AFL sides would smash the "champs of Aus" by 20 goal. Even half the AFL ressies would give them a game.

Pointless and just a gimmick for the AFL.

How about we kick the ressies out of the SANFL and have an 8 team league where each plays each other 3 times, 1 x Home: 1 x Away: 1 as a Double Header at AO.
24 Games with top 4 in the finals.

Bugger the AFL, play the GF the 1st week October where it belongs and try scheduling some of the early games as carnival games when there's no AFL to compete with.
Maybe SANFL could put their hands in their pockets and try spending some of that $80m on actually promoting their own league teams.
Do some 'bring a friend for free' offers and pay the home club $14 for every free ticket they give out or whatever, but least make some effort to pull in more patrons.
It isn't Rocket Science.
Then we wouldn't need gimmicky end of season crap that means nothing to anyone.
by johntheclaret
Sat May 02, 2015 2:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont care about what the standard is like.

If my favourite football team plays in a comp with integrity ill be there every week.

100%. Just want to be able to support my team in a pure competition that is not compromised by two self-serving clubs who can't see past their own noses.
The standard will never return to the glory days ... but give us an even playing field and we'll all come back.
Great post to by JK regarding age of top up players.
There would be hope still for the League, if it were not for the deaf and blind men still running the competition and many of its clubs.
by Harry the Horse
Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

Port and quite easily.

Eagles are hopeless on Adelaide Oval. They really struggle there.

Port know it well and how to play it with professional full time players who are taught how to play it (week after week).
by southee
Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would love to say South but injuries are really mounting and unless we finish top 3 I cant see us winning 4 straight finals. Talent wise we're well short of last season but playing a very disciplined and well structured brand of footy.

Not entirely convinced on the Eagles but they deserve favouritism, and wouldn't write Nwd off. Westies would want to play a lot better than they did last week, have seen very little of them though this season.

If South can't win it, is it wrong to kinda want Port too? Yes the smugness/ignorance of many (not all) Power supporters would be unbearable, but perhaps a sham premier might spur some clubs and the league into pulling their head out their backside. Or maybe it wont, and it's just wishful thinking and it'll end up being the knockout blow...

Agree with you there. IMO Port cost South a GF last year.. Knocked us out the the preliminary final with a stacked side.
One quarter (the 3rd) cost us as our guys just ran out of fitness against full time professional paid footballers.

If we got to the GF I think we could of given Norwood a run for their money and had our first premiership in 50 years.

Would like other clubs to find out how it feels to be beaten by a AFL club. Eats you inside !!! ( a feeling I wont forget easily)
by southee
Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Which is potentially a huge disadvantage to whoever plays them in the Qualifying. Imagine if Port win by 5 points, then have half a side next week and the Eagles flog them whilst the QF loser faces being bundled out in straight sets, which could be a quality side that only just missed the double chance. And of course the integrity's not compromised :roll:

FWIW I think Norwood still just have an edge over the Eagles if they can get close to their full side on the park.
by FlyingHigh
Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My daughters been a trainer down at South this year and despite me hardly talking to her about the issue she's more ropable than me about the AFL sides inclusion, she sees these poor plumbers, office workers, brickies, bar staff, salesmen, etc who have to get up at 6am every day to work and then train and play and try to compete with these professionals who her to spend every day training, recovering, lifting weights and resting for games and getting paid more money than the hard workers, she's disgusted being so close to the scene. She can't believe a team who potentially are paid millions against clubs with salary caps of a couple of hundred thousand including a reserves team are allowed to compete.
Our previously fair and awesome comp is a complete unfair rabble and its breaking so many loyal peoples hearts.
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder, 2015

Congratulations WWT Eagles, Pure Minor Premiers (tm) for the 2015 season. 3 games clear on top of the ladder. Lost only one game: their first, in round 2, by only six points to the eventual second-placed Bloods. This means that the Eagles have won 13 games on the trot.

At the other end of the table the poor old Roosters take the Pure Spoon (tm) without winning a single game against a worthy opponent. On average North's score was doubled by its opponent.

Once again the Panthers can claim to have been dudded by the inclusion of rubbish in the SANFL's league ranks. South performed better than 5 of its opponents, yet it misses finals in the corrupt "official" competition thanks to the vagaries of competition against professionals. Integrity and relevance my hairy white arsehole.

Good luck the the remaining four teams in the "official" competition. May they each do their best to become the Highest Finishing Dinkum Team in a Compromised Competition.

.............P...W...D.....F......A......%
Eagles......14..13...0...1114....716....60.87
West........14..10...0...1353....952....58.70
South.......14...8...1....958....816....54.00
Norwood.....14...8...0...1022....990....50.80
Central.....14...7...1...1040....988....51.28
Sturt.......14...5...0...1058...1094....49.16
Glenelg.....14...4...0...1078...1352....44.36
North.......14...0...0....692...1407....32.97
by Pseudo
Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If my Club had voted YES, I'm not sure I could give them my blind loyalty. I also know how hard Kris Grant is working to get change, so I feel I owe the club some loyalty. However that loyalty will be tested if changes are not at least made to Ports model. At a minimum I expect them in under the same model as the Crows. This means no home games, no Academy side and they pay the fee of $400000.
by cennals05
Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |