Search found 38 matches

Return

Re: I need to know....

Can people please like this post for me, thank you.
by Squids
Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

I'm a bit confused?

So now you all want the PAFC to win the SANFL premiership?

No, we want you to try and fail miserably as you've been doing for the last decade or so.

Just like your mob did for 3+ Decades, or so.

That is until you copied the template for success.

But like most cheap, copy products, that only works for a short period of time.

8)
by beenreal
Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

1 day in a year to help raise money for a pretty worthy cause. Maybe if you have lost someone with breast cancer then you wouldn't think it's overkill.

Yep, $450k raised in a single day, what a terrible idea.

Is it the charity part or the pink part that you don't like TSG?

Maybe he can't handle that a spare $450k was at the SCG and Sydney Swans couldnt buy a key forward with it.
by helicopterking
Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

johntheclaret wrote:The England cricket team :oops: :roll:

Best British comedy since The Office...
by Magpiespower
Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

why people got upset over the Aldi T-shirts for Australia day
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've got a craving for bung fritz
by Squids
Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Taking my guitar amp out of storage after 3 years, and finding it still sounds amazing. My playing, on the other hand... :oops:
by Failed Creation
Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ha! No, I don't think soon to be Mrs HH3 would have been too thrilled.

Actually, come to think of it, she probably would've just laughed :lol:

*edit* and even if he did - there's a fair chance that not many people would've understood a word he said anyway ;)
by Footy Chick
Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions for 2014

So with Van Berlo rupturing an achillies and missing a fair chunk of the year does the golden boy assume the captaincy or do they give it to an elser statesman?
by Jim05
Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Isn't it just a name change from Magpies to Power? The guernsey will change but it wont be the first time in Port Adelaide's history that the colours of their guernsey has changed
Essendon were the 'Dons before being known as the Bombers.
Fitzroy went from being known as the Maroons to the Gorillas to the Lions before amalgamating with Brisbane.
Richmond were the Wasps prior to being known as the Tigers.
Yes the Magpies might be dead but the Port Adelaide Footy Club will live on, and isn't that who people support?
Nah, I used to think that till proven wrong. The PAFC changed their name to the PAMFC so a new entity "the power" could use their business name.
The PAMFC is virtually dead and buried now by its own artificial creation, its a bit like Battlestar Galactica with the Cylons created by the humans all but wiping the makers out.
Or Frankenstein to a degree too.

The PAFC is the club that has been in existence since 1870 right, so that's still alive and kicking, albeit in a Power guernsey now. The PAMFC was a short lived club with its history dating all the way back to 1999 right? That was until they amalgamated with the PAFC to create the "One Club".

Magpies or Power, its still the Port Adelaide Football Club
by Fricky
Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Failed Creation wrote:Today was most definitely a Tits-Out Tuesday at my work. I rate that. :YMPARTY:

However, I don't rate anorexic middle-aged women wearing shorts that expose their butt cheeks. :vom:

You work with Footy Chick?
by Brodlach
Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cfs volunteers
by BoundaryRider84
Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Thanks but per our CEO, Keith Thomas, I'll call the Magpies what the Port Adelaide Football Club officially calls them, "our SANFL side".

It's lucky you get a regular update from Keith Thomas telling you what to think and what your latest opinions are.

Imagine actually having to think for yourself and forming your own views......

I know, it's like being told you support "the team for all South Australians", and actually believing it.

8)
by beenreal
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We all know this is what Squibs looks like in real life.

by Johno6
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

I'm under 100kg for the first time in a couple of years.. i may only be 99.4kg, but i'm pretty happy with it..
by woodublieve12
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gozu wrote:Feral neighbours.

It always amazes me some of the people that are allowed to exist in society.

by Squids
Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:I think you should go HH3.......

ASAP.

As TSG has demonstrated very well, being in Darwin doesn't mean you can't be a dickhead on SA Footy.
by HH3
Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

Oh well maybe Trigg, Sanderson and co might realise having a list that relies on 4 footballers is a bigger issue than having a reserves side.

Sick shite crows, getting outclassed on and off the field by the Power
by whufc
Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port winning showdowns :lol:
by carey
Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Crows supporters always having an excuse why they lost! :roll:

And the excuse always wears white, am I right?

by Failed Creation
Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

kickinit wrote:The crows thinking they will do their first home game at AO better then Port Adelaide. Probably going to give away apricot slice and offer free knitting classes.

They've trained a real crow to fly in and land on it's handlers glove. Hours of fun for everyone
by RustyCage
Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Ash Man wrote:You still use a cheque book?
kilburn do, unfortunately they all bounce[WINKING FACE]
by Dols
Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Another SANFL side the Eagles at the end of a 58 point belting by a multi million dollar AFL club however the competition is not COMPROMISED !!!!

Comment please Zip Zap Olsen, Triggy , SANFL board, Tripodi and the gang of SIX you have a lot of explaining to do !!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what us long time SANFL supporters thought might happen.

The nightmare has begun !!!!!

SANFL now is a joke a sham a farce
Waa waa
by woodublieve12
Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't have an issue with the Power in fact I admire them in the last couple of years as they just sat back quietly while the Crows set them up beautifully. The Power care only about the Power and good on them. Its the 7 delegates that were more interested in pandering to the Crows than worrying about their own clubs that shit me.
by Wedgie
Thu May 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie, you cant blame The power or The Crows, they both want whats best for their club, and if the dumb arses that gave it to them agreed to it, how can you blame them. The only thing that annoys me is when their supporters are quetioned about the unfair advantage granted to them, they argue as if there is no advantage. What drugs are they on to even deny the fact their is an enormous advantage. Power supporters should just accept that where handed a gift but why should they give it back, if it was my team I would be over the moon.
The Power went about it the smart way while the Crows lied and conived their way in and in the process severely hurt their own brand amongst the most loyal footy fans around. I cheered for them live at the 97 GF and all of the 93 finals. Never again, my most hated club in the world.
The Power on the other hand went up a couple of notches in my book and I wish them well.
Most of their supporters will always be dimwits, inbreeding will do that but they're harmless.
by Wedgie
Thu May 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Warren Tredrea, Australian Football Hall of Fame inductee.

During the period of 2001, 2002 (49 goals ),2003 (58) ,2004 (81) Tredders stood tall as the best CHF in the game.

Widely regarded as the hardest position to play on the field Tredrea stood out as the best player for 4 consecutive years in that position and in 2004 was one of the stand out players in the competition. 81 goals from CHF in a Premiership year. =D>

All part of a stellar career that started as a 17 year old SANFL Premiership player. This bloke was and is a bloody champion of our game and deserves his induction as an Australian Football Hall of Fame inductee.

Port Adelaide from birth, Port Adelaide forever. Good onya Tredders!!!!

Team :

AFL Premiership (Port Adelaide): 2004
AFL McClelland Trophy (Port Adelaide): 2002, 2003, 2004
AFL Wizard Cup (Port Adelaide): 2002
SANFL Premiership (Port Adelaide): 1996

Individual:

All-Australian: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 (vice-captain)
AFL Norwich Rising Star Nomination: 1998
AFL Coaches Association 'Champion Player of the Year' Award: 2004
AFL Players Association 'Champion Player of the Year' Award: 2003 (3rd place), 2004 (3rd place)
John Cahill Medal: 2001, 2004, 2005, 2009
John Cahill Medal 'Runner-Up': 1999, 2002, 2003
Port Adelaide F.C. Captain: 2004, 2006–2008
Port Adelaide F.C. Life Membership: 2005 induction
Port Adelaide F.C. Leading Club Goalkicker award: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009[40]
Port Adelaide F.C. Most career AFL goals: 549[41]
Port Adelaide F.C. Most goals in an AFL game: 8 (Round 7, 1998)[40]
Port Adelaide F.C. Most Improved Player award: 1998, 1999
Herald Sun Player of the Year Award: 2004
3AW Player of the Year Award: 2004
The Advertiser Player of the Year: Award 2004
Triple M Player of the Year Award: 2004
The Age Player of the Year Award: 2004
West End Showdown Medal XVI: 2004
Peter Badcoe VC Medal 2005 round 5
SANFL Hall of Fame Inductee 2012
Australian Football Hall of Fame Inductee 2014
by Booney
Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An oldie, but ***** who dont bother to acknowlege you when you let them into your lane. More often than not they're driving a 4wd.
by saintal
Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements - 2014

Dogwatcher wrote:If Truck's not there, who's going to tow the bandwagon?

Rowey's got it covered.
by Jim05
Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He comin' back, he comin' back!

by Magpiespower
Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suggestions for a new song for Port

Nah it does seem a bit silly considering the whole tarp thing

At least we tried something to cover the empty seats up. ;)
Although it wasn't a great look to see the tarps up, I actually thought it wasnt a bad idea - they weren't getting large crowds and it was an opportunity to sell space to sponsors, plus condensed the crowd a little bit so there was some sort of atmosphere.

I dont have a problem with the actual tarps. I have a problem with Port supports singing "you'll never tear us apart" when they're one of the most fickle supporter bases in AFL. When the goings good, everyone bleeds black, white and teal. When things aren't going well they "aren't gonna spend their small weekly spending money on going to watch shit footy."

Never tear us apart? Pa-leeaassse!!

Go on, admit it. You'd kill for a supporter base, fickle or otherwise. :lol:
by Booney
Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week #1

Very very nice
by RustyCage
Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

Port Adelaides mantra of never, ever giving up was evident on Saturday. It would have been so easy to have rolled over when down by 23 points with 15 minutes to go, but this young group simply does not give up.

The best two clubs, Hawthorn and Sydney, are set for some years at the top, many expect Fremantle and Geelong to be there or thereabouts, but perhaps not in a position to challenge next year.

Then there are a heap stuck in a holding pattern, "hopeful" of better things. Collingwood, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Richmond. All hopeful of more.

Then there is Port Adelaide and North Melbourne. Two clubs who are "coming". Many expected North to be in Ports spot last year, in a semi final and growing as a group. Close losses last year kept them out the 8. but this year they took a step forward.

So while Saturdays loss hurts, on the back of last years semi-final departure and many "experts" suggesting Port over achieved last year and wouldn't make the 8 this year we push the Hawks in a Prelim. We are coming*, we are building.

Come round 1 next year Adelaide Oval will be packed full, membership in the high 50,000's and the club in better shape than any time in the last 6 years. I can't be anything but optimistic, proud and super keen for the 2015 season. With some savvy recruiting ( we must go after Ryder with everything ) Port supporters can now expect, not hope, for a top 4 finish.

On Hawthorn, for a bloke with stumpy legs, a bit of soft belly and not a lot of pace, Sam Mitchell is an absolute gun. His ability to find time and space in traffic, win the ball, direct traffic when Hawthorn don't have the ball ( I watched him off the ball for a bit on Saturday, he marshals the Hawthorn press ) is as good as any. Ablett, Fyfe, Gray all get the plaudits this year, but on his day Mitchell is every bit the best player in the comp.

No shame in saying we had nobody to go with Roughead, he's almost impossible to have someone run with him when he goes into the middle and the star key forwards in the form he is in are hard to stop, very hard to stop.

One last thing on Port for now, Ken Hinkley. In Ken we trust.
by Booney
Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

A message from Boaky- any wonder this bloke has the respect he does- not just from within the Port Adelaide family, but from the football world in general:

To our fantastic supporters,

The season is over for our club and it didn’t end the way we wanted to.

I know how disappointed you are that we couldn’t get the job done against Hawthorn on Saturday, and how we couldn’t pip Norwood at the end of Sunday’s SANFL Grand Final.

For our footy club, it’s not good enough.

The way all of us look at it, we just need to be better at playing the game.

We’ve moved on from results that we can’t change and we’re really determined to make the most of every single training session across the next pre-season.

The reason I’m writing to you isn’t just to tell you that though, I’m writing to say thanks, on behalf of our whole footy club, for being the best supporters in the AFL.

We said it plenty throughout the year, but now our campaign is over and we’ve had time to reflect, the one thing that sticks will all the boys is the roar you made in that very first game at Adelaide Oval.

You were unbelievable.

Just like you were unbelievable at the MCG last Saturday night.

We didn’t see the march, but our membership team said we couldn't measure it in people - we had to measure the attendance in kilometres!

The photos in the paper really show your incredible support for us against the Hawks, you were louder than their supporters, your passion was as good as it’s been at Adelaide Oval.

The boys go on leave today before returning for pre-season in November, but please remember that every step we take when we return is to make sure Port Adelaide is better in 2015.

Next year, we’ll be more consistent, we’ll be even more prepared for the challenges of the big teams and those who are sure to fire up.

We’ll play for you and we’ll play for our guernsey with the same commitment and passion we did this year, because we know what our club is all about – it’s a family, and we’re all part of it.

See you in November!

Boaky
by valleys07
Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Clearly the Kangaroos are made of sturdier stuff than the swamp dwellers at West Lakes.
by Booney
Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Dutchy wrote:Image

No need to it's a top 4 list remember.
by carey
Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

There will never be a AFL reserves comp in most of our lifetimes at least, not sure why people go on about it.
Logistically and fiscally unviable.
And FFS dont compare it with sports that have half the players/support staff.
by Wedgie
Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:The way soccer players carry on.

edited for accuracy ;)
by Footy Chick
Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |