Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: SANFL AGM Reports

If the SANFL can give multi-million $ handouts to a traitorous club like Port Power then surely it can assist any of the real and loyal 8 SANFL clubs when they need it.
by JohnnyG
Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

Port and quite easily.

Eagles are hopeless on Adelaide Oval. They really struggle there.

Port know it well and how to play it with professional full time players who are taught how to play it (week after week).

I've had enough.
If Port Power reserves win, then that's definitely the end of the SANFL for me (and my grandkids).
If Port Power reserves only make the Grand Final, then only probably the end of the SANFL for me.
At the very minimum, as a first step, Port Power reserves have to be on the same conditions as the Crows reserves
- ie no Academy side, contribute $400,000 per season for being allowed to participate in the SANFL, no home games.
- 2nd step: kick both sides out of the SANFL or at least not allow them to play in finals or if in finals maximum 10 qualified players only.
by JohnnyG
Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the Tigers

How about:
(i) the PAPs pay $400,000 pa for their AFL Reserves to participate in the SANFL just like the Crows do - that gives $50,000 to Glenelg p.a.
(ii) the PAPs play their "home" games away just like the Crows do - that gives Glenelg another home game to make a few $
(iii) the PAPs repay their $15 million to the SANFL - then the 8 pure Clubs can use their share to upgrade facilities etc
(iv) and i'm sure there's more

Why is it ok for the SANFL to handout $15 million to the PAPs who in return just denigrate, undermine and abuse the SANFL,
yet not ok to give a small handout to its pure struggling Clubs such as Glenelg who are all an integral part of the SANFL?
by JohnnyG
Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 9 teams

This is a great opportunity to transform the SANFL back into a real community competition with the 8 real Clubs.
Salary caps and other spending can be reduced and we can have a more equal competition.
Might even attract back some supporters who gave up on the SANFL when it bent over backwards to accommodate the AFL reserves players.

8 Clubs, 8 teams - Crows & Port can look after themselves elsewhere.
by JohnnyG
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

Dutchy wrote:
whybother wrote:Ch7 report on 6pm news: Port reserves OUT for 2025. That's a good out for everybody.

Wonder what fee they will have to pay to leave, considering they are contracted to end of 2028

Since when do they pay anything to the SANFL - they only take
by JohnnyG
Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |