Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Word on the street onsong is d. Wise to head back to two wells, one things for certain for any side with outs that can hold it's own against Mallala, who has been the bench mark or this competition as far as I can remember, is a plus.
I know Mallala had their own outs, however mallalas depth over the past 5 years has always been good.
No team that gets the points at the end of the day is going to complain about the win no matter who the opposition had missing.
Again who is complaining?????????????????????????
Are you a spud.?? I said no team at the end of the day is going to complain, that isn't a reference to anyone in particular complaining.
Was simply saying two wells would be happy with the result regardless of any ins and outs as long as they got the points..... Geee wizz
by Kcco
Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not the only incident of the day. Long plains ruckman left the ground with blood pissing out of his head from a knee.
Just to be clear, that was an accident in a rucking contest. Nothing untoward about that. Mind you, the spray he have his teammates and trainer was somewhat bizzare.

Anyway If drainer gets games. I hope the bloke that punched him in the back of the head from behind numerous times gets games too.

Yep saw that also. No.16 from Balak it was, think they call them coward punches these days, right in front of the umpire who did nothing. He did nothing about all the incidents all day that were happening to both sides. The hit on Scharenberg i think it was, didn't look like to untoward but was a shirt front that got him high. Didnt see the one on Mitchy Daniel, hope he gets back soon. However agree that number 3 for UFC didnt go near it after that. Tough footy is getting the footy, not whacking blokes.
by Woofa
Sun May 04, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rumours going around that Virginia have a new major sponsor in Daily Juice, any truth to that boys?
by Littlerayofsunshine
Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hopefully Balaklava genuinely attempt to resolve some of the key issues that have led to some of its members and players wanting to throw the toys out of the cot and play somewhere else. It is likley that some of the issues that Balaklava have raised align with those of other clubs around the competition - fingers crossed they show some leadership and attempt to work with the board and clubs to resolve them. As it currently stands, from my perspective, they look like a bunch of sooks and are happy to throw away decades of history as one of the premier clubs in the Adelaide Plains because they are not getting their own way. It would be a shame for the long-time servants of their club, and of course the APFL. Time will tell!

I would contend that it's the league's problem to deal with club issues, such as those which Balaklava are allegedly wanting to leave for.
Any football club's focus should be on bettering their own club, not the league that they play in; the by-product of this would be that the league would benefit from having a strong club/clubs.

Given the board's seeming ineptness over many years, if I was on a club committee I wouldn't be in a hurry to try and fix the issues that the league is currently faced with at the detriment of making my own club better. I would also suggest that the history of a league is of little relevance to a club in comparison to the history of their own club.

Not all the issues that the league faces are able to be controlled by the clubs/league (i.e. player numbers), but behavioural or cultural issues which pertain to a club should be addressed by the league and the club themselves.

Each to their own though - I think it's clear through my response that I side with the footy club over most of the reasons that were floated as why they wanted to play footy in a different competition.

And that pretty much sums up Balaklava in a nutshell :roll: I'm interested in your view of how fixing issues at league level will be at the detriment of making your club better?

Why would any other league want to take on a club that deals with issues in such a way. What happens if they don't get their own way in the next league?

I agree that not all issues at league level can be controlled by clubs, but many can if they are raised and attempts are made to work through these rather than scampering away because its seemingly all too hard.

Fixing issues at a league level is clearly not a detriment to any football club.
However, football club people having to spend their time working on fixing the issues of another club can be.
One club can’t control what another club is doing, outside of their delegates bringing their concerns to the league.

With this being said, the issues that were raised for Balak wanting to leave have been going on for years and all clubs not involved in creating these issues seem to have tried to take action. Unfortunately, for whatever reasons you want to attribute them to, there’s issues continue to persist.

I’m not involved in the club but as with anything in any part of life, at some point you cut your losses and move on.
Now that the league and the clubs know how seriously Balaklava Football Club are, it’ll be a big year (or a few) where changes need to be made or they’ll be back applying to move in another 10 months time.

The other way to look at this is that the APFL traditionally is a country competition.
With the expansion of the northern suburbs, Virginia, Angle Vale and now Two Wells are basically an extension of metro Adelaide.
With continued expansion, it makes sense for the country towns to look elsewhere to play given that in 10 years time, the population of those 3 areas may well make the league in its current state unviable for them all.
by Greggy Gregginson
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |