Search found 155 matches

Return

Re: 2017 Footy trips

So as the title says where are we all off to for what some call the most important part of the season?

We (Para Hills) are off to trusty old Mildura, (Cant go wrong with the low budget trip to Mildura in my opinion, half the fun is on the bus each way!) Sept 22-24, AFL prelim weekend.

Good old Mildura, boy did we have some good ones there with Paralowie.
by The Informer
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Footy trips

human_torpedo wrote:The Carey fitness campaign is all starting to make sense.. Getting ready for a footy trip nudie run!

Can confirm Carey is a shit bloke to go one a Footy trip with.
by The Informer
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Zartan wrote:Other names i've heard:

Sean Clarkson
Mark Rayment
Mark Frith
Warren Hancock
Daniel Clarkson
Bryce Norton
Ilesh Patel
Steve McPhedran

And what a spinner he was!
by The Informer
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Speaking off recording the games, has anyone else noticed Trinity put two go pros on the coaches box to record the game and then dont turn them on? Even know their coaching staff let the umpires know quote a lot during the game that it is being recorded?
by The Informer
Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couple of really good games of footy played at Houghton on Saturday and well done to Fitzroy on the win in the main game.
Was great to see so many Fitzroy players up in our club after the game enjoying a beer and after speaking to a couple of them sounds like they have some very good plans on the future.
Good blokes and club and wish them all the best.
by The Informer
Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That photo of the changerooms is a absolute disgrace and a reflection on the leadership off the club. No way in the world would I ever let our team walk out of a oppositions changerooms and leave it like that. Total disrespect.
by The Informer
Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

carey wrote:Is there a Grand Final this week?

Yes there is mate, Peake V Pinaroo at BDT, see you there
by The Informer
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Medal Count D3 and below

When do the medals get awarded?

Next Wednesday at the D1/2 medal night - assuming someone from HQ will contact you with a ticket for your young fella. It's at the Arkaba

I'm not sure if there's an option to purchase extra tickets this year.

Just wondering did this happen last night? Were the lower medals awarded to the winners?

Nope. They were last year, but they didn't do it last night.

Will O'Malley of ROCS was the runaway winner of D1 and Will Abbott of Old Ignatians was the runaway winner of D2

Ok, well at least our calls are staying the same.

Maybe some of the money coming in might be able to be spent on actually rewarding the winners and not a 5min You tube video and call past HQ when you can and collect your medal!

How things have changed.
by The Informer
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry ill get back in my box, didn't mean to have a opinion, i do know a few from our club planned to go but couldn't.

You are allowed an opinion mate, and you're certainly within your rights to express it on here
Especially un/miss/ill informed ones or just total BS - that's what makes safooty.net so great

Ok im back on board!
by The Informer
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Probably pretty safe to assume that Pooraka will be good in the A1s again. Picking up Marks from Northerns should see them go from strength to strength.
What is Pooraka's A2 likely to look like? Are all of the older guys from their A3 premiership side committed to playing A2 this year?
Not worried are you?

Ingle Farm should start almost unbackable favs in A2 given their recruiting.

Shaun "Greg Norman" Holland was telling me last week he is off to Pooraka to play A2 for them, there is a extra 17 runs and 4 wickets for the year for them.
by The Informer
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck to all teams on Sat, im tipping IF in the main game and Pulteney in the B grade.
Been a great season and thoroughly enjoyed my time having a beer and chatting to the folk from the others clubs after the games.
Now off to Div7 for us!
by The Informer
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:I turned up to collect my medal mainly because I'm thirsty for free pi$$

And thats why i remember it being such a great night, over to the West Thebby for a few beers and then stroll across.

West Thebby used to look like the start of The Warriors movie with everyone wearing their club colours.
by The Informer
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

im tipping Pulteney in the B grade.
Am I the only one looking forward to a repeat of last year after Pulteney won the flag, and having oldman come on here and let loose? :D

Lol i just had a look back and saw some off his finest work, some quality posts there!

First off he couldn't get to the games on Sat and 2 posts later he comes out and says he is the coach off the team, did he coach by Skype on the day?
by The Informer
Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Half Back Flanker wrote:Shaun Holland maybe?

No, he was last seen cruising across the paddocks at high speed on a scooter
by The Informer
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am hearing houghton have a new coach. When will it be formally announced?
Friday is my intel ;)

If it is who I think it is then they have been a member on the forum, albeit not a full on addict like some
Q may as well release the news - wont be able to keep this under wraps until Friday :lol:

Dont think it would be right for Q to announce himself, i will have to do it.
by The Informer
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:Player Coach im hearing and some say King of the North :)

You may need to go get your ears tested
by The Informer
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:Coaching rumours
Greenacres - Paul Niven
Fitzroy - Lindsay Bassani
Mawson Lakes - Dene Steele
Para Hills - Scott Bamford
Mitchell Park - Ben Weekley

What's happened to Wayne at MP, can't really see him going anywhere?
by The Informer
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just enjoyed watching the last 10 minutes of this:

https://youtu.be/jUmvRbpXx70
My opinion of that last minute hasn't changed - very soft effort from the fullback.

Just watched the effort, boy o boy, game on the line to win a GF and you put in that type of effort. If i coached him a lot of questions would have been asked.
by The Informer
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Ian Henderson would be due for a new club wouldn't he?Lol ;) :lol:

I heard he is just sitting back celebrating the fact you have lasted a year at another new club!
by The Informer
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Sounds good to me and i never think money is the answer to that
by The Informer
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe recruit the right people the first time and not money chasers or club hoppers?
by The Informer
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since we read non stop about clubs saying, he pays this we pay that, why dont the league just release what each club pays out as a whole?
All contracts have to go to the league, so why dont they just release a list with the total amount each club pays as a total.
Sick of reading the crap each year.
by The Informer
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

To be honest, i would rather been known as a boring club than be in discussions about stabbings and a drug culture. Im quite happy to ask around and find out peoples opinions about our club, im confident boring wouldn't come up.
by The Informer
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Think they should have came in with Mawson Lakes when they first started like Lakes spoke to them about but they were too big headed to listen.
by The Informer
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hopefully we can have a 10 team Div 7 this year. Hate byes. Going to be a good year for the Raiders!!!!

You can rule north pines out of div 7. Will only be able to field 1 team this season.

Well i cant see how they will be affiliated with the comp as they have already used there one team line before.
by The Informer
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe the club needs to remove him from there closed group then?
by The Informer
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Elizabeth FC must be doing something right then, not 1 player or coach gets paid and to have 4 sides in the comp this year shows these guys just play for the jumper.

Totally agree that a lot of clubs could learn a lot from the Elizabeth model.

I do know last season playing out there we got beat pretty easy in both games but the club put on numerous jugs, brought our players cans of spirits and food and all.

Was very hard to leave the club and everyone there made you feel welcome.
by The Informer
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can I ask, if any of you sat down with a club in this div and they offered you that money would you say yes or no?
Would I accept money to play footy if offered? Probably :lol:
Would I ask for money to play footy? Nope.

People are different though, i'm not driven by $$ - have had plenty of nice offers to play cricket over the years, but never have, nor would I ever accept money to play cricket. Just me though.

Rose Park never offered you anything pal lol
by The Informer
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

400 a game in Div 6, right there is whats wrong with amateur footy these days
by The Informer
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MP with 19 players for a two game trial and Green acres rolling up with 24 for a two game trial, about time some tough calls were made
by The Informer
Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Yes was going to post yesterday about this, have to take my hat off to the Rosewater people for the way they looked after us on Saturday. Brought some food over for us after that game and had a good chat to a couple of people doing some hard work at the club.

Think we would have had 20 odd stay for a drink after the game and lovely hospitality shown towards the us and we wish them all the best this season.

Well done.
by The Informer
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

A1 Medal - T Wordsworth (Para Hills)
A2 Medal- T Scott (Old Scotch) & J Rosenthal (Woodville Rech)
A3 Medal - B Cameron (Trinity OS)

Congrats to all the winners, just a quick question but how are the votes awarded?
3,2,1. Back a page or two Papa.

Cheers mate,

Good effort by the runner up in A3
459 runs
17 wickets
9 catches

compared to the winner

460 runs
0 wickets
7 catches
by The Informer
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unsure why you care to be honest
by The Informer
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No spare football behind the goal post anymore?
by The Informer
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But in all seriousness. Always a pleasure playing Houghton. Doing everything right the Raiders.

Playing with 18 and no bench in the magoos against a very solid side was tough going. Felt some of the blokes had a dip and managed to hit the scoreboard - which didn't look at all likely at 1/2 time.

Couldn't stay for the As, was off to watch the second half of the Pear. Glad we didn't have any discipline issues, we've made some strong statements internally lately to nip a bit of a trend in the bud.
Thanks Morell, was a good day down at MP and with 11 changes I think I it was to the team from last week in the reserves, I was defently worried leading Into the game. Thanks for the jugs after the game as well!
by The Informer
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can I just point out how much more enjoyable B Grade football is?

Short quarters. Finished by 2. Relaxed. Good vibes. Where has it been all my life? Love the post game BBQ feels.

You're B grade should win the D7R comp pretty comfortably from what I saw Saturday. Well skilled and a lot of smart footballers, smacked us all over the park. Beers always taste better after a big win!

To be honest i think we have a carton and half of beers left that we put aside for you blokes as i think there was only 1 A grader who came in after the match.
Was a great day at Houghton with a fair crowd there, the kids game between the two games was a excellent idea.
by The Informer
Tue May 08, 2018 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Once again please fill me in on this big money Houghton is paying this year? I reckon we could add up all the money together we pay each game and it wouldn't even equal what you blokes pay one player in your A grade, but hey I'm sure you know all the facts about Houghton.
by The Informer
Wed May 30, 2018 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone feel it a disgrace that there is so much money$$$$$ floating around in this grade.... St Paul's, Houghton, Marion, Mawson lakes, (not sure about osb have just joined)etc whole are paying big money per game to only be a div 7 club and the majority for a long time!!

Instead of spending the $$, build a club, culture etc and maybe one day you might become a club like ttg or gg

The fact there is so much floating around in div 7 is a joke and will discourage successful higher grade clubs to play in this division!!

**** this shit makes me laugh, in your 8 posts so far of wisdom can you please tell me how much Houghton is paying out this season in relation to big money, I know I only coach the B grade and am on the committee but I'm sure you would know a lot more, also please find one person who has joined us that doesn't say we have a great culture and everyone is welcome at our club, try find another reason why you are travelling the way you are.
by The Informer
Tue May 29, 2018 11:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Isn't this why you have promotion/relegation, all this stuff sorts itself out over 12 months anyway?
To a degree, yes, but promotion/relegation system doesn't allow for new clubs coming in, or clubs who spend up big win a flag/promotion and then drop multiple grades the following year or so.

Promotion/relegation doesn't account for OSB coming into the comp, it doesn't account for Para Hills returning 12 months after it was supposed to by in D4 following a D5 premiership and playing D7, it doesn't account for Salisbury West dropping after losing a D4 GF to D7.

To be fair I think the AdFL have got it pretty right with Brighton, Morphie Park's, OSBL, Edwardstown and Marion's entry, could argue they maybe came in one div to low but again they find their way to the right Div in 12 months anyway.

So you want all clubs to show their annual player spend budgets in Jan each year and make decisions based on player spend?

Got to love this division, two days ago we were discussing how much clubs like Houghton spend and today it is how the promotion and relegation system is stuffed, IMO there isn't much wrong with it, not like OSB and Marion have blown everyone out the water this season.
If you base it on recruits what happens when a group of them might decide to leave a week before round one and you have already been graded under your theory.
In a nutshell what exactly is the problem?
by The Informer
Thu May 31, 2018 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And here i was thinking we always said on here you cant take anything out of a trial game result as most clubs always have heaps missing.
by The Informer
Thu May 31, 2018 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Is he related to the Paralowie Pirates?
by The Informer
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Speaking of upgrade, pretty excited at Ingle Farm to finally have a decent playground for the kids completed! Good sized area off to the side of the home change rooms for the kids to run wild.. and it's strategically placed to force our drunks further around away from the club rooms! :lol: :P

We are also expecting to have our lighting upgrades completed by end of the month which will be a massive boost, and preliminary plans are underway for a half mill building upgrades. :D

Meanwhile us at Houghton are hoping for running water FFS
by The Informer
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Someone looking for The Riddler?
by The Informer
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Think he kicked 7.12 or something like that, I guess you get that when you don't know how to handball and take shots from the carpark
by The Informer
Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Says more and more about Houghton FC, here is a thought, get your A grade up and about!!!

Its D7R for FFS!

I think Houghton football club have come along way this season. The A grade didn't win a game last season and the reserves didn't make finals.

To have the A grade be competitive in nearly every game they played in and the reserves make the finals is a lot better than last season.
by The Informer
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Look Good In Leather wrote:Do we know of any media outlets reporting live from Thebarton tonight?

Ask Trinity
by The Informer
Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon the Houghton faithful travelled in good numbers for the early game at St Mary's as well
by The Informer
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:why is The Informer still showing as the informer, instead of his new name?

20-zip :lol: :lol:

Classic lol

FFS ive been stitched up here
by The Informer
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:why is The Informer still showing as the informer, instead of his new name?

20-zip :lol: :lol:

Classic lol

Nearly as many wins for the season as he has had footy clubs! ;) :lol:

Like the name tho

Welcome aboard pal
by The Informer
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some very disturbing news just in, a premiership coach not going away on his footy trip?

I didn't realise you'd got that old!

Do i know you?

I did think of you the other day with all this head count chat, i remember playing in a game where you called for three head counts during the game as captain and got it wrong each time lol
by The Informer
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |